Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Well, I beat Final Fantasy XIV

1235

Comments

  • SijjvraViszSijjvraVisz Boulder, COPosts: 8Member
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by SijjvraVisz
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by SijjvraVisz
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by rutaq
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Soki123
    I can t resist with the "who cares" comment.

     That's quite interesting of you to say that. However, everyone cared enough to reply so apparently you all care quite a lot ;) It might be "hate" but I'll take the tough love from the people who are obviously envying my completion of the game ; ).

    I think most folks are surprised because they haven't seen how easy it is level with Fates and are chasing around non story quests thinking that is how to level.

     

    Congrats on joining the 50 club, now you can join the hundreds of other players and take run through Bahamut.

     

     

    I doubt there is much envy,  I think the "Hate" is the reaction people have to your post which comes off a bit needy, trollish and attention starved  :P

     As much as I like to poke fun at the people who couldn't play at all during launch you give me too much credit for being a "troll". Yeah, I beat the game, now it's time for me to finish the bonus content *slides on sunglasses*. It'll only be a matter of time until I complete the game (yes people there's a major difference between completion and beating; and I've only beaten the game and now I have to 100% complete it). So I'm off to run additional instances.

     

    Except, you know - as someone pointed out - you haven't beaten the game. You "beat" the main story quest.

     

    THIS - is endgame as it stands right now. And you haven't beaten it, because no one has.

     

    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/69930-Binding-Coil-of-Bahamut-Discussion

     

     

     I beat the game I didn't complete the game. All the hard modes and what not is additional content that I'll be experiencing quite soon.

     

    Sorry, not buying that flimsy excuse. Beating the game means you've done the most difficult content. It also means you've gotten every class, including crafting classes, to 50.

    You have not beaten the game, you finished the main storyline, and that's about it.

     Lets break this down so I can secure my "flimsy" excuse. Take Final Fantasy VII for example. I believe we've all played that right? Now, lets say you go through the entire game and defeat the final boss which is Safer-Sephiroth. After you defeat him you beat the game. However, that doesn't mean you've completed the game. There's still significantly more content to do throughout the world of FFVII and only until you complete it all you haven't completed the game.

     

    That's not beating the game. Beating the game is finishing the game in its entirety as in you've "beaten" all the content.

    All you did was finish the main story on one class.

    Bravo you, you and a thousand others so far.

    Playing - EQ2 - Waiting for - FFXIV 2.0 !!

  • Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Fredericksburg, VAPosts: 2,920Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

    OP is an internet meme waiting to happen.

    I'm having way too much fun with this.

    photo bcaed0c1-8199-443f-88bf-311b82b1f252_zpsd7af3b02.jpg

    image

    Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • botrytisbotrytis In Flux, MIPosts: 2,567Member
    Man -  people are gullible and the OP is just jerking people around.

    image

    "In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
    by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

  • Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Fredericksburg, VAPosts: 2,920Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by SijjvraVisz
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by SijjvraVisz
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by SijjvraVisz
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by rutaq
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Soki123
    I can t resist with the "who cares" comment.

     That's quite interesting of you to say that. However, everyone cared enough to reply so apparently you all care quite a lot ;) It might be "hate" but I'll take the tough love from the people who are obviously envying my completion of the game ; ).

    I think most folks are surprised because they haven't seen how easy it is level with Fates and are chasing around non story quests thinking that is how to level.

     

    Congrats on joining the 50 club, now you can join the hundreds of other players and take run through Bahamut.

     

     

    I doubt there is much envy,  I think the "Hate" is the reaction people have to your post which comes off a bit needy, trollish and attention starved  :P

     As much as I like to poke fun at the people who couldn't play at all during launch you give me too much credit for being a "troll". Yeah, I beat the game, now it's time for me to finish the bonus content *slides on sunglasses*. It'll only be a matter of time until I complete the game (yes people there's a major difference between completion and beating; and I've only beaten the game and now I have to 100% complete it). So I'm off to run additional instances.

     

    Except, you know - as someone pointed out - you haven't beaten the game. You "beat" the main story quest.

     

    THIS - is endgame as it stands right now. And you haven't beaten it, because no one has.

     

    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/69930-Binding-Coil-of-Bahamut-Discussion

     

     

     I beat the game I didn't complete the game. All the hard modes and what not is additional content that I'll be experiencing quite soon.

     

    Sorry, not buying that flimsy excuse. Beating the game means you've done the most difficult content. It also means you've gotten every class, including crafting classes, to 50.

    You have not beaten the game, you finished the main storyline, and that's about it.

