Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I haven't been able to log in for days

Comments

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314

A lot of this could have definitely been prevented by having a 15 minute AFK timer.  Then again, they have admitted that they grossly underestimated the response the game would get.  They literally thought, "Last game sucked, only so many players are going to come back."

Surprise SE!!  image

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus

A lot of this could have definitely been prevented by having a 15 minute AFK timer.  Then again, they have admitted that they grossly underestimated the response the game would get.  They literally thought, "Last game sucked, only so many players are going to come back."

Surprise SE!!  image

I dont buy that.  They had plenty of indication in several betas that there was massive interest.

• blackburn11blackburn11 Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

LOL @ OP and all the other geniuses talking about their subscription.  Nobody has paid a dime of subscription fees yet, and SE has already stated they plan to increase the free time because of the issues.  So really....you have no legs to stand on.  

Yes, it's annoying that you're having login issues....but when you're being compensated for it and still whining you just sound like children.

Well, you pay $30 to get the game initially.  Part of that 30 bucks goes towards the first month of play.

Regardless, when people pay money for a product and dont get it, they are bound to get mad.  I certainly wouldnt be so arrogant to say they dont have a leg to stand on.

I find SE's solution for the last week+ to be inadequate.  I think they put in place a system where the hardcore players will get in with either software to constantly autolog them in or because they will sit at their computer and try to log in for 30+ min.  I think this was a conscious decision because they new these fanatics would throw a fit if they couldnt get to lvl 50 in the first 3 days.  Meanwhile the casual player is just unable to get on since launch.

I know they are working to fix the issue and I know it will be fixed.  But how could it take them this long to get new servers live?  In wow and swtor they were adding servers daily to meet demand (if I remember correctly).  

I am frustrated and I know others are also.  But again, please keep trying to convince me why I have no right to be upset!

• blackburn11blackburn11 Member Posts: 46

Also... other than the hardcore, fanatic players that have been getting on because of their persistance... wont everyone else jump ship from their old servers to play on a fresh server without lvl 50s?

I think some will roll on new so they can get a fresh start and not be lvl 20 wtih level 50s running around.  I think some will reroll because their friends and family couldnt get on same server.  There are just lots of reasons for people to roll on these new servers.  

Guess I am wondering how many there will be and worried they will be overrun and swamped again.  

What I am really worried about would be SE's snail of a plan to address this new issue asap (as in a couple weeks!).

I have just never seen an MMO that has been unplayable for me from the final beta stage, through early access, and then through the first week of launch.  But.... I will keep waiting and eagerly play and give them money when they figure it out.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

I can't believe all of you people who buy something and actually expect it to work!

/sarcasm

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    You must be doing something wrong, many people not only log in regularly but are at or near level 50.

It's true there are login issues but a substantial portion of the player has managed to cope with it.

But if it really bothers you, ask for a refund and don't play. (or come back later)

This is part of the problem and not a good thing.

MOST casual players have had to put up with substantial amounts of #$%^ to log in.  Players that are at 50 have stayed AFK online for a majority of the time, refusing to log out, thus compounding the server queue issues.  On top of that these people have either played substantial amounts of time to already be 50, or the game is NOWHERE near as hard as players are claiming at end game.

• DecimanDeciman Member Posts: 101
    Originally posted by nilden

I can't believe all of you people who buy something and actually expect it to work!

/sarcasm

FFS just do a charge back already.  Or are you just going to complain non stop here until new servers are here?

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by blackburn11
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

LOL @ OP and all the other geniuses talking about their subscription.  Nobody has paid a dime of subscription fees yet, and SE has already stated they plan to increase the free time because of the issues.  So really....you have no legs to stand on.  

Yes, it's annoying that you're having login issues....but when you're being compensated for it and still whining you just sound like children.

Well, you pay $30 to get the game initially.  Part of that 30 bucks goes towards the first month of play.

