Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unacceptable : Maintenance at 8PM/5PM AT NIGHT

Comments

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Originally posted by psiic
    What really enrages me is the people that are still defending this. I just can not get my head around what the world is becoming. When did it become acceptable to make and sale crap and for the consumer to keep demanding more of the same? I grew up in a time when we took pride in what we made and worked damn hard to make sure it was the best it could be BEFORE we sold it.   God forbid we actually let a flawed or broken product get to the consumer, then we would do full recalls with full refunds and when the issue was fixed you would get your product back for huge discounts sometimes even free.  We cared about our reputation, we cared about our market share, we cared about word of mouth, we cared about future sales. Now it's like nobody seems to care at all.. not the people making or selling crap products, not the consumer buying and defending crap products, not the consumer rights advocates suppose to protect us against crap products..  WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!!! You know I went in to a McDonald's the other day to grab a soda.. it was flat and I was like hey sorry to bother ya but the soda came out flat think a tank is empty.  The girl is like fuck you throw it away if you don't want it, then she turns her back on me and goes back to texting. I was like huh? I need to speak to the manager please.. she ignores me goes on texting.  I yelled back to the guy flipping burgers I needed the manager. Almost 30 minutes later then manager comes out and is like " yea what?"  I'm like I got a flat soda and would like a new one. The girl is like I said throw it away if you didnt want it. I was like no you said, " Fuck you throw it away if you don't want it. " The manager is like hey don't use that language in front of these kids or I will call the police. At that point I was like screw this and I walked out with the manager laughing with the girl.Because of this I will NEVER spend another dollar in McDonalds ever again, but the sad part is they don't care. I honestly don't even think the McDonalds CEO cares, even if the company loses all its customers and goes bankrupt, he will still get his 50 million dollar bonus and golden parachute.It is absolutely fucking stupid this path of destruction we are racing down. Someone a little more enraged than me could have pulled out a gun and started killing people in that McDonalds and everyone would act all shocked and be like its so tragic and senseless we do not understand what would make people do something like that...Are you kidding me? You don't understand? 

I highly doubt your episode played out anything like what you portrayed. Simply by your attitude and sense of entitlement, Id guess you started off bitching at the young lady behind the counter. When that didn't get your rocks off you asked for a manager. You probably tried to tell him how important you were and how dare he serve a bad product.

Newsflash!!!! Co2 runs out. You tell the young lady. Pardon me, but could you ask someone to change out the tanks, you fountain drinks have no carbonation. I know being polite is probably not in your wheel house. You should learn that being polite goes a lot farther than being a bully.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    It'll be completely acceptable if  we can log in and out trouble free.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • DecimanDeciman Member Posts: 101
    I vote the OP post and apologize for his thread.  Has he no shame!
  • EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

It is entirely acceptable, if it fixes the many issues the vast majority of players are seeing and lets them all finally play the game.

Get off yonder high horse, mon frer.

O SNAP BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +1 yo

• Juice2000Juice2000 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    This maintenance really suits European players actually, 12 - 10 is perfect. It about time we were put at the front of the que.  ;)
  • ChocobroChocobro Member Posts: 64

As an american, I ain't even mad. Also I hope square continues to do maintance around this time just to piss off OP more, and other entitled piece of crap 'mericans.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Krimzin

Originally posted by bizzy2010
    Are we truly to believe that the servers are really in the USA when the Maintenance is best suited for Japanense players times?

I find it unacceptable that during prime time the servers are down for Maintenance.  I don't give a damn if it's a Japanense game, i paid american dollars to play this game on american severs, not japanese. For both latency etc.. 

Nonetheless this is the most inconvenient time for people who paid american dollars to play a game in America. You can't even mention anything negative on the official forums without the fanboy brigade denouncing it's a JAPANESE GAME.. So where on the box did it say, be aware this is a Japanese game?

This post is exactly why the MMO genre is going to shit. Players who feel such a sense of entitlement that everyone should cater to them. Get over yourself. This is a Japanese developer who keeps JP Hours. If you don't like it, then play a different game. I for one, am just glad things are getting fixed.

Bingo, a great game with a great developer team backing it. Sure it took almost 2 weeks to fix but that's a hell of a lot faster than many other mmo launches, Age of Conan anyone?

Actually I don't remember AoC having many technical difficulties with it's network during it's launch...now missing game elements,broken game mechanics and instancing issues I agree.

It has been a bad launch and people should expect better from companies,that's not entitlement that;'s just wanting the service you paid for.

However as I said above this thread's particular complaint I can't support unless it's an ongoing thing and it inconveniences the majority of their customer base.

• DecimanDeciman Member Posts: 101
    Originally posted by Krimzin

What really enrages me is the people that are still defending this.

I just can not get my head around what the world is becoming.

When did it become acceptable to make and sale crap and for the consumer to keep demanding more of the same?

