Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst launch ever.

Comments

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

I don't think it's the worst launch ever... but giving it's 2013, yup, it's pretty bad.

PS: I'm not talking about the game itself (which is flawless as a themepark)  just the launch.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    It's definitely the worst launch i have experienced, most launches are bad but at least you get to play.
  • DecimanDeciman Member Posts: 101

Like I said, its not even a contender for worst launch.  The game is polished and runs great.  Only issue is getting in..only reason its an issue getting in is because the game is good and too many want to play.

Not even close for a worst launch.

Hell they aren't  even billing during this congestion. 

• AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149
    I should have been more clearer: Not the game itself is bad, the servers are, inclusively the Q and afk system. I think they could have been prepared better.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by Deciman

Like I said, its not even a contender for worst launch.  The game is polished and runs great.  Only issue is getting in..only reason its an issue getting in is because the game is good and too many want to play.

Obliviously they aren't billing because you get 30 days free but this down time is eating into those 30 days.

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    Originally posted by Abrraham
    I should have been more clearer: Not the game itself is bad, the servers are, inclusively the Q and afk system. I think they could have been prepared better.

Hard to find fault in this more concise statement.

There really isn't even a Q system at all. Having to click over and over and over again is just silly in 2013.

And not kicking afk'ers, especially when they are having these overpopulation issues, is just dumb.

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Obliviously they aren't billing because you get 30 days free but this down time is eating into those 30 days.

No you misunderstand.

They haven't started the billing cycle for that free 30 days. 

So you are playing on free subscription time until they get more servers.  Yes you still paid $30 for that right...but your 30 days of game time hasn't started yet, and wont until they fix this.

Its a small thing, but it is nice of them to consider some might be mad over a few days or week of game time lost.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Has the NA/EU server farm been completely empty since yesterday for anyone else? I cant find a post about it, but my JP server list is full, NA/EU is completely empty as if every single server is down...

WTF is going with this game lmao

Originally posted by doodphace

Has the NA/EU server farm been completely empty since yesterday for anyone else? I cant find a post about it, but my JP server list is full, NA/EU is completely empty as if every single server is down...

The login server seems to be down and unable to register any of the NA/EU servers.

I got kicked off the server about 40min ago and haven't been able to get on.

Usually it takes me about 10-15min to get in game even during peak times...so something is more wrong than usual.

It is labor day weekend...people have lots of time between now and Monday evening...the game is going to see stress like its never seen in the next few days. 

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I'm pretty sure they announced 7 DAYS of free playtime to make up for the issue.  Effectively you've been dealing with launch problems for FREE... not counting towards your 30 days....
  • BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Originally posted by vidiotking

What is the issue you're having?

And as far as Rift goes... LOTS of people got hacked, lots. Thousands.

Rift had a 100x better launch than FFXIV:ARR.

I was one of those hacked, do you know what happend? I called them. I was able to pick up a phone and call Trion.

20 minutes later I had a free 2 weeks of game time, my account back, and the preorder bonuses from each retailer as an apology.

FFXIV is the worst launch in the last 5 years for any highly anticipated MMO.

Stop fooling yourselves into thinking it's okay. "It's an MMO you KIDS should know it's going to be bad" STOP THIS NONSENSE. It's NOT OKAY.

The people still defending SE are the same people in beta 4 saying "3102? It's beta bro, chill out" and the same people who said "It's early access, you should just be happy you're in the game. Of course there's going to be server errors".

JUST STOP.

If this new "fix" for the servers Wednesday doesn't work, what then? What will you guys say?

Edit:

Originally posted by Ikeda
    I'm pretty sure they announced 7 DAYS of free playtime to make up for the issue.  Effectively you've been dealing with launch problems for FREE... not counting towards your 30 days....

So next week when something goes wrong you'll say "This is one of your free 7 days, stop complaining!"?

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Most of the time you can't get on a server. I went to an EU server the other day, but now most of the day I get this notice saying the game can't even find the NA/EU servers and all it gives me is Jap ones.... I DON'T want to start yet another new character !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by doodphace

The login server seems to be down and unable to register any of the NA/EU servers.

I got kicked off the server about 40min ago and haven't been able to get on.

