Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh My God 1400 hours played. Best game e.v.e.r.

sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431

So this is how ARPG meets EvE...

Hardcore of course.

You can stop searching.

Best game eva.

It is the end of MMORPG's for me.

As of today I swear I'll never play "dead ... please press X to continue play" games again.

HARDCORE, the real deal.

Comments

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Yikes! 

(insert a "mom's basement" -troll comment here)

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    15 years late bro.
  • sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by Utinni
    15 years late bro.

It is the combination of hardcore play and hardcore economy through the Auction House that opens doors.

Unseen and quite frankly it is EVE on speed this way.

Hooked big time. 

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Diablo 2 also had this is what im saying. 
    Diablo 2 also had this is what im saying. 

It didn't have a hardcore Auction House and that's where it all starts in hardcore these days.

The combo of grind/crafting and AH s too good to be true.

It is a failure in softcore, but a huge hidden hit in hardcore.

Fabulous experience. 

• TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Originally posted by sportsfan
    15 years late bro.

It is the combination of hardcore play and hardcore economy through the Auction House that opens doors.

Hooked big time. 

Not sure if D3 can be called hard core game. :) after all that years we have been waiting for it, it looks like they finished it in 6 months :) Almost like game from facebook :)

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    15 years late bro.

Hooked big time. 

I must say, you never played EVE then... :P

D3 is horrible if I compare it to D2 or PoE

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Wait there are you trying to say you have played this game for 1400 hours ?

• ruonimruonim Member Posts: 251
    epic math skills are epic.
    Originally posted by korent1991
    15 years late bro.

Hooked big time. 

Another one who didn't grasp the combination of hardcore gaming and an in game hardcore Auction House.

Trading with death.

Think about it, how this effects game play in ...leveling, challenge, grinding for essential mats ... all this in a player driven Auction House.

Originally posted by Caldrin

Wait there are you trying to say you have played this game for 1400 hours ?

Yes I know I am on the lower side of played hours.

But believe me they fly by when playing on adrenaline when death reaches out on 10% health ... and you just invested about all your gold in a 3% upgrade ...

:) Try it, gaming will never be the same.

I have tried it.. it was bad compared to POE and D2..

but we all like different things..

Originally posted by ruonim
    epic math skills are epic.

ha i guess you spotted my post before i realised my mistake :)

Originally posted by Caldrin

I have tried it.. it was bad compared to POE and D2..

but we all like different things..

I am quite certain you didn't reach Hardcore in D3's end game.

The game in HC is the Holy Grail of economic gaming. (tx to that AH)

Example: imagine having an economy where death rules and everyone needs such simple but essential things like a gem or other basic mats ...en mass...

Instead of a gear grinder, you have an economic grinder where it actually makes sense to concentrate on trading and grinding in a game ruled by death.

It is EVE put on steroids and quite frankly the games you mentioned don't even have a hardcore AH nor adecent combat engine.

D3 turns circles around these games in combat. POE is really an internet joke, made by amateurs with a joke of an engine and hardcore is not supported by an AH and not even a decent termination of your HC death. It is a joke compared to what D3 in HC offers. 

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

I feel sorry for your entire life when you think D3 is best and hardcore (rofl!) game ever!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

Originally posted by lickm3

I feel sorry for your entire life when you think D3 is best and hardcore (rofl!) game ever!

Hardcore = die once ... avatar dead for good.

Now add an economy attached to this with a centralised in game Auction House.

:)

Simple. A wet dreams paradise for every on line gamer: endless economy.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    15 years late bro.

Hooked big time. 

Another one who didn't grasp the combination of hardcore gaming and an in game hardcore Auction House.

Trading with death.

Think about it, how this effects game play in ...leveling, challenge, grinding for essential mats ... all this in a player driven Auction House.

Hardcore gaming? Trading with death? 

EVE is all about hard core :P When you die, and you didn't update your clones you're loosing every skill point you earned beyond that clone.

I've played D3 on launch day and I still log on occasionaly, but beyond that it's nothing special. I grasped all there is to grasp in D3, hardcore isn't one of the words I'd use in the same sentence with D3.

Also, EVE is so much more complicated than any other MMORPG that it's rediculous to compare them, not to mention how funny it sounds when you compare it to D3.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by lickm3

Hardcore = die once ... avatar dead for good.

Now add an economy attached to this with a centralised in game Auction House.

:)

Simple. A wet dreams paradise for every on line gamer: endless economy.

Rogue-likes are pretty hardcore and if those had in game cash shops those would be pretty soft core,like D3 is.

Remove cash shop and it would be not only 1000 times better but also closer to hard core.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

So this is how ARPG meets EvE...

Hardcore of course.

You can stop searching.

Best game eva.

It is the end of MMORPG's for me.

As of today I swear I'll never play "dead ... please press X to continue play" games again.

HARDCORE, the real deal.

Poor attempt at sarcasm if that's what was intended.

However 100% flame bait is what this post really seems to be.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Addiction is a serious problem.  There are various news articles about people who have died while playing video games due to not eating.  Online gamblers lose all of their money.  Just be careful it doesn't turn into more than just entertainment.

It is good you found something you enjoy, but make sure it doesn't interfere with the things that really matter.

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    15 years late bro.

Hooked big time. 

I disagree. D3 is a lot of fun. Saying it's "horrible" is an unfair exaggeration. It's a great game and people hate on it unfairly.

• MultibyteMultibyte Member UncommonPosts: 128

I find it incredible that someone thinks Diablo 3 is the best game ever. I played and quit some time ago. In my opinoin, it is utter rubbish. It cannot even make it to the top 250 games at rank 250. Diablo 2 can enter that list, but Diablo 3... lol

But, as someone else said, we all like different things.

Originally posted by Gorwe
    Give it up sports...

I doubt that they even know what Hardcore mode means, much less about finesse like which Ah is present in HC. I suspect that you are talking about the Real HC mode(I play all my MMOs that way btw-they are so god dam boring without the ever present death), while they are interpretting it as Hardcore in other games(purposefully gimping yourself, cranking the difficulty slider up etc).

HC mode rules! MP 10 perhaps lol ;)

Yeah. I  can see someone here who plays D3 in hardcore. And yep, these guys in this thread don't even understand the word.

Diablo 3 hardcore play is = one death , game over for that avatar. Done for good.

Now imagine how difficult it is to explain to someone how AWESOME it is to play in a game where everyone dies (for good) and ...trade in a Gold Auction House ...attached to this restricted hardcore world ...

It is the wet dream of most MMO'ers come true, the only thing is ... they don't know it, since they didn't even try it. 

Imagine an MMORPG where one death means game over for the avatar and an economy that is build (and rebuild) on these deaths...

Diablo 3 on PC is incredible in hardcore. I have solace to know that I am far from the only one to have noticed this tense and exciting mechanic of hardcore economics mixed with survival mode.

Awesome.

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

I got excited for a moment while browsing the update list when seeing this post come up, I was hoping that you found a niche game no one had heard of and posted in the wrong forums.

I was disappointed.

Originally posted by Lyrian

I got excited for a moment while browsing the update list when seeing this post come up, I was hoping that you found a niche game no one had heard of and posted in the wrong forums.

I was disappointed.

So you haven't played D3 in hardcore mode either...