I grew up in a time when we took pride in what we made and worked damn hard to make sure it was the best it could be BEFORE we sold it.  

God forbid we actually let a flawed or broken product get to the consumer, then we would do full recalls with full refunds and when the issue was fixed you would get your product back for huge discounts sometimes even free. 

We cared about our reputation, we cared about our market share, we cared about word of mouth, we cared about future sales.

Now it's like nobody seems to care at all.. not the people making or selling crap products, not the consumer buying and defending crap products, not the consumer rights advocates suppose to protect us against crap products.. 

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!!!

You know I went in to a McDonald's the other day to grab a soda.. it was flat and I was like hey sorry to bother ya but the soda came out flat think a tank is empty.  The girl is like fuck you throw it away if you don't want it, then she turns her back on me and goes back to texting. I was like huh? I need to speak to the manager please.. she ignores me goes on texting.  I yelled back to the guy flipping burgers I needed the manager. Almost 30 minutes later then manager comes out and is like " yea what?"  I'm like I got a flat soda and would like a new one. The girl is like I said throw it away if you didnt want it. I was like no you said, " Fuck you throw it away if you don't want it. " The manager is like hey don't use that language in front of these kids or I will call the police. At that point I was like screw this and I walked out with the manager laughing with the girl.

Because of this I will NEVER spend another dollar in McDonalds ever again, but the sad part is they don't care. I honestly don't even think the McDonalds CEO cares, even if the company loses all its customers and goes bankrupt, he will still get his 50 million dollar bonus and golden parachute.

It is absolutely fucking stupid this path of destruction we are racing down. 

Someone a little more enraged than me could have pulled out a gun and started killing people in that McDonalds and everyone would act all shocked and be like its so tragic and senseless we do not understand what would make people do something like that...

Are you kidding me? You don't understand? 

I highly doubt your episode played out anything like what you portrayed. Simply by your attitude and sense of entitlement, Id guess you started off bitching at the young lady behind the counter. When that didn't get your rocks off you asked for a manager. You probably tried to tell him how important you were and how dare he serve a bad product.

Newsflash!!!! Co2 runs out. You tell the young lady. Pardon me, but could you ask someone to change out the tanks, you fountain drinks have no carbonation. I know being polite is probably not in your wheel house. You should learn that being polite goes a lot farther than being a bully.

Agreed people like this make me sick.

I really have no sympathy for the entitlement generation. 

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Are we truly to believe that the servers are really in the USA when the Maintenance is best suited for Japanense players times?

I find it unacceptable that during prime time the servers are down for Maintenance.  I don't give a damn if it's a Japanense game, i paid american dollars to play this game on american severs, not japanese. For both latency etc.. 

Nonetheless this is the most inconvenient time for people who paid american dollars to play a game in America. You can't even mention anything negative on the official forums without the fanboy brigade denouncing it's a JAPANESE GAME.. So where on the box did it say, be aware this is a Japanese game?

Same problem with EU. But this is problem with any game I know and have servers across the globe. However they should somehow adapt and have updates at different hours depending on continent.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by Tenkousei
    Posts like the OP's are why so many dislike the Americans. Pure arrogance. But pride comes before the fall.

And generalizations and stereotypes are obviously not uncommon outside of the US either I see. Don't lump all of us in with the spoiled, whiny crowd. I have seen a lot of similar posts from people from all over the world too. ;-P

Being a whiner not the strict province of any one nation, I think there are a load of them everywhere.

And to the OP, relax and go do something else. Almost every launch of an MMO has problems like this. Wear it like a badge of honor in a year, and talk about it like you survived Omaha Beach. It gives you a nice comparison to use during the next flawed, terrible MMO launch. =)

Sometimes they need to fix things immediately, not in the near term. I imagine if they took the server down during peak time, they had a damn good reason for it, other than to be unacceptable to you.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It sounds like the OP is too used to being duped by all the BS maintenance or i mean FAKE maintenance that devs like to do.When Square does it,it really is to fix problems or potential hazards to the entire server status.

Square does not fake it or hide some other hidden agenda,once this server issue is fixed,you will see VERY little down time,like not even once a month,maybe once every 3 months,so like i said they have good reasons for doing so.

It does not matter where the servers are,the guys in charge are from JPN and of course they are going to want to monitor the ongoing problems when they are awake lol.

What really bothers me are so many are acting like depressed gamer's needing a gaming fix.There is more to life than gaming,if the removed all games form this planet,i wonder how some would cope.Even if they shut down servers for 3 weeks,you still have another 49 weeks a year to play.

We already know the server situation is botched badly,be patient ,they said Wednesday was a probable fix day ,that does not mean it is a guarantee,nothing is guaranteed in life.They also said free time until situation is fixed,so your not losing any money as some seem to think.I bought a tub of  Ben n Jerry's ice cream,that doesn't mean i HAVE to eat it all right now just because i paid for it lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Sith2112Sith2112 Member UncommonPosts: 43

I find your lack of intelligent thinking disturbing.

