Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAHAHA Are you kidding me SE?!?!?!?

DivionDivion Member UncommonPosts: 411

So against my better judgement i decided i would go ahead, and purchase the game - Not because i enjoyed it in Beta. Quite the opposite. I really didn't like it  (Heres my review on it : http://goo.gl/pFDDZS)-- However, perhaps by dumb luck, or brilliant timing - The MMO markets are dull, and dry at the moment. So i was willing to part with the 30 bucks to amuse myself for a week or 2. --

However, since their luanch appears to be going terribly - they actually STOPPED saling the GAME!!!

Thats right, you can't even buy it right now if you wanted too --- I've played every major AAA, and indie MMO you can imagine. --- This is THE first time i've seen this. -- After how many months of open beta tests, and stress tests? They had to resort to a sales freeze to get a handle on the situation? I've never seen that before, and i've seen some bad launchs.

That being said -- What gives? THIS is a constant issue with MMOS - You would think any moron with a brain could realize that launchs are stress heavy, and to provide a superfluous amount of server, and hardware capabilities to ENSURE a smooth run (Barring any unforeseen software issues - none stress related) --- How do we as consumers keep accept that? "It's okay, everyone has a bad launch" --- Yeah, that might have worked in 2005, or 2006 --- Yet, it's 2013, and we have seen hordes of large titles fail at launch due to similar issues, and this is the REBOOT of the series, and they still failed to be prepared? REALLY!?

Well, my moment of impluse buy has passed, i'll get find an old game to play til Everquest Next, or BLESS.  Sorry if you don't agree, refer to the next line : 

Flame on!

Comments

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Other MMOs have paused sales in the past.... But you would already know that with your amazing amount of experience.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    Well I would like to add first off your wrong in your first statement about buying the game...you CAN IN FACT buy the game just not a digital copy.  Many box stores have the game for sale.
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Gw2 stopped online sales while they worked to get more servers going. Guess you havn't played them all?

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Gamestop actually stopped selling them.

And your "gaming" wisdom is ignoring the sales stoppage of both WoW and GW2.  But since you're so smart....

Seriously, did we need another troll thread?  I've gone ahead and reported ya.  Have a nice day.

BTW, I know these schools nowadays cater to the whiners.. but you are NOT A BEAUTIFUL UNIQUE BUTTERFLY.. and your opinion really isn't worth creating a whole new thread topic about....

• DivionDivion Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    Other MMOs have paused sales in the past.... But you would already know that with your amazing amount of experience.

-I- have never seen it before -- I didn't say it never happened before. However this is the first time i've had the amusement of being told i'm not allowed to buy it, because they failed to plan for the most predictable structural failure repeated by every single major MMO. 

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

GW2 did it too.. nothing new.

Anyway cant people wait 2-3 days to play a game? really people is so desperate?

Some people need reading lessons, or need to learn what a red herring, or strawman fallacy is --- 

I never said it was the only title to have a sales freeze, i just said this was my first time ever seeing it - especially considering the circumstances of the Reboot. 

I've played every title you little girls are listing, i experienced no sales freezes, or launch concerns beyond a login que for those launches. -- I'm not saying they didn't have them, just saying i didn't experience it. 

So for someone with an already low opinion of the franchise, and SE - this is keeping it down.

IT's a shame as i once was a huge FF/SE Fan.

Originally posted by Ralstlin

GW2 did it too.. nothing new.

Anyway cant people wait 2-3 days to play a game? really people is so desperate?

Sadly yes, i am desperate. I'm bored - and have nothing to play at the moment. Thus i have that implus to buy a new game. The product is not available for me, thus the impulse has passed. Perhaps i should thank them - i may have dodge the bullet of future buyer regret. 

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    gamestops in my area will sell ya a copy here in Illinois...I bought an extra there yesterday as well as another at bestbuy box store the day before well after the DIGITAL sales were stopped...the announcement says nothing about physical copies so not sure why such a big deal to drive over to your nearest walmart,bestbuy etc and grab one.
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Gamestop actually stopped selling them.

And your "gaming" wisdom is ignoring the sales stoppage of both WoW and GW2.  But since you're so smart....

Seriously, did we need another troll thread?  I've gone ahead and reported ya.  Have a nice day.

BTW, I know these schools nowadays cater to the whiners.. but you are NOT A BEAUTIFUL UNIQUE BUTTERFLY.. and your opinion really isn't worth creating a whole new thread topic about....

