Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Sony PS4 is Superior to Xbox One.

xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

First to our Xbox fans, Seriously congratulations! I am happy to see Microsoft is making a effort to get you guys up to speed with technology. I say this, because really I cannot take anymore of the new stuff Xbox One is going to have. Why? Because all the things Microsoft announced they will have with Xbox One is already here. For those of us who own a PS3. All these great improvements have been standard issue for those who own a PS3. To prove a point, I am typing this post on my PS3. As my Dell wireless keyboard and mouse are completely compatible with my PS3. And vice-versa. My PS controllers,headsets, or any of the numerous PS products are compatible with my Dell.

These are standard features with a PS3. Just imagine on a PS4.  Now, I will just list the things that make Sony the sure winner on this contest of Xbox One vs PS4. I will be just using this PS3 to prove it too(With a small segment or two about the PS4). Here are the features the PS3 has, let alone what the PS4 will have.

PS3: Usb ports, External HD capability http://compare.ebay.com/like/160795255141?var=lv . 

Use of the Cloud. As of now the Cloud is used on PS3 for storage. But here is something you Xbox guys need to know

! http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/sony-will-launch-cloud-gaming-service-for-ps3-ps4-and-vita-in-2/

The above details are most available to just us who use PS3's. So now lets take a look at the software ability. I will once again just use my ps3 without having to say much concerning the PS4(Dont worry I will). One of the cool things I love about my PS3 is the amount of games and entertainment my PS3 brings. Now I would like you Xbox One guys to take note. These are games currently on PS3 since the PS4 does not release til November.

Current big titles: Dc Online(MMORPG) Battlefield 3 and 4 including all of 3s premium expansions. Defiance(FPSMMORPG),COD, COD Ghost, CODMW(All of them) Every imaginable sports game NCAA Football2014 ect. I also will mention the number one and highly successful mmorpg thats advertised on this site Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn is on the PS3(Wont ever see a Xbox!). Let me repeat that ITS #1!

Now that you have a idea of BIG titles just on the PS3. I will also explain some of the other PSN capabilities. As a Plus member to the PSN network I get free games. Battlefield 3 is free as a plus member. Also get games like Darksiders,Gods of War Ascension. Just a few examples. That is not counting the generous discounts a plus member gets when buying titles at the PS Store. Which is our next stop.

The PS store. Unlike Xbox live the PS Store ROCKS! I can buy retro games from sega to PS one, PS II. Games like Sonic the Hedgehog, Crash Bandicoot, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Tactics, Destrega, All the Final Fantasys(Well most of them). Nobunagas Ambition, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Sim Hospital, Sim ThemePark.. You name the title, if it was out on PS1,II, or some genesis, its most likely here. My favorite games are Wizardry and Command and Conquer Retaliation.  Most of these titles are 9.99 or less with discounts given as a psplus member.

Xbox Live cannot touch this.Xbox One cant touch this. Now to some other things the PS3 has over Xbox. Xbox allows Netflix and Vudu. Ps 3 allows them as well. Facebook, twitter, all the normal multimedia outlets. As well as surfing. But PS3 and 4 have a one up. You see PS3 has Ultraviolet. This allows me to watch movies from my ps3 while im at work on my android. Xbox doesnt have that :-).

So now that you know alot of the capabilities of just a PS3, lets take a fair look into the PS4 and Xbox One. The PS4 will have all the above plus next gen graphics, stability, much bigger hard drive, cloud. The Xbox One will have the same next gen graphics and bigger hard drive. The stability though is questionable! Also Xbox One will have some games, but not like the PS 4!

Now to the games, ever wonder why Microsoft wont give a release date on the next Halo? Thats probably because Bungie which owns the original source codes to Halo did not give them to 343, but did give them the franchise! This can be best expressed in Bungies soon to be released Destiny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Jx5__c1lY Which will be on PS4 and PC only. Has real night and day, with real lighting to show for it. As well as real as possible weather. The game is a big notch above anything that Xbox One and Microsoft currently has except Titanfall. Of all the titles coming out on Xbox One, only one title actually looks very good. That is Titanfall. If any game has the ability to win over new Xbox One users that will be it!

Another game coming out on PS4 besides all the one mentioned on PS3 and the PS Store. A  Next gen MMORPG, EQNext: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro_EBdVJTmk Also available on the PC.

So as one can see. The PS4 will be just that much better than a Xbox One! Besides the endless games and entertainment. The PS4 is still 100 dollars cheaper than Xbox One without rebates!. With more of everything as well as no biometric thumbprints or retinal scans as required for Microsofts newest version of Kinect. PS has PS Move which is virtually the same thing, but without having detailed biometric scans.

The PS 3 evens out Xbox One in most areas. And people try to compare Xbox One to the new PS4! Good Luck with that!

