Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

EVERQUEST NEXT New Gameplay video from PAX 2013

135

Comments

  • ApraxisApraxis RegensburgPosts: 1,515Member Uncommon

    And yeap.. all those bitter EQ vets should stop complaining.. Noone is interested in them, noone will ever cater to them.. there are just very few (like 80k or less as vanguard proofed) even interested in a EQ like game.

    So stop complaining and instead play EQ1 or Vanguard.. whatever fits your best.

  • derekashderekash tucson, AZPosts: 6Member Uncommon
    I think this will be a great idea if its an ability you can spec into like a thief acrobat and not everyone and their mother doing flips as a lvl one
  • ApraxisApraxis RegensburgPosts: 1,515Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by LIOKI
    Tomb Raider

    Yeap.. isn't that great? The character look somewhat like Tomb Raider, the movement is like Tomb Raider. Finally after 17 years we can play in a Tomb Raider like world, we can be Tomb Raider, including the archeologic(Indiana Jones clonish) touch.. we can dig to find the secrets of the past and what not.

    Maybe EQN/Landmark is finally a game worth playing after 10 years of starvation and one boring static mmo after the other.

  • ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,396Member Uncommon
    Parkour is cool, but doing a flip every time you jump over a tiny stone (~5 seconds in) is too much of it. Hopefully, they'll tone it down and make it more like Mirror's Edge or Assassin's Creed.
  • MargulisMargulis Glendale, AZPosts: 1,614Member
    I'm sorry but I couldn't help but bust up laughing at the first acrobatic ridiculous flips the female character was doing all over the place.  Seriously you've got to be kidding - and backward flips as she's full speed ahead going forward huh?  I'm sure this must appeal to some people, but it surely isn't me.
  • AnthurAnthur StolbergPosts: 686Member Uncommon
    I really hope we will get soon some info which increases my interest in EQN again. So far I just care less and less about this game. Don't know why I even post it, maybe because I was really excited for EQN. But it just looks like SOE is developing a game for youngsters. Nothing wrong with that. Just not my cup of tea.
  • EladiEladi ArnhemPosts: 1,100Member Uncommon

    I don't really mind, its a game whit dragons and trolls and flaming swords of  dwarf slapping, Its not like the game itself it anywhere close to realism. 

     

     

     

  • ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,396Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Eladi

    I don't really mind, its a game whit dragons and trolls and flaming swords of  dwarf slapping, Its not like the game itself it anywhere close to realism.

    It's not about realism, but about style. BioShock: Infinite, The Witcher, Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed, Tomb Raider and Dishonored aren't realistic, but they're stylish. EQN isn't realistic, but it doesn't seem to be stylish, either. Right now it looks like a weird mishmash of WoW, Disney, Tomb Raider and wuxia. Lara Croft doing wire acrobatics with a Disney lion guy dressed in WoW armor is more confusing than cool.

  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd. Hell, CAPosts: 806Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    So, let me get this right. You are okay with rogues being able to stealth in broad daylight right in front of people, wizards summoning elemental spells, teleportation, a guy who can transform into a bear, two tons of dragon flying through the air on inadequate wingspans and bikini mail that has the same stats as the guy's full chain... but you can't accept some gymkata parkouring with people turning in mid air?

    And you sir have won the thread.

     

    Also note that the girl had on the boots of gliding that they showed in the reveal video you nubs.

  • ZorgoZorgo Deepintheheartof, TXPosts: 2,226Member
    Originally posted by Mendel

     

    And how is she able to turn left in mid-jump?  Physics doesn't allow changes in vectors in mid-flight without an expenditure of energy.   But she clearly jumps in one direction, moves a distance, rotates in the air and moves off in the new direction before landing.   Facing has no bearing on a vector.

    No shit! It's like she's some fantasy heroine with magical powers or enchanted items or something......

  • HatefullHatefull Posts: 774Member Uncommon

    The demo toon reminded me of Laura Croft...just saying. other than that I believe it is still too early to tell how things will play out. I hope they are as cool as we all want them to be, but only time will tell.

