Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New parkour video

Comments

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    Originally posted by Zuvielify

I just don't get it.

I mean, it looks cool and all, but it seems like a lot of pointless effort on the part of the devs. On top of that, parkour doesn't really fit in a fantasy world. At least not by a wizard. A rogue certainly makes sense, but an old man wizard, or a guardian wearing 100 lbs of armor, won't be doing fancy little flips and slides

Kind of why I was wondering if it is class based at all, or race based....this kind of stuff may make sense for the "Adventurer" class if it is some kind of agile explorer class...which I don't know if it is or isn't

but maybe not so much sense for a necromancer or shadowknight.

Same here

Also don't get what the buzz is about this, looked like just doing a 'roll' when jumping off a cliff, what's the big deal about that?

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    Originally posted by noncley

- Don't have the same access to subscription funds as their older siblings

- Don' have the same attention span or intelligence required to allow them to engage with an MMO over a long period of time

Yea cause twenty year olds and teens are known for not having disposable income or disposable time...

Sigh. Go back and read what I said. 

Smedley is going for 8-16 year olds. Not 18-20+s.

• arcatomarcatom Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Originally posted by ghorgos
    Originally posted by arcatom

From what we have seen and heard about the game the target audience is moba-players that want more than just a few maps, minecraft players that want better graphics, probably the housing-fans, action-adventure/rpg players(especially thoose that like the over the top graphic style a lot console titles have) and a few from shooters like borderlands that like some more fantasy.  I'm wodering if they believe that the name Everquest and the existence of Norrath is enough to draw the old EQ/EQ2 players to EQN because it realy sounds like that while the actualy features drive them away.

They have specifically stated they don't really want to pull people away from those games. They going for something completely different. The thing to remember is EQ and EQ2 will always be there. If players want that style then they can go play those games.

It will be nice to play something that's different. I really hope EQN is a success because it will finally give MMO devs the push they need to break the mold. Dave Georgeson put it best when he said 'Enough is enough. It's time to get some new ideas into this genre'.  

This genre needs a drastic change. Hats off to SOE for having the balls to step up and try. As far as the parkour stuff goes I'm going to assume these moves are geared towards the adventure class. It has an adventure type feel to it. I think it looks fun.

But thats not realy true. Both EQ and EQ2 have changed a lot and are no longer the same games for a lot of the fans. In addition they are old(graphics, ui, controls and content). 

This is true they have changed. But let's admit, that type of niche gameplay (while I admit is better) just doesn't pull the numbers games need today to back them. 

Back when EQ was made it was a relatively small production in relation to the time and money it costs to produce something today. They need to appeal to a broader audience if they want to maintain a game of this size and ambition. 

With that said, I share your sentiments of the play style that EQ had. It brought a richer community, and sense of adventure. I think SOE knows that they need to re-adopt this, and are hopefully designing their systems to support this. All we can do is wait and see. 

• ghorgosghorgos Member UncommonPosts: 191

From what we have seen and heard about the game the target audience is moba-players that want more than just a few maps, minecraft players that want better graphics, probably the housing-fans, action-adventure/rpg players(especially thoose that like the over the top graphic style a lot console titles have) and a few from shooters like borderlands that like some more fantasy.  I'm wodering if they believe that the name Everquest and the existence of Norrath is enough to draw the old EQ/EQ2 players to EQN because it realy sounds like that while the actualy features drive them away.

They have specifically stated they don't really want to pull people away from those games. They going for something completely different. The thing to remember is EQ and EQ2 will always be there. If players want that style then they can go play those games.

It will be nice to play something that's different. I really hope EQN is a success because it will finally give MMO devs the push they need to break the mold. Dave Georgeson put it best when he said 'Enough is enough. It's time to get some new ideas into this genre'.  

This genre needs a drastic change. Hats off to SOE for having the balls to step up and try. As far as the parkour stuff goes I'm going to assume these moves are geared towards the adventure class. It has an adventure type feel to it. I think it looks fun.

But thats not realy true. Both EQ and EQ2 have changed a lot and are no longer the same games for a lot of the fans. In addition they are old(graphics, ui, controls and content). 

This is true they have changed. But let's admit, that type of niche gameplay (while I admit is better) just doesn't pull the numbers games need today to back them. 