Regardless, when people pay money for a product and dont get it, they are bound to get mad.  I certainly wouldnt be so arrogant to say they dont have a leg to stand on.

I find SE's solution for the last week+ to be inadequate.  I think they put in place a system where the hardcore players will get in with either software to constantly autolog them in or because they will sit at their computer and try to log in for 30+ min.  I think this was a conscious decision because they new these fanatics would throw a fit if they couldnt get to lvl 50 in the first 3 days.  Meanwhile the casual player is just unable to get on since launch.

I know they are working to fix the issue and I know it will be fixed.  But how could it take them this long to get new servers live?  In wow and swtor they were adding servers daily to meet demand (if I remember correctly).  

I am frustrated and I know others are also.  But again, please keep trying to convince me why I have no right to be upset!

EA was turning on and gating access to TOR to have a smooth launch. They weren't adding any servers they didn't have already.

That being said it can often be the final nail in the coffin, so to speak, to launch with tons of servers to only  have them all have to be merged. Merging has a negative appearance.

You have plenty of "right" to be upset. But there has been compensation put in place, as in not charging any days until the new servers go live. Laving any sort of viable complaint aside of "rage quit" out of the picture. You don't have to like it, but it is what you get.

On a "big picture" note, This is again some of the reasons I wont "launch" a MMO anymore. Jaded = happy in my case, at least where FF XIV is concerned.

Originally posted by Deciman

/sarcasm

FFS just do a charge back already.  Or are you just going to complain non stop here until new servers are here?

I'm not doing a charge back. I want to play the game. It is not letting me. 2002 1017 lobby server, server full, greyed out start button, not able to find NA/EU server list, 90000, it's a long list of login issues. I can not log in and it has been days much like the person who started this thread. I'm not happy that I can not use the product I paid for. I have just as much of a right to express myself on these forums as you do.

/sarcasm

I'm not doing a charge back. I want to play the game. It is not letting me. 2002 1017 lobby server, server full, greyed out start button, not able to find NA/EU server list, 90000, it's a long list of login issues. I can not log in and it has been days much like the person who started this thread. I'm not happy that I can not use the product I paid for. I have just as much of a right to express myself on these forums as you do.

Its like the servers are full and the login server is crashing...you know the same exact issue that has been happening a week now.

Can we just chill out until tomorrow when the new servers come?

If you cant wait 36 hours just do the charge back and move on already. 

Let me explain my position again and try to be clear. I feel it is justified and reasonable.

I do not want a charge back. I want the game to work. I will remain unhappy until it works.

Let me explain my position again and try to be clear. I feel it is justified and reasonable.

I do not want a charge back. I want the game to work. I will remain unhappy until it works.

Well enjoy your temper tantrum then.  Its what you want I guess.

Someone like yourself who gets mad over issues like this would benefit greatly from avoiding mmorpg launches for at least 2-3 weeks in the future.  For now ill assume this is your first major mmorpg launch so ill leave you be with your anger over it.

Unless you enjoy getting mad over silly launch issues.

• DrailliDrailli Member CommonPosts: 34
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    You must be doing something wrong, many people not only log in regularly but are at or near level 50.

It's true there are login issues but a substantial portion of the player has managed to cope with it.

But if it really bothers you, ask for a refund and don't play. (or come back later)

I have friends like that, she and he both are close to 50, the secret they never log their players out. So I don't know where you get that information. Players are dealing with it by simply not logging off which is causing a lot of the issues to begin with.

• DrailliDrailli Member CommonPosts: 34

Someone like yourself who gets mad over issues like this would benefit greatly from avoiding mmorpg launches for at least 2-3 weeks in the future.  For now ill assume this is your first major mmorpg launch so ill leave you be with your anger over it.

He has a right to complain and it's not a silly issue, wow had the same problem with to many players, they opened new servers and bought more hardware. SE is simply refusing to do so, and has been for over two weeks now. This was a problem in open beta, it wasn't like they didn't see it coming.

