Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No PvP? No thank you.

Let me start by saying, this is a great game. I've played the beta. I enjoyed to so much that I almost bought it.

The gameplay is perfect. The exact kind of mmo I , and most , were waiting for.

My only issue : There is no PVP!!!!. Like wtf?

I love PvE as much as the next, but lets face it. I want to test my abilities against my friends and people I don't know. I want something to do besides PvE content. 

I really love this game but PvE alone won't keep their play base high. They need to add PvP content asap. Maybe I will give this game another look if they do, until then. I will wait on EQN.

Comments

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Final Fantasy has never been about PVP, its a PVE game. They're planning on adding PVP, but i doubt that they'll update it often. Not every game is for everyone.
  • RhomulessRhomuless Member Posts: 4

"Naoki Yoshida, the game producer and the director working on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, says that his team inside Square Enix has solid plans for the Player versus Player side of the MMO and that he will take to the battlefield himself in order to engage players."

Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Suffers-Delays-Has-Strong-PvP-306463.shtml

Seems legit. /shrug

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

I bet you play every single MMORPG that comes out between now and EQN.

To me EQN looks terrible and I have played EQ2 for 8 years,so I am not against SOE. I generally like their games but I feel they have totally sold out to the casual masses,good business sense maybe but it still feels like raping the people that stayed with them over the years.

And btw,I am sure pvp will be awesome in a game that you can play every class but only use 8 skills......yeah....it will be great........gl with that :)

• DecimanDeciman Member Posts: 101

Themepark pvp is always so boring.

I play a game like this for the pve.  If they toss in some pvp I would probably do it occasionally.

For pvp games, I need full loot or some risk involved to get excited.

• McShwangusMcShwangus Member Posts: 7

I know right. Who would want to play a game that doesn't revolve around ruining someone else's day. How do you show your superiority if you can't jump out of a bush and instagib some poor sap. With the overwhelming amount of pve games out there you think they would try and balance it out a bit.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Originally posted by jayvierl

Let me start by saying, this is a great game. I've played the beta. I enjoyed to so much that I almost bought it.

The gameplay is perfect. The exact kind of mmo I , and most , were waiting for.

My only issue : There is no PVP!!!!. Like wtf?

I love PvE as much as the next, but lets face it. I want to test my abilities against my friends and people I don't know. I want something to do besides PvE content. 

I really love this game but PvE alone won't keep their play base high. They need to add PvP content asap. Maybe I will give this game another look if they do, until then. I will wait on EQN.

FRONTLINE...a 3 faction 24/7 war of conflict is to be introduced after launch.The producer is an avid DAOC player.

• romelloromello Member Posts: 34
    the pvp icon is already ingame...ther adding it soon geez

hallo ~_~

• MalamorMalamor Member CommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by Aori
    Well Yoshida loves DAOC, so hopefully he draws a lot of ideas from it and implements it well.

A crybaby with a bad dye job is going to bring PVP into the new era...I am sure that is going to work out just great.

• AshkentAshkent Member Posts: 772

"No PVP? This game sucks! Not buying it!"

This is what I hear when people whine about no PVP

"Waaahh! I can't grief other players! I can;t kill all the noobs 30 levels below me! Waahhh, how else am I going to make up for my crappy life?"

• TechnohicTechnohic Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by Ashkent

"Waaahh! I can't grief other players! I can;t kill all the noobs 30 levels below me! Waahhh, how else am I going to make up for my crappy life?"

You saying that in satire really does not make you look any better than what you just portrayed.  

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Technohic

You saying that in satire really does not make you look any better than what you just portrayed.  

Good catch, I thought the same exact thing.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Distopia

Except for those of us who agree with him.  I thought his impersonation was spot on.  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• TechnohicTechnohic Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Originally posted by Distopia

Except for those of us who agree with him.  I thought his impersonation was spot on.  :)

Well.  I'm just not sure how it applies here other than some carry over temper tantrum from previous games, as I have not even seen anyone here asking for a scenario that would allow anyone to jump a lower level character in this game.  Just wanting some PvP does not mean wanting free roaming ganks.  Probably are some out there who really do like doing that, but the generalization does not somehow make anyone a better person.  