Sony has Microsoft beat by a long shot! And as always, sticks by its gamers!

P.S To our Xbox One supporters! You are right Xbox One does get Diablo 3!  But we get Diablo 3 released Sept 13th on the PS3 :-)

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
  • IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Looks like someone's check came in today.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Originally posted by Mannish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q_Htuio8y0         image

What will the Xbox One be able to do with the cloud that an ordinary desktop couldn't do five years ago?  PCs today have far more robust and versatile cloud capabilities than the Xbox One will ever have.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

The Sony has marginally better hardware that may or may not make a difference. It depends as much on the software and the compilers used as it does the hardware in this contest.

Sony is giving the end user more, for less money. Things that the end user is already paying for, or that comes free on the internet will not cost extra on the PS4, while it will cost extra on the XB1.

Players can record and stream their games on the PS4 without having a PS+ membership.

These are the things where Sony has a clear advantage over Microsoft. Microsoft's policies were initially an issue, but they backed off on a lot of them, so in that regard, consumers win regardless of the console they choose.

The XB1 does have the Kinect, but I don't see that as a clear advantage so much as it is a gimmick, and in some ways it's really just something that increases the cost of the XB1, without giving the end user anything of value. It's a wonky control, less reliable than pushing a button and it is certainly less efficient that pushing a button to do the same thing. I don't think everyone is sold on the Kinect, and certainly not at $100 more than the PS4.

I think the Sony is a better deal in general, the end user gets more, for less money. I think that's going to be the deciding factor.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• shepp629shepp629 Member Posts: 6
    O my where to start with this non sense ...

Originally posted by xpowderx

First to our Xbox fans, Seriously congratulations! I am happy to see Microsoft is making a effort to get you guys up to speed with technology. I say this, because really I cannot take anymore of the new stuff Xbox One is going to have. Why? Because all the things Microsoft announced they will have with Xbox One is already here. For those of us who own a PS3. All these great improvements have been standard issue for those who own a PS3. To prove a point, I am typing this post on my PS3. As my Dell wireless keyboard and mouse are completely compatible with my PS3. And vice-versa. My PS controllers,headsets, or any of the numerous PS products are compatible with my Dell.

I have controllers , headsets and usb keyboards that  plug right into my xbox 360 and also my PC that i swap back and forth at will. 

These are standard features with a PS3. Just imagine on a PS4.  Now, I will just list the things that make Sony the sure winner on this contest of Xbox One vs PS4. I will be just using this PS3 to prove it too(With a small segment or two about the PS4). Here are the features the PS3 has, let alone what the PS4 will have.

PS3: Usb ports, External HD capability http://compare.ebay.com/like/160795255141?var=lv . 

USB ports - see above ,

External hd -  you can have a 32 gb mem stick but with a 250 gb hd built in and direct streaming from my pc who needs the xbox to connect to a 2 tb drive ...

Use of the Cloud. As of now the Cloud is used on PS3 for storage. But here is something you Xbox guys need to know

! http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/sony-will-launch-cloud-gaming-service-for-ps3-ps4-and-vita-in-2/

A guy already posted a link with the Xbox one and cloud storage.

The above details are most available to just us who use PS3's.

This is laughable.. honestly ..

They have this new thing called the internet, crazy stuff i tell ya...

So now lets take a look at the software ability. I will once again just use my ps3 without having to say much concerning the PS4(Dont worry I will). One of the cool things I love about my PS3 is the amount of games and entertainment my PS3 brings. Now I would like you Xbox One guys to take note. These are games currently on PS3 since the PS4 does not release til November.

Current big titles: Dc Online(MMORPG) mediocre game and yes i played it for a good amount of time.

Battlefield 3 and 4 including all of 3s premium expansions. Defiance(FPSMMORPG),COD, COD Ghost, CODMW(All of them) Every imaginable sports game NCAA Football2014  - ALL on xbox

ect. I also will mention the number one and highly successful mmorpg thats advertised on this site Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn is on the PS3(Wont ever see a Xbox!). Let me repeat that ITS #1

#1 is a tough thing to say when the game just released. Sure its prolly selling more than most MMO out right now because there is not too much else out there. But they are having a ton of server issues and had to halt digital sales because the servers cannot handle the load.  I havent played this one myself but time will tell how good it will be. But i highly doubt with all the new MMOs out it will stay number one for very long.

Now that you have a idea of BIG titles just on the PS3. I will also explain some of the other PSN capabilities.

You mean the same BIG titles that is also on xbox ? i fail to see your point... 

As a Plus member to the PSN network I get free games. Battlefield 3 is free as a plus member. Also get games like Darksiders,Gods of War Ascension. Just a few examples. That is not counting the generous discounts a plus member gets when buying titles at the PS Store. Which is our next stop.

Ill give you this one PS plus does offer free games , however XBL is following suit and has offerd Dead Rising series for free and a few other titles and during the month of September you can get Magic 2013 and several others for free as well.

