Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst launch ever.

1235»

Comments

• MordithMordith Member UncommonPosts: 210
    It is now 10:30 pm Pacific Time and I still cannot log on.  I have been trying since 7 am.
  • BluewhitehellBluewhitehell Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Hjorulv

As far as all the dozen, or so, MMOs I have played at launch, I'd have to agree entirely.  Can't play the game on my initial toon and if I can play it at all it's on the JP worlds, which definitely won't have any transfer ability in the future.  

You can't transfer on JP worlds?

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    Originally posted by Mordith
    It is now 10:30 pm Pacific Time and I still cannot log on.  I have been trying since 7 am.

7am Pacific is too late.  That's 10am Eastern.  The "sweet spot" for logging into a NA server is between 4am and 7am Eastern. After 7 or 730 Eastern it starts to get very clogged very quickly.

• PorkNailsPorkNails Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Originally posted by Abrraham
    Tera, GW2, SW:TOR, Rift, Neverwinter and even Aion had better launches. EQ2 was many years ago. I think we can expect a better technology in 2013 (having atleast working waiting queues).

in tera you could login, and had a queue, but then there were no quest monsters so you could not progress. At least in ff the peeps that can login can progress in the game.

in GW2 some could't connect aswell and the crying in these forums was the same, AION you had 5 seconds of lag AFTER you waited for 3h in queue.

How are these better then this launch?

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    lol, another worst launch ever.

I self identify as a monkey.

• shiner421shiner421 Member Posts: 70

I still hold with the no excuse for this mess crowd. Its Final Fantasy, its a worldwide game that has a long history and massive following. One of my complaints about the beta process was that they didnt allow enough people on to test the servers AND to get a better picture of how many people are interested in playing this game. There was plenty of time for them to plan for this, and there was plenty of indication that the game was going to be this popular again.

Im not flaming mad per se, but I can see most of the population walking away from this game since they cant play anyways, then theres the segment that hit 50 already, got all the gear, and are done, so servers will be open soon. I just dont hold much hope for the future of this game, had too  many bad things happen that were avoidable and too many people have been burned. And in the world of MMO's, once youve been burned you generally dont go back.

• DelondialDelondial Member UncommonPosts: 124

Personally, I have to agree that I've not been part of a worse launch.

inb4 "huehue you obviously haven't been in many launches! mmoprg X was WAAY worse".

Just going to get my money back and try again in a few months when they get their servers sorted.

Clever things.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Not the worst ever but this is not actually a good launch.
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Of course...this is NOT to be confused with a stress test ;)
  • TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Abrraham

I don't know how you feel about this but I haven't been able to play for almost a week now. I'm someone who can only play in the evening thus it's more difficult for me to join my server. I thought it would improve after a week, defending this game all the time, but it's even worse now. I'm already thinking of going back to my old MMO because I'm losing interest from day to day. 

Personally, I've never witnessed a mess like this, not even at launch. I was really excited to play and the first 25 were a lot of fun but this is a pain in the neck.

Anarchy Online, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

Besides for the usual bugs, the only major problem with FFXIV: AAR is the ability to login, which is nothing and to be expected. Some could argue that their CS support is another, but that isn't directly related to the launch of a game.

• SuniojSunioj Member Posts: 261
    I got a refund for my digital copy of the game.  I am thinking I might come back after everything dies down and you can log in anytime you want.  This has been next to WAR the worst MMO launch within the past 5yrs in my view.  And I am glad I was able to get a refund instead of having to stay frustrated and only be able to play in the early day and afternoon in the (EST) where I am located.  I wish everyone else the best going forward on this.

Momo sucks, I have proof.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Maybe its your 1st or second mmo launch but i have seen much worse mmo launches in the past 15 years....
    Some even included taking servers offline for 2 weeks.
    Some had many disconnection problems for 1 month
    Even last year GW2 had major problems with their auction house that cuased massive lag and many problems for weeks on end.

I had 2 days of problems then it was solved in FFAAR, so worse launch ? not by a long shot.