Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I haven't been able to log in for days

Comments

• DecimanDeciman Member Posts: 101
    Originally posted by Pluppets

Ultimate Easy-mode fix for logging in:::::

--> http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?3343-Kreugen-s-1017-macro <--

Still, they need to add AFK kicking + a larger queue.

No...things are not so simple or the issue would have been fixed with the flip of a switch.

Don't be so naïve.

The only fix is more capacity via new servers and bandwidth, which will happen next week.

Running a macro to spam you into the game is only going to make things worse for everyone else.

• PluppetsPluppets Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by Deciman

No...things are not so simple or the issue would have been fixed with the flip of a switch.

Don't be so naïve.

The only fix is more capacity via new servers and bandwidth, which will happen next week.

Running a macro to spam you into the game is only going to make things worse for everyone else.

I'm offering a quality of life improvement, and you're trolling me about making it worse for everyone else?  As if better than 80% aren't already using something like this to login?

Also, yes derp- I realise that they need more bandwidth/servers, but AFK kicking and the queue size are serious problems.

In the interest of liberating the login weary, my word choice was admittedly a bit daft...but...talk about naïve!

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Servers will be fixed Tuesday (God, I sound like a broken record... MAYBE it's because 10000x special unique butterflies needed to post their OWN comments on their OWN threads because the 10 other ones on the RECENT list weren't good enough).

I'm going back to playing now.  Have fun hitting 0 or whatever.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Don't be so naïve.

I'm offering a quality of life improvement, and you're trolling me about making it worse for everyone else?  As if better than 80% aren't already using something like this to login?

In the interest of liberating the login weary, my word choice was admittedly a bit daft...but...bahahaha, talk about naïve!

I think he was refering to your larger queue and afk kicking comment. Not the easy mode fix for logging in. People keep saying larger queue's and auto kicking would fix things. It really wouldn't. It would be the same as using a bandaid on victim that has been stabbed, shot, and burned image

Queuing people onto an already over crowded server just doesn't work. If your cap is say 3000. Sure you could queue people in pass that. But it create problems. As well as at a certain point the server will just simply crash or you will see alot of disconnects. I mean would you all really prefer those WoW style mega queue's only to get on play for 5 mins and have server boot you or just flat out crash? You have your 3000 cap but have 6000 people that want to play on their server. You simply can't just let them all on. You have to think about the gameplay quality for the people that can or are on. I know it's shitty for the other 3000 that can't but is it better for some people to be able to play. Or have a situation where no one can play? I know which one I'd pick.

Auto kicking AFKer's. Doesn't do much either. There are ways around it, and those same people (the more serious ones) already have ways of assuring they automatically log back in.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Servers will be fixed Tuesday (God, I sound like a broken record... MAYBE it's because 10000x special unique butterflies needed to post their OWN comments on their OWN threads because the 10 other ones on the RECENT list weren't good enough).

I'm going back to playing now.  Have fun hitting 0 or whatever.

Why do you keep reading these threads if they bother you so much?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 271
    If they would just boot the afkers this problem would fix itself.  it makes no sense that you can remain logged in afk for weeks at a time.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by ubermut
    If they would just boot the afkers this problem would fix itself.  it makes no sense that you can remain logged in afk for weeks at a time.

The fine folks in Japan pay by the min. thus the reason for afk folks.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

just do it for na/eu servers, and just until tues or whenever they get this sorted out.

• c0existc0exist Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Originally posted by Caskio
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by Caskio

Best way to avoid the login issue is to log in during the wee morning hours and go AFK until you're ready to play later that day.  At least that's how I and others do it just so we can play.

Doesn't matter much to me anymore. I'm not going to sub.

Then get off the servers and let those that are going to sub play.  I personally have had no problem logging in but for those that cant i say GTFO.  Theres no reason for you to be playing if you dont plan on subbing.  

just do it for na/eu servers, and just until tues or whenever they get this sorted out.

I concure but the folks at SE seem to learn the hard way, me I'll just go fishing

[mod edit]

MAGA
  • BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    You must be doing something wrong (or they are), some people not only log in regularly but are at or near level 50.

It's true there are A LOT of login issues but a small portion of the player base has managed to cope with it.

But if it really bothers you, ask for a refund (good luck with that) and don't play. (or come back after they say it's been addressed, only to find out that you have the same login issues again)

fixed.

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334

For the people complaining, It is understandable. However, do not say that you can't get in. You can get in, you just don't want to take the time to do it.

lol...

Right, because spending 30-60 minutes spamming a login window, for the off chance that you'll "get lucky" is a completely reasonable thing to expect people to do. And shame to anyone who isn't insane enough to waste hours away over the course of several days doing it!

