Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, I beat Final Fantasy XIV

Comments

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677
    Whatever happened to the days of Everquest or Ultima Online when it took months to develop a character....... pretty stupid if you ask me not just this game but any game out thats quick.  I dont care if the person does rush thru it they shouldnt be able to hit max anything that quickly.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Their not maxed.  He just completed a bunch of "stuff" and likely the "story quests".  No way he's a 50/50/50/50/50/50/50 or whatev's and as has been pointed out the Legacy Guilds are just now getting to tier 2... that means quite a bit to go.  We'll see though.  I do agree but people are now accustomed to hearing that glorious ding every 2 hours or else they quit.  Pavlovian.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by The_ember

No.

No you haven't.

Want proof?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/69930-Binding-Coil-of-Bahamut-Discussion

Yoshi-P came out and said these (the guys talking in the thread) are the first guild to reach that far in the final dungeon (post on second page), and they haven't yet cleared it yet. Bearing in mind that they're legacy characters running with some of the best gear from 1.0 then I suspect you're nowhere near.

Non-legacy guilds are only just reaching this content.

+1

Still awaiting world first confirmation from those who had the best gear going into 2.0   The fact that it wasn't done the first couple days boggles my mind, but it seems there are different things they have to endure to be capable of it.

Originally posted by djnexus
    Whatever happened to the days of Everquest or Ultima Online when it took months to develop a character....... pretty stupid if you ask me not just this game but any game out thats quick.  I dont care if the person does rush thru it they shouldnt be able to hit max anything that quickly.

1.0 was like that when it released.  They actually restricted experience gain to a certain amount per week with their "fatigue" status whereby they forced you to play another class or stop right there.

Though as a whole, the only people who are 50 now are ones who have played 18 hours a day or who are from the original game.  No one to date has beat the entire game, and the few that claim to have are either lying or don't understand the systems involved (and how much they missed).

I do expect a world first announcement within the next month or so given the new knowledge revealed about it.  Though the next raid will be unlocked in a little over 2 months as well.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    @OP - Rusque just powned your thread.
    @ Rusque - don't want to put the pressure on you now but when I come to the forums I am just coming to read what you have to say now.
  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Metza
    damn bro, go outside for a bit.

:) I'm quite active if that's what you're getting at. I go to the gym, I'm a full-time student studying for my CCNA, and have a part time job. What's your excuse for not having time to play the game?

???  I did my CCNA course in a week of 12 hour days. Why is it taking you so long that you need to be a full time student to do it?

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

full time student is 15 hours a week lol.

also I believe everything on the internet.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • xSagaixSagai Member CommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by cnutemp
    Originally posted by jesteralways

:) I'm quite active if that's what you're getting at. I go to the gym, I'm a full-time student studying for my CCNA, and have a part time job. What's your excuse for not having time to play the game?

CCNA is considered study in your country? in my country around 90% of those who complete high school takes CCNA course as an off time activity. 

Mtibbs1989, good luck with your studying.

Unfortunately, you will be dealing with a lot of people like jesteralways. Which is why the IT industry can be a very annoying place to work, you will have people who don't know that much always trying to one up your accomplishments or proclaim how much they know.

I'm well aware of the industry I'm studying in. I've spent the majority of my life around computers and I've had plenty of people call me a nerd, "no-lifer", geek, cellar dweller. It doesn't matter I enjoy my hobbies and career choices. So there's nothing one could say to make me think otherwise. People love to hate and I'm not going to stop them from doing so. I just get to have fun with it during the process.

I think you missed the point of his statement. IT professionals in general are always trying to prove how smarter they are then the guy in the cubicle next to them. It's a minefield of 'one-uppers'. I can't think of the last time I was called a geek in a derogatory manner but having to listen to some Sys Admin tell me of how they saved the world happens daily. 

On topic, while I don't understand the need to blaze through content... It's your money, blaze away! Just don't expect post on here how you beat the internet and not expect to get trolled but something tells me you already knew that. ~ Cheers

• SijjvraViszSijjvraVisz Member CommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by faxnadu

yea man everyone have time to be good at game if they are good at , those who say i have family and fulltime job etc are just bad players and mostly those who yell on generals chat , how im doing this how im doing that. half of that time can be just figuring it out yourself and just get on with it. 

You must be all of what, 13 years old? To make such assumptions.

I have a 6 month old daughter who takes two 1-hour naps a day.  I guess if I wanted to leave her in a baby play pen all day long in between those hour long naps, I could probably play as much as I want and, by our definition "be good at the game".