     Lets break this down so I can secure my "flimsy" excuse. Take Final Fantasy VII for example. I believe we've all played that right? Now, lets say you go through the entire game and defeat the final boss which is Safer-Sephiroth. After you defeat him you beat the game. However, that doesn't mean you've completed the game. There's still significantly more content to do throughout the world of FFVII and only until you complete it all you haven't completed the game.

     

    That's not beating the game. Beating the game is finishing the game in its entirety as in you've "beaten" all the content.

    All you did was finish the main story on one class.

    Bravo you, you and a thousand others so far.

    Sorry, you're thinking of a completionist which I'm not usually one of those people. I've merely just beat the game.

    image

    Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Fredericksburg, VAPosts: 2,920Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Man - just flag the OP as flame bait....

    Shhh - - - The Moderators are always lurking to ban me.

    image

    Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Algo Star SystemPosts: 651Member Uncommon

    I was thinking something more like this:

     

  • cnutempcnutemp Fairfax, VAPosts: 229Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by mbd1968
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Metza
    damn bro, go outside for a bit.

    :) I'm quite active if that's what you're getting at. I go to the gym, I'm a full-time student studying for my CCNA, and have a part time job. What's your excuse for not having time to play the game?

    ???  I did my CCNA course in a week of 12 hour days. Why is it taking you so long that you need to be a full time student to do it?

    Id say the only thing worse than your networking skills are probably your reading comprehension skills.

  • AbrrahamAbrraham KopenhagenPosts: 149Member
  • Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Fredericksburg, VAPosts: 2,920Member Uncommon
    lol I love em'.

    image

    Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
     I "beat" the game damnit the story-line was an epic ending of awesomeness.

    Oh haha you "beat" the storyline? Way to read, bro! ;)

  • EpicentEpicent Pierre Part, LAPosts: 647Member
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Metza
    damn bro, go outside for a bit.

    :) I'm quite active if that's what you're getting at. I go to the gym, I'm a full-time student studying for my CCNA, and have a part time job. What's your excuse for not having time to play the game?

    1017

  • FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon

    image

  • EpicentEpicent Pierre Part, LAPosts: 647Member
    lmmfao. best thread ever. watch this meme become super popular.
  • Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Fredericksburg, VAPosts: 2,920Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Epicent
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Metza
    damn bro, go outside for a bit.

    :) I'm quite active if that's what you're getting at. I go to the gym, I'm a full-time student studying for my CCNA, and have a part time job. What's your excuse for not having time to play the game?

    1017

     Tell you the truth I rarely had issues connecting to the game. I had quite a few people within my guild who had some major issues from the 1017, 90000, and 10102. However, the 1017 is an intentional error to limit players from connecting to the servers so that SE can properly record the amount of players trying to connect to the servers. Soon it'll all be over and the servers will be upgraded.

     So many people don't actually read into the issues as to what happened on early access. Lets just say you simply can't predict how many people register for any online game and FFXIV is no difference. 

    image

    Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Fredericksburg, VAPosts: 2,920Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Foomerang

    image

    Sexy, keep them coming :)

    image

    Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Foomerang image
    Sexy, keep them coming :)

    /bow
  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Lancaster, UKPosts: 2,141Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by cnutemp
    Originally posted by mbd1968
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Metza
    damn bro, go outside for a bit.

    :) I'm quite active if that's what you're getting at. I go to the gym, I'm a full-time student studying for my CCNA, and have a part time job. What's your excuse for not having time to play the game?

    ???  I did my CCNA course in a week of 12 hour days. Why is it taking you so long that you need to be a full time student to do it?

    Id say the only thing worse than your networking skills are probably your reading comprehension skills.

    As my reading comprehension is so bad you may have to explain your statement.

  • sonicbrewsonicbrew Sparkill, NYPosts: 511Member
    Episode 2 will be released soon titled "well, I beat Final Fantasy XIV and now I am going to complain about content version 1". Following that up with episode 2.1 titled " Sheer awesomeness in MEVille".

    “Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb

  • Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Fredericksburg, VAPosts: 2,920Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sonicbrew
    Episode 2 will be released soon titled "well, I beat Final Fantasy XIV and now I am going to complain about content version 1". Following that up with episode 2.1 titled " Sheer awesomeness in MEVille".

    Oh, be ready for a 2.1 thread. ; )

    image

    Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • CoatedCoated Woodside, CAPosts: 339Member Uncommon

    Why do I get the feeling this guy applies the same philosophy to his sexual activity.

    Mtibbs: "Done! 15seconds! I'm awesome!"