Back when EQ was made it was a relatively small production in relation to the time and money it costs to produce something today. They need to appeal to a broader audience if they want to maintain a game of this size and ambition. 

With that said, I share your sentiments of the play style that EQ had. It brought a richer community, and sense of adventure. I think SOE knows that they need to re-adopt this, and are hopefully designing their systems to support this. All we can do is wait and see. 

You can't realy take old EQ/EQ2 player numbers and use them now. One thing WoW accomplished was to increase the possible playerbase by a massive amount. A quality and renewed version of theese games will attract a lot more players.  In addition theese players net you a better retention than the target audience i described in my first post above(good for long term success, bad if you want a quick b2p or cash shop success). 

You can't realy take old EQ/EQ2 player numbers and use them now. One thing WoW accomplished was to increase the possible playerbase by a massive amount. A quality and renewed version of theese games will attract a lot more players.  In addition theese players net you a better retention than the target audience i described in my first post above(good for long term success, bad if you want a quick b2p or cash shop success). 

I know what you are saying in a way, but the kicker is that they started to make that type of a game and they said screw this lets shake things up a bit.

If they can attract the MOBA crowd, the Minecraft crowd, as well as the MMO crowd, then they will truly have something special. From a business standpoint it's pretty smart. If they just appealed to the MMO crowd and made the same game, yeah they probably would have success your're right, but it would just be another MMO.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about what they are doing because they seem to believe in it. I don't want to get too hyped up but it's fun to see this type of ambitious design in a stale genre.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    This fantasy MMORPG is looking a little too Disney teen super hero all of a sudden. WTF!?

All of a sudden? lol

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Karahandras
    This fantasy MMORPG is looking a little too Disney teen super hero all of a sudden. WTF!?

All of a sudden?

Originally posted by xAPOCx

All of a sudden? lol

Things just creep up on me easier as I age. :)

• camphor1camphor1 Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Verterdegete
    Originally posted by Latronus

Not that it has much to do with the thread, but your thinking on Plate armor is a little behind the times. You need to do some research and you will discover that dark age knights were not lumbering targets in that armor.  They were able to jump and perform rolls to avoid attacks.  The armor was fitted for them and it was fairly flexible.  The old thinking that a knight that fell off his horse was dead because he couldn't get up is bull.  Oh and it wasn't necessarily for mounted combat.  It was the armor of the aristocracy; they could afford it and since they were the landowners/royals, they were more protected in combat so could survive.  Stop watching movies and reading fiction.  You would probably be surprised that MMO style sword combat isn't how a sword was wielded either. 

Please stop with this patronising bullshit. Go to your local Medieval combat club. Ask them for a chainmail shirt, chestplate, and a mace (just that, no helmet, shield, legplates, riding boots etc.). Put that on, and do a roll. Then, when you realise how idiotic your post is, come here and continue with the discussion.

Jesus Christ, my father got spine issues for life because he had to wear a heavy  body armor (around 15 kg) during one week of intensive action. He's still pissed on his superiors about that, because the rulebook says that  you're not supposed to wear a 15 kg body armor if radius of  foot movement is more than 500 meters.

And then some forum guy comes in and tells me that i should ease my imagination because 3-4 hour combat under 40 kg of equipment isn't restrictive and sluggish as shown in movies and comic books (WTF !!?). No, actually it's fast, with jump rolls and heavy foot charges - completely unlike movies, comics and games . :rolleyes:

first thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm11yAXeegg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz7naZ08Jd4

second thing listen it sounds like your dad had some pre exsisting conditions because i hate to tell you if he didn't hes making crap up in basic training i was in full battle rattle for a week which weighs between 30 and 50 kiligrams and was fine i work out DAILY for 2 hours wereing a training vest that weighs 50 lbs (not going to convert in head) and am fine 

also us soldiers in afghanastan have gone weeks in 100+ degree tempratures in body armor helmet fully packed rucksack etc i mean come on man my backpack in school was over 50 pounds which im pretty damn sure is more then 15 kg]

edit : if your renting armor your completly right because its not properly fitted the thing about metal is its not real flexable so the joints have to fit correctly to allow for movement and just for the record i just clocked it using a radar gun 100lbs slows my sprint by 2 miles an hour (roughly 4km/ph) a loss of 20% (given im not a very fast sprinter) no where near what i would call restrictive and sluggish

special note. this info is from a 250 pound 8%fat via bmi individual i would expect a person planning to fight a freaken dragon to be in better shape then i am

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Originally posted by Allein
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    Originally posted by Ridrith

Broken parkour is broken.  Thank you, come again.