You should consider taking your own advice there cool guy.

-- Report away, i have never cared about that - Do what you gotta do internet police. Roflmao. 

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

Maybe if you make your font bigger and yellower people will actually take you seriously.

WoW Pulled all their boxes off the shelves when it released also.    It sure did hurt them.

• ZerdZerd Member UncommonPosts: 26

So silly that you don't want to play a good game because you can't buy it digitally.

I saw they suspended sales for the digital copy so I went to the store and bought it. Sure I'ved had issues logging in and it's been pretty frustrating, but that aside the game is good.

Once they add in more servers, which according to the lead producer they had placed orders for before launch due to the better than anticipated unqiue logins during early access, everything else will be fine and people will find something else to make complaints about.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    arenanet also did this !twice I might add!once for soon and once for gw2.but only for 48 hour if I recall.can v1 sub?cause I am sure v1 is avail everywhere!
  • ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

You do realize that they stopped selling the game because it's TOO POPULAR right?

it's so successful that it went above and beyond what SE thought it would be.  They have 50+ servers jam packed right now with people spamming their logins just to get in.  They've broken all concurrent users online records in Japan.

This reminds of the quote, "I don't understand how that restaurant is so successful, it's always crowded and there's no place to sit."

No shit.  If this game had only 100 people loggin, we wouldn't have these problems.  The game is doing better than their wildest dreams and the servers are exploding from OVER POPULATION.

This is a short term headache for SE but a long term win.

• RomeoRomeoRomeoRomeo Member UncommonPosts: 48

OP says he was a HUGE Final Fantasy and SE fan... but didn't pre-order. 

Then you go on about NEVER having seen or experienced a company halting sales before - whilst claiming to have played Gw2 and WoW. Then you clarify saying that what you meant is that you've never EXPERIENCED it before and now because it's happening to YOU that must mean SE fails, amirite?

As far as I'm concerned, if SE is keeping people like YOU from taking a place on the servers that I - a GENUINE FF fan - could have, by halting sales, they are fucking WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD DAY TO YOU MA'AM

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

I remember GW2 had to stop their online sales too at launch. They couldn 't handle the enormous amount of people trying to log in either. ANet eventually fixed the problem and SE will fix it next week also.

The fact that you didn't experience other games problems  does not mean that it didn't happen.

Good luck waiting 2 years for those titles you mentioned btw.

Anyways FF community wont miss you...at all...

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by RomeoRomeo

OP says he was a HUGE Final Fantasy and SE fan... but didn't pre-order. 

Then you go on about NEVER having seen or experienced a company halting sales before - whilst claiming to have played Gw2 and WoW. Then you clarify saying that what you meant is that you've never EXPERIENCED it before and now because it's happening to YOU that must mean SE fails, amirite?

As far as I'm concerned, if SE is keeping people like YOU from taking a place on the servers that I - a GENUINE FF fan - could have, by halting sales, they are fucking WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD DAY TO YOU MA'AM

God I wish I could like this post so damned much.  I'm not even a true FF fan.  I used to ride Taus01 about how crappy 1.0 was.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by wayubb
    Well I would like to add first off your wrong in your first statement about buying the game...you CAN IN FACT buy the game just not a digital copy.  Many box stores have the game for sale.

Actually no, call gamestop...they've paused sales.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• calzerocalzero Member UncommonPosts: 44

Well if its any consolation even if you could buy a copy you cant create a character. All servers are locked and are not accepting new characters.

I finally get a chance to play and ran into this earlier this afternoon.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Divion
    Originally posted by Tygranir

-I- have never seen it before -- I didn't say it never happened before. However this is the first time i've had the amusement of being told i'm not allowed to buy it, because they failed to plan for the most predictable structural failure repeated by every single major MMO. 

You weren't around for WoW? Because WoW stopped shipping physical copies in the US for months starting in December of 2004. After the stores sold out of their on hand copies, it became impossible to find it.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• ThatguymilliaThatguymillia Member Posts: 1
    Most game companies don't get a second try, and to mess up the second try... Well that is Square-Enix for you... :)
  • InvisitorInvisitor Member Posts: 7
    Yee didnt take that much effort to find a site that still sells keys (http://www.mmoga.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Reborn/FF-14-Reborn-Key-Gamecard/Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn.html[Weird gold selling site but still i got my key so im happy.]) and i even managed to make an character on one of those "closed worlds"...
This discussion has been closed.