Sorry, I tried that route - 5 days/evenings in a row. And I will say, quite bluntly: I could not get in. Period. End of discussion.

The closest I got was a queue that lasted about 2 minutes, only to kick me with a "world is full" error as reward for my persistence.

Other than that, I got into queue for various other spans of time, upwards of about 5 minutes, with the same result. And again, at those times, while I was getting the "queue -> world is full" routine, others were slipping right in. A few others on TS were having the same issue.

It got to the point where we concluded (as in, the others getting in, those not getting in, and myself) that there must have been an issue regarding region or something, because it made no sense otherwise that I get "world is full", and then others are getting in as much as ~10 seconds later.

The apologist attitudes of others over this issue - making excuses for it, insisting, like you, that "if you can't get in, then you're just not trying" and all this has only soured me on it even more, because it's just a crock. Even funnier how the people telling others to "stop complaining" or of "how it's not that difficult to log in", are often the same people who are staying AFK for hours on end, helping to make a bad situation even worse. Talk about hypocrisy.

And, lest I be dismissed as "just some hater who spent $30 on the game and now is "acting all entitled" (another BS remark going around by some), I'm a 1.0 Legacy player. I bought the CE back then, played right up 'til they took the servers down. Hence, I was given ARR CE for "free" and didn't have to spend another dime to play it. Regardless, I was impressed enough by what Yoshi-P and co had done, that I wanted to show further support by spending an additional $90 on the PS3 CE. That's how much I was behind this game.

The events since Open Beta, EA, and now launch, with SE's terrible response (apologies and vague promises of "improvements in the future" only go so far), and the absolute ugliness that's come out in many of ARR's community over it, when considered altogether, has really eroded my interest in the game.

I'll likely still come back and try it again at some point, and hence will keep following it. But this rolling trainwreck of a launch, SE's insufficient response to it, and the abhorrent attitude of a large portion of the community has seriously killed off most of the excitement I once had about it.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I dont see the logic.  If they pay by the minute then why bother staying logged in?  Wouldnt they save money by logging off?

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Ayulin

For the people complaining, It is understandable. However, do not say that you can't get in. You can get in, you just don't want to take the time to do it.

lol...

Right, because spending 30-60 minutes spamming a login window, for the off chance that you'll "get lucky" is a completely reasonable thing to expect people to do. And shame to anyone who isn't insane enough to waste hours away over the course of several days doing it!

Sorry, I tried that route - 5 days/evenings in a row. And I will say, quite bluntly: I could not get in. Period. End of discussion.

The closest I got was a queue that lasted about 2 minutes, only to kick me with a "world is full" error as reward for my persistence.

Other than that, I got into queue for various other spans of time, upwards of about 5 minutes, with the same result. And again, at those times, while I was getting the "queue -> world is full" routine, others were slipping right in. A few others on TS were having the same issue.

It got to the point where we concluded (as in, the others getting in, those not getting in, and myself) that there must have been an issue regarding region or something, because it made no sense otherwise that I get "world is full", and then others are getting in as much as ~10 seconds later.

The apologist attitudes of others over this issue - making excuses for it, insisting, like you, that "if you can't get in, then you're just not trying" and all this has only soured me on it even more, because it's just a crock. Even funnier how the people telling others to "stop complaining" or of "how it's not that difficult to log in", are often the same people who are staying AFK for hours on end, helping to make a bad situation even worse. Talk about hypocrisy.

And, lest I be dismissed as "just some hater who spent $30 on the game and now is "acting all entitled" (another BS remark going around by some), I'm a 1.0 Legacy player. I bought the CE back then, played right up 'til they took the servers down. Hence, I was given ARR CE for "free" and didn't have to spend another dime to play it. Regardless, I was impressed enough by what Yoshi-P and co had done, that I wanted to show further support by spending an additional $90 on the PS3 CE. That's how much I was behind this game.

The events since Open Beta, EA, and now launch, with SE's terrible response (apologies and vague promises of "improvements in the future" only go so far), and the absolute ugliness that's come out in many of ARR's community over it, when considered altogether, has really eroded my interest in the game.

I'll likely still come back and try it again at some point, and hence will keep following it. But this rolling trainwreck of a launch, SE's insufficient response to it, and the abhorrent attitude of a large portion of the community has seriously killed off most of the excitement I once had about it.

Quoted for truth and well said.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Originally posted by svann

I dont see the logic.  If they pay by the minute then why bother staying logged in?  Wouldnt they save money by logging off?

It is why SE does not boot afk.