Just make it a optional choice, SOE.  Don't be dumb.

or you can play the game they are making, not the game you want them to make.

Wow. That is the quintessence of sheep mentality.

Sounds fairly logical to me. They have a design and they are following it. If people don't like it, they don't have to play. Or they can try as it won't cost them anything.

Many expect EQN or games in general to be designed around their personal expectations, which is unrealistic.

I like what I see and unless some unforeseen changes happen that completely turn me off, I will continue to be interested.

Those unhappy and expecting the game to change drastically (redoing foundation type things like graphics, movement, combat, class system) is asking a bit too much. Maybe they will tweak a few things, but they wouldn't have added the parkour if they didn't have a plan for it and didn't like it themselves. It isn't like a million people signed a petition for parkour movement. Obviously they have internal reasoning for adding it.

"Sounds fairly logical to me. They have a design and they are following it. If people don't like it, they don't have to play. Or they can try as it won't cost them anything."

Really? Do I have to explain 'commerce' to you?

If they make a game designed for designers and not for players - and they have a good record in doing that with failed and half-failed games from SWG to Matrix Online to EQ2 - then they don't make any money.

No, no, I don't think I can put it any simpler than that.

The devs have pointed out that they are gamers themselves and have played all the same games we have and are at the same point as many of us that want something new and exciting instead of a rehash of the same old game that has been redone over and over for 15+ years. Which are no longer that profitable or successful.

They are trying to pull in a diverse audience from different sub genres of mmos. Not just die hard EQ fans that are living in 1999.

They can't please everyone 100%. This forum is not a representation of the online gaming population as a whole. The majority of people that will probably play EQN/LM are most likely not even aware of their existence. While most following it probably have some history with SOE and all the good/bad baggage that comes along with it.

The teams that made SWG, Matrix Online, and EQ2 are not the same behind EQN. Matrix wasn't even designed by SOE was it? Mismanagement after release is not the same as releasing a game in a particular state or with a vision in mind.

If the initial design is poor, no they will not make money and will have to make some drastic changes. EQN being F2P also puts a lot of importance on cash shops, Player Studio, subs etc. Catering to players that are more likely to design and sell their own goods and buy from the cash shop and other players is a smart move on SOE's part. They are looking to make money, not please a particular percent of gamers that have to have it their way or else.

I'm assuming many that dislike a lot of the aspects being shown off for EQN (graphics, combat, movement, etc) also are against Cash Shops and micro-transactions. If people are against the entire design philosophy of the game, it makes no sense for them to be following it or being upset when yet again they get info that doesn't fit their personal desires. Believe it or not, every game is not designed with "You" in mind.

Wildstar/TESO and other themepark games aren't what "Sandbox" fans are looking for, but guess what, they will still have thriving populations because every game has an audience.

Do I have to explain Alpha to you? So far, the game looks very far from complete. We do not have a clear understanding of how all the pieces will come together, especially since we don't have all the pieces.

SOE could release info next week saying all the flipping and what not drains stamina and you can only do it for 10 secs straight. We have no context. People giving up or calling a game a failure due to 20 secs of Alpha footage is silly. If people are going to waste their time following a game way off from release, they should at least have a little patience and lay off the knee jerk reactions to everything.

Originally posted by Tygranir
    Originally posted by Ridrith

Broken parkour is broken.  Thank you, come again.

Just make it a optional choice, SOE.  Don't be dumb.

or you can play the game they are making, not the game you want them to make.

Wow. That is the quintessence of sheep mentality.

Sounds fairly logical to me. They have a design and they are following it. If people don't like it, they don't have to play. Or they can try as it won't cost them anything.

Many expect EQN or games in general to be designed around their personal expectations, which is unrealistic.

