Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of Improvements

i posted this in the trion forums, and am tryin to get some feedback from current players, and players who have left AND are up to date on the current state of the game. so if you are unsure about the status of things in game right now, please try and hold back responses on those topics. thank you.

please keep it constructive. also.. even though i have this list, i still think this is an amazing game. i'm just looing for ways to improve it a bit. i'll be giving trion my sub money for a long time.

i've been playing since early beta and have watched this game closely. this is a list of things i believe to be must haves for this game. some are my own opinion and some i have seen from prior posts over time.

Must Haves:

1. Currency exchange. Planarite, plaques, marks, greater marks, xp, notoriety, artifacts, crafting mats? (options are just ideas)

2. More roles OR the option to save settings/action bars per spec. (Devs please at least give a reason whey this isn’t talked about and is being ignored)

3. World wide trade channel (not just in the city).

4. T1 raid lock out timers on 3 or 4 day timers, (Not for HK/RotF) and still have a hard reset on Wednesday like normal. so 3-4 day reset. could reset on Sunday mornings or Saturday mornings.

5. World event tracker permanent removal option. would only pop up again when the event changes phases.

6. Guild recruitment board in the city with a required weekly check for updates by GM/Officers. This is to make sure it is still current.

7. Guild calendar. (Access via mobile App?)

8. Raid lockout for your personal bosses killed.

9. Guild info when shift clicking someone’s name from chat.

10. Ability to move the macros around in the macro window.

11. 51 point button for respec.

12. Don’t add random abilities on the action bars when we respec.

Would be nice to have:

1. Test dummies that react only to your raids abilities. So you can parse solo or with your party/raid with buffs/debuffs of choice.

2. PvP test dummy.

3. Mixed faction PvP. (I wanted to put this in must haves as it would reduce queue times to nothing)

4. Weapon wardrobe slots. Shield slot?

5. Planarite dump for old event items/currency.

6. Multiple private guild only chat channels. For classes, healers, raid parse, etc. available to the guild leader with the option to name them.

7. Paid race change. Faction change may cause Population issues?

8. More abilities changed for use in PvE and PvP.

9. Sub section in the forums for battle groups.

10. Ability to remove lesser/greater essences from a source core. (would cause less word PvE?)

11. Additional character spaces per shard. (increase it from 6 to 8?)

12. The ability to adjust the brightness out of full screen mode.

13. Increase the amount of slots that hold mail (from 6 to 10).

Some Ideas…

1. Nerfed and regular versions of 20 mans. Nerfed versions would give no hexed drops, half the marks, but give two pieces of the normal gear. This would eliminate the need to nerf an encounter later on. Achievements for regular version only. These two versions would share the same lockout timer. Could adjust the bosses difficulty prior to pulling. Trash would be the same.

2. Open world PvP zone/area with real objectives.

3. Same faction guild war? For a price, both GMs have to agree? Players would then be flagged as if they were the opposite faction. Lasts for 30 minutes, 1 hour, decided on by two agreeing GMs?

4. Guild castles. Something to work towards and good for RP and guild bonding?

5. Rifts become fortified after a set time. They expand just a little ways out and set up defenses. In open areas and not in cities. Boss in the middle of the “fort” would increase in difficulty as the fortifications grew and left unchecked. This would allow more intense fights, but still allow questing.

6. barber

7. A large “closet” in your bank for vanity items. Also for gear?

8. RP for pets somehow?

9. A way to link a build in game (by choice, and not random inspect).

10. Ports in all zones, going to some zones isn‘t easy. easier world pvp for twinks?

11. Bonus from completing all T1 PAs. all T2 PAs.

12. Tournament PvP. Weekly, monthly? (non arena)

13. Special co op shards. All ports accessible, meridian/sanctum access, etc. non shard transferable.

14. Player housing, but make a reason for people to not stay in homes. Remove 50 chat while in your home?

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Funny thing just happened to me.

Just a few days ago I made a post called " Why people quit ! ".

Well, I'm sitting in a hotel out of country with nothing to do. I decided to click on the Rift icon and found that I have 3 free days of Rift :)......So what the hell, I'll give it another try.  I was somewhat excited.  I created a Mage chloro/Elem/Warlock.  I played the tutorial area, then on to the open world, still excited.

I found that Rift is unbelievably easy, too easy.  Along with this I checked my mail to find that Tiron gave me stuff that made it even more easy like buffs and fast leveling potions.

NO CHALLENGE what so ever with the exception of being rushed by a mob of ten monsters now and then.  Mobs were so close together that you could not move two steps without getting into a fight when trying to get back to a safe area.  My quest log was continuously full making the screen confusing and not enjoyable.  Still trying to stay excited, I took my three harvesting professions and soon remembered the ridiculous amount of gathering that needed to be done, picking stuff up every ten feet. It was like someone spilled a big bag of popcorn on the floor and I had to pick it up, distracting any fun to be had. At level 7 I did a Rift all alone.  I cleared all four phases with no porblems at all, even the final boss was just another single monster fight.

I got to about level 15 and stopped for a few hours only to return with a log in error stating my IP had changed ( being out of country ).  Sure I could have pursued this issue with Tiron.  But Why, the game is a cluster, along with chain quest to keep me from playing with others.  And on top of it all my Mage played exactly like my Cleric, healing spells and all.

So I just let it go.  So I'm back with no mmo to play.

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

half suggestionsare silly, another half in game already, lvling too easy? some classes might have easer/harder time but judging game on 15 lvls, and heck you never bought rift in first place.. you wouldnt  create new char for that

only potions trion gives are exp and valor pots , which doesnt make it easer, it saves you couple hours while lvling,

how about you enter embe isle and get killed by first mob and thencomplain that starting zone is too easy

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Daddydazzle

i posted this in the trion forums, and am tryin to get some feedback from current players, and players who have left AND are up to date on the current state of the game. so if you are unsure about the status of things in game right now, please try and hold back responses on those topics. thank you.

please keep it constructive. also.. even though i have this list, i still think this is an amazing game. i'm just looing for ways to improve it a bit. i'll be giving trion my sub money for a long time.

i've been playing since early beta and have watched this game closely. this is a list of things i believe to be must haves for this game. some are my own opinion and some i have seen from prior posts over time.

Must Haves:

3. World wide trade channel (not just in the city).

This wouldnt really work.  It would become worldwide anal [ability that doesnt go with anal but people link it anyway] channel.

Here would be my list:

1.  Due to game's structure adding more 1-45 zones at this point probablly wouldnt work.  But they need a serious reworking.  Clean up quest progession, make quest text not so dull and boring.  Thin out the mob population a little bit more.  Add some IA options.  Give players ways to earn PA at lower levels (they already added PA exp crystals for quest achievements.

2.  Use EQ2's mentor system.  Allow high levels to scale down to low levels.  When entering an area with rfts/invasions this automatcally kicks in to zones level range.

3.  Use this to increase the spawn of major invasions in low/midzones.  Give high levels rewards for doing stuff in these zo zones while mentored down

4. Keep 51 as max spendable in a soul, but make it so you dont need to take every last useless talent...in other words, expand the trees and make more soul defining abilities so spending more points in a soul feels more rewarding.

These 4 things will help *greatly* with the retention issues

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Redo all artwork.