MAGA
    Originally posted by Four0Six
    Originally posted by Syno23
    SE launched a very polished and awesome game. That was Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. But good gosh, the server issues are too much. And I'm very upset about what happened to me and my friends. SE has failed, and I will continue to play their game, but I will also complain that if I cannot log into the servers, why should I continue to pay for subscription?

First what you should do is go read any of the official SE announcements about how they are adding new servers and will be compensating players.

Adding new servers wont help servers that already have too many characters created on them, unless MANY people reroll on a new server (unlikely) or they allow server xfers soon (also unlikely) AND many people take advantage. 

What they actually said was that as people spread out among the zones they will be able to raise the login limit (up to 5k max).  However that even that hope is flawed.  Game design indicates that even when people are higher level they will be coming back to the low level zones to level their alternate classes.  And besides that, people will be leveling multiple crafting classes exclusively (afaik) in the cities.  How will that mass of people ever "spread out"?  Not soon, I dont think.  And certainly not this wednesday.

Mark my words - come wednesday, this problem is not going away.

deleted because not worth thread space to respond
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    You don't have to pay for a sub till the end of the 30 free days.
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    You don't have to pay for a sub till the end of the 30 free days.

There are no free days.  The first 30 days is included in the price of the box. 

• DecimanDeciman Member Posts: 101
    SE launched a very polished and awesome game. That was Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. But good gosh, the server issues are too much. And I'm very upset about what happened to me and my friends. SE has failed, and I will continue to play their game, but I will also complain that if I cannot log into the servers, why should I continue to pay for subscription?

First what you should do is go read any of the official SE announcements about how they are adding new servers and will be compensating players.

Adding new servers wont help servers that already have too many characters created on them, unless MANY people reroll on a new server (unlikely) or they allow server xfers soon (also unlikely) AND many people take advantage. 

What they actually said was that as people spread out among the zones they will be able to raise the login limit (up to 5k max).  However that even that hope is flawed.  Game design indicates that even when people are higher level they will be coming back to the low level zones to level their alternate classes.  And besides that, people will be leveling multiple crafting classes exclusively (afaik) in the cities.  How will that mass of people ever "spread out"?  Not soon, I dont think.  And certainly not this wednesday.

Other than the free transfers they are giving so people can migrate to new servers....

Other than the free transfers they are giving so people can migrate to new servers....

I dont find that message anywhere.  Got cite?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

No he is not doing anything wrong,they KNEW of server issues from certain regions in last Beta and claimed they fixed them.However without another test how would they know,that is the part that pisses me off,you can't say it is fixed without testing it.

I seriously don't know how there could be a problem unless it is as simple as some servers not working properly.

If everyone lets them know,then there should be a statement by now on the situation at hand.

Ok so i did a little research and i guess there is something happening as of Wednesday ...MAYBE lol.

Apparently they have the new servers and are doing internal testing.If the testing is favorable they will do all worlds maintenance on Wednesday.However that also means if not favorable means no go for Wednesday.This still bothers me because Yoshi says "internal testing" that is no way shape or form mimics the REAL server load and i highly doubt he is that stupid and doesn't realize it.

My gut feeling is this,the REAL truth is probably that they don't have more servers yet and are just buying time hoping they come in by Wednesday or they have some other plan in the works.He did mention something about transferring server loads to less populated ones,so maybe there really is not any new servers coming,just some new worlds by thinning out the free space.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    I log in everyday~ On a Japanese server :3

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• PuffingtonPuffington Member Posts: 35

You know if I can say one thing it's this. Although I am annoyed as all hell that I cannot log in, I'm annoyed because from the amount of time I have been able to play, the game is fantastic! At least I have something to look forward too, most MMO launches for me are ruined by the crappy game they release. At least this time I have some hope that the servers will get fixed and there will be an awesome game waiting for me!

TLDR;

It's a damned good game with shitty server, which is a lot easier to fix than a damned bad game with perfect servers. 

• Zohdi118Zohdi118 Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    You must be doing something wrong, many people not only log in regularly but are at or near level 50.

It's true there are login issues but a substantial portion of the player has managed to cope with it.

But if it really bothers you, ask for a refund and don't play. (or come back later)

Folks are at or near 50 because they are logging in in the morning and not logging out of game for days.  Thus keeping servers full.  I have only been able to log in over this Labor Day weekend for 4 hours of game play.  My character fell through world on Saturday morning and I haven't been able to log back in since.  Players shouldn't have to cope with awful customer service.  Because its ok for the passive folk, like yourself, its not ok at all.

Definitely one of the worst launches since AO and SWG in terms of login server problems.  Gameplay is fairly smooth/good if you can get in. It is a good thing that the 30 days free doesn't start until SE gets their shit together.