I like what I see and unless some unforeseen changes happen that completely turn me off, I will continue to be interested.

Those unhappy and expecting the game to change drastically (redoing foundation type things like graphics, movement, combat, class system) is asking a bit too much. Maybe they will tweak a few things, but they wouldn't have added the parkour if they didn't have a plan for it and didn't like it themselves. It isn't like a million people signed a petition for parkour movement. Obviously they have internal reasoning for adding it.

"Sounds fairly logical to me. They have a design and they are following it. If people don't like it, they don't have to play. Or they can try as it won't cost them anything."

Really? Do I have to explain 'commerce' to you?

If they make a game designed for designers and not for players - and they have a good record in doing that with failed and half-failed games from SWG to Matrix Online to EQ2 - then they don't make any money.

No, no, I don't think I can put it any simpler than that.

The devs have pointed out that they are gamers themselves and have played all the same games we have and are at the same point as many of us that want something new and exciting instead of a rehash of the same old game that has been redone over and over for 15+ years. Which are no longer that profitable or successful.

They are trying to pull in a diverse audience from different sub genres of mmos. Not just die hard EQ fans that are living in 1999.

They can't please everyone 100%. This forum is not a representation of the online gaming population as a whole. The majority of people that will probably play EQN/LM are most likely not even aware of their existence. While most following it probably have some history with SOE and all the good/bad baggage that comes along with it.

The teams that made SWG, Matrix Online, and EQ2 are not the same behind EQN. Matrix wasn't even designed by SOE was it? Mismanagement after release is not the same as releasing a game in a particular state or with a vision in mind.

If the initial design is poor, no they will not make money and will have to make some drastic changes. EQN being F2P also puts a lot of importance on cash shops, Player Studio, subs etc. Catering to players that are more likely to design and sell their own goods and buy from the cash shop and other players is a smart move on SOE's part. They are looking to make money, not please a particular percent of gamers that have to have it their way or else.

I'm assuming many that dislike a lot of the aspects being shown off for EQN (graphics, combat, movement, etc) also are against Cash Shops and micro-transactions. If people are against the entire design philosophy of the game, it makes no sense for them to be following it or being upset when yet again they get info that doesn't fit their personal desires. Believe it or not, every game is not designed with "You" in mind.

Wildstar/TESO and other themepark games aren't what "Sandbox" fans are looking for, but guess what, they will still have thriving populations because every game has an audience.

Do I have to explain Alpha to you? So far, the game looks very far from complete. We do not have a clear understanding of how all the pieces will come together, especially since we don't have all the pieces.

SOE could release info next week saying all the flipping and what not drains stamina and you can only do it for 10 secs straight. We have no context. People giving up or calling a game a failure due to 20 secs of Alpha footage is silly. If people are going to waste their time following a game way off from release, they should at least have a little patience and lay off the knee jerk reactions to everything.

Amen.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    The character has unique boots that allow her to glide like that and some movement skills unlocked that allow for some of the more exotic movements (if I remember correctly). Theres a video on the EQN site that explains it.
  • GeschaeferGeschaefer Member Posts: 117

After many years of  being a MMORPG player, ive seen that old mantra -- (The devs cant please everyone) -- probably a few million times

For years ive agreed that they cant please everyone; but why in the name of god do they always chose to please children gamers.

G.E.Schaefer
    Played: EQ1. EQ2. FFXI. SWG. Aion. WAR. LOTRO. TabulaRasa. Hellgate London. Diablo 1. Diablo II. Diablo 3. STO. WOW. Vanguard. Guild Wars. Rift. Terra. The Secret World. EVE. Guild Wars 2. Firefall. Neverwinter.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Originally posted by Geschaefer

After many years of  being a MMORPG player, ive seen that old mantra -- (The devs cant please everyone) -- probably a few million times

For years ive agreed that they cant please everyone; but why in the name of god do they always chose to please children gamers.

I know right, VIDEO GAMES should only be designed with aging old men in mind. How dare they try to cater to a huge population of gamers that have access to disposable cash and that can spend countless hours playing while some of us actually have careers and social lives that don't revolve around gaming. Not to mention those "children" might have years and years of gaming to invest in a product, where some of us might not be gaming in a year or two do to real life obligations. So crazy.

