Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF14 another realm unborn

SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
10am in the morning UK time and having to spam 0 for ten minutes just to get in the servers only to log in and see AFKers EVERYWHERE.  I really hope Wednesday's maintenance sorts this problem out because it's seriously taking the piss. Can't see why SE haven't scheduled realm restarts every five hours or something to boot out all these AFKers. Just venting but seriously, struggling to get on in the morning because the majority of the server are standing around AFK while at work is one for the hall of shame. 

Comments

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

7:40 GMT I logged in , first attempt, Lots of players running around doing stuff, Hawkers Alley in Limsa was full of AFKers.

Headed to my Inn Room (rested XP, this is why I do not understand why the AFK in town where you do not get it!)

Debated going AFK, logged out to let other players in,

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Yeah I got in at 9am no problem but went out for a bit and shut down my computer, came back an hour later and boom world full messages. I logged out at Camp Drybone and it's so full of people it's hard to spot npcs. 
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Senden
    Yeah I got in at 9am no problem but went out for a bit and shut down my computer, came back an hour later and boom world full messages. I logged out at Camp Drybone and it's so full of people it's hard to spot npcs. 

I wonder if people quit there day jobs to play this game? i am sitting here at lunch break and have another 4 hours before i get home. How the hell servers are so packed in the morning?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

I wonder if people quit there day jobs to play this game? i am sitting here at lunch break and have another 4 hours before i get home. How the hell servers are so packed in the morning?

I work night shift, simple really. 

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• cybersurfrcybersurfr Member UncommonPosts: 168

The world isn't flat.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    10am in the morning UK time and having to spam 0 for ten minutes just to get in the servers only to log in and see AFKers EVERYWHERE.  I really hope Wednesday's maintenance sorts this problem out because it's seriously taking the piss. Can't see why SE haven't scheduled realm restarts every five hours or something to boot out all these AFKers. Just venting but seriously, struggling to get on in the morning because the majority of the server are standing around AFK while at work is one for the hall of shame. 

I saw the same thing, loads of people just standing about. They should do a server restart I think. I was 47th in the queue to log in.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by cybersurfr

The world isn't flat.

FFXIV is divided in EU/US and Japanese servers. So i am just going by that logic. I understand if servers are well populated but to be unable to log in at 9 am because servers are full left me wondering.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

That's exactly my complaint, they're packed with people AFKing while they are at work/school or whatever. 

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    8AM EST been trying to log for 15 minutes to no avail.  Hell even WOW in it's prime, 8AM on a week day i could log.
  • KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

It's AFKers.  The problem has snowballed.  At first it was a few players, then when people began to catch on, it became the case that at least a majority of the people actually in the game were not logging out.  That became evident late last week and really snowballed over the holiday weekend in the US to the point that it's everywhere now -- all of the towns are packed with AFK players.  If you play for a bit, and come back to town an hour or two later and are paying attention, you will see exactly the same names standing in exactly the same place.  It's everywhere.

Apparently an anti-AFK code is not in the game because (1) in FFXI you needed to be AFK in order to sell things and the design was simply copied and (2) in JP, you get charged by the minute, so the company doesn't want to boot you for being AFK (they are making money).  Regardless, they need an AFK kick code in the EU/NA version of the game, and they needed it yesterday.

• duiLucidduiLucid Member Posts: 46
    I work the normal 9 to 5, played for all of 2 hours in head start, haven't been able to log in since as I refuse to sit for 20 minutes spamming 0.  Looks like I pre-ordered another dud.
  • GrootGroot Member UncommonPosts: 87

It's so frustrating.  It wouldn't be such a big deal if the game sucked, but dammit it's a lot of fun and I want to play!!!!!

I love the game though, so I'll keep trying.