Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How are people getting several level 50s already??

13»

Comments

• icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by icculus2112
    I wouldn't call the world size tiny, its probably about twice the size of vanilla Rift.  Which still puts it on the small side but not terrible.

Hmm I don't know as I haven't seen any data comparing the two, to me - again my personal experience, FFXIV ARR world feels smaller than vanilla Rift and a lot smaller at that.

And yes Rift's world was not big, but again this feels so much smaller, maybe because of all the zoning - Rift was seamless (except the dungeons obviously). Also there are many invisible walls in ARR, Rift has some too don't get me wrong, but at least in Rift you can climb mountains and find glowy collectibles and some loot cairns are on top of hills etc.

1-20 Rift has a total of 2 zones (not counting the tutorial zones).  FFXIV has about 9-10 different zones.

Not to mention the city sizes.

• obsolete5obsolete5 Member Posts: 82

The fantastic crafting system is hurt by the fast leveling speed and FATE system, because you outlevel gear too fast and FATEs are so easy when done with zerg groups that gear doesnt matter.

i agree, and while i have 'fun' in the same way that computer programming is fun (somewhat tedious, pressured work that gives a sense of satisfaction when you look back at the finished product)  its also a bit of a time sink .. and like bruce lee said, if you love life, dont waste time.. and suffers from this problem greatly - besides making some gil or filling in no-so-required pieces, and without being able to harvest repair ores, besides materia socketing there is little real point to it , it appears, so far.  since the gear goes unneeded leveling the crafting without a hefty supply of leves becomes a tedious grind as well.  

the post about worrying about the sun had some nice philosophy and while its true its best to live and enjoy life that way, that doesnt mean there arent tons of games to choose from and that gamers can discuss both good points and shortcomings of games... for once id say the developers should listen here, but im sure they are noticing this already themselves.  i hope they are already busting their asses to make more content - many more large world zones, higher level cap that takes a long time, more duty finder stuff

• castertroytcastertroyt Member UncommonPosts: 21
    It's quite possible to get multiple char to lv50 if you planned your leveling route properly. I manage to get 4 class to lv20, and 2 class to lv15 during open beta...in which I've only spent 45 hours...which is considered low by hardcore standard. Didn't play much during head start, then play only at night during weekdays, and a little bit more on weekends...got 2 class to lv30+, a crafter to 28, another craft at 20 & 15. The hardcore ones probably get only 4 hours of sleep every day.
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

hit 50 last thursday.

follow the story quest and hit fates when you can. it's pretty easy and not really that time consuming. i certainly wasn't pushing myself, there were people in my FC hitting 50 on the 26th/27th.

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

Well im no were near 50 yet. I play like 3-4 hours a day, average 30 minutes to log in during that time. Few days I couldn't log in.

I actually started with phase 3, and been playing since, but I take my time and do all the side quest's, read the storyline, and just explore. I'll do fates ocationally if they happen to be near wear i'm questing, or doing hunting logs.

So far I got a level 16 conjurer and a 22 gladiator, I've been enjoying this game, even without rushing.

If this game is like GW2 even with my playstyle i'll prolly cap in less than 2 months, and the game will still be around 10 years from now, so no point to rush it.

Originally posted by obsolete5

The fantastic crafting system is hurt by the fast leveling speed and FATE system, because you outlevel gear too fast and FATEs are so easy when done with zerg groups that gear doesnt matter.

i agree, and while i have 'fun' in the same way that computer programming is fun (somewhat tedious, pressured work that gives a sense of satisfaction when you look back at the finished product)  its also a bit of a time sink .. and like bruce lee said, if you love life, dont waste time.. and suffers from this problem greatly - besides making some gil or filling in no-so-required pieces, and without being able to harvest repair ores, besides materia socketing there is little real point to it , it appears, so far.  since the gear goes unneeded leveling the crafting without a hefty supply of leves becomes a tedious grind as well.  

the post about worrying about the sun had some nice philosophy and while its true its best to live and enjoy life that way, that doesnt mean there arent tons of games to choose from and that gamers can discuss both good points and shortcomings of games... for once id say the developers should listen here, but im sure they are noticing this already themselves.  i hope they are already busting their asses to make more content - many more large world zones, higher level cap that takes a long time, more duty finder stuff

I actually really enjoy gathering and crafting, because I find it personally rewarding.  I make almost all of my own gear and choose to take my time.  At least FFXIV gives me this option, most games do not.  And my FC very much enjoys the fact I love to dump HQ crafting jewelery in the company chest.

Im more worried because fast leveling is a proven retention killer, and dont want to see that happen to FFXIV.

I think they should make a couple end game patches for now and focus on making a big 25 level expansion that splits the difference between FFXI and FFXIV speed.

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Fates super OP atm. Not sure if they are nerfing them this patch but I have heard that a nerf to them is in the works.
  • RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

Many of my free company pals are working on 50 on their 2nd or 3rd jobs.  I hope Square Enix manages to get a couple months sub out of people before they just fry out.

I've been playing since early access and I have a level 24/16/10/10/11/10 and a level 20/10/7 and a 7.  I am enjoying the game and the storyline quests and I think I'll be playing long after many players get bored and move on.  I think this game will hold a nice sized population in comparison to many other MMO's recently released because of the FF following and all the players that stuck with FFXI for so long that are now enjoying FFXIV.

I hope this fix tonight makes logging in more possible.  Many of our level 50's are unemployed or students and can log in early and stay logged in all day, while those of us subject to normal working hours can't get in during peak login times and can't even attempt to keep up.

No bitchers.

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340
    Originally posted by Walter Hagen

When traveling life's highway, don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Heck with you, man, I'm getting level 50 in 1 week by playing 24/7 on a diet of Jolt and coffee bean trail mix, and then I'm going to go onto the official forums and complain loudly for 5 months about why there's no content left!

