Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End Game?

shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Apologies if this has been asked/addressed before.

Can anyone tell me what the end game is? PvP, raiding etc?

Comments

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by shakermaker0

Apologies if this has been asked/addressed before.

Can anyone tell me what the end game is? PvP, raiding etc?

They do not yet have PVP implemented as of yet. However I do think they are patching that in. Not sure when though.

I know they have raiding in as well, not sure how advanced that is though.

Dungeons as well are in there.

I would say visit the lodestone forums to get a general idea of what is in game as well as talk to players that are still playing the game.

Here is a link:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

I am wondering what happend to hardmode dungeons, they promised alternate versions of all dungeons at 50, but doesn't seem like they are anywhere to be found.

Honestly theres not much endgame right now, theres the primal fights, and then the Coil raid, thats about it, no pvp, no dungeons, no dailies.

Seems we have to wait for 2.1 to get most of what was promised.

• raas1337raas1337 Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by DMKano

I just hit 50 yesterday and killed Ifrit on hard mode (thanks to my guild), and now that I have the weapon I was wondering now what? Keep in mind this is my first FF game - my guildies have all played it before so they are pros, but I am still lost.

Thankfully I came across this post on Reddit:

"This post may contain a number of spoilers. It is also mainly directed towards people who want to raid and play the PvE part of the game (Originally a post I made in my Company forums).

Hi guys, I've collected a number of tips for you when you hit level 50, of what you should and shouldn't do, based on my own experience.

Don't clear your rank 3 Grand Company hunting log!

As of right now the highest rank possible for you in a grand company is a Second Insert GC Here Lieutenant. That means that you will be accumulating Company Seals without any dump!. Once more content is released, or we figure out a way to unlock the next rank, completing your rank 3 GC log will give you a huge boost of seals (around 14k). That means you will be able to enjoy the benefits of higher ranks FASTER.

Level a secondary profession!

As of right now, the best weapons in the game are the relic weapons offered by the quest you get when you defeat Ifrit (Hard). We need people to work on their professions because one of the requirements of the quest is to craft some kind of class-unique weapon. I have noticed that we will be needing blacksmiths and goldsmiths, but perhaps a few more. Don't be lazy!

Gear up!

There are a few different ways that you can gear up at the moment:

1) You can spam The Praetorium and Castrum Meridianum 8 man raids. This will give you Allagn Tomestones of Philosophy, which you can trade in for gear at Revenant's Toll (Mor Dhona). The vendor's name is Auriana and she is right next to the big Aetheryte.

EDIT: Note that I forgot to mention that The Praetorium and Castrum Meridianum do not drop any loot aside from the 100 Tomestones of Philosophy. However, they are MUCH easier than Amdapor Keep, which at first may seem like the most viable farming option. (Credit to thesircuddles).

2) Amdapor Keep and The Wanderer's Palace. These 2 dungeons are great because they offer you high-end gear AND Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology. Amdapor Keep offers more Tomestones and is also a lot harder (80 Philosophy and 40 Mythology for each full clear of Amdapor Keep).

3) Go and do Ifrit Hardmode. He drops item level 60 blue weapons for every job. Try to grab yours as fast as possible. Once you do have it, beating him again is quite useless since you only get a few tomes (so you are far better off clearing dungeons or raids).

4) If you've reached the rank of Second Lieutenant with your respective Grand Company, you may purchase a level 50 weapon for around 7000 seals. This will be a very good starting point to do Ifrit Hardmode with, or just improve you for dungeons and raids.

Last, but definitely not least: Don't be a douche. Try to keep a good attitude towards the people you are grouping with. It will yield better results in the long run, I promise you.

Thanks for reading and feel free to make any suggestions of your own, I would be very happy to learn from you too."

After that you need to clear Garuda Hard mode and then Titan Hard mode aswell(witch are not puggable right now so find your grp!)

After that you can unlock Binding Coil of Bahamut witch have 5"wings". And from what Yoshi says he belive less then 100ppl will be able to finish it before patch 2.1, i dont belive it personaly but i think number of 1000+ is more realistick, we will see. 