Usually it takes me about 10-15min to get in game even during peak times...so something is more wrong than usual.

It is labor day weekend...people have lots of time between now and Monday evening...the game is going to see stress like its never seen in the next few days. 

Its been like that since yesterday for me, on top of the fact that every single NA/EU server has been locked from creating toons since lauch day afternoon....this may not be the worst MMO launch ever, but its certainly up there...esp compared to games released in the last 6-7 years...

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

Not creating yet another post on this, so I'll put this here - latest from SE:

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players are being disconnected from instances on the North American and European data center Worlds. As a result, customers who were disconnected from said content are unable to log in.

The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
    From Aug. 31, 2013 12:53 p.m. (PDT)

[Details]
    - Disconnected from certain instances.
    - Unable to log in after being disconnected from certain instances.

[Affected Worlds]
    North American and European Data Denter Worlds
    - Adamantoise
    - Balmung
    - Behemoth
    - Cactuar
    - Cerberus
    - Coeurl
    - Diabolos
    - Excalibur
    - Exodus
    - Faerie
    - Gilgamesh
    - Goblin
    - Hyperion
    - Lamia
    - Leviathan
    - Malboro
    - Midgardsormr
    - Moogle
    - Odin
    - Phoenix
    - Ragnarok
    - Sargatanas
    - Shiva
    - Siren
    - Ultros

Originally posted by Blazeyer

What is the issue you're having?

And as far as Rift goes... LOTS of people got hacked, lots. Thousands.

Rift had a 100x better launch than FFXIV:ARR.

I was one of those hacked, do you know what happend? I called them. I was able to pick up a phone and call Trion.

20 minutes later I had a free 2 weeks of game time, my account back, and the preorder bonuses from each retailer as an apology.

FFXIV is the worst launch in the last 5 years for any highly anticipated MMO.

Stop fooling yourselves into thinking it's okay. "It's an MMO you KIDS should know it's going to be bad" STOP THIS NONSENSE. It's NOT OKAY.

The people still defending SE are the same people in beta 4 saying "3102? It's beta bro, chill out" and the same people who said "It's early access, you should just be happy you're in the game. Of course there's going to be server errors".

JUST STOP.

If this new "fix" for the servers Wednesday doesn't work, what then? What will you guys say?

For ME, this launch is way better than Rift... I did not get my account back in a timely fasion. They told me it was something I did wrong, when in fact, it was a security issue on thier end. It killed Rift for me.

Not everyone is having the same experience.. Life is like that. 

I'm no FF fan boy, and I'm not apologizing for them. This launch has Issues.. It's just NOT the worst MMO launch ever. 

Originally posted by JudgeUK

Not creating yet another post on this, so I'll put this here - latest from SE:

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players are being disconnected from instances on the North American and European data center Worlds. As a result, customers who were disconnected from said content are unable to log in.

The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
    From Aug. 31, 2013 12:53 p.m. (PDT)

[Details]
    - Disconnected from certain instances.
    - Unable to log in after being disconnected from certain instances.

[Affected Worlds]
    North American and European Data Denter Worlds
    - Adamantoise
    - Balmung
    - Behemoth
    - Cactuar
    - Cerberus
    - Coeurl
    - Diabolos
    - Excalibur
    - Exodus
    - Faerie
    - Gilgamesh
    - Goblin
    - Hyperion
    - Lamia
    - Leviathan
    - Malboro
    - Midgardsormr
    - Moogle
    - Odin
    - Phoenix
    - Ragnarok
    - Sargatanas
    - Shiva
    - Siren
    - Ultros

Thanks...that info is nowhere to be found on the PS3 login page, only stuff about JP datacenter issues

My screen though has looked like this since yesterday around 5pm EST

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124

During the early access I had the 3102 error for most of the weekend. That sucked.

Now though, if I just keep trying to log in, takes me about 15 min tops so far, and that's on Behemoth, which is one of the most populated servers.

If you're on Gilgamesh...I think you're pretty much s.o.l.

Lol, yep I'm on Gilgamesh so I've pretty much given up on the game this weekend. I considered rerolling but at lvl 35 I can't be bothered and there is only one NA/EU server that you can roll on now aswell all the others are locked.

still not the worst launch ever though, vanilla wow was dreadful, Aion the queues were 4-5 hrs long on some servers, this game is very polished once you get in, so again there are many mmos that were almost unplayable once you got in. This launch has been very frustrating though, I agree with that.

