Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unacceptable : Maintenance at 8PM/5PM AT NIGHT

Comments

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242

Oh my...

Someone, somewhere is going to inevitably wind up getting shafted. For EQ2 it's primarily the EU guys that get it. For Vanguard, it's EU and the poor lads Down Under that are constantly getting it. With FF-XIV, it's just our turn.

Play Rift or something else on patch day and be happy that they're working on fixing the issues. I for one quit playing on launch day just because I can't stay logged in.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Well...since many people can't even PLAY the game without this maintenance - it's a "good thing". It's only 4 hours...I'm sure there's something on Netflix to watch :)

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    Originally posted by Deciman
    you should sue them for like, eleventy billion dollars for their heinous crimes against you!

rofl.

@ OP, you're an idiot. 

• IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    I agree with all of the mocking responses, but on reflection this has to be a joke post. Given the current almost unplayable circumstances, all real players of the game welcome the critical server upgrades no matter when in the GMT +/- timeframe they happen.
  • icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105

OP deserves a permanent ban from FFXIV for this thread.

This is coming from someone who just got home from 12 hours of school and would love to play for a few hours to wind down, but I am glad they are doing what they are doing.  And because of when they are doing it, it makes it more likely that the downtime wont get extended into when i get home from work and school tomorrow.

• istianderistiander Member UncommonPosts: 3
    actually the game provider is UK based and the maintenance downtime was midnight GMT time to 10am and for me that is 10am-8pm aussie time so it sucks all round
  • geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340
    Actually, I do find that a little odd.  5pm/8pm is prime time.  Even noon would be better than that.  Couldn't they find a maintenance window that's square on 5pm-8pm for the Pacific or Atlantic ocean?  (But then, I suppose people in Hawaii or Greenalnd would complain, hmm?)
  • IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by geldonyetich
    Actually, I do find that a little odd.  5pm/8pm is prime time.  Even noon would be better than that.  Couldn't they find a maintenance window that's square on 5pm-8pm for the Pacific or Atlantic ocean?  (But then, I suppose people in Hawaii or Greenalnd would complain, hmm?)

lol, really?

Who cares when they do it?  All we care is that they make the game playable.

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Originally posted by bizzy2010

Are we truly to believe that the servers are really in the USA when the Maintenance is best suited for Japanense players times?

I find it unacceptable that during prime time the servers are down for Maintenance.  I don't give a damn if it's a Japanense game, i paid american dollars to play this game on american severs, not japanese. For both latency etc.. 

Nonetheless this is the most inconvenient time for people who paid american dollars to play a game in America. You can't even mention anything negative on the official forums without the fanboy brigade denouncing it's a JAPANESE GAME.. So where on the box did it say, be aware this is a Japanese game?

Finally a game that don't do server maintenance during European play times where between Asia and Europe the greater population is anyway. All the years of playing MMOs when the maintenance was during day time I don't think I ever seen a complaint about times of maintenance . Or do you Americans think your more important than the rest of the world.?

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Lol god forbid they do it within THEIR time zones work hours and not
  • VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

I expected a long downtime but 10 hours during NA primetime  is pretty funny.  I am amuse.

IMO, this pretty much cements just how SQEN feels about NA/EU.

The timing makes sense given their complete incompetence thus far though.  For them to attempt to bring up their servers and mickey mouse login system with any kind of significant traffic around would probably be instant disaster.

They'll have all day tomorrow to fix problems before the work day winds down and they get serious traffic.  Assuming there are problems.  Which I would expect there to be since SQEN has been fail thus far.  Waiting almost 2 weeks to finally do something is pretty much fail.  And assuming they can be bothered to fix problems without waiting for the perfect time and moon cycle for japan.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Voqar

I expected a long downtime but 10 hours during NA primetime  is pretty funny.  I am amuse.

The timing makes sense given their complete incompetence thus far though.  For them to attempt to bring up their servers and mickey mouse login system with any kind of significant traffic around would probably be instant disaster.

They'll have all day tomorrow to fix problems before the work day winds down and they get serious traffic.  Assuming there are problems.  Which I would expect there to be since SQEN has been fail thus far.  Waiting almost 2 weeks to finally do something is pretty much fail.  And assuming they can be bothered to fix problems without waiting for the perfect time and moon cycle for japan.

