Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVERQUEST NEXT New Gameplay video from PAX 2013

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Nikopol

It's unrealistic alright, but I for one love this sort of unrealistic stuff in games.

I guess we could consider ourselves lucky, just watching Brad playing Saint's Row IV...does the parkour thing with a thong riding up the chick's...smiling cheeks.

That'll be next weeks reveal, I 'spose.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

It looks terrible................... it looked like one episode of Tomb Raider

It has a strong Arcade feel that I don't particularly like

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I said it before and I'll say it again, all those animations are cute and all, but ultimately meaningless (esp for pvp) when you aren't executing each and every move.

They've already stated that those moves will automatically happen as you traverse the terrain. Which means, all you have to do is press space bar and hold forward for instant parkour. And that's lame.

At least in Age of Wushu you get to control the flight actions which makes for tactically interesting combat as you have to anticipate which move your opponent might do. Whereas in this, they're just animations (like the Night Elf flip in WoW) which amount to nothing more than that, animations.

And here I thought this threat would actually showcase some "gameplay" and not just "someone pressed jump while running".

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    So everyone is a super hero doing 200 yard jumps with twist, slips and spins.. Nice..  What is the name of the game again.. EQGymnastics?
  • xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805
    Originally posted by Rydeson
    So everyone is a super hero doing 200 yard jumps with twist, slips and spins.. Nice..  What is the name of the game again.. EQGymnastics?

cool huh?

hope you guys like it it's what the masses are asking for....

With every little bit of info released im staying further and further away from this abomonation wich is not everquest. but (random title Next). I have to say the dwarfs look oke as a Dwarf fan i kinda like em.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    the thought of an ogre mage doing this destroy any immersion left.  When everyone is special nobody is, to all of u thinking "ohhh its cool",i dont want to burst ur bubble but everybody is capable of doing this, even full armored chars played by 5 years old. enjoy ur arcade trash,
  • georgatos7georgatos7 Member Posts: 54

Awesome. That's the game all the kids were waiting for...

I like the building video though.

• kellian1kellian1 Member UncommonPosts: 237

Only conclusion I can make are skateboards will be now obviously be "mounts" in the game (including the ever rare hoverboard from back to the future).

In all seriousness...I get that some of that looks pretty cool, but this has newly released game exploiting written all over it

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Yea cuz mmo characters werent super at all before this with their magic and being able to kill big dragons and monsters.  It was so much more realistic...

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Looks amazing, looks like alot of fun. Really glad the focus will not be a gallery of next gen graphics, pushing graphics usually means the game is going to be a mess, just so it can have the best graphic. Which means a week later it 2ill get beat out by the next game 5hat comes along.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by TsaboHavoc
    the thought of an ogre mage doing this destroy any immersion left.  When everyone is special nobody is, to all of u thinking "ohhh its cool",i dont want to burst ur bubble but everybody is capable of doing this, even full armored chars played by 5 years old. enjoy ur arcade trash,

Right because no one likes Arcade Games. News flash, not every MMO needs to be the same. You don't have to play it, variety is the spice of life. I enjoy a lot of game styles.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    I must apologize my self for comments before, they did not copy wow movement, they copied Firefall
  • killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Originally posted by TsaboHavoc

i will, ill also be playing it on both my high end computer and on  the playstation 4 ive allready preordered and paid for , on my 60 inch samsung 3d tv while sitting on my awesomely comfortable leather couch drinking my favorite brand of rum.

cheers

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• KharishaKharisha Member Posts: 38

My favourite comments here are about "game for kidzzz" or "Game for the massezzzz" or "Tis gem haz nO phYscs"

Well, screw you. I'm 24 and I'm looking forward to this game. I guess I'm a kid and mass audience at the same time and devs should milk me at best and blah blah blah. What a load of s.. Seriously.

The movement system here is no more then a demo of EQLandmark and it looks amazing compared to anything that was before it. 

you can always pretend to be adult and wait for uninspired Black Desert for example and by playing it you can prove that you are old fart that is looking for shaders, tesselation and other stuff that 99% of gamers does not need. In fact you can contribute to the forum on how awesome you are.

