Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst launch ever.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Abrraham
    Changed it to "a lot of players". Yes, to be honest, I expect a better Q system in 2013, especially form a company which had big troubles in the first run.

No !! Expecting any Que ue system at all is just being brainwashed by all the other failed developers.I expect A1 from Square Enix,that is what i witnessed for many years.Somewhere along the last 4 years or so,somebody or a group of board members have got greedy and are pushing everything out too fast.

To be honest there should be a bit of slack to Square,i doubt they expected this type of following.However an organized guy in charge  would have had a backup plan to ensure more servers if needed.Plus they had server errors and login problems last Beta,this launch should have never gone forth until fully tested again.

The sad part is that soooo many are talking about the game from a networking point of view and not really about the game itself.It is the server structure and people in charge with that whole process that should be ridiculed not the game .I am still waiting to see who steps up and takes blame for the estate of server errors and lack of capacity.

If this was all Yoshi`s push forward,then he needs to get demoted,i expected better.If he was pushed by board members or another higher up,i would fire that guy because this type of launch can destroy a game and maybe a developer.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PapajackPapajack Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by vidiotking
    Originally posted by Papajack

I don't know how many mmo launches you have participated in. But this is NOT the worst launch ever. I know this because I have been involved in launches that were worse.

Shadowbane launch was worse. EQ2 was worse. WAR was worse or maybe about the same. AOC was worse, once you left the starter area. If I were to give it some more thought, I might be able to come up w/ a couple more.

I have to agree with the OP - I've been in many a launch but to purchase a game and not even be able to queue for the game or even create a character is uncalled for. Launch day is one of THE most important days for an MMO - for many people it defines how the game will be run and is the FIRST impression.

In the case of FF - they're introducing a new version of a failed 1st version...which makes it even MORE important that everything run smoothly. SE should have "over-prepared" for the launch instead of playing it conservative and pissing off existing customers as well as potential ones.

Yeap.. Everything you say is true. My only point is I don't think it's THE worst ever.

For me it is - I've had trouble logging in..crashes...bugs...etc... but I've NEVER not been able to even create a character - this is a 1st for me.

Currently trying to play Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn

• MagKilnMagKiln Member Posts: 46

I have been seeing a lot of people arguing that at least this isn't the "Worst Launch ever". Does that even matter to someone that is experiencing a bad launch and unable to play the game that they paid for? Or better yet, what if they have never experienced a worse launch then for them this would be the Worst launch ever? Worst launch is relative to many things. If it doesn't feel right for one person that doesn't mean that others are not allowed to feel different about this launch. 

I like my hotdogs with mustard but I can guarantee that some of you out there just down right hate mustard on a hotdog? Right? So if you got a hotdog from a vendor after asking it not to have mustard you would be upset, some would throw a fit and others would just ask for a replacement or their money back. Either way it isn't what they expected in a game after a week and they don't have to consider that it wasn't the "Worst Launch"! 

• Lowfer69Lowfer69 Member UncommonPosts: 65
      You can't really say "worst launch EVER" and then discount and comparison someone makes because it is an old game. As was stated there have been many worse launches than this, yes most if not all of them were more than 5 years ago. There have been far worse launches EVER though.
  • vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    Originally posted by MagKiln

I have been seeing a lot of people arguing that at least this isn't the "Worst Launch ever". Does that even matter to someone that is experiencing a bad launch and unable to play the game that they paid for? Or better yet, what if they have never experienced a worse launch then for them this would be the Worst launch ever? Worst launch is relative to many things. If it doesn't feel right for one person that doesn't mean that others are not allowed to feel different about this launch. 

I like my hotdogs with mustard but I can guarantee that some of you out there just down right hate mustard on a hotdog? Right? So if you got a hotdog from a vendor after asking it not to have mustard you would be upset, some would throw a fit and others would just ask for a replacement or their money back. Either way it isn't what they expected in a game after a week and they don't have to consider that it wasn't the "Worst Launch"! 

I like my hot dogs naked, however, if some one put some spicy mustard, or sour kraut on it, I'd still eat it... Those condiments alone would not make it the worst hot dog ever...

What's my point you may be asking yourself?

If you can figure it out, please let me know. I'm curious too.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Dangostreet1

However, noting that the launch JUST HAPPENED 4 days ago, losing interest in the MMO because you can't log in is pure nonsense.

I do know that the servers should be have an AFK boot system. I do know that SO MANY PEOPLE ARE LOGGING IN, so you can't log in. However, that's the success this game is getting.

