Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about asking for a refund :(

ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
Don't get me wrong, the game as a game is pretty fun. But no matter how fun it is, if you can't play, you're just torturing yourself trying to get in. And it only seems to be getting worse. Yesterday I somehow managed to log in, and played for 2 hours until my client crashed. Today I wasn't able to play even once. Even 1.0 was more stable. I mean come on, you'd think that releasing the same game for the second time, SE would put in a little more effort. I know there are a lot of similar posts, but people have the right to be angry, after they've been fooled for the second time now. Also some may say, it's just the launch, give it time. Well we've already given them time. This isn't beta anymore.

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Not even 2 weeks into a MMO launch. Get a grip. This is a online service and can happen. We waited 3 years to fix this game we can wait a few weeks to let them fix the service problems. Also Yoshi has said no one is getting charged till they get the servers running. Only one MMO had as many problems at launch was WoW and look how that turned out. I got so much free time from server down time when WoW launched I almost had 2 months free with my 30 days free.
  • moondragomoondrago Member UncommonPosts: 47
    i agree 100% .. i bought  early access and  every time i try to  play  the  servers  are either  down or full .. i manged to get in today only after  trying for  like  1/2 hour  .. was in for  about  1 hour when the game  crashed  .. once i got  it back up again the NA server  are not  there  ... this is pitfull... free time  dont do  any good if you cant  get into the  damn  game !!!!!

its a GoOd dAy to diE !!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

They going to expand capacity coming wednesday and also add New servers.

They also going to give everyone 7 extra free days after wednesdays maintenance.

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330
    Are they giving out refunds? cause if it ain't fixed by wednesday (maintenance) i will also consider getting a refund...
    If this upset you this much go get a refund now lol. When the server problems are fixed their will be lots of people to take your spots lol. The game is not broken this is a network problem lol. 
  • aliton12aliton12 Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Odinthedark1
    Are they giving out refunds? cause if it ain't fixed by wednesday (maintenance) i will also consider getting a refund...

they not giving out refund ... but will extend the free 1 or 2 month as long as the server fixed (add new server seperate from NA/ EU database)

I wouldn't consider to refund... worth to be patient to give it time ... it will reap the reward :-)

Well I am not one of them complain, I know sometime it happen to have some issue. I am not angry. I am grateful they are return Final Fantasy XIV!~

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    If this upset you this much go get a refund now lol. When the server problems are fixed their will be lots of people to take your spots lol. The game is not broken this is a network problem lol. 

This is a networked game. The Internet isn't broken. The networked portion of their game is broken...

So yes, I firmly blame S/E. I'm not at the point of asking for a refund yet, but it's definitely to the point where I certainly wouldn't be paying a subscription if things don't turn around -- So I'm glad they aren't going to start charging until they feel it's fixed.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

This is a networked game. The Internet isn't broken. The networked portion of their game is broken...

So yes, I firmly blame S/E. I'm not at the point of asking for a refund yet, but it's definitely to the point where I certainly wouldn't be paying a subscription if things don't turn around -- So I'm glad they aren't going to start charging until they feel it's fixed.

nothign is broken its over full thats it simple cut and dry also no afk kicker but ffxi didnt have 1 either

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

If you like the game it will be worth the wait, (that is the only real question here) this mmo will be running for over a decade, kinda have to see the big picture. I am annoyed too but I'd rather have a bad launch on a good game that a good launch of the 1.0 version.

But someone at SE needs to get fired over this.

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330
    Not even 2 weeks into a MMO launch. Get a grip. This is a online service and can happen. We waited 3 years to fix this game we can wait a few weeks to let them fix the service problems. Also Yoshi has said no one is getting charged till they get the servers running. Only one MMO had as many problems at launch was WoW and look how that turned out. I got so much free time from server down time when WoW launched I almost had 2 months free with my 30 days free.

Every post i see of yours you are defending them, You even sound like you were in 1.0....Given all that time and a SECOND chance they failed in one of the worst launches in awhile, and like someone said in another thread i believe most companies can fix servers within half a week, if not a temporary fix...Yet it must be complete chaos over at SE where they are running around like headless chickens. You really are naive, we all know it will be fixed EVENTUALLY but it doesn't sit that well with me so much so that i will not be masochistic about it trying to convince myself that this is a normal launch....most games have issues at launch yes but at LEAST you can play the game, not FF14 though nope...yesterday i tried logging in at 15min intervals for 12 hours (and thats not exaggerated literally from noon to midnight) and i finally got in...You really shouldn't defend this kind of behavior, its like a woman defending her abusive boyfriend, its sickening. even Yoshida felt guilty about it (Though not enough to get it fixed as soon as possible apparently).    /rant

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    I say if you want a refund, definitely go after it. It's a MMO not like if you have a change of heart. You just can't pick up later. S-E I think saves character data for quite a while. So you should be good.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
  • FaremFarem Member UncommonPosts: 49

It sounds like you just need to take your mind off the game for a little it. Maybe find a single player game in your backlog or something to hold you over till next wednesday when they finish adding extra servers?