Originally posted by Guitarbry

During the early access I had the 3102 error for most of the weekend. That sucked.

Now though, if I just keep trying to log in, takes me about 15 min tops so far, and that's on Behemoth, which is one of the most populated servers.

Lol, yep I'm on Gilgamesh so I've pretty much given up on the game this weekend. I considered rerolling but at lvl 35 I can't be bothered and there is only one NA/EU server that you can roll on now aswell all the others are locked.

/boo&bah

/boo&bah

Well the fact that you are lv35 means that you are getting on and playing the game a lot.  Yeah it sucks right now and it does suck having issues getting on...but having a lv35...you've spent a lot of time in game...so its not nearly as hopeless as you make it sound.

/boo&bah

Well the fact that you are lv35 means that you are getting on and playing the game a lot.  Yeah it sucks right now and it does suck having issues getting on...but having a lv35...you've spent a lot of time in game...so its not nearly as hopeless as you make it sound.

I purchesed the game on launch day on my way home from work, and haven't been able to create a toon yet....f u both :P

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124

/boo&bah

The only reason I've been lucky is I got a lot of game time during early access and I'm from the UK, so at certain times of the day the yanks are sleeping. So I don't feel it's hopeless at all, I was originally joking with the person who commented that If you were on Gigamesh you were stuffed :)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

/boo&bah

I think it would be fair to say that Square Enix massively underestimated the number of players they would get, which is both good and bad, good because it means the game will be  a success, but bad because handling those numbers is going to hurt a 'fragile' reputation. Personally i am quite happy to wait for things to stabilise, the game is a huge amount of fun, though there is one thing it could do with, or at least something i havent discovered how to do yet, and that is how to slap an ignore on the gold spammers..  As for me, im sticking around, I feel as though after a long time of searching i've finally found a game worth playing image

• Dangostreet1Dangostreet1 Member Posts: 2

However, noting that the launch JUST HAPPENED 4 days ago, losing interest in the MMO because you can't log in is pure nonsense.

I do know that the servers should be have an AFK boot system. I do know that SO MANY PEOPLE ARE LOGGING IN, so you can't log in. However, that's the success this game is getting.

Although Square was not expecting this much people, they are planning to add even more servers to lessen the crowd in each already existing server.

So don't tell me that you and a bunch of other people are losing interest on a game that reached the public for less than a week.

• PapajackPapajack Member Posts: 3

I don't know how many mmo launches you have participated in. But this is NOT the worst launch ever. I know this because I have been involved in launches that were worse.

Shadowbane launch was worse. EQ2 was worse. WAR was worse or maybe about the same. AOC was worse, once you left the starter area. If I were to give it some more thought, I might be able to come up w/ a couple more.

I have to agree with the OP - I've been in many a launch but to purchase a game and not even be able to queue for the game or even create a character is uncalled for. Launch day is one of THE most important days for an MMO - for many people it defines how the game will be run and is the FIRST impression.

In the case of FF - they're introducing a new version of a failed 1st version...which makes it even MORE important that everything run smoothly. SE should have "over-prepared" for the launch instead of playing it conservative and pissing off existing customers as well as potential ones.

Currently trying to play Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn

Originally posted by Papajack

I don't know how many mmo launches you have participated in. But this is NOT the worst launch ever. I know this because I have been involved in launches that were worse.

Shadowbane launch was worse. EQ2 was worse. WAR was worse or maybe about the same. AOC was worse, once you left the starter area. If I were to give it some more thought, I might be able to come up w/ a couple more.

I have to agree with the OP - I've been in many a launch but to purchase a game and not even be able to queue for the game or even create a character is uncalled for. Launch day is one of THE most important days for an MMO - for many people it defines how the game will be run and is the FIRST impression.

In the case of FF - they're introducing a new version of a failed 1st version...which makes it even MORE important that everything run smoothly. SE should have "over-prepared" for the launch instead of playing it conservative and pissing off existing customers as well as potential ones.

Yeap.. Everything you say is true. My only point is I don't think it's THE worst ever.