Hardmode dungeons(witch wont  be the same as normal, they will have opened parts that are now closed with extra bosses etc) +extreme mode primals are comming with 2.1 in ~3mounths +ofc Crystal tower 24man raid, said they told they will add new 50 lvl dungeon in 2.1. So yeh i would say i'm occupied with work until next patch.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    i dont really get people who do rush to the cap and then complain that there is not enough things to do. i have highest level 21 so far and enjoying the game without rushing over things.
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by raas1337
    Originally posted by DMKano

I just hit 50 yesterday and killed Ifrit on hard mode (thanks to my guild), and now that I have the weapon I was wondering now what? Keep in mind this is my first FF game - my guildies have all played it before so they are pros, but I am still lost.

Thankfully I came across this post on Reddit:

"This post may contain a number of spoilers. It is also mainly directed towards people who want to raid and play the PvE part of the game (Originally a post I made in my Company forums).

Hi guys, I've collected a number of tips for you when you hit level 50, of what you should and shouldn't do, based on my own experience.

Don't clear your rank 3 Grand Company hunting log!

As of right now the highest rank possible for you in a grand company is a Second Insert GC Here Lieutenant. That means that you will be accumulating Company Seals without any dump!. Once more content is released, or we figure out a way to unlock the next rank, completing your rank 3 GC log will give you a huge boost of seals (around 14k). That means you will be able to enjoy the benefits of higher ranks FASTER.

Level a secondary profession!

As of right now, the best weapons in the game are the relic weapons offered by the quest you get when you defeat Ifrit (Hard). We need people to work on their professions because one of the requirements of the quest is to craft some kind of class-unique weapon. I have noticed that we will be needing blacksmiths and goldsmiths, but perhaps a few more. Don't be lazy!

Gear up!

There are a few different ways that you can gear up at the moment:

1) You can spam The Praetorium and Castrum Meridianum 8 man raids. This will give you Allagn Tomestones of Philosophy, which you can trade in for gear at Revenant's Toll (Mor Dhona). The vendor's name is Auriana and she is right next to the big Aetheryte.

EDIT: Note that I forgot to mention that The Praetorium and Castrum Meridianum do not drop any loot aside from the 100 Tomestones of Philosophy. However, they are MUCH easier than Amdapor Keep, which at first may seem like the most viable farming option. (Credit to thesircuddles).

2) Amdapor Keep and The Wanderer's Palace. These 2 dungeons are great because they offer you high-end gear AND Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology. Amdapor Keep offers more Tomestones and is also a lot harder (80 Philosophy and 40 Mythology for each full clear of Amdapor Keep).

3) Go and do Ifrit Hardmode. He drops item level 60 blue weapons for every job. Try to grab yours as fast as possible. Once you do have it, beating him again is quite useless since you only get a few tomes (so you are far better off clearing dungeons or raids).

4) If you've reached the rank of Second Lieutenant with your respective Grand Company, you may purchase a level 50 weapon for around 7000 seals. This will be a very good starting point to do Ifrit Hardmode with, or just improve you for dungeons and raids.

Last, but definitely not least: Don't be a douche. Try to keep a good attitude towards the people you are grouping with. It will yield better results in the long run, I promise you.

Thanks for reading and feel free to make any suggestions of your own, I would be very happy to learn from you too."

After that you need to clear Garuda Hard mode and then Titan Hard mode aswell(witch are not puggable right now so find your grp!)

After that you can unlock Binding Coil of Bahamut witch have 5"wings". And from what Yoshi says he belive less then 100ppl will be able to finish it before patch 2.1, i dont belive it personaly but i think number of 1000+ is more realistick, we will see. 

Hardmode dungeons(witch wont  be the same as normal, they will have opened parts that are now closed with extra bosses etc) +extreme mode primals are comming with 2.1 in ~3mounths +ofc Crystal tower 24man raid, said they told they will add new 50 lvl dungeon in 2.1. So yeh i would say i'm occupied with work until next patch.

There are no hardmode dungeons tho.