Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Role Balance?

Hello, I started playing DF:UW when it first released but quit for a while mainly due to role imbalance. Have they addressed the issue of balance yet, or are the servers almost all warriors? It sucks because every now and then I get the urge to play but then remember how ridiculous the warrior role is and change my mind. I had a lot of fun but I don't want to play warrior. 

Sea combat is a lot of fun.... if you are a warrior.

Mounted combat is a lot of fun.... if you are a warrior.

Group fights are all based on who has more warriors. Just watch the videos, almost everyone is a warrior (thats alive). I have two accounts one is a 40k warrior, the other a 50k elementalist so I know how easymode warrior is. 

Comments

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    The way AV is balancing is by releasing more school per role.  But it is not balanced yet.  Warrior can still get away from making many mistakes compare to other classes.  For close quarter combat Warrior rules.  But for siege, Mage is OP.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• IngemarVMIngemarVM Member Posts: 24
    So can mages use magic in water now? Or is water still limited to arrows? Again warriors shine here as well. You say mages are OP during sieges but from what I saw warriors defenses were just too strong while wearing  dread or better. So you might shoot that warrior 5 or 10 times and he will be ok and bow you down lol.  It's like the game was based around the warrior role and all the others are just fluff. Let me know when something official comes out, maybe I will resub my accounts then.

I guess magic works in the water when you are on a boat or standing on your mount but still sucks that you are forced to switch to bow while in the water and wearing paper for armor. Unlike warriors who swim around enjoying the game wearing the best armor and don't have any draw backs to their class. Don't forget this is AV's first attempt at different roles and the balancing nightmare that comes with it.
  • -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by gamekid2k
    The way AV is balancing is by releasing more school per role.  But it is not balanced yet.  Warrior can still get away from making many mistakes compare to other classes.  For close quarter combat Warrior rules.  But for siege, Mage is OP.

Skrim can get away from anyone.  If played right they can kill anyone.  Just as an elm and prime played right.  Warrior is confined to melee with little range so if you stay out of melee range you will kill them.  Bad players just stand there and die.  Every time I see that happen I laugh until I see low prowess.  Then I realized I just made someone quit or cry on the forums saying warriors are OP.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• IngemarVMIngemarVM Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by -Zeno-
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

Skrim can get away from anyone.  If played right they can kill anyone.  Just as an elm and prime played right.  Warrior is confined to melee with little range so if you stay out of melee range you will kill them.  Bad players just stand there and die.  Every time I see that happen I laugh until I see low prowess.  Then I realized I just made someone quit or cry on the forums saying warriors are OP.

This is so false. Warriors rule with a bow. They have one of the best distance closing abilities in the game. The best armor. Do you even play the game or read the official forums? lol! 

Here is a link to one of the "please fix warrior" threads. Maybe after you realize you are playing easymode you wont "lol" so hard next time you win... lol:

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?377874-Is-AV-even-looking-at-toning-down-warriors

Oh by the way. Your Skirm will probably be hitting the warrior for less damage then he does to you due to his amazing armor. And they have almost double the hp so good luck. Everyone knows warriors are out of hand, thats why there are so many. People do not flock to the challenging classes in mmorpgs Zeno. Thanks for the laugh though; you were kidding right?