The PS store. Unlike Xbox live the PS Store ROCKS! I can buy retro games from sega to PS one, PS II. Games like Sonic the Hedgehog, Crash Bandicoot, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Tactics, Destrega, All the Final Fantasys(Well most of them). Nobunagas Ambition, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Sim Hospital, Sim ThemePark.. You name the title, if it was out on PS1,II, or some genesis, its most likely here.

Besides a few nostalgic moments who really cares to play retro games... i bought current or next gen system to play current or next gen games.

My favorite games are Wizardry and Command and Conquer Retaliation.  Most of these titles are 9.99 or less with discounts given as a psplus member.

Xbox Live cannot touch this.Xbox One cant touch this.

See above for XBL. As far as Xbox one you have no idea what they are going to offer on Live.

Now to some other things the PS3 has over Xbox. Xbox allows Netflix and Vudu. Ps 3 allows them as well. Facebook, twitter, all the normal multimedia outlets. As well as surfing. But PS3 and 4 have a one up. You see PS3 has Ultraviolet. This allows me to watch movies from my ps3 while im at work on my android. Xbox doesnt have that :-)

Ultraviolet has nothing to do with PS3 it is its own service. So you can watch it on any mobile device even if you dont own a gaming system at all. 

So now that you know alot of the capabilities of just a PS3, lets take a fair look into the PS4 and Xbox One. The PS4 will have all the above plus next gen graphics, stability, much bigger hard drive, cloud. The Xbox One will have the same next gen graphics and bigger hard drive. The stability though is questionable! Also Xbox One will have some games, but not like the PS 4!

Really ?? Tell me again about how the PSN has never been down for weeks at a time and just recently came on par with XBL as far as connections and reliability.

Now to the games, ever wonder why Microsoft wont give a release date on the next Halo? Thats probably because Bungie which owns the original source codes to Halo did not give them to 343, but did give them the franchise! This can be best expressed in Bungies soon to be released Destiny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Jx5__c1lY Which will be on PS4 and PC only.

While your linking stuff for Destiny , link this preorder page from the games website where it clearly lists XBOX one as an option ..... http://www.destinythegame.com/wheretobuy

Has real night and day, with real lighting to show for it. As well as real as possible weather. The game is a big notch above anything that Xbox One and Microsoft currently has except Titanfall. Of all the titles coming out on Xbox One, only one title actually looks very good. That is Titanfall. If any game has the ability to win over new Xbox One users that will be it!

See above

Another game coming out on PS4 besides all the one mentioned on PS3 and the PS Store. A  Next gen MMORPG, EQNext: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro_EBdVJTmk Also available on the PC.

You got me on this one

So as one can see. The PS4 will be just that much better than a Xbox One! Besides the endless games and entertainment.

Endless ????

The PS4 is still 100 dollars cheaper than Xbox One without rebates!. With more of everything as well as no biometric thumbprints or retinal scans as required for Microsofts newest version of Kinect.

Please stop making stuff up.

PS has PS Move which is virtually the same thing, but without having detailed biometric scans.

The PS 3 evens out Xbox One in most areas.

See above again 

And people try to compare Xbox One to the new PS4! Good Luck with that!

P.S To our Xbox One supporters! You are right Xbox One does get Diablo 3!  But we get Diablo 3 released Sept 13th on the PS3 :-)

Only valid point you made was PS4 will be getting some exclusive games like EQN but you also left out Planetside 2 which is amazing.  The rest is either a flat out lie or your opinion with no facts to back it up. Nice try though...

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by shepp629
    O my where to start with this non sense ...

I have controllers , headsets and usb keyboards that  plug right into my xbox 360 and also my PC that i swap back and forth at will. 

USB ports - see above ,

External hd -  you can have a 32 gb mem stick but with a 250 gb hd built in and direct streaming from my pc who needs the xbox to connect to a 2 tb drive ...

I waited on this because I wanted to enjoy at least a couple days of my labor day weekend. But I do have a response. As to the first two paragraphs,  they are in response to these Xbox supporters comments on different posts about the Xbox One. I never said anything about the Xbox 360 having the same things as a PS3. Which it does in some things.

A guy already posted a link with the Xbox one and cloud storage.

The above details are most available to just us who use PS3's.

This is laughable.. honestly ..

They have this new thing called the internet, crazy stuff i tell ya... I know right! The only thing Xbox One will have at launch. But we get as well :-P

So now lets take a look at the software ability. I will once again just use my ps3 without having to say much concerning the PS4(Dont worry I will). One of the cool things I love about my PS3 is the amount of games and entertainment my PS3 brings. Now I would like you Xbox One guys to take note. These are games currently on PS3 since the PS4 does not release til November.