I haven't been able to get in the game since tuesday or wednesday, and that was only because I was button spamming the start/character selection screen with my controller at the time. Now, I don't even bother trying to get in if I can't get through on the first attempt. When I get in, I'll get in. Anyway, good luck on whatever path you choose!

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by zevni78

If you like the game it will be worth the wait, (that is the only real question here) this mmo will be running for over a decade, kinda have to see the big picture. I am annoyed too but I'd rather have a bad launch on a good game that a good launch of the 1.0 version.

But someone at SE needs to get fired over this.

Fired for what, exactly?  Being part of a team that delivered a game that ended up performing wildly over projections?

The launch itself is great.  Network issues aside the game works almost flawlessly.  The game is a pain to login to, but it's possible to do and many have done it.  Furthermore, it doesn't seem like they are charging people free days while they sort out the issue.  That seems pretty fair to me.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Only one MMO had as many problems at launch was WoW and look how that turned out. 

In 2004.

This is 2013.

Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Only one MMO had as many problems at launch was WoW and look how that turned out. 

In 2004.

This is 2013.

...and?

I have a feeling you'll still see this issues with games going clear into 2020.

In 2004.

This is 2013.

Spoken like someone who knows little or nothing about networking. 

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

They STATED their server fix'll be up on Tuesday.  So either wait until then or STFU and get out.  Seriously.  Servers don't just WINK into existence.

I've been playing EVERY day this week.  I've been playing for 8 HOURS (uninterrupted) today.  

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    The thing is though they had to have been well aware of their preorder numbers. So how were they not prepared for the influx of players is what I don't understand. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    This is not square enix first shot at making ff14 let's remember that. They have no excuse for such poor server infrastructure after the abomination that was ff14 1.0
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

In 2004.

This is 2013.

Spoken like someone who knows little or nothing about networking. 

You think networking architecture and hardware hasn't changed in 9 years? Seriously?

If you want to find someone who knows nothing about networking, I would suggest a mirror.

Originally posted by doragon86
    The thing is though they had to have been well aware of their preorder numbers. So how were they not prepared for the influx of players is what I don't understand. 

Sort of depends on when the sales happened.  If there were a ton of people like me, who purchased the game after testing it in Phase 4 - well, no...sales data isn't normally transmitted that quickly.  Assuming a standard week lead time, that would have given them basically no time to react.

Pretty much the whole "oh crap, that's a LOT of sales we didn't expect".

• bizoux86bizoux86 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Originally posted by ionxeel
    Don't get me wrong, the game as a game is pretty fun. But no matter how fun it is, if you can't play, you're just torturing yourself trying to get in. And it only seems to be getting worse. Yesterday I somehow managed to log in, and played for 2 hours until my client crashed. Today I wasn't able to play even once. Even 1.0 was more stable. I mean come on, you'd think that releasing the same game for the second time, SE would put in a little more effort. I know there are a lot of similar posts, but people have the right to be angry, after they've been fooled for the second time now. Also some may say, it's just the launch, give it time. Well we've already given them time. This isn't beta anymore.

You do need to remember that this is also Labor Day weekened - AKA everyone is home for the long weekend and wanting to log in and play! Yeah it sucks we can't get in as easily as we would like, I didn't even get to log in yesterday, but I will deal and just play my GW2 characters till the servers are a bit more stable. I think that the game is worth the wait!

• DecimanDeciman Member Posts: 101
    Because if you cant have it NOW you don't want it ever....am I right?
  • Jairoe03Jairoe03 Member Posts: 732

Originally posted by nerovipus32
    This is not square enix first shot at making ff14 let's remember that. They have no excuse for such poor server infrastructure after the abomination that was ff14 1.0

Funny many of these complaints actually were explained Naoki Yoshida in detail to the open public as well as apologized for so yes they are feeling bad about their poor service. Also its been explained how they are currently fixing the issue and won't be fixed until their all-world server maintenance on Wednesday. Of course many of the players like the OP's themselves aren't even patient enough to look for anything regarding feedback from the company and prefer to rush opinions and decisions. But I mean, I think I rather not have these sort of players in my game in the first place so its really their loss and makes the worlds a little bit of a better place.

Yes it sucks, but its up to you on whether you want to miss out on a good game. I'll bide my time and wait patiently like the many that aren't complaining about this game or trolling forums because they apparently have nothing else to do with their lives besides obsess over a single game (and quickly be disappointed about it because they can't fulfill their obsession).