Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Why Sony PS4 is Superior to Xbox One.

13»

Comments

  • Havok2allHavok2all Roswell, GAPosts: 188Member Uncommon

    i'm not a fan boy of either system, as I think both companies make great consoles based on their limitations as consoles. But, to be honest, there has only been one game PS had that Xbox didn't that I wanted and that was Uncharted series. Other than that, playstation never stuck out as a must have console. Xbox, for me, always had better exclusive options.

    Kinect 1 was just the first trial to move gaming to the real future of gamingf, Kinect 2.0 has improved on that majorly and moves us even closer to changing how we game completely. I imagine by Kinect 3.0 we are going to be getting really close to virtual reality type gaming. Microsoft is way ahead of the pack in this field and eventually Sony is going to have to race to try and catch up.

    In regards to Microsoft cloud, their server system that will support cloud gaming is going a big leap in superiority compared to Sony. The tech and changes they have made in preparation for Xbox 1 are pretty astounding. The costs must have been staggering. Xbox 1s venture into other areas like media and the such will open a butt load of doors of new possibilities in a few years with the mixing of TV, Consoles, Computers, tablets and phones. Heck, when MS does release external drive options, they should go ahead and jump into DVR field. They would make a killing.

    Which am I choosing? Simple, Sony doesn't have Project Spark, so Xbox gets my support in November. Although, eventually I might get PS4, if they get enough PS4 only game options I care about. EQnext is certainly not one of them. I would play that on PC anyway.

     

  • ariasaitchoariasaitcho Rapid City, SDPosts: 112Member

    As PC exclusive player I can truthfully say that I'm a disinterested party in the XBox vs PS thing. I've never owned a console and I don't plan on owning one in the future.

    But if I were to buy one, I'll tell you which one I'd avoid like the plague. XB1. Why? The kinect system. With all the spying by the NSA going on with permission of several companies including Microsoft. Why would I want to give anyone the capability of literally being able to watch me at will? Facial recognition? Biometric readings? I'm sorry but that data is mine, and no one will have it without my express written consent.

    But if you are ok with god knows who looking in on you at will, data mining you, and whomever comes into view; then be my guest.

    image
  • RzepRzep warsawPosts: 716Member Uncommon

    They're both shit and offer nothing new. Every game so far is just bigger/prettier than the games that were released in the last-gen. Any meaningful progress in terms of games development? Nope. Oh look, everygame needs to be installed, revolutionary. Cloud support, mesmerizing. Kinect included with every Xbox1, the last one was so worth it I can't wait to see how much developers can fail at motion controls. Backwards compatibility? Who needs that I mean we all have room for every conosole that has ever been released.

    I find the new consoles really depressing, as I have bought most consoles for the last few gens. This time I have no interest in them whatsoever. They're just shitty PC's.

  • A.BlacklochA.Blackloch NexusPosts: 831Member
    Reading this is almost like hearing a small child explaining why his bike is better than the one kid living next door has.

    image image image

  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,550Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    People only buying a PS4 because it is cheaper. I feel sorry for PS4 fans because they will be getting crappy exclusives compared to what the Xbox One is getting. 

    In the history of PS3 and 360, PS3 had the best exclusives.  So im pretty sure it will be the same for PS4.  I still havent seen one exclusive for the Xbox One that makes it worth spending 500 for, some of them look cool but still nothing amazing.  Titanfall has a cool ideas with the mechs but it is reduced to being only a lobby multi-player shooter and Killer Instincts just looks like a Street Fighter 4 clone down to its graphics/art style.  Majority of the best games are multi-platform even Mass Effect series.  I feel sorry for the xbox fans for being forced to spend a hundred dollars extra for a peripheral (kinect) that majority of triple A games wont even use and even if it did most hardcore gamers doesnt like it because the games turn out to be like Star Wars Kinect.  At least with PS4 I have the choice to buy the playstation eye which has the same functions like voice recognition and facial/hand recognition commands.

    On top of that PS4 will get Planetside 2 and prolly EQ Next later down the line.  Sony still havent even revealed all the exclusives PS4 is getting, they only revealed like 5 out 40.  The only exclusive that actually looked impressive on Xbox One was the next Dead Rising.  And even in the 5 revealed 3 of those titles looked more worth it than majority of the ones on Xbox One, like Infamous Second Son, Killzone Shadowfall, and Order 1886.  Plus im looking forward to the next gen sequels of Uncharted, Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls.

  • RzepRzep warsawPosts: 716Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Mortemia
    Reading this is almost like hearing a small child explaining why his bike is better than the one kid living next door has.

    That's "System Wars" for you. Best decision of my life was completely withdrawing from the Gamespot SW forums.

  • ZadawnZadawn SPosts: 651Member
    Buy and play on whatever you want.

    image
  • RecoreRecore Posts: 5,095Member Uncommon
    What about the Wii U?image
    Raptr Gamercard
  • mechromancer589mechromancer589 Centreville, VAPosts: 1Member

    This is just too funny. Way to argue like your going to win.