Current big titles: Dc Online(MMORPG) mediocre game and yes i played it for a good amount of time.

Battlefield 3 and 4 including all of 3s premium expansions. Defiance(FPSMMORPG),COD, COD Ghost, CODMW(All of them) Every imaginable sports game NCAA Football2014  - ALL on xbox

ect. I also will mention the number one and highly successful mmorpg thats advertised on this site Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn is on the PS3(Wont ever see a Xbox!). Let me repeat that ITS #1

#1 is a tough thing to say when the game just released. Sure its prolly selling more than most MMO out right now because there is not too much else out there. But they are having a ton of server issues and had to halt digital sales because the servers cannot handle the load.  I havent played this one myself but time will tell how good it will be. But i highly doubt with all the new MMOs out it will stay number one for very long. Any new top notch mmo with over a million copies sold on its first day of launch worldwide is going to have server issues.(Example) WOW's launch had the same issues! As did GW2!

Now that you have a idea of BIG titles just on the PS3. I will also explain some of the other PSN capabilities.

You mean the same BIG titles that is also on xbox ? i fail to see your point... In other posts Xbox One supporters claim the same big titles, except as shown in my post. All those big titles are already out on our lower grade systems (Xbox 360 and PS3)

As a Plus member to the PSN network I get free games. Battlefield 3 is free as a plus member. Also get games like Darksiders,Gods of War Ascension. Just a few examples. That is not counting the generous discounts a plus member gets when buying titles at the PS Store. Which is our next stop.

Ill give you this one PS plus does offer free games , however XBL is following suit and has offerd Dead Rising series for free and a few other titles and during the month of September you can get Magic 2013 and several others for free as well. That good that Microsoft is trying to follow Sonys PSPlus! Microsoft may actually retain some of its customer base!

The PS store. Unlike Xbox live the PS Store ROCKS! I can buy retro games from sega to PS one, PS II. Games like Sonic the Hedgehog, Crash Bandicoot, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Tactics, Destrega, All the Final Fantasys(Well most of them). Nobunagas Ambition, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Sim Hospital, Sim ThemePark.. You name the title, if it was out on PS1,II, or some genesis, its most likely here.

Besides a few nostalgic moments who really cares to play retro games... i bought current or next gen system to play current or next gen games. Thats personal preference! Some of the best RTS and best single player RPGs are retro games!

My favorite games are Wizardry and Command and Conquer Retaliation.  Most of these titles are 9.99 or less with discounts given as a psplus member.

Xbox Live cannot touch this.Xbox One cant touch this.

See above for XBL. As far as Xbox one you have no idea what they are going to offer on Live. After PSplus has been around for how long? About TIME!

Now to some other things the PS3 has over Xbox. Xbox allows Netflix and Vudu. Ps 3 allows them as well. Facebook, twitter, all the normal multimedia outlets. As well as surfing. But PS3 and 4 have a one up. You see PS3 has Ultraviolet. This allows me to watch movies from my ps3 while im at work on my android. Xbox doesnt have that :-)

Ultraviolet has nothing to do with PS3 it is its own service. So you can watch it on any mobile device even if you dont own a gaming system at all. True! But on a PS3 you dont have to be a PSplus member to use it. Unlike Xbox where Xbox Live(XBL) is required to use Netflix, Vudu, Hudu or Ultraviolet!

Really ?? Tell me again about how the PSN has never been down for weeks at a time and just recently came on par with XBL as far as connections and reliability. Its been a very stable  service. Please note I stated service. The only time Sony has had a significant outage was when Sony was hacked. Please read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Network_outage

Other than that one moment, PSN has been very stable as well as much more secure!

Now to the games, ever wonder why Microsoft wont give a release date on the next Halo? Thats probably because Bungie which owns the original source codes to Halo did not give them to 343, but did give them the franchise! This can be best expressed in Bungies soon to be released Destiny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Jx5__c1lY Which will be on PS4 and PC only.

While your linking stuff for Destiny , link this preorder page from the games website where it clearly lists XBOX one as an option ..... http://www.destinythegame.com/wheretobuy  Did not know they went to both consoles. Good for Bungie!

Has real night and day, with real lighting to show for it. As well as real as possible weather. The game is a big notch above anything that Xbox One and Microsoft currently has except Titanfall. Of all the titles coming out on Xbox One, only one title actually looks very good. That is Titanfall. If any game has the ability to win over new Xbox One users that will be it!

See above

You got me on this one

So as one can see. The PS4 will be just that much better than a Xbox One! Besides the endless games and entertainment.

Endless ????

The PS4 is still 100 dollars cheaper than Xbox One without rebates!. With more of everything as well as no biometric thumbprints or retinal scans as required for Microsofts newest version of Kinect.