    If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

  • Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Lynchburg, VAPosts: 294Member Uncommon
    We finally have an answer to what a dev's midlife crisis looks like.

    ___________________________
    Have flask; will travel.

  • BacchiraBacchira MalmöPosts: 50Member
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    Parkour is cool, but doing a flip every time you jump over a tiny stone (~5 seconds in) is too much of it. Hopefully, they'll tone it down and make it more like Mirror's Edge or Assassin's Creed.

    My thoughts exactly.

  • BeanpuieBeanpuie Norfolk, VAPosts: 812Member Uncommon

    I like it.

     

    now add some  spike traps, walls of flames,  falling debris via ceiling,  swinging guillotine blades, small segregated water ponds filled with piranhas. then thief, treasure hunters and shadow walkers can really act out the part of being nimble, tumbling adventurers vs. being planted bags of meat with over sized armor and two daggers to show for it.

    pretty plausible start of abilities to use in  puzzle mission/ puzzle jumping missions from the looks of it.

     

  • sakersaker harrisburg, PAPosts: 993Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Xarko
    Reason why parkour is so cool IRL is that only a few people can do it on a top level and it has this "wow" effect for most of people.This video indeed looks cool, but once you'll see 20+ people jumping around the town like that, well .. :)Looking forward to see some awesome parkour parks made in Landmark tho.

    I think you hit on something, 20+ people jumping around like that is going to get old and ridiculous looking quick, and if they have characters like the EQ1, EQ2 Ogres and Trolls doing it well....

  • ZarriyaZarriya Long Island, NYPosts: 288Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by HighMarshal
    I am hoping that with characters being transferable to EQNext, they will have a full range of races or at least allow us to do a full race change and customization as part of the transfer.

    I do too.

  • sakersaker harrisburg, PAPosts: 993Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Scalpless
    Originally posted by Eladi I don't really mind, its a game whit dragons and trolls and flaming swords of  dwarf slapping, Its not like the game itself it anywhere close to realism.
    It's not about realism, but about style. BioShock: Infinite, The Witcher, Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed, Tomb Raider and Dishonored aren't realistic, but they're stylish. EQN isn't realistic, but it doesn't seem to be stylish, either. Right now it looks like a weird mishmash of WoW, Disney, Tomb Raider and wuxia. Lara Croft doing wire acrobatics with a Disney lion guy dressed in WoW armor is more confusing than cool.


    You've summed up my feeling perfectly. It -does- look exactly as you said

    "it looks like a weird mishmash of WoW, Disney, Tomb Raider and wuxia. Lara Croft doing wire acrobatics with a Disney lion guy dressed in WoW armor"

  • KyllienKyllien Renton, WAPosts: 315Member
    Originally posted by saker

     


    Originally posted by Scalpless

    Originally posted by Eladi I don't really mind, its a game whit dragons and trolls and flaming swords of  dwarf slapping, Its not like the game itself it anywhere close to realism.
    It's not about realism, but about style. BioShock: Infinite, The Witcher, Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed, Tomb Raider and Dishonored aren't realistic, but they're stylish. EQN isn't realistic, but it doesn't seem to be stylish, either. Right now it looks like a weird mishmash of WoW, Disney, Tomb Raider and wuxia. Lara Croft doing wire acrobatics with a Disney lion guy dressed in WoW armor is more confusing than cool.

     


    You've summed up my feeling perfectly. It -does- look exactly as you said

    "it looks like a weird mishmash of WoW, Disney, Tomb Raider and wuxia. Lara Croft doing wire acrobatics with a Disney lion guy dressed in WoW armor"

    Come on guys they still have to smooth the character looks and animations.  Why don't we wait an see what it looks like over the next couple of months leading up to Landmarks release.  At least then we will have playable characters that we can create to our liking.  Then if you really don't like it still well look at that you haven't spent any money so just walk away. 

    And for the record The Lion King was a lion; not a Kerran.  He never walked on two legs.  He never wore armor.  Neither Simba or Mufasa look like the Kerran.

    If you don't like the look of the Kerran model they chose then I also have good news for you: You don't have to play a Kerran.  Or even if you do yours doesn't have to look anything like the model  they chose.