2 weeks ? early axcess they added servrs so it sonly been 1 week. and they  had the new hardware last week but they had to install it and test it. and considering this is there normal work hours. so please stop being so entitled

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

I'd give up 3 days of playtime if it meant that when the servers came back up I could actually PLAY instead of hitting the 0 key over and over for 4 hours trying to get in the game.

Simmer down bandicoot.

OH, and you get a weeks worth of free playtime for your bitching... OH AND you probably already got the game for free.

How about be grateful for the game being so great that you get to cry yourself to sleep tonight because you couldn't log in? Good problem to have.

No bitchers.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

This post would suggest you could play during primetime in the first place. The only ones that where are the ones who never logged out in the first place. Also, I paid American money and this mait. is much much better for me.

All that aside it didn't matter when they made the times. People like the OP would still bitch and moan about it. People like this ALWAYS complain about downtime. It doesn't matter if it effects them or not. Every MMO since the very beginning has pissed someone off with the times they take down the servers and it will never change.

• mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283

OPs A bundle of sticks

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I'm sorry but I'm really, REALLY hoping that you, the OP and all those supporting his stance let your allotted 30 +7 days run it's course, come here, write a bad review about how you hated it and never step in Eorzea again. Because I find your collective attitudes...in the words of Lemon Grab

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• lkell52lkell52 Member UncommonPosts: 2

I would just like to say that the maintenance timing couldn't be any better for me, simply because it's expecting to be back on straight after dinner (being Aussie and all that).

I am usually busy before then, so I am a happy duckling.

OP, I'm sorry to inform you that the world doesn't revolve around you, or America for that matter. But be grateful that maintenance is in progress.

>> You cannot have your cake and eat it too. <<

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

Im sorry but Im going to have to nitpick here. The downtime is nearly ideal for EU, started during the night and will end around noon.

So by your logics.. they love the EU region?

• LaiynaLaiyna Member Posts: 3

@OP : FU, US is a minority with to much attitude in world politics.

@others : glad they fix it, long maintenance but worth the hassle, hope they allow character creation again, got a game now, but can not play it :)

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

OP, this might be a culture shock to you, but there are these "minor" areas around the globe, that are not actually part of USA.

To everybody else:  HOORAY!!!

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

These angry children who are clueless of anything outside the US are so entertaining. So much ridiculous self entitlement for no reason whatsoever. Gee, I wonder why half the world hates us.

This maintenance is also eating into a big chunk of JP prime time too (it wont be ending until at least 7 PM JP time, and that's IF it is done in time and they don't run into delays). If it was their goal to be unfair to the US and treat JP special, it would have started a few hours earlier and not impacted JP prime time at all.

Oh and BTW, the servers ARENT in the USA. They're in Canada. Oh damn. We should go to war with Canada, they're destroying our lives! RAAAAAAAAAWR NERDRAAAAAGE!

Technically you (well, most likely your parents) paid American dollars to play a Japanese made game via a server in Canada. You're in America, nothing about the game is.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

It IS a japanese game. That and what about austrialia that ALWAYS gets the shaft when it comes to gaming, often having maintenance during their prime time hours? EH?

The maintenance itself isn't just server updates, but also patching up things as well, so its a bit more complicated then just 'fiddling with the servers'. 

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

These angry children who are clueless of anything outside the US are so entertaining. So much ridiculous self entitlement for no reason whatsoever. Gee, I wonder why half the world hates us.

This maintenance is also eating into a big chunk of JP prime time too (it wont be ending until at least 7 PM JP time, and that's IF it is done in time and they don't run into delays). If it was their goal to be unfair to the US and treat JP special, it would have started a few hours earlier and not impacted JP prime time at all.

Oh and BTW, the servers ARENT in the USA. They're in Canada. Oh damn. We should go to war with Canada, they're destroying our lives! RAAAAAAAAAWR NERDRAAAAAGE!

Technically you (well, most likely your parents) paid American dollars to play a Japanese made game via a server in Canada. You're in America, nothing about the game is.

Darn you! You should come with a warning. Your post is dead on but you made  me laugh.. while I was drinking.

Servers where down since ~02:00 (am) and should come up around 12:00 noon for EU, down time really does seem to facilitate EU players mostly, not that it matters much to me since I play on US servers anyway and Im perfectly fine with getting down time.

Especially in this case. 1017 or maintainance, what's the difference?

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Can't we just lock this thread?

The OP is a troll or a self centered, self entitled arse.

Let this thread die.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    UNAKCEPTIBLE