Please stop making stuff up.  As to Xbox'a new connect, whos making stuff up? Here is a excerpt from Microsoft itself concerning the new Kinect.  "

The new Kinect's field of view is 60% larger than the original's, and can recognize up to six individual people. Xbox One's new camera also detects people up to four feet closer, making its use in smaller rooms much more practical. It can also recognize specific facial expressions.

Even more impressively, Microsoft claims the new Kinect can read the player's biometrics and scan their heartbeats. Microsoft states that gathering data on when the player is scared or excited opens the door for countless creative opportunities in games. (Some of which may be more scary than exciting). Which can be found here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/microsoft-reveals-next-gen-kinect

Dont need no game system reading my heartbeats!! Please feel free to read the yellow part again!

PS has PS Move which is virtually the same thing, but without having detailed biometric scans.

The PS 3 evens out Xbox One in most areas.

See above again I do see above again! And I still concur that the PS3 has almost everything the Xbox One says it will have. I also know that PS3 has something Xbox 360 and Xbox One dont have! Free Netflix, Vudu, Hudu and Ultraviolet, as well as a Blueray player! Xbox makes you get XBL to access those features!

And people try to compare Xbox One to the new PS4! Good Luck with that!

Only valid point you made was PS4 will be getting some exclusive games like EQN but you also left out Planetside 2 which is amazing.  The rest is either a flat out lie or your opinion with no facts to back it up. Nice try though...

Here is a quote from a friend Zanpakoutu at one of my other forums I frequent. I think it can be best applied here: 

Xbox One had to go and change a lot of the features they announced due to fan backlash. Whenever a company has to take back what they said, it is never a good sign.

Good Day!

• RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112

When you learn how to write proper English your opinions may mean something and might even be persuasive. Until then, all I see is unsubstantiated fanboism.

I don't know any of those ridiculous titles you cite other than of course FF:ARR. But try Halo, Diablo, Gears of War, the Capcom library, etc., for AAA titles that mean something. And don't even try to compare to XBLA.

Sorry about the diminishing empire that is Sony. 

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Originally posted by bestever

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/free-trial/?WT.mc_id=azurebg_us_sem_google_br_top_nontest_trialpage

This is the xbox one cloud.

Also the only reason final fantasy 14 ARR isn't on the xbox is because they won't do cross servers but that could always change and guess what FF14 would be on xbox. So I wouldn't say never. Making things up to have a excuse. Final Fantasy Anything has never been on any Microsoft Xbox System. But it did sound good huh?. While you are at it, care to share any Squaresoft game that made it to Xbox? If there is one then its a gaming miracle!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-09-final-fantasy-14-a-realm-reborn-isnt-coming-to-xbox-due-to-microsoft-not-allowing-cross-platform-play

Ohh, boy, another misinformation article! Get real! Squaresoft has a solid relationship with Sony. Always has! They have pretty much a negligible or zero relationship with Microsoft unless its with concern to PC!

Also I like the games on the xbox one more then what I've seen on the PS4 and I like the kinect, might not use it much for gaming but I'll use it for other things. I hope you enjoy it! Is not for me!

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Regnor

When you learn how to write proper English your opinions may mean something and might even be persuasive. Until then, all I see is unsubstantiated fanboism.

I don't know any of those ridiculous titles you cite other than of course FF:ARR. But try Halo, Diablo, Gears of War, the Capcom library, etc., for AAA titles that mean something. And don't even try to compare to XBLA.

Sorry about the diminishing empire that is Sony. 

+1

• mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162

hmm i am currently looking at my xbox 360 final fantasy 13 version and right next to it is my final fantasy 11 online version....

Mind Blown....

i own a xbox 360 might make the switch to ps4 not sure yet.. 

The only con i can find to the ps4 is online play is horrible and hardly competetive compared to xbox,

ps has some crappy fps controllers for me xbox controller is simply amazing.

Xbox has a much better starting lineup then the ps4 i will give xbox those 3 things but thats it. 

For me it will come down to what my friends buy because I own a ps2 and a xbox 360 so i can play on anything. But i dislike the kinect because it can be hacked into and i'm bored of there franchise games halo ect.

This guy post is really cute tho.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Squaresoft has games on XBOX360

http://www.square-enix.com/na/game/xbox360/

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445

after much deliberation i also went and preordered the ps4.

my reasons:

ive had my ps3 for 4 years, and not once it has had any sort of problem., whereas 3  people i know  have gone through at least one xbox.

i like the fact that playstation does not charge per month to access their servers. so i can watch netflix, without paying a charge on top of  the rest.

i like the fact that i can download free games, demos, movies, as well without paying the server access charge , aka xbox live

i like the fact that the playstation move wands will be compatable with the playstation 4 too,  not many companies support backwards on hardware.

i also like the fact that ill be able to stream my favorite ps3 titles to the ps4 as well.