• ECGangelECGangel Member UncommonPosts: 39
    one less person in the queue.  awesome!
  • TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    PvP.... Meh....  It is coming soon, I wouldn't expect it to revolutionize PvP at all.  It might be good and fun to check out eventually....
  • bizzy2010bizzy2010 Member Posts: 14
    DAOC wasn't all that fleshed out to begin with either. Let's wait and see
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

This is what i hear from peeps who dont know what PvP even is.

First of all ,all those "noobs" 30 levels below you,knows that it might happen and they dont cry like you.

Shit happens in fantasy worlds,even Luke got ganked pretty hard by higher level character and lost his hand,and what did he do? he paid back and thats what people can do in PvP games / fantasy worlds.

+but,like for example WoW where its not possible to pay even back anymore because of xserver technology they made an environment where actions are not controlled by players anymore ,where environment prevents players actions,those are gankers paradises and role-players who want full rules are playing against impossible enemy called E.

++other tools ,lfg whatever bg etc.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

They're going to add PvP but I wish they were not.  I would like to see a PvE only MMORPG and I'm fine with some people just not playing because of it.  I don't think cheeseball instanced PvP minigames or weak open world PvP areas do much of anything good for MMORPGs.  More often the extra balance issues and distractions end up negatively affecting the rest of the game.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• BelzakkBelzakk Member UncommonPosts: 12
    The Wolf's Den(PVP) is comming with 2.1 apparently, I look forward to it also :D
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I have had some of the best pvp matches in an mmo against the login developers in this game.

• c0existc0exist Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Originally posted by PAL-18

First of all ,all those "noobs" 30 levels below you,knows that it might happen and they dont cry like you.

Shit happens in fantasy worlds,even Luke got ganked pretty hard by higher level character and lost his hand,and what did he do? he paid back and thats what people can do in PvP games / fantasy worlds.

+but,like for example WoW where its not possible to pay even back anymore because of xserver technology they made an environment where actions are not controlled by players anymore ,where environment prevents players actions,those are gankers paradises and role-players who want full rules are playing against impossible enemy called E.

MMORPG's are about the player base against the designated evil.  Not players against other players.  Thats what shooters are for and madden.

• MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    In open beta, you had to be level 30 to join in PvP Wolf's den, it was 30,40 and 50 cap for 2 4 man teams. I liked the fact that the opposing side were all named fresh meat.
  • MishakaiMishakai Member Posts: 105
    2.1 patch (November I believe as currently scheduled) adds PvP and housing.
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Wow people, the OP never even said what kind of PVP he was interested in and you tore him apart.  Rabid wolves much?
  • DecimanDeciman Member Posts: 101
    Originally posted by c0exist
    Originally posted by PAL-18

MMORPG's are about the player base against the designated evil.  Not players against other players.  Thats what shooters are for and madden.

Well there are plenty of games that focus on PVP...and typically they do PVP a hell of a lot better than your average themepark mmorpg with instanced CTF/Control Points/Death match.

I don't mind if theres some form of pvp in a pve game...its just when a game tries to make pvp its focus it should actually do so...and when a game like this, whos focus is PVE...it should focus on that.

Im not against pvp in a game like this...I just don't want it to become the focus of the game...

This is what ruined Rift for me.  It too tried to be a hard core pve game (before dumbing down pve endgame) and all that happened is the entire server I was on stood in town and queued for pvp and ignored pve (because pve at the time was actually difficult and they just wanted to dominate people in a risk free environment)

In the end, on my server in rift...there was like one or two raiding guilds and most had trouble filling out a raid.  At the time there was a hard divide between factions too...so on my side there was only one option if you wanted to raid.  Most didn't bother and it was a sad end to a game that had so much raid potential.

Also theres the mentality that make people ignore everything but pvp and use it as a progression mechanic.  This is bad for a game like FFXIV.

So they need to be careful with pvp in this game.  It could potentially ruin pve end game.  Either creating a situation where a player can choose between learning difficult group mechanics for raids vs not learning anything and doing risk free pvp...or by continual balance patches to make pvp fair that end up wrecking pve roles.  One thing that comes to mind is a class that may have a specialty of being a heavy DD class.  In pvp it might be deemed OP so they nerf it.  Now they are not welcomed in endgame pve because their specialty has been nerfed and you can now get that DPS out of a class that brings more to the table...just an example.

In the end you shouldn't be playing this game for pvp...and it should stay that way...even if they do add pvp it shouldn't be the main focus of this game.  Lets keep pve as the main objective here for once.