  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Vineland, NJPosts: 869Member
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Originally posted by xeniar
    Originally posted by Rydeson
    So everyone is a super hero doing 200 yard jumps with twist, slips and spins.. Nice..  What is the name of the game again.. EQGymnastics?

    cool huh?

    hope you guys like it it's what the masses are asking for....

    With every little bit of info released im staying further and further away from this abomonation wich is not everquest. but (random title Next). I have to say the dwarfs look oke as a Dwarf fan i kinda like em.

    Strikes me as a demand from the console gamer masses.  I was hoping for a serious PC MMO, sigh.

    my sentiment exactly. This is just more proof of the influenced console gamers have on the mmo industry. trying to make mmos into games like tomb raider and devil may cry action based games.

     

    its becoming more and more apparent that my time in the mmo world is coming to an end. its a shame really. Was looking forward to perhaps playing a traditional style MMO that can take advantage of todays technological advancements. kinda makes me somewhat sad.

    image

  • TygranirTygranir Colordo Springs, COPosts: 741Member
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Originally posted by xeniar
    Originally posted by Rydeson
    So everyone is a super hero doing 200 yard jumps with twist, slips and spins.. Nice..  What is the name of the game again.. EQGymnastics?

    cool huh?

    hope you guys like it it's what the masses are asking for....

    With every little bit of info released im staying further and further away from this abomonation wich is not everquest. but (random title Next). I have to say the dwarfs look oke as a Dwarf fan i kinda like em.

    Strikes me as a demand from the console gamer masses.  I was hoping for a serious PC MMO, sigh.

    my sentiment exactly. This is just more proof of the influenced console gamers have on the mmo industry. trying to make mmos into games like tomb raider and devil may cry action based games.

     

    its becoming more and more apparent that my time in the mmo world is coming to an end. its a shame really. Was looking forward to perhaps playing a traditional style MMO that can take advantage of todays technological advancements. kinda makes me somewhat sad.

    I understand your sentiment, but FF14 just relaunched and is an old school MMO with today's technology. This just isn't that game.

    SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

    Leveling assistance items given to new player!

    See all perks Here

  • grifjgrifj Bellevue, WAPosts: 110Member

    LOL at this video.  Seriously, am I playing Tomb Raider or a MMORPG?

    Less and less interested in the art design and direction of this game every day. 

    I'm sure it's quite a few people's cup of tea, though..  just not mine.

  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Vineland, NJPosts: 869Member
    Originally posted by Apraxis
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
     
     
    Originally posted by Kharisha

    My favourite comments here are about "game for kidzzz" or "Game for the massezzzz" or "Tis gem haz nO phYscs"

     

    Well, screw you. I'm 24 and I'm looking forward to this game. I guess I'm a kid and mass audience at the same time and devs should milk me at best and blah blah blah. What a load of s.. Seriously.

    The movement system here is no more then a demo of EQLandmark and it looks amazing compared to anything that was before it. 

    you can always pretend to be adult and wait for uninspired Black Desert for example and by playing it you can prove that you are old fart that is looking for shaders, tesselation and other stuff that 99% of gamers does not need. In fact you can contribute to the forum on how awesome you are.

     

    I should add that EQNext is first of all a VIDEOGAME and it does the most important part in it compared to any modern POS MMO out there right now. Fun Factor. End of story.

    We'll get back to you 3 months after the games released and ask how you how well all that "fun" held up for you.  You may be 24 and excited about this, and im sure there are plenty of early 20's as well that are just as excited, but i assure you this game will have a terrible community.  Its going to be filled with nanosecond attention span teens and tweens and is going to make the DOTA 2 community look mature.

     

    Yeah.. well. thats a fair bet, isn't it? Because every damn community out there is like that the last ten years. And beside of that i guess the community will be better than in a lot of other MMORPGs.

    Because.. simply put.. creativity and sandbox gameplay usually connects people a little bit more as any 0815 themepark.

    Ok. so a little bet? Wildstar, TESO or EQN, what will be the best and what will be the worst community? I bet EQN will not the worst out of those 3, even that it is F2P and F2P don't make communities any better, but usually worst.