I should add that EQNext is first of all a VIDEOGAME and it does the most important part in it compared to any modern POS MMO out there right now. Fun Factor. End of story.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Originally posted by Kharisha

My favourite comments here are about "game for kidzzz" or "Game for the massezzzz" or "Tis gem haz nO phYscs"

Well, screw you. I'm 24 and I'm looking forward to this game. I guess I'm a kid and mass audience at the same time and devs should milk me at best and blah blah blah. What a load of s.. Seriously.

The movement system here is no more then a demo of EQLandmark and it looks amazing compared to anything that was before it. 

you can always pretend to be adult and wait for uninspired Black Desert for example and by playing it you can prove that you are old fart that is looking for shaders, tesselation and other stuff that 99% of gamers does not need. In fact you can contribute to the forum on how awesome you are.

I should add that EQNext is first of all a VIDEOGAME and it does the most important part in it compared to any modern POS MMO out there right now. Fun Factor. End of story.

Total agreement. So tired of all the haters that want a game to be more punishment then entertainment. Complaining that a game is not designed for 40 year old men. I was 17 or so when EQ came out. It was not designed for old men, sorry to break it to everyone that thinks it was some mature, dark, realistic themed fantasy game.

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Acrobatics here are overkill and unnecessary. Doesn't connect with the game's universe imo. Anyway guys, don't base your hype on graphics, we all know the core of an MMO are the combat mechanics diversity (skills, talent trees, etc).

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Tomb Raider
  • KharishaKharisha Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by k-damage
    Acrobatics here are overkill and unnecessary. Doesn't connect with the game's universe imo. Anyway guys, don't base your hype on graphics, we all know the core of an MMO are the combat mechanics diversity (skills, talent trees, etc).

While I agree you should not judge this video much. It is a demo from Everquest Landmark. There is a possibility that the class "Adventurer" that they announced has abilities to travel so fast and he cn jump like a monkey :D

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I'm not liking that style at all.  I'll have to try it out first though.  It might surprise me, depending on how it meshes with actual combat and gameplay.
  • MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213
    I clicked on this hoping for GAMEPLAY video, not just another running & jumping around clip which is what this is.  Why is everybody so fascinated by running and jumping?  A big hoopla about the next big thing, yet they just can't for the life of them show us anything worth watching.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by xeniar

cool huh?

hope you guys like it it's what the masses are asking for....

With every little bit of info released im staying further and further away from this abomonation wich is not everquest. but (random title Next). I have to say the dwarfs look oke as a Dwarf fan i kinda like em.

Strikes me as a demand from the console gamer masses.  I was hoping for a serious PC MMO, sigh.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

fits the cheesy cartoon graphics quite well, little kids are gonna love this game!!

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    So, let me get this right. You are okay with rogues being able to stealth in broad daylight right in front of people, wizards summoning elemental spells, teleportation, a guy who can transform into a bear, two tons of dragon flying through the air on inadequate wingspans and bikini mail that has the same stats as the guy's full chain... but you can't accept some gymkata parkouring with people turning in mid air?

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

We'll get back to you 3 months after the games released and ask how you how well all that "fun" held up for you.  You may be 24 and excited about this, and im sure there are plenty of early 20's as well that are just as excited, but i assure you this game will have a terrible community.  Its going to be filled with nanosecond attention span teens and tweens and is going to make the DOTA 2 community look mature.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

We'll get back to you 3 months after the games released and ask how you how well all that "fun" held up for you.  You may be 24 and excited about this, and im sure there are plenty of early 20's as well that are just as excited, but i assure you this game will have a terrible community.  Its going to be filled with nanosecond attention span teens and tweens and is going to make the DOTA 2 community look mature.

Yeah.. well. thats a fair bet, isn't it? Because every damn community out there is like that the last ten years. And beside of that i guess the community will be better than in a lot of other MMORPGs.

Because.. simply put.. creativity and sandbox gameplay usually connects people a little bit more as any 0815 themepark.

Ok. so a little bet? Wildstar, TESO or EQN, what will be the best and what will be the worst community? I bet EQN will not the worst out of those 3, even that it is F2P and F2P don't make communities any better, but usually worst.