Although Square was not expecting this much people, they are planning to add even more servers to lessen the crowd in each already existing server.

So don't tell me that you and a bunch of other people are losing interest on a game that reached the public for less than a week.

No it's not nonsense.  If he feels the way he does, who are you to tell him it's wrong?

I've lost a great deal of interest in this game (partly due to issues I have with the game itself) but greatly due to the absolutely atrocious mess this launch has been.

Originally posted by Lowfer69
      You can't really say "worst launch EVER" and then discount and comparison someone makes because it is an old game. As was stated there have been many worse launches than this, yes most if not all of them were more than 5 years ago. There have been far worse launches EVER though.

Only launch I participated in that was worse was Vanguard but that was because the whole game was a mess.

In terms of launches (and I mean just launch), this has been the worst I have participated in.

• MagKilnMagKiln Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by MagKiln

I like my hot dogs naked, however, if some one put some spicy mustard, or sour kraut on it, I'd still eat it... Those condiments alone would not make it the worst hot dog ever...

What's my point you may be asking yourself?

If you can figure it out, please let me know. I'm curious too.

OP says its the "Worst launch ever" I am saying that he has his opinion. If it is the Worst for him then I believe him. Just tired of all the Spin about this game. "Its not the worst blah blah I have seen worst blah blah blah. Who cares if you seen worse to the OP it is the worst for him. See I understand his frustration. I am just so happy that I don't have to Experience the WORST GAME EVER!

• nennafirnennafir Member UncommonPosts: 313

I agree.  This is the worst launch I have been in.  I haven't been able to log in since early access (and I couldn't log in then either.)  How could it be worse than not being able to play for over a week?  I can't think of any that have been worse.  Maybe if you do not work or have unusual hours or the like you are okay.  But the normal working person has simply not been able to play this game.

EQ2:  Launch was a bit buggy but otherwise fine.  I don't know why that one guy who keeps posting in this thread thought it was worse.

WoW:  Buggy, yes, with nodes you could not harvest.  And we got to experience the first "when everything is down you can't even complain on the forums because those are down too" phenomena which was fairly rage inducing.  But otherwise very playable.

GW2:  Extremely smooth.  Overflow servers handled everything.  You couldn't really party due to general glitchiness with teams, but overall very playable soloing.  Occasional glitched events.

GW1:  Had it the first day and I don't remember any problems at all.

Vanguard:  Buggy as all ****.  I remember lots of funny bugs like once dieing and not being able to rez and then being invisible and not being able to interact with things.  Also falling though the ground into the abyss.  And pets that went crazy when you crossed a zone line.  But you could still play it, so that makes it better than FFXIV:ARR.

WAR: Really smooth launch.

Even all of the bit players like CO (very smooth with only problems first day or so and small glitches afterward), AoC (really glitchy but hey you could play it) and many others were better.

The thing I remember about all of those other ones is that by the time a week had gone by, I had played them all a bunch.  Yes, they might be glitchy, but you could play them.  I haven't been able to play FFXIV since the start of early access.  How could it possibly be worse than that?

If you find this unacceptable, speak with your wallets.  If you've already purchased the game (such as myself), refuse to subscribe and when asked for reason, cite the crapfest their launch was.

Until the consumers speak out, these companies will continue treating us with the same disdain.  I say no more.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Game is good.  Servers and customer service is God awful.  Having no afk kick system is completely clown shoes.  Its not THE worst launch ever, but it is pretty bad.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Game is good.  Servers and customer service is God awful.  Having no afk kick system is completely clown shoes.  Its not THE worst launch ever, but it is pretty bad.

Remember this is there 2nd time around doing this.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

diffreant servers and engine and game so yea thats out the window.

and the issues will be fixed with the next few days there exspanding the servers and giving compensation to the players.

yoshit ook responsibility for limit the number of serves they needed cause they didnt know they was going to get this many players cause of the first launch so get over it please

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by Raxeon

and the issues will be fixed with the next few days there exspanding the servers and giving compensation to the players.

yoshit ook responsibility for limit the number of serves they needed cause they didnt know they was going to get this many players cause of the first launch so get over it please

They should have known and its gonna cost them.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    The real mess is due to being so popular then coupled with the no AFK boot. I'm getting on and playing all day, but trust me it really bothers me that all these people are just standing there when they obviously are not playing.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Raxeon

They should have known and its gonna cost them.

not really the people that dont have patience enough to give them 1 week to get new servers up wont keep playing the game anyways

• FarstryderFarstryder Member UncommonPosts: 69

I don't know how many mmo launches you have participated in. But this is NOT the worst launch ever. I know this because I have been involved in launches that were worse.

