Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Review in Progress 1

12346»

Comments

• gambe1gambe1 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    This is why i always wait a month, or 3 before buying MMO. Many of them have shaky releases, mostly due the amount of people trying to play at release. 
  • MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223

The login issues mentioned are easily avoided, login during off peak hours and stay logged in. People are catching on to this, during peak hours, there are too many people trying to get in, so many that it exceeds the queue. There is no auto kick and from all indications from SE there won't be.

They stopped digital sales until they fix the server capacity. A lot of servers of been closed off to character creation. And the servers that weren't full have also filled up or are filling up fast.

I don't think anyone could have predicted such a mass exodus to ffxiv, but it would seem that word is getting out fast and furious, despite the server problems.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by Wicoa
    Originally posted by Unfriendly
    [mod edit]

As a customer this launch has not been poo to me. I have played 80% of the time I have wanted to except for one day when the issues were really bad.

Ditto. I started 'playing' on thursday (well, staring at the login screen) and from friday on I had no problem loggin in (hit the queue a few times but it was a question of minutes). I don't AFK over night either

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by Bootez
    I was hoping to read a review. Thanks for wasting my time complaining. I want to know if the game is good. Not if an MMO had MMO troubles during an MMO launch, just like every MMO to ever exist in the MMO genre. Thanks for nothing. 

Yeah what use will this article be in a couple of weeks when the servers issues are gone?

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

End game,End game....what about the journey, im just wondering where all this I NEED end game content came from, did EQ have End Game content? it seems no matter what mmo comes out or how much end game content it comes OUT with its never enough :P.

Almost all the end game content Ive seen consists of Dailies and grinding Raid/instiance finders for badges....idk i just have more fun getting to max level than i do grinding gear at max level, all this rush rush to end game then freak out becuase theres not much to do because you burnt threw it, i dont get. well maybe that because i dont have 8 hours a day to play lol.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by zaylin

End game,End game....what about the journey, im just wondering where all this I NEED end game content came from, did EQ have End Game content? it seems no matter what mmo comes out or how much end game content it comes OUT with its never enough :P.

Almost all the end game content Ive seen consists of Dailies and grinding Raid/instiance finders for badges....idk i just have more fun getting to max level than i do grinding gear at max level, all this rush rush to end game then freak out becuase theres not much to do because you burnt threw it, i dont get. well maybe that because i dont have 8 hours a day to play lol.

Sad to say that the journey is only a week long if all you do is level your main. I stopped at 30 and am working on crafting to prolong the journey. Not sure why but seems that all crafting requires alot of things that other crafters make after 20, so this could take a while.

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    MMORPG.com stole my idea! I was thinking of Illidan's quote "You are not prepared" during last week while struggling to get on the damn servers lol.

imageimage