I'm always blown away when "children" are top of the PVP charts and running high end raids in mmorpgs. Sometimes I feel so old and can't believe a 8 year old is my guild leader and running the whole deal from a computer they bought with their allowance.

Seriously though, I'm 31 and like everything that has been shown for EQN. I feel sorry for all the "adults" that obviously abandoned their inner child a long time ago.

I play VIDEO GAMES to be a kid again, not to feel old. I already play a realistic mature character the majority of the day, it looks exactly like I do, because it is me. I want to take a break from reality and have fun, not be punished by a game because it is designed only for hardcore serious gamers.

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591

I know right, VIDEO GAMES should only be designed with aging old men in mind. How dare they try to cater to a huge population of gamers that have access to disposable cash and that can spend countless hours playing while some of us actually have careers and social lives that don't revolve around gaming. Not to mention those "children" might have years and years of gaming to invest in a product, where some of us might not be gaming in a year or two do to real life obligations. So crazy.

I'm always blown away when "children" are top of the PVP charts and running high end raids in mmorpgs. Sometimes I feel so old and can't believe a 8 year old is my guild leader and running the whole deal from a computer they bought with their allowance.

Seriously though, I'm 31 and like everything that has been shown for EQN. I feel sorry for all the "adults" that obviously abandoned their inner child a long time ago.

I play VIDEO GAMES to be a kid again, not to feel old. I already play a realistic mature character the majority of the day, it looks exactly like I do, because it is me. I want to take a break from reality and have fun, not be punished by a game because it is designed only for hardcore serious gamers.

I love you!

Seriously I get enough of the permadeath ultra realistic mmorpg called Life. Life is hardcore enough. I don't want to play some middle aged man with a back problem. 

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

I agree. I'm 41 and now old enough to roll my eyes when I hear people in their 20s talking about making their magical cat people 'serious' looking. To me, that sentiment immediately gives away someone's youth.

There was a time period in the 70s when some people decided that Rock and Roll could be a serious, adult, sophisticated pursuit. We wound up with progressive rock bands that decided this looked like high art with true musicianship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_hM1dtRolY

And then there was a group of people that thought all their 'seriousness' attached to rock and roll was completely missing the point. Rock and Roll was about being loud and having fun. Learn three chords and jam.  And so the response was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy88-5pc7c8

I think the resistance against EQN ought to put on their capes and enjoy their 'serious' video games while we laugh at them and rock and roll.

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by Zorgo

I agree. I'm 41 and now old enough to roll my eyes when I hear people in their 20s talking about making their magical cat people 'serious' looking. To me, that sentiment immediately gives away someone's youth.

There was a time period in the 70s when some people decided that Rock and Roll could be a serious, adult, sophisticated pursuit. We wound up with progressive rock bands that decided this looked like high art with true musicianship:

And then there was a group of people that thought all their 'seriousness' attached to rock and roll was completely missing the point. Rock and Roll was about being loud and having fun. Learn three chords and jam.  And so the response was:

I think the resistance against EQN ought to put on their capes and enjoy their 'serious' video games while we laugh at them and rock and roll.

Seems like you are all missing the point and taking things to extremes about this. Bottom line, some people like more cartoony art style and over the top animations, while others like more realism and realistic gameplay. There is no right and wrong. People who like the more colorful, Disneyesque art are not all children or new gamers, and not all those wanting realism crotchety old men or hard core vets. The whole argument has gotten kind of ridiculous, as there isn't a right answer, but people take it so seriously and take or give offense to defend something that can't be proven right/wrong and won't change the others mind anyway.

As to the video/parkour thing, they should make it optional, or have other choices to fit the class/armor, or player preference. Ex. Have knight in full plate slide down side of hill/ridge instead of double-back axle flip.

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    Sorry, but I lost my "inner child" and "youthful innocence" when the Romulans invaded.

Once upon a time....

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750
    Originally posted by donpopuki
    Looking a lot better!

OMG!!!

My Druid Monk with six shooters dream...

Basically I pick whatever class can use duel guns, Then pick a few druid skills, then a few martial arts skills and move around like this as I shoot up the joint and cast swarm of bees and then ninja kick to the nuts!!!!!    BOOOM!!! dominated!!!!