Shadowbane launch was worse. EQ2 was worse. WAR was worse or maybe about the same. AOC was worse, once you left the starter area. If I were to give it some more thought, I might be able to come up w/ a couple more.

You clearly didn't play eq2 at launch, or War, or Aoc. None of those were worse than not being able to log in unless you click start for two hours  from early access to now. What a ridiculously erroneous post.

Farstryder,

• DritheDrithe Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Warhammer was not worse, NOT BY A LONG SHOT. I played that game for a few years and I can tell you that was one of the best launches I have been a part of. I thought it was a great game. EQ2 worse? really? Shadowbane was pretty bad though.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

While many games have had lots of issues early in their life, very few of them had an issue like this. While many a server has bit the bullet due to load, very few have locked a significant amount of players out for over a week, it's just not all that normal for that happen. Many have experienced long waits before due to queuing, very few have experienced having no chance to get in at all for this long.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Distopia

While many a server has bit the bullet due to load, very few have locked a significant amount of players out for over a week

I'd like you to stop talking about this game until you can qualify this statement.  I and many other are not having ANY issues getting into the game.  There are level 40-50's running around in game.  Obvious THEY aren't locked out.  Servers are FULL so all those people (I believe Yoshi said 5,000 per server) are playing.

This "significant" amount... yea.. I'm tired of people throwing around these shady "facts"... yes, people are having issues.  OMG it took me 2 times to get into a queue.  

• MordithMordith Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Originally posted by Ikeda

While many a server has bit the bullet due to load, very few have locked a significant amount of players out for over a week

I'd like you to stop talking about this game until you can qualify this statement.  I and many other are not having ANY issues getting into the game.  There are level 40-50's running around in game.  Obvious THEY aren't locked out.  Servers are FULL so all those people (I believe Yoshi said 5,000 per server) are playing.

This "significant" amount... yea.. I'm tired of people throwing around these shady "facts"... yes, people are having issues.  OMG it took me 2 times to get into a queue.  

You have no idea what you are talking about. There are loads of people that cannot log in.  Just check the message boards out there. I have tried on and off for the last 8 hours with no ability to even get in a a queue.  There may be 5,000 people playing, but those are the people that refuse to log out when not playing while there are another 5,000 plus trying to log in.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Farstryder

You clearly didn't play eq2 at launch, or War, or Aoc. None of those were worse than not being able to log in unless you click start for two hours  from early access to now. What a ridiculously erroneous post.

Did you really just claim that AoC had a worse launch?

I didnt play WAR at launch, but seeing your scewed revionist history, you are prob wrong about that too...

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Ikeda

I purchased the game around 530PM EST on launch day...since that time I have not been able to create a charecter on any NA server....lets repeat that.....i have not been able to create a toon on any NA server....not because i dont want to roll on a low pop server...oh no.......but because every single NA server has been locked from creating toons on it since mid lauch day.......

Lets pretend im the only one (though im clearly not), name me an MMO launch that prevented someone from creating a toon on any server of their region  for an entire week after it launched?

EDIT: So i just tried to login and see if at least the NA/EU server farm is back up (has been down for me since last night), and guess what? The f**kin lobby server is down.....holy awsomesauce launch batman lol

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

I've lost interest completely my sister also did, and her BF, there was 4 of us and 3 of us have already stopped playing, my best friend is the only one with any hope left and I can see it dwindling in him....

People are losing interest.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

So, then lose interest... seriously.  You can't just poop out servers.. they have to be built setup etc.  They STATED the fix was on Mon/Tues.  If you can't wait that long.. move on out.

I swear...

Originally posted by Mordith

You have no idea what you are talking about. There are loads of people that cannot log in.  Just check the message boards out there. I have tried on and off for the last 8 hours with no ability to even get in a a queue.  There may be 5,000 people playing, but those are the people that refuse to log out when not playing while there are another 5,000 plus trying to log in.

I'm not saying there ISN'T a problem.  I'm SAYING that it isn't so widespread.  I've been on EVERY DAY this week.  I was on for 4 hrs today.  Can I log in right now?  No.  Am I crying about it?  No.  They have issues.  They also stated servers are on their way.  It's the people who blow this into a HUGE CATASTROPHE.. It's not.  But there are also people (note: the person above) who are fed up.. even though the FIX is already on it's way... but because it's the ME ME ME NOW NOW NOW generation.. it should have been known about.  Like timetravel or something.