Originally posted by RelytDnegel
    Fates super OP atm. Not sure if they are nerfing them this patch but I have heard that a nerf to them is in the works.

I just want to actually enjoy doing a FATE before 25 THM/BLMs come over and insta AoE it down

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Originally posted by obsolete5

I actually really enjoy gathering and crafting, because I find it personally rewarding.  I make almost all of my own gear and choose to take my time.  At least FFXIV gives me this option, most games do not.  And my FC very much enjoys the fact I love to dump HQ crafting jewelery in the company chest.

Im more worried because fast leveling is a proven retention killer, and dont want to see that happen to FFXIV.

I think they should make a couple end game patches for now and focus on making a big 25 level expansion that splits the difference between FFXI and FFXIV speed.

It's sad how much more equipment meant in ffxi vs ffxiv arr. Remember the days in ffxi when you had gear that was hard to obtain that had stats that really stood out compared to the normal stuff at that level.

For example the leaping boots which thieves used from like level 12-50 because no other gear matched it. Those boots were hard to come by. You either had to farm leaping lizzy for months, unless you were were really lucky. That lizard spawn rate was anyware between 5 min to 5 hours real time, and like a 5% drop rate on the boots. Prices really went up on those because of the rarity and demand for um.

That was just one example of the gear in ffxi. FFxiv arr on the other hand, sux in comparison to the important of gear when compared to ffxi, sux they made gear so pointless and easily obtainable. I'm currently leveld to 22 on my gladiator and I have not even used the market bordes once to purchase gear or anything else.

I really miss the days when gear matters and you had to work for it, and the daily trading on the AH :(

But i'm still enjoying the game regardless, I just hope I don't get burnted out on it in say like 6 months.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Don't worry about how other players are playing, just do your own thing at your own pace. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    I'm gonna say it's the people playing 14-15 hours a day regularly. For some people video games are all they do, and also for high school or college students who didn't start school until this week and didn't have a job to take up their time so they play this.You have to compare hours played not days played. 
  • obsolete5obsolete5 Member Posts: 82

Haha yeah the stat gear in ff11.  and the leaping lizzy boots had the unique look too, i farmed to get those.  players figured out how to make the nm spawn so it didnt take too long when i did it, a few hours over a couple days i think.  and when u get them u got the baller boots.

and yes, ur right, it is hours played, people are gaming way too much.  but believe it or not, mmo are not single player games.  80 hours to complete isnt considered generous mmos 'used to be' what the tome in the ff14 inn says, unending journey.  the original mmos all took days, at least 100 days, of ingame playtime to reach max level.  and they were good games.

• ChuckanarChuckanar Member UncommonPosts: 210

For one they are not sleeping much. Two they are Fate farming. It is the easiest way to get xp and seals when grouped. I dont do it since I think that has to be the most boring way to play a game but they paid their cost and they can play how they want to. I think they will be the first ones whining in a few days about they need more content when there is no way possible they read any of the storyline.

I have had log in issues, as has most of my guild, and see it as the ultimate folly to rush thru a game that is just out. Oh well I am enjoying what I have gotten to play so far. Just got to 38 in Lancer before the epic maint. but then I have around 50 levels spread between my carpenter smith Gladiator Marauder miner etc.

• DecimanDeciman Member Posts: 101

Ive had over a week off from work.  No issues beyond a medium annoyance getting into the game.  Have played this game way more than I should have during my time off...I almost feel disgusted with how much ive played this game.

Im only level 35 and have under lv10 on one crafter and two gathering classes.

I mean I played when I woke up until I felt sick from being tired at night.

The people who are level 50 right now either have 1.0 character or are sick in the head to have progressed that fast...or they botted or something.

I haven't had a mmorpg or game do this to me in a LONG time..many years....

But yeah the people who are already 50 either had carry over character from the old game, tried REALLY hard to get there fresh, or botted. 

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by RelytDnegel

I just want to actually enjoy doing a FATE before 25 THM/BLMs come over and insta AoE it down

Yeah make sure you get into a party otherwise you will pretty much never get a gold rating at the higher lvl fates.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by Husvik
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64
    I am happily taking my time and enjoying all the game has to offer, rather than target lvl 50 and "end game". If other's wish to level as fast as possible, let them. As for me, I will spend time leveling my main class, then some time leveling alt classes, including crafting. I just don't see the fun in rushing in this game.

This^^^

Yep me too!

there will always be the content locusts, that will eat up a game, complain about nothing to do (when there is), and then move on.

I for one was leveling my Lancer, got to level 12, decided to try out the crafting, and now am higher in my crafting class then my battle classes.

I like to eat my steak one bit at a time, not devour it like a Predator :)

• ChocobroChocobro Member Posts: 64

They need a nerf hard.

Giving out both a generous amount of Exp AND Seals? Do don't even need to complete them, you can just run to the next one that pops up and still get credit. Not only that but they seem to scale badly with a decent amout of people present.

Nerf rewards or remove the exp gained and only have seals as rewards. Rework how fates scale with 15 plus people

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

I'm no legacy player, and I've got a level 50 and a level 30.  Even on days where I have work and won't be playing until the night I never log out, because I know I will then have to battle the login boss for 6 hours.  I know its a potential risk on my computer but I have made several precautions to help keep the temperature low and stable.  

Oh and here is a tip, costa del sol fate grind----> Coerthas fate grind----->North thanalan fate grind first and foremost.  Do any and every side quest that becomes available in between fates, and make sure you do every story/class quest available as well.  This should keep you gaining exp at a steady route.  If your area is dry of side quests, substitute with a hunting log or two.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL