Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I haven't been able to log in for days

124»

Comments

• bdewbdew Member UncommonPosts: 192

I'm close to giving up on this game right now. I can live with (as in tolerate, i don't find it acceptable in any shape or form, anyone launching a game in 2013 without a working queue is a scam) having to spam 0 for 5-10 minutes to get in, but since a few days ago i can't even do that. It's just a cycle of trying to get in for hours (server full) then getting kicked 5 minutes later, with hour long breaks when the server list doesn't load.

Basically the game right now is absolutely unplayable.

I'll give them a chance to fix this crap with the upcoming 4/9 downtime, but if it doesn't i'm going to get a refund (or judging by their great support stories - contact my credit card for a chargeback)

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Syno23
    SE launched a very polished and awesome game. That was Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. But good gosh, the server issues are too much. And I'm very upset about what happened to me and my friends. SE has failed, and I will continue to play their game, but I will also complain that if I cannot log into the servers, why should I continue to pay for subscription?

There are 2 very, very, bad problems by design: 1) no automatic logout being idle to much time and 2) no automatic queue if to many in queue. Can not remember and game in last years (nope, Aion had logout, but that "personal shop" was treated differently) with such POOR design. I mean ... do they really expect me to stay behind keyboard whole day clicking on their "Try later" box, then Ok, then Start, then waiting to message that EU or other servers are unavailable, .... instead of being simply PUT IN QUEUE? I DO NOT CARE IF 1000 PLAYERS IN QUEUE, JUST DO NOt OFFER ME THAT SILLY MESSAGE BOX JUST PUT ME ON WAITING LIST!!! In meantime i could do other thing while waiting and sooner or later would get into game. 

I'm not angry because of some software bug, hardware failure, ... game is complex, can happen, ... I'm not happy about but will not make me angry tOward SE. but I'm very angrey about such POOR decision how to implement this. This is not how things are done. In some way this release is failure as was 1.0, just with completely different problems.

I guess will try at some time to return but for now it seems VERY UNLIKELY i will even play this 30 days included in client. And for sure will not sub.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    You must be doing something wrong, many people not only log in regularly but are at or near level 50.

It's true there are login issues but a substantial portion of the player has managed to cope with it.

But if it really bothers you, ask for a refund and don't play. (or come back later)

Yes they are. BECAUSE THEY CONTINUE TO BE LOGGED IN 24 HOURS PER DAY! How could any1 miss in SE team this .... impossible idea of not having automatic logout after certain period of time. Agrrrr.....

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276

The worst part about this post is how much of a drone you sound like. The product is unsatisfactory, you cant even access it, your paying a subscription, yet all you do is complain on a forum. Be a grown up and vote with your money. If it is not working right now, demand a refund and come back in a month. If you are unable to handle that, seek life counseling cause I fear you may need new purpose.

P.S. they are giving a week of sub away free

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Figured it would get better after labor day weekend was over, but still cant get in.  Not even on japanese server.
  • azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Coated
    Originally posted by Caskio

Best way to avoid the login issue is to log in during the wee morning hours and go AFK until you're ready to play later that day.  At least that's how I and others do it just so we can play.

Doesn't matter much to me anymore. I'm not going to sub.

This is the ideal way to handle the servers atm.

If you don't go this route, expect to spend 10-30 minutes spamming that start button till you get in a que.  10-30 minutes is average for weekdays.

On a weekend, like this weekend. Expect to spend 30min - 1hour spamming the start button to try and get in.

For the record, I have 'never' once 'not' been able to get in (besides the servers being down completely). Granted, it was difficult and required some persistence, but I still got in. Obviously, other people are just as determined as me (or they just never logged out) because the servers are riddled with activity.

For the people complaining, It is understandable. However, do not say that you can't get in. You can get in, you just don't want to take the time to do it.

I spent nearly 3 hours yesterday trying to log in, are you going to tell me that it's not that I can't log in but that I don't want to take the time to do it?

Originally posted by azonic69
    Originally posted by Coated
    Originally posted by Caskio

Best way to avoid the login issue is to log in during the wee morning hours and go AFK until you're ready to play later that day.  At least that's how I and others do it just so we can play.

Doesn't matter much to me anymore. I'm not going to sub.

This is the ideal way to handle the servers atm.

If you don't go this route, expect to spend 10-30 minutes spamming that start button till you get in a que.  10-30 minutes is average for weekdays.

On a weekend, like this weekend. Expect to spend 30min - 1hour spamming the start button to try and get in.

For the record, I have 'never' once 'not' been able to get in (besides the servers being down completely). Granted, it was difficult and required some persistence, but I still got in. Obviously, other people are just as determined as me (or they just never logged out) because the servers are riddled with activity.

For the people complaining, It is understandable. However, do not say that you can't get in. You can get in, you just don't want to take the time to do it.

I spent nearly 3 hours yesterday trying to log in, are you going to tell me that it's not that I can't log in but that I don't want to take the time to do it?

He's saying you have to get up at 2am to do it.

• TechnohicTechnohic Member Posts: 148

New worlds being put in at 8 PM EDT tonight, right?

Got in once until now and am patiently waiting to just re-roll  tomorrow.  It is what it is.  

Originally posted by Technohic

Got in once until now and am patiently waiting to just re-roll  tomorrow.  It is what it is.  

Thats the time servers are going down, but they wont be available till 6am EDT (if we are lucky).

• TechnohicTechnohic Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by svann
    Originally posted by Technohic

Thats the time servers are going down, but they wont be available till 6am EDT (if we are lucky).

Yeah, I know.  Why I plan on re-rolling tomorrow.