• Rollcage8Rollcage8 Member Posts: 63

Overall game seems to be marketed similar to guild wars 2 ideals. 

Lots of flashy movement, open world filled with toys to pick up and throw or bash. 

Lots of flippy jumping as seen in the video.

Mix it with free to play and cosmetic cash shop and the ADHD kids play  for a whole 10 minutes everyday while buying cosmetic shinies off the cash store. 

Financial mmorpg success is achieved.

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    woot

gameplay > graphics

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Looks like a arcade game to me not a MMO. To each their own but for me the interest has been dropping fast to the point that it's not even on my radar anymore. I was looking for a cross between EQ and SWG not AOW and GW2. 
  • ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Originally posted by ropenice
    Originally posted by Zorgo

Seems like you are all missing the point and taking things to extremes about this. Bottom line, some people like more cartoony art style and over the top animations, while others like more realism and realistic gameplay. There is no right and wrong. People who like the more colorful, Disneyesque art are not all children or new gamers, and not all those wanting realism crotchety old men or hard core vets. The whole argument has gotten kind of ridiculous, as there isn't a right answer, but people take it so seriously and take or give offense to defend something that can't be proven right/wrong and won't change the others mind anyway.

As to the video/parkour thing, they should make it optional, or have other choices to fit the class/armor, or player preference. Ex. Have knight in full plate slide down side of hill/ridge instead of double-back axle flip.

And some, i guess even most, don't care either way as long as it is well made. I really couldn't give less if it is stylized or more realistc graphic style, as long as it looks ok, and even more important as long as the game is worth playing.

And all the age comments. I guess as older you get as less you care about such trifles. Just some "serious" grown up (15)20-25 year old really can complain that it looks not adult enough.. anyone above 30 would not care. At least my stance on that.. and i am one of those 30+ years old.

But i am really baffled how so many can complain about such a unimportant part of a game, which really does a whole lot of stuff completely different than the last batch of MMOs. And at the end of the day, as with WoW, noone really cared about the graphic style, and played it nevertheless. I don't know anyone stopped to play WoW because of the graphic style, but i know a lot stopped playing because a lot of other reasons.

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598
    Double jumps are nonsensical; you can't make a second jump in midair as there is no ground to launch your legs off of. Other than that, this seems to be appropriate content. I have seen this in other recent MMO's albeit to a lesser extent.
  • grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    So now i'm a little confused.  Are we going to be running around like in the video, doing crazy flips and matrix style moves while also doing our combat, kind of like Age of Wushu?  Or is this parkour stuff its own separate mode?

No, the way I understood it, we CAN move like this. I mean, if you glide down and move over small ledges, your character will animate like this, but high jumping and float you CAN do but have to do it actively.

I REALLY like this aspect. MMO chars were waaaay too stiff all these years. It is cool to see MMOs finally get characters who are capable of full 3-dimensional movement. :)

I dont understand why people are so acidic about this. Dont wanna jump, well then DONT. duh...

A hero is supposed to be a person on top form. I mean, you are going out killing dangerous stuff, so we can assume such characters are athletic and fit. It just adds some cool realism. Like swimming. The more realistic characters and worlds are, the better. (And before you tell me, REAL people cant jump like this, trust me, youtube it, some can. Plus, it is a MAGICAL world. So go figure.) it is just an EXAMPLE what you can do in the world. It is not that the game is a parcour game! Man, I swear sometimes I think some people just WANT to hate everything that is new! I know... unthinkable...

Look at the movies you took your icon from, and then point out  the times that Bilbo (or Gandalf or Strider or anyone) double jumped or had a blue flames animation come out of their back as they glided and get back to us.

The first stuff with hopping over the table, that was cool, but if you don't see that they've overdone it, which makes it not-cool, well, there's no hope.  You've lost perspective.

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750
    Originally posted by Ozivois
    Double jumps are nonsensical; you can't make a second jump in midair as there is no ground to launch your legs off of. Other than that, this seems to be appropriate content. I have seen this in other recent MMO's albeit to a lesser extent.

Double jumps are epic! Been doing those since nintendo started them up way way back. A double jump mid air helps get you further to a ledge you can't reach.....omg...