    Girl - :: Looks frustrated ::

     

    Ok, I'm probably making a huge assumption this guy even gets any at all.

  • Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Fredericksburg, VAPosts: 2,920Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Coated

    Why do I get the feeling this guy applies the same philosophy to his sexual activity.

    Mtibbs: "Done! 15seconds! I'm awesome!"

    Girl - :: Looks frustrated ::

     

    Ok, I'm probably making a huge assumption this guy even gets any at all.

    lol, That is all.

    image

    Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • LeirosLeiros Nashville, TNPosts: 238Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Rusque

    Same stuff, different MMO.

    1-3 months as usual before the tsunami of complaints rolls in. Once the masses get to the point of the OP, then the irrational whining begins because they've been idle for all of 30 seconds.

    And of course, we can't forget the perennial favorite replies like, "Have you done, X and Y and Z? Thought not, so you're not done!"

     

    Then after all the crying has ceased the hype starts again on the next "breath of fresh air" (can we retire that phrase please?).

    I swear the MMO community, collectively, has the shortest memory span out of any group ever.

     

    The last 9 years of the MMO life cycle:

     

    Hype: "Have you guys heard about ____? It'll be like a virtual world and amazing and free pizza and puppies!"

    Closed beta: "It's going to change everything, I can't say anymore because of NDA, but just trust me, I'm going to be playing this game forever."

    Hype: "ZOMG, people are saying it's like winning 10 lotteries at a time while supermodels rub you with baby oil!"

    Open beta: "So I guess they did the best they could, but it's still good, reminds me of old school MMO's a little. But it's a breath of fresh air. I pre-ordred super deluxe collectors edition and rubbed the receipt on my genitalia."

    Launch: "I can't stop playing, it's so awesome you guys. Makes WoW look like poop! Yeah we hate WoW, WoW is teh suxors."

    1-3 weeks post launch: "Hit level cap, working on alts, I'm superfly.  I dunno why you hatin' I am CEO of a hedge fund, raise octuplets, hang glide from the Eiffel Tower everyday, rebuild old cars (did 3 of them last week), have 8 GF's, AND I still had time to play 12 hours a day . . . what's your problem?"

    1-3 months post launch: "Soooo, what is there to do in this game?"

    Post MMO honeymoon: "Stupid developers, making lame WoW clones, that's why this game is failing, cause it's just a boring WoW clone, can't believe WoW ruined the MMO industry."

    Done and forgotten: " Thread - How do you feel about Sandbox OW FFA PvP?"

    Free to play re-release of game: "Oh man, I can't believe people didn't like this game, it's so well done - it's like a breath of fresh air. Reminds me of Vanilla WoW." 

    WoW expansion launches: "Blizz press release - We're back at 10 million players."

     

     

     

    image Best post I've read in a long time. Well said Sir... image

    image
  • SeneriusSenerius Klamath Falls, ORPosts: 73Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by faxnadu
    Originally posted by raas1337
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Yep, That's right, I've done every dungeon, raid, fate, hest, and trial and finished the story. The end is amazing and I love the last boss fights on the final storyline raid. Now I can move onto leveling one of the many other classes.

    Sooo you killed Ifrit Hard/Garuda Hard/Titan Hard and cleared Binding Coil of Bahamuth+ you have relic? If no then go back because you havent finished game.

    well hard modes are just different modes dont mean he did not beat the game anyways.

    Actually hard modes are remapped with different mechanics but hey what ever.

    We all can only be who we are Nothing more nothing less.

  • RandaynRandayn Sellersville, PAPosts: 883Member Uncommon

    MTibbs....man I feel for you....I seen you on a million other posts for several games...you're a "regular"....don't know why all the ill will is targeting you man.

    like I said before gratz on reaching endgame...have fun with the Hardmodes and Bahamut!

    image
  • OtashiOtashi NantesPosts: 76Member
    Originally posted by cnutemp
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Metza
    damn bro, go outside for a bit.

    :) I'm quite active if that's what you're getting at. I go to the gym, I'm a full-time student studying for my CCNA, and have a part time job. What's your excuse for not having time to play the game?

    CCNA is considered study in your country? in my country around 90% of those who complete high school takes CCNA course as an off time activity. 

    Mtibbs1989, good luck with your studying.

    Unfortunately, you will be dealing with a lot of people like jesteralways. Which is why the IT industry can be a very annoying place to work, you will have people who don't know that much always trying to one up your accomplishments or proclaim how much they know.

    OP is 5 days late on "beating the game"... The real challenge starts at HM/Coil though... He has merely started the game to be.

This discussion has been closed.