Originally posted by Drailli

He has a right to complain and it's not a silly issue, wow had the same problem with to many players, they opened new servers and bought more hardware. SE is simply refusing to do so, and has been for over two weeks now. This was a problem in open beta, it wasn't like they didn't see it coming.

Why do people like you play mmorpgs at launch if you are so hell bent at getting mad over common launch issues that happen with just about every game that is successful.

Same things happened with WOW, WAR, Aion, AOC,GW2, RIFT...I can think of more im sure.  But people like you are at every single launch, mad as hell....when all you have to do is wait a few weeks and its all rosey.

Baffles me tbh.

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

Why do people like you play mmorpgs at launch if you are so hell bent at getting mad over common launch issues that happen with just about every game that is successful.

Same things happened with WOW, WAR, Aion, AOC,GW2, RIFT...I can think of more im sure.  But people like you are at every single launch, mad as hell....when all you have to do is wait a few weeks and its all rosey.

Baffles me tbh.

Well, I usually don't defend the opening day complainers but I feel they have a legitimate gripe at this point.  Seeing as opening day was 9 days ago.  Also, these games are dependent on playing WITH your friends.  If your friends all had the luck to get on the server and not crash that leaves you playing an MMO with pugs a week and a half behind everyone you play with.  No one likes that sh!t.

You're right, MMO's never launch smoothly.  Only a couple have done it mildly bad.  The rest have been awful. All the games you mentioned though were at least playable at a week in.  Or close to it.   The devs in all those other games also worked their asses off to do SOMETHING about it at the time too.  You mentioned Aion.  The ques at launch may have been in the 5000's but at least there WAS a freakin' que.

In FF's case nothing is being done.  No server transfers, no new servers, no ques, no resetting the servers to get rid of afkers, no overflow servers. no patches to fix the actual problem, no anything.  Just a plain @#$% you, thanks for the money.  FOR DAYS!  All this in the second go around at a release for this game.  THAT is just plain bad service, and if you can't complain about crappy service what the hell can you complain about?

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Syno23
    SE launched a very polished and awesome game. That was Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. But good gosh, the server issues are too much. And I'm very upset about what happened to me and my friends. SE has failed, and I will continue to play their game, but I will also complain that if I cannot log into the servers, why should I continue to pay for subscription?

I'm not sure how long some of you are trying, but when I hear people saying hey can't get in at all, it leaves me scratching my head. It's a pain in the ass no doubt, but I get in every night. You just spam th damn thing for 3-5 mins and you're in. You shouldn't have to do it I agree, but it works.

• tankknattankknat Member UncommonPosts: 68

I agree that SE has failed... I've spent hours trying to get in game sometimes, but i wait it out and get in as per normal...

The one thing that gets me is my game activation code that SE sent me doesnt seem to work with my account, it provides some sort of error.

I've now put in 5 tickets asking for some sort of resolution or refund and this isthe email i get after 48 hours...

Dear Customer,

Due to the overwhelming volume of contacts received in regards to the upcoming launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we have regretfully been unable to respond to your request within the expected 48 hours. Because of this, your ticket has been closed in order to prioritise time-sensitive issues being reported during Early Access.

If you have not yet found a resolution for your issue, we ask that you create another ticket after searching our

Knowledge Base. Please also select the best category and sub-category pertaining to your issue.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience & understanding.

The Square Enix Support Centre team

I think this is total BS to be honest... wheres my 30 days free game time that was sold with the game???

SE has a great game, but how can they not figure out a good service team?

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    SE launched a very polished and awesome game. That was Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. But good gosh, the server issues are too much. And I'm very upset about what happened to me and my friends. SE has failed, and I will continue to play their game, but I will also complain that if I cannot log into the servers, why should I continue to pay for subscription?