     

    Im still not convinced that EQN is goin to be this huge sandbox game their promising.

    image

  • XarkoXarko Hradec KralovePosts: 394Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Apraxis
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
     
     
    Originally posted by Kharisha

    My favourite comments here are about "game for kidzzz" or "Game for the massezzzz" or "Tis gem haz nO phYscs"

     

    Well, screw you. I'm 24 and I'm looking forward to this game. I guess I'm a kid and mass audience at the same time and devs should milk me at best and blah blah blah. What a load of s.. Seriously.

    The movement system here is no more then a demo of EQLandmark and it looks amazing compared to anything that was before it. 

    you can always pretend to be adult and wait for uninspired Black Desert for example and by playing it you can prove that you are old fart that is looking for shaders, tesselation and other stuff that 99% of gamers does not need. In fact you can contribute to the forum on how awesome you are.

     

    I should add that EQNext is first of all a VIDEOGAME and it does the most important part in it compared to any modern POS MMO out there right now. Fun Factor. End of story.

    We'll get back to you 3 months after the games released and ask how you how well all that "fun" held up for you.  You may be 24 and excited about this, and im sure there are plenty of early 20's as well that are just as excited, but i assure you this game will have a terrible community.  Its going to be filled with nanosecond attention span teens and tweens and is going to make the DOTA 2 community look mature.

     

    Yeah.. well. thats a fair bet, isn't it? Because every damn community out there is like that the last ten years. And beside of that i guess the community will be better than in a lot of other MMORPGs.

    Because.. simply put.. creativity and sandbox gameplay usually connects people a little bit more as any 0815 themepark.

    Ok. so a little bet? Wildstar, TESO or EQN, what will be the best and what will be the worst community? I bet EQN will not the worst out of those 3, even that it is F2P and F2P don't make communities any better, but usually worst.

     

    Im still not convinced that EQN is goin to be this huge sandbox game their promising.

    Me neighter

    oh and they're*

  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Vineland, NJPosts: 869Member
    Originally posted by Xarko
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Apraxis
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
     
     
    Originally posted by Kharisha

    My favourite comments here are about "game for kidzzz" or "Game for the massezzzz" or "Tis gem haz nO phYscs"

     

    Well, screw you. I'm 24 and I'm looking forward to this game. I guess I'm a kid and mass audience at the same time and devs should milk me at best and blah blah blah. What a load of s.. Seriously.

    The movement system here is no more then a demo of EQLandmark and it looks amazing compared to anything that was before it. 

    you can always pretend to be adult and wait for uninspired Black Desert for example and by playing it you can prove that you are old fart that is looking for shaders, tesselation and other stuff that 99% of gamers does not need. In fact you can contribute to the forum on how awesome you are.

     

    I should add that EQNext is first of all a VIDEOGAME and it does the most important part in it compared to any modern POS MMO out there right now. Fun Factor. End of story.

    We'll get back to you 3 months after the games released and ask how you how well all that "fun" held up for you.  You may be 24 and excited about this, and im sure there are plenty of early 20's as well that are just as excited, but i assure you this game will have a terrible community.  Its going to be filled with nanosecond attention span teens and tweens and is going to make the DOTA 2 community look mature.

     

    Yeah.. well. thats a fair bet, isn't it? Because every damn community out there is like that the last ten years. And beside of that i guess the community will be better than in a lot of other MMORPGs.

    Because.. simply put.. creativity and sandbox gameplay usually connects people a little bit more as any 0815 themepark.

    Ok. so a little bet? Wildstar, TESO or EQN, what will be the best and what will be the worst community? I bet EQN will not the worst out of those 3, even that it is F2P and F2P don't make communities any better, but usually worst.

     

    Im still not convinced that EQN is goin to be this huge sandbox game (they're) promising.

    Me neighter

    oh and they're*

    Thanks spell cop =)

    image

  • SiugSiug TallinnPosts: 1,236Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Whiskey_Sam
    We finally have an answer to what a dev's midlife crisis looks like.

    lol image

Sign In or Register to comment.