Or I could, you know, not be a crappy parent and play the game in my scant spare time.

Crappy gamer > Crappy parent.

Playing - EQ2 - Waiting for - FFXIV 2.0 !!

Originally posted by rutaq
    Originally posted by Soki123
    I can t resist with the "who cares" comment.

That's quite interesting of you to say that. However, everyone cared enough to reply so apparently you all care quite a lot ;) It might be "hate" but I'll take the tough love from the people who are obviously envying my completion of the game ; ).

I think most folks are surprised because they haven't seen how easy it is level with Fates and are chasing around non story quests thinking that is how to level.

Congrats on joining the 50 club, now you can join the hundreds of other players and take run through Bahamut.

I doubt there is much envy,  I think the "Hate" is the reaction people have to your post which comes off a bit needy, trollish and attention starved  :P

As much as I like to poke fun at the people who couldn't play at all during launch you give me too much credit for being a "troll". Yeah, I beat the game, now it's time for me to finish the bonus content *slides on sunglasses*. It'll only be a matter of time until I complete the game (yes people there's a major difference between completion and beating; and I've only beaten the game and now I have to 100% complete it). So I'm off to run additional instances.

Except, you know - as someone pointed out - you haven't beaten the game. You "beat" the main story quest.

THIS - is endgame as it stands right now. And you haven't beaten it, because no one has.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/69930-Binding-Coil-of-Bahamut-Discussion

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I've played all of maybe 2 hrs since early access.

Excuse? Same as everyone else. 1017

• PuffingtonPuffington Member Posts: 35
    Well that explains your display pic.

Originally posted by SijjvraVisz

That's quite interesting of you to say that. However, everyone cared enough to reply so apparently you all care quite a lot ;) It might be "hate" but I'll take the tough love from the people who are obviously envying my completion of the game ; ).

I think most folks are surprised because they haven't seen how easy it is level with Fates and are chasing around non story quests thinking that is how to level.

Congrats on joining the 50 club, now you can join the hundreds of other players and take run through Bahamut.

I doubt there is much envy,  I think the "Hate" is the reaction people have to your post which comes off a bit needy, trollish and attention starved  :P

As much as I like to poke fun at the people who couldn't play at all during launch you give me too much credit for being a "troll". Yeah, I beat the game, now it's time for me to finish the bonus content *slides on sunglasses*. It'll only be a matter of time until I complete the game (yes people there's a major difference between completion and beating; and I've only beaten the game and now I have to 100% complete it). So I'm off to run additional instances.

Except, you know - as someone pointed out - you haven't beaten the game. You "beat" the main story quest.

THIS - is endgame as it stands right now. And you haven't beaten it, because no one has.

I beat the game I didn't complete the game. All the hard modes and what not is additional content that I'll be experiencing quite soon.

Sorry, not buying that flimsy excuse. Beating the game means you've done the most difficult content. It also means you've gotten every class, including crafting classes, to 50.

You have not beaten the game, you finished the main storyline, and that's about it.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by jesteralways

CCNA is considered study in your country? in my country around 90% of those who complete high school takes CCNA course as an off time activity. 

It certainly wouldn't be a long term course if one is studying "full time".  I've seen people get it anywhere from 30 days on up, but if he's new to IT in general, it may take a lot longer.   Depends on a lot of factors, really.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Nowhere in there did you mention having a woman or a child, so there's the reason you beat FFXIV already. ;)

Joined - July 2004

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

OP is an internet meme waiting to happen.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I beat the game I didn't complete the game. All the hard modes and what not is additional content that I'll be experiencing quite soon.

Sorry, not buying that flimsy excuse. Beating the game means you've done the most difficult content. It also means you've gotten every class, including crafting classes, to 50.

You have not beaten the game, you finished the main storyline, and that's about it.

Lets break this down so I can secure my "flimsy" excuse. Take Final Fantasy VII for example. I believe we've all played that right? Now, lets say you go through the entire game and defeat the final boss which is Safer-Sephiroth. After you defeat him you beat the game. However, that doesn't mean you've completed the game. There's still significantly more content to do throughout the world of FFVII and only until you complete it all you haven't completed the game.

That's not beating the game. Beating the game is finishing the game in its entirety as in you've "beaten" all the content.

All you did was finish the main story on one class.

Bravo you, you and a thousand others so far.

This discussion has been closed.