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    P.S. citing the Wii U is like bringing a knife to a gun fight

  • SuniojSunioj Saratoga, NYPosts: 261Member

    I do not see why people have to write articles about the PS4 and XBOne.  What is the point?  Buy what you want and play it.  Plain and simple, who cares about any other device if you do not wish to use it. 

     

    If you buy a smart phone to go around and complain and bash the one you didn't buy?  So why make a whole big thing about the new consoles coming out.  Just buy what you want and enjoy it.  Again, who cares.

    Momo sucks, I have proof.

  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148 1, NJPosts: 6,690Member
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    People only buying a PS4 because it is cheaper. I feel sorry for PS4 fans because they will be getting crappy exclusives compared to what the Xbox One is getting. 

    In the history of PS3 and 360, PS3 had the best exclusives.  So im pretty sure it will be the same for PS4.  I still havent seen one exclusive for the Xbox One that makes it worth spending 500 for, some of them look cool but still nothing amazing.  Titanfall has a cool ideas with the mechs but it is reduced to being only a lobby multi-player shooter and Killer Instincts just looks like a Street Fighter 4 clone down to its graphics/art style.  Majority of the best games are multi-platform even Mass Effect series.  I feel sorry for the xbox fans for being forced to spend a hundred dollars extra for a peripheral (kinect) that majority of triple A games wont even use and even if it did most hardcore gamers doesnt like it because the games turn out to be like Star Wars Kinect.  At least with PS4 I have the choice to buy the playstation eye which has the same functions like voice recognition and facial/hand recognition commands.

    On top of that PS4 will get Planetside 2 and prolly EQ Next later down the line.  Sony still havent even revealed all the exclusives PS4 is getting, they only revealed like 5 out 40.  The only exclusive that actually looked impressive on Xbox One was the next Dead Rising.  And even in the 5 revealed 3 of those titles looked more worth it than majority of the ones on Xbox One, like Infamous Second Son, Killzone Shadowfall, and Order 1886.  Plus im looking forward to the next gen sequels of Uncharted, Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls.

    That is old news. This is a whole new ball game now and right now the Xbox One's exclusives are far superior compared to the PS4's. Games is what matters most.

    30
  • tixylixtixylix gfff, TNPosts: 1,208Member Uncommon
    Only Americans care about the 360.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Radcliff, KYPosts: 2,131Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by mechromancer589

    This is just too funny. Way to argue like your going to win.

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    P.S. citing the Wii U is like bringing a knife to a gun fight

    I know right? PS4 already has beat out Xbox One! PS4 is already sold out EVERYWHERE!! Any Joe Shmoe with money can buy a Xbox One. Here you go! Amazons,com Videogame Top sellers! http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

    Even with PS4's sold out til after Christmas.PS4 is one handed beating out Xbox!  While im sure Xbox One will make some ground due to the PS4 being sold out.  The aspirations and arguments are mute when actual sales are shown! Sony WON.. Microsoft loss! Another tidbit! http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-Sales-Expected-50-Higher-Than-Xbox-One-According-Report-57769.html

    Good Luck!

  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,774Member Uncommon

    no matter which console is superior i will have a PS4 and a PC. When Xbox One price drops a few years later i will buy one for the exclusives, that is for sure.

     

    One thing i find very very funny i read a couple days ago on the news. Kinect's voice commands will only work in 5 countries at launch (despite it supporting about 8 languages at launch and the console launching in 13 countries on day 1)...... There you have a mandatory piece of brick attached to your console that rises the cost by $100 and you cant even use it properly. Not only i would have to pay for a piece of device i dont want, but after i get it i cant even use it.... lol Micro$oft, just lol. 

    image
  • SkogSonSkogSon MalmöPosts: 59Member

    In the end I think it is basicly going to come down to it being about the exclusive releases for respective consols. And from what i have seen so far, PS4 has superior exclusives heading their way. Like the one i linked. Wathed a live demo of it on gamescon running of a dev kit ps4 and truly it blew my mind!

    I missed so many games because I bought 360 last time around. Not doing that again just because they have "party games"

    Free to live, Free to play!

  • duiLucidduiLucid marietta, GAPosts: 46Member
    I'm buying both... so, don't care.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Raleigh, NCPosts: 2,773Member

    It really does feel good that I will be gaming on ps4, xbox one, and maybe wii U just for exclusives.I game on PC now though so really only getting for sure both consoles for couch use and exclusives mainly.

     

    Thoughon topic  PS4 does seem to be the best option for console gaming.

     

     

    I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

    I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

    P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

    Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

  • GrunchGrunch yuma, AZPosts: 493Member

    Yeah man, unplugging the Kinect must be tough.

     

    I like everything about the PS except the controllers. They blow.

    "I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common

    the PS Vita TV announcement is a nice perk for PS4

     

    Sony PlayStation Vita TV: Microconsole hits Japan in November for under $100, streams video and PS4 games

    http://reviews.cnet.com/consoles/sony-playstation-vita-tv/4505-10109_7-35827489.html

13»
Sign In or Register to comment.