Sorry folks.. Couldn't resist the opportunity.. hehe

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

What really enrages me is the people that are still defending this.

I just can not get my head around what the world is becoming.

When did it become acceptable to make and sale crap and for the consumer to keep demanding more of the same?

I grew up in a time when we took pride in what we made and worked damn hard to make sure it was the best it could be BEFORE we sold it.  

God forbid we actually let a flawed or broken product get to the consumer, then we would do full recalls with full refunds and when the issue was fixed you would get your product back for huge discounts sometimes even free. 

We cared about our reputation, we cared about our market share, we cared about word of mouth, we cared about future sales.

Now it's like nobody seems to care at all.. not the people making or selling crap products, not the consumer buying and defending crap products, not the consumer rights advocates suppose to protect us against crap products.. 

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!!!

You know I went in to a McDonald's the other day to grab a soda.. it was flat and I was like hey sorry to bother ya but the soda came out flat think a tank is empty.  The girl is like fuck you throw it away if you don't want it, then she turns her back on me and goes back to texting. I was like huh? I need to speak to the manager please.. she ignores me goes on texting.  I yelled back to the guy flipping burgers I needed the manager. Almost 30 minutes later then manager comes out and is like " yea what?"  I'm like I got a flat soda and would like a new one. The girl is like I said throw it away if you didnt want it. I was like no you said, " Fuck you throw it away if you don't want it. " The manager is like hey don't use that language in front of these kids or I will call the police. At that point I was like screw this and I walked out with the manager laughing with the girl.

Because of this I will NEVER spend another dollar in McDonalds ever again, but the sad part is they don't care. I honestly don't even think the McDonalds CEO cares, even if the company loses all its customers and goes bankrupt, he will still get his 50 million dollar bonus and golden parachute.

It is absolutely fucking stupid this path of destruction we are racing down. 

Someone a little more enraged than me could have pulled out a gun and started killing people in that McDonalds and everyone would act all shocked and be like its so tragic and senseless we do not understand what would make people do something like that...

Are you kidding me? You don't understand? 

haha just kidding.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Sith2112

I find your lack of intelligent thinking disturbing.

Sorry folks.. Couldn't resist the opportunity.. hehe

whoops

• xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155

Its September 3, 2013.

At this point its absurd that they even have the game up in and running.

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Fairly certain OP is a troll.
  • thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Deciman
    you should sue them for like, eleventy billion dollars for their heinous crimes against you!

Hahaha, +1

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281

It's 5 o'clock somewhere bro. Sit back, grab a brew and wait it out like the rest of us.

That is all. image

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

Sorry I cannot hear that word without this popping into  my head.. Just like you just can't say "who ya gonna call??"  anymore

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

I believe it is a 10 hour long maintenance so it will be finished at around 5-6am EST. I think that is good enough. It is only one night.... jeez.

Instead of complaining that you wont be able to play one night due to a long maintenance, be thankful they are addressing all (or most) of the server issues with that maintenance. Hopefully when servers are back on tomorrow most of those log in issues are gone and i can create my new character on Leviathan.

EDIT: if this maintenance fails to address anything then yes, i am with you on here.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Perfect timing, 3am ~ 1pm for me, been playing all day since 2pm (finally got to make a character) all the way until the shutdown (even crashed once at 4pm and got back in after a few retries)

btw OP it's ~10hrs, so you only lose a couple hours of TUESDAY 'primetime', i'd be more upset if it was weekend and they held the maintenance then.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Actually they went down at a good time for Europe (midnight GMT) maybe its a European game.

Get a grip, the login and lobby servers are global across 3 continents and with about 12 time zones inside that, some one was going to be pissed.  This time its the American players, your american dollars are worth no more than any other currency in terms of value per sub..

You obviously never played Final Fantasy XI, with its 36 and 48 hour maintenances for content updates.  Relax, learn a bit of patience after this the login problems will be reduced and that is better for everyone than a half day of errors logging in.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

I cant deny this isnt amusing to me. Welcome to the rest of the world. We are used to getting down time in OUR prime times.

Edit : not to mention, maintainance or not getting on because the servers are full, what's the difference anyway. If you can tell the difference I have even less sympathy for you, the you where part of the problem, why the servers where full  24/7

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    oh boo hoo mr OP welcome to my world, servers are usually always down in my prime time but guess what...i have a life so i step away from my pc at tha time and play with girlfriends titties :) nah but on a serious note they are doing mor ethan just maintenance and it happens to ppl all around the world, what about all thos games based out of the states and the times they go down for maint and the rest of the world suffers cause it is in there prime time, just have to suck it up and wait it out.
    Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    How is this topic still going? OP has a bad attitude and any who agree with him have a very narrow view of the world. This game is global? What part of the world should get the shaft more? It is what it is and if this bugs you so much buy an Americam based game.