i did like the idea of voice on the xbox one, but ps4 will also offer this with the camera,

and well, kinect is nice, but i dont dance in front of a tv, and like the gun adaptor that fits the move wand.

all in all, its not the specs per say, but the performance of the ps3 that really swayed me.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

Originally posted by Regnor

I don't know any of those ridiculous titles you cite other than of course FF:ARR. But try Halo, Diablo, Gears of War, the Capcom library, etc., for AAA titles that mean something. And don't even try to compare to XBLA. We have Diablo3 and Capcom Library on PS3 already. Why do those titles need to be on a PS4

Sorry about the diminishing empire that is Sony. LOL, here is some fun facts about this diminishing empire you call Sony: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=22245006&CAWELAID=1941070449&cagpspn=pla&pla=plat&camp=PLAPPC-_-PID16207620&KPID=16207620

And: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-PS4-Standard-Edition/dp/B00CMQTVQO

And: http://www.gamestop.com/ps4

Just a few! Sold OUT!

Now lets look at that which is Microsoft(Real Data). http://profit.ndtv.com/news/market/article-microsoft-loses-34-billion-market-value-in-a-day-324747

And: http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/18/4535976/microsoft-lost-900-million-on-surface-rt

And: http://theweek.com/article/index/245638/why-microsofts-xbox-one-has-already-lost-to-sonys-ps4

If you consider Sony a diminishing empire, then it is one I want to stick with!

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I remember back in the day fervently championing one console over another. It was a fun phase. OP, when you get older and see these posts you made you will have a chuckle and maybe a little self /facepalm. All in good fun.

Originally posted by Nadia

Squaresoft has games on XBOX360

http://www.square-enix.com/na/game/xbox360/

Thank you Nadia :-)

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/free-trial/?WT.mc_id=azurebg_us_sem_google_br_top_nontest_trialpage

Also the only reason final fantasy 14 ARR isn't on the xbox is because they won't do cross servers but that could always change and guess what FF14 would be on xbox. So I wouldn't say never. Making things up to have a excuse. Final Fantasy Anything has never been on any Microsoft Xbox System. But it did sound good huh?. While you are at it, care to share any Squaresoft game that made it to Xbox? If there is one then its a gaming miracle!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-09-final-fantasy-14-a-realm-reborn-isnt-coming-to-xbox-due-to-microsoft-not-allowing-cross-platform-play

Ohh, boy, another misinformation article! Get real! Squaresoft has a solid relationship with Sony. Always has! They have pretty much a negligible or zero relationship with Microsoft unless its with concern to PC!

Also I like the games on the xbox one more then what I've seen on the PS4 and I like the kinect, might not use it much for gaming but I'll use it for other things. I hope you enjoy it! Is not for me!

LOL got to love it a true fan boy here guys. I can see its time to move on because talking to you is like talking to a wall. That's why final fantasy XI is on the xbox 360 and is done the same way its done on the PS2,PS3 and the PC. 

http://www.destructoid.com/square-explains-why-there-s-no-final-fantasy-xiv-for-xbox-257794.phtml
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/09/final-fantasy-14-a-realm-reborns-xbox-360-snub-is-due-to-microsofts-policies-says-square/
    http://www.ibtimes.com/final-fantasy-14-realm-reborn-not-coming-xbox-360-or-xbox-one-heres-why-1338851

Yep making things up I can do this all night fanboy. This is the only reason FF14 isn't on the 360 and X1 but keep those fanboy blinders on. Oh and your kingdom hearts is coming to xbox.

That's good to know! Another reason to not buy Xbox. Due to Microsofts restrictions Thank you! Would rather play a open free console system than one where its restrictive! Like I said, enjoy your Xbox!

Quote: "Developer Square-Enix has confirmed that the game’s absence is due to Microsoft’s continued reluctance to share game servers with other platforms."

LOL got to love it a true fan boy here guys. I can see its time to move on because talking to you is like talking to a wall. That's why final fantasy XI is on the xbox 360 and is done the same way its done on the PS2,PS3 and the PC. 

http://www.destructoid.com/square-explains-why-there-s-no-final-fantasy-xiv-for-xbox-257794.phtml
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/09/final-fantasy-14-a-realm-reborns-xbox-360-snub-is-due-to-microsofts-policies-says-square/
    http://www.ibtimes.com/final-fantasy-14-realm-reborn-not-coming-xbox-360-or-xbox-one-heres-why-1338851

Yep making things up I can do this all night fanboy. This is the only reason FF14 isn't on the 360 and X1 but keep those fanboy blinders on. Oh and your kingdom hearts is coming to xbox.

That's good to know! Another reason to not buy Xbox. Due to Microsofts restrictions Thank you! Would rather play a open free console system than one where its restrictive! Like I said, enjoy your Xbox!

Quote: "Developer Square-Enix has confirmed that the game’s absence is due to Microsoft’s continued reluctance to share game servers with other platforms."