I'm not sure how long some of you are trying, but when I hear people saying hey can't get in at all, it leaves me scratching my head. It's a pain in the ass no doubt, but I get in every night. You just spam th damn thing for 3-5 mins and you're in. You shouldn't have to do it I agree, but it works.

Tried all day yesterday and never got it.  Mostly could not even get to see the servers, but when I did get past that roadblock I found my server was full.  Spam the damn thing for 5 minutes, and then it boots me.  Try again and it cannot see the servers again.  So, no it doesnt work.  Today, same thing.

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261
    Originally posted by Praetalus

Haha, no.  If it was only a matter of 3 minutes of spam I don't think anyone would care.

Personally, I've been trying off and on for 3 days and I've only gotten into the game twice.   You are lucky, or the rest of us are unlucky, however you want to look at it.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Caskio

Best way to avoid the login issue is to log in during the wee morning hours and go AFK until you're ready to play later that day.  At least that's how I and others do it just so we can play.

Doesn't matter much to me anymore. I'm not going to sub.

Which you do realize is a problem also right?  lol...you should not be able to do that

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• sado2020sado2020 Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by Drailli

Baffles me tbh.

Been at all of them at launch and Ive never had to make a macro in a far off attempt to actually log on

I really like this game and kept my mouth shut about everything, especially since the devs seem adamant on fixing their mistake, a mistake they openly admitted.  But hearing others berate gamers when they have a valid right to complain is silly. People cannot log on, people cannot get on the servers, having to log on at 6 am  and hide afk is not a proper way to get on.  Gamers who spent the weekend, yes I know its high capacity and people are off but that's the damn point to get on and game with friends, trying to log on and weren't for the entire period.  I am not one of those people, but they have a full right to be pissed, they spent money expected a product with a certain level of quality control from a company and felt like they didn't get it.  And by what the company is saying they know they didn't deliver. 

Playing: TSW, D&D NW, Defiance (more the tv show than game >.> ) LotRO, DCUO

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

One thing i hope they do is at the same time they fix the login in the server issue they have right now is to add a disconnect option for afk people. Like that we could be sure to at least try to play. They could also add it right now to make sure everyone could try the game. 

My character is stuck at level 19 because of this. Also they should add the option of telling us what are the names of the storie quest for each class on there website so that people that by accident skipped a quest or something could find a way to finish it and get there chocobo :P  So much thing they should fix but first thing first. The server issue and the AFK people . They prevent all of us form playing. 

The worst of this is like one of the poster said he put himself afk at morning and play at night but dont even think he will sub after ???? What a douch that guy or girl is!!!

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Originally posted by tankknat

I agree that SE has failed... I've spent hours trying to get in game sometimes, but i wait it out and get in as per normal...

The one thing that gets me is my game activation code that SE sent me doesnt seem to work with my account, it provides some sort of error.

I've now put in 5 tickets asking for some sort of resolution or refund and this isthe email i get after 48 hours...

Dear Customer,

Due to the overwhelming volume of contacts received in regards to the upcoming launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we have regretfully been unable to respond to your request within the expected 48 hours. Because of this, your ticket has been closed in order to prioritise time-sensitive issues being reported during Early Access.

If you have not yet found a resolution for your issue, we ask that you create another ticket after searching our

Knowledge Base. Please also select the best category and sub-category pertaining to your issue.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience & understanding.

I think this is total BS to be honest... wheres my 30 days free game time that was sold with the game???

i learned this from ff11, it's a good tip when dealing with SqE.

use the phone support instead of making an online ticket.  it costs a LD phone call but its worth the headache.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• tankknattankknat Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by itchmon
    Originally posted by tankknat

Dear Customer,

i learned this from ff11, it's a good tip when dealing with SqE.

use the phone support instead of making an online ticket.  it costs a LD phone call but its worth the headache.

I would but I cant find there number... I'd use the live chat but the EU support doesnt seem to have that option nor does it have a phone number from what i can see... only gives me the option of email ticket... if you have the EU number that would be great :D