Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, I beat Final Fantasy XIV

Comments

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    You can get a Cisco Cert online for christ sake. Oh and grats on plowing through the game. /cheer
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by MidniteHowl
    And now I understand why most of us couldn't log in. People like the OP wouldn't log out long enough to give others a chance to play it!

Oh dude, I leave my toon afk when I go to work. Come back and back in action. You should try it too. It's a game mechanic and slowly but surely the " good " guys are starting to do it too =)

• TissmogiTissmogi Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Yep, That's right, I've done every dungeon, raid, fate, hest, and trial and finished the story. The end is amazing and I love the last boss fights on the final storyline raid. Now I can move onto leveling one of the many other classes.

You did not beat the game.

Beat Ifrit, Titan and Garuda on hard too then after that:

1. Get full Darklight + Relic Weapon. Then you have finished part ONE.

2. Get full Vanya Set (with screenshot) and you done with part TWO.

3. For the last part, get a full set of Odin and Bahamut gear.

If you can do that then you can say you beat the game.

See you in 6 months and Good luck!

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Originally posted by moguy2
    Originally posted by MidniteHowl
    And now I understand why most of us couldn't log in. People like the OP wouldn't log out long enough to give others a chance to play it!

Oh dude, I leave my toon afk when I go to work. Come back and back in action. You should try it too. It's a game mechanic and slowly but surely the " good " guys are starting to do it too =)

If there wouldn't be any afk'ers the login problem probably wouldn't even exist anymore. I am not going to teach you on social behaviour but maybe you just try and think about it.

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Well, I give it a month or so and OP will be one of the first to complain about lack of content. I strongly suggest next time playing the game and enjoying the environment instead of running from point a to b not looking at anything. Devs took alot of time to make a beautiful world with characters and environment, and you didnt even look at it. This is insulting to the devs I would think.

• ArcticnoonArcticnoon Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by Tissmogi
    Yep, That's right, I've done every dungeon, raid, fate, hest, and trial and finished the story. The end is amazing and I love the last boss fights on the final storyline raid. Now I can move onto leveling one of the many other classes.

You did not beat the game.

Beat Ifrit, Titan and Garuda on hard too then after that:

1. Get full Darklight + Relic Weapon. Then you have finished part ONE.

2. Get full Vanya Set (with screenshot) and you done with part TWO.

3. For the last part, get a full set of Odin and Bahamut gear.

If you can do that then you can say you beat the game.

See you in 6 months and Good luck!

I agree 100%.

I don't know what the original poster is talking about. I'm one of the few who hasn't had many log in problems while taking two weeks off to play and I'm no where near done. I'm positive this dude hasn't even seen the middle stages of Crystal tower yet. He is just looking for some attention. Next time post some pics of your gear.

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296
    Originally posted by Metza
    damn bro, go outside for a bit.

:) I'm quite active if that's what you're getting at. I go to the gym, I'm a full-time student studying for my CCNA, and have a part time job. What's your excuse for not having time to play the game?

Ah yeah, I'm sure you are, but don't sit there and say to us you've been hitting the gym three or four times this past week, while studying and working and still getting to cap and completing said content. Not possible, sorry. There physically aren't enough hours in the day. Unless, of course by going to the gym you mean walking back and forth from the fridge for your energy drinks and Doritos and by studying you mean browsing ZAM for mob info and by working you mean camping FATE's.

Sorry "bro", but I know a good few dedicated MMO players and they pretty much didn't leave the house since Head Start to complete what you said you've done while juggling all those other activities. So there is no way you are being honest, admit it. 

;)

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Same stuff, different MMO.

1-3 months as usual before the tsunami of complaints rolls in. Once the masses get to the point of the OP, then the irrational whining begins because they've been idle for all of 30 seconds.

And of course, we can't forget the perennial favorite replies like, "Have you done, X and Y and Z? Thought not, so you're not done!"

Then after all the crying has ceased the hype starts again on the next "breath of fresh air" (can we retire that phrase please?).

I swear the MMO community, collectively, has the shortest memory span out of any group ever.

The last 9 years of the MMO life cycle:

Hype: "Have you guys heard about ____? It'll be like a virtual world and amazing and free pizza and puppies!"

Closed beta: "It's going to change everything, I can't say anymore because of NDA, but just trust me, I'm going to be playing this game forever."

Hype: "ZOMG, people are saying it's like winning 10 lotteries at a time while supermodels rub you with baby oil!"

Open beta: "So I guess they did the best they could, but it's still good, reminds me of old school MMO's a little. But it's a breath of fresh air. I pre-ordred super deluxe collectors edition and rubbed the receipt on my genitalia."

Launch: "I can't stop playing, it's so awesome you guys. Makes WoW look like poop! Yeah we hate WoW, WoW is teh suxors."