I plan on it. Has great GAMES that I can't wait to play. In the end I wouldn't play mmo's on a console that's what I have a PC for. I picked up FF14 on PC and not the ps3 for a reason. 

The only title that looks good for me on Xbox is Titanfall. Ryse is utter garbage. Has PS2 graphics! Titanfall is crisp and clean and looks to have solid gameplay.  The only reason I would touch a Xbox One is for that game. I dont want to pay 499 for a single game. So Xbox is out of my future!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

I plan on it. Has great GAMES that I can't wait to play. In the end I wouldn't play mmo's on a console that's what I have a PC for. I picked up FF14 on PC and not the ps3 for a reason. 

The only title that looks good for me on Xbox is Titanfall. Ryse is utter garbage. Has PS2 graphics! Titanfall is crisp and clean and looks to have solid gameplay.  The only reason I would touch a Xbox One is for that game. I dont want to pay 499 for a single game. So Xbox is out of my future!

Worth noting that Planetside 2 which is already out there, is imo, a better game than Titanfall anyway, and, it is i believe also coming to the PS4 in the near future. oh, yeah, its also a F2P game, although there is a certain amount of P2W in the game, in the form of weapon unlocks etc. Also worth bearing in mind that Planetside 2 probably will have more players/map than Titanfall.

Someone earlier mentioned a HD figure of 250 gb, which if true, is a ridiculously small HD, i know that for me at least, i have 1 TB, and am looking to increase it again by another 1TB by adding another hard drive, of course this is on a PC, but anything under 500 gb is a bit limiting due to the increasingly large games that are coming out, and they will probably only get bigger.

DDR3 is not the same as DDR5, and if your GPU is using system memory, which both consoles do, then thats a huge factor. if you check out all the modern GPU's you will see that they all use DDR5, DDR3 is okay for system memory, but if your doing anything serious with your GPU, then you need DDR5. The Xbone should have used a mix of DDR3 for system memory, and DDR5 for GPU memory, that they didnt, indicates a high degree of short sightedness.image

• MalinkadinkMalinkadink Member UncommonPosts: 79

A lot of crap the OP was spewing is untrue and total nonsense but other things were true. The way i see it is Sony has/will win this generation. The 360 had a head start but the PS3 caught up in sales eventually and has had far more superior exclusive games the most recent being Last of Us which may i add was fantastic. 

As far as Xbone vs PS4 hardware wise the ps4 crushes the xbone their CPUs are pretty much equal but the PS4 has 1152 shaders vs Xbone's 768, by no means is 33% more shaders marginal. That is a very noticeable advantage and we will see higher detailed exclusive titles on the ps4 when compared to the xbox, though multiplats will more or less look the same. 

Here is a good chart showing the hardware differences between the systems including the Wii U if that even matters here 

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

In conclusion i really see Sony winning this generation, just look at Amazon, PS4 is the #1 sought after item in the video games section while the Xbone has been lurking in the 40s or so. Its blatantly obvious who is winning, E3 was a cake walk for Sony, its already gg. I'll be getting a PS4 for myself on launch day, but will also have a Xbone in the living room because the pops wants it for the family since he likes Kinect, i know i'll play forza on it since i liked Forza 3 on the 360 but as for other games idk.

PS: Any xbot who trys to justify Xbox superior and how its the best is a blatant fanboy who needs to accept defeat. American products *rolls eyes*, Japanese all the way baby 

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211

I don't want to get involved in the whole debate as people's prejudices already run deep. I will say that I recognize the PS4 will be significantly cheaper what I will say though and I'm probably the only one in this thread (although I haven't read it) is the Kinect has a lot more potential than we've seen to date. Imagine a Kinect with a VR headset for example. Now that seems to be a way off even for the PC but I'm willing to pay more for the Xbox one over the PS4 basically because I believe the Kinect has the potential to give us something great and it needs to be said they've improved it significantly.

• RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246
    The bottom line is the OP basically started a pointless thread on a beaten subject to simply try and stroke his ego (which failed due to inaccuracies and false-facts).  The more mature posters have already stated that the whole console war is pointless simply because people are going to play what they want regardless of what an obviously biased post says.  My wallet says I can have both but I won't.  I've always enjoyed playing my Xbox over my PS3, it's all about the games for me and the PS, though it has a decent selection of strong games, just doesn't hold up to what I enjoy playing on the Xbox (Gears of War, Halo, Forza, etc.) but that is my opinion and you won't see me going "Obviously this system is better than this one because of my false-facts".

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Mannish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q_Htuio8y0         image

You realize that the cloud is just another word for internet right? a simple multiplayer feature in a game is a cloud powered gaming.

Im getting both consoles...but ummm dont tell someone they are making things up without getting your own facts straight, makes you look pretty stupid. Because Final Fantasy 11 the other mmo is on Xbox 360 and yes they share the servers with PC and PS2.  So yes it is a possibility in the future that ARR might come to Xbox One.  And there are plenty of other games on xbox from square heres a list:

Final Fantasy 11

Final Fantasy 15 - Xbox One

Final Fantasy 13 - 2 and Lighting Returns

Kingdom Hearts 3 - Xbox One

Infinite Undiscovery - 360 Exclusive

The Last Remnant

Murdered Soul Suspect - Xbox One

and many more that are published by square-enix like Tomb Raider and Deus Ex Human Revolution.

All that boasting really makes you look like a sad pathetic fanboy

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

It's not about which one is superior. If your a hardcore gamer, you'll go with whichever one has your exclusive title of choice. For the most hardcore, that will be both.

It's not a mutually exclusive decision. It's not like it's illegal to have both if you wanted to.

And for many, many people, it will be neither. People are moving away from their TV's. A lot of companies (i.e. cable companies) haven't really figured that out yet. Everyone thought for the last 2 decades that the holy grail of entertainment was commanding the living room, but we have just found out that isn't the case. People like big screens, sure, but they ~love~ mobility.

Smart Phones, tablets, wearable peripherals: those things aren't "the future" of gaming, they have been the present since 2007 and we are looking at devices beyond them. You may think it sucks playing on a cell phone held sideways, but guess what, 1.7 BILLION downloads of Angry Birds alone says the market doesn't care what you think.

The more than 750 MILLION Android devices and 500 MILLION iOS devices (all of which can be considered gaming platforms of some sort or another) also say your console is irrelevent. You can add up every console ever sold from every generation, and not come close to the number of portable devices out there, and those have only existed since 2007.

I'm not even including "portable consoles" in my numbers above for my portable argument. If you look at the last link for best selling consoles, the number of Gameboys (in their various incarnations: DS, 3DS, Advance, etc) have pretty much equaled the number of TV-based consoles in sales. Those I don't include in my mobile/portable device argument; they are single purpose for gaming, but they are mobile, I'll let you stick them in whichever category you want to... because it doesn't matter. The number of smartphone/tablets so overwhelms consoles, even without portable gaming devices, that it's more or less irrelevent if you consider Gameboys consoles or portable devices.

We've moved way beyond consoles already. They may be next-gen, but that's like looking at a new and improved horse & carriage right after watching a Model T put down the road. The TV may never die out completely, but it's definitely not the mecca that everyone always thought it was - and consoles fatally tied themselves to that wagon.

So, I say - who cares. I may buy one, I may not. Depends on if they release any games I really care about... and the last time I checked, Zelda wasn't on either of them.

Originally posted by Ridelynn

It's not about which one is superior. If your a hardcore gamer, you'll go with whichever one has your exclusive title of choice. For the most hardcore, that will be both.

It's not a mutually exclusive decision. It's not like it's illegal to have both if you wanted to.

And for many, many people, it will be neither. People are moving away from their TV's. A lot of companies (i.e. cable companies) haven't really figured that out yet. Everyone thought for the last 2 decades that the holy grail of entertainment was commanding the living room, but we have just found out that isn't the case. People like big screens, sure, but they ~love~ mobility.

Smart Phones, tablets, wearable peripherals: those things aren't "the future" of gaming, they have been the present since 2007 and we are looking at devices beyond them. You may think it sucks playing on a cell phone held sideways, but guess what, 1.7 BILLION downloads of Angry Birds alone says the market doesn't care what you think.

The more than 750 MILLION Android devices and 500 MILLION iOS devices (all of which can be considered gaming platforms of some sort or another) also say your console is irrelevent. You can add up every console ever sold from every generation, and not come close to the number of portable devices out there, and those have only existed since 2007.

We've moved way beyond consoles already. They may be next-gen, but that's like looking at a new and improved horse & carriage right after watching a Model T put down the road.

So, I say - who cares. I may buy one, I may not. Depends on if they release any games I really care about... and the last time I checked, Zelda wasn't on either of them.

So when you come home from school or work or just when your home in general you would rather play games on your cell phone than on the big screen or PC?  And if your friends come over are you all playing on your cell phones instead of playing games like Tekken or Madden or Battlefield with each other on a big screen?

yea mobile games are great for when people are mobile, but to most gamers it will never replace the living room experience.  No one is moving away from their TVs, Comcast still makes more money than Netflix and other similar.  No one is going to choose watching the super bowl or world cup on a cell phone over a TV unless they have to if their outside.  Most people dont like to wait an entire year to watch the new season of their favorite show either on things like Netflix, while new episodes are broadcasting already on cable.

And thats great for angry bird but I bet all those 1.7 billion likes to sit in their living room and watch TV too.

I dont think any gamer wants to play the next Elder Scrolls on a smart phone or tablet.