1-3 weeks post launch: "Hit level cap, working on alts, I'm superfly.  I dunno why you hatin' I am CEO of a hedge fund, raise octuplets, hang glide from the Eiffel Tower everyday, rebuild old cars (did 3 of them last week), have 8 GF's, AND I still had time to play 12 hours a day . . . what's your problem?"

1-3 months post launch: "Soooo, what is there to do in this game?"

Post MMO honeymoon: "Stupid developers, making lame WoW clones, that's why this game is failing, cause it's just a boring WoW clone, can't believe WoW ruined the MMO industry."

Done and forgotten: " Thread - How do you feel about Sandbox OW FFA PvP?"

Free to play re-release of game: "Oh man, I can't believe people didn't like this game, it's so well done - it's like a breath of fresh air. Reminds me of Vanilla WoW." 

WoW expansion launches: "Blizz press release - We're back at 10 million players."

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Killsmallchi
    Well, I give it a month or so and OP will be one of the first to complain about lack of content.

Of course they will, but they're just a canary in the coal mine.

This is how it always starts. Those hitting cap in days get denigrated by the rest, told they should have 'smelled the roses' or that because they haven't done X/Y/Z they haven't 'really' done everything. Then those 'rest' hit cap not all that long after and it's downhill from there.

The OP is a symptom, not a cause. Game worlds are getting smaller and smaller, until entire game worlds at release barely equal a zone in older games. And content? This is only the second MMO release I've seen where most players will literally finish every quest in the game by cap -- the first time. It boggles me that there's anyone who doesn't see this as a potentially serious issue.

Yeah, tell new players to grind fates for fifty levels repeatedly, that'll go well.

FFXIV ARR is a really nice game in a lot of ways, but I fear it isn't going to be long at all before longevity issues rear its ugly head in a serious kinda way.

And blaming "content locust" for the lack of content isn't going to fix or change anything.

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    Wow, first thread ive seen where there is more rl-peen than e-peen.

"I have more of a life than you do!"

Started with e-peen too ... incredible!
  • DiemosDiemos Member Posts: 129
    Lol so true Rusque

[PvX]Tempest - Check us out

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

Ya, well I have three full time jobs, go to school full time, do charity work, have twenty three children and have beaten every class on every game that has ever been made...ever.  Guess that make me the best.  (And) I still found time to waste to write this.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I'm the total opposite...

I keep switching classes and re-leveling things.

22 LNC, 18 CNJ, 8 THM, 8 PUG, 13 MNR

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Rusque knows what's up.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by romello
    som ppl r hardcore & make ten times the progress per hour as the rest of us so ther really is no need to tell em to go outside coz no doubt they already been a few times in between playing the game

Yeah some people jsut have a knack of accomplishing alot in a short amount of time.....I play a couple of MMOs where people claim they can hit max level in less than a day while I can play a year and not make max level.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

gratz man....Im still level 21 GLD/10 MRD and havent touched conjurer yet.  I waste alot of time running around exploring and stuff though.  

And dealing with pug DPS that doesnt following my marks :P

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    I've seen people with magi tech chocobo since last week, that chocobo indicates you've beat the main story line. But this is a mmo has way more things to do then just beat the story line.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• zyklonianzyklonian Member UncommonPosts: 51
    You beats the game and I can't even log in to go figure
  • SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

LOL, I'm still waiting to be able to buy it. Gamers these days are a funny bunch. They fly through the game so fast while playing marathon 12+ hour sessions only to complain about the amount of content or the size of the world. Get a life,... please.

Look at Bioshock, people bought that game for 60+ dollars and it only has a main campaign of about 8 hours.

• The_emberThe_ember Member UncommonPosts: 56

No.

No you haven't.

Want proof?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/69930-Binding-Coil-of-Bahamut-Discussion

Yoshi-P came out and said these (the guys talking in the thread) are the first guild to reach that far in the final dungeon (post on second page), and they haven't yet cleared it yet. Bearing in mind that they're legacy characters running with some of the best gear from 1.0 then I suspect you're nowhere near.

Non-legacy guilds are only just reaching this content.

• theglenn3theglenn3 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by Metza
    damn bro, go outside for a bit.

:) I'm quite active if that's what you're getting at. I go to the gym, I'm a full-time student studying for my CCNA, and have a part time job. What's your excuse for not having time to play the game?

I have 5 full time jobs, I cartwheel while playing and I was scratching myself while typing this reply... HA! beat that

Optimizing PC games for consoles is kinda like outfitting your car for a bike trail.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

• TissmogiTissmogi Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I'm the total opposite...

I keep switching classes and re-leveling things.

22 LNC, 18 CNJ, 8 THM, 8 PUG, 13 MNR

That is the way to play it Spock. Makes it much more interesting especially when you start experimenting with cross class skills. "Maybe i can use this Archer Attack up on my SMN to do more spike damage. . ."

This discussion has been closed.