Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst launch ever.

AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149

I don't know how you feel about this but I haven't been able to play for almost a week now. I'm someone who can only play in the evening thus it's more difficult for me to join my server. I thought it would improve after a week, defending this game all the time, but it's even worse now. I'm already thinking of going back to my old MMO because I'm losing interest from day to day. 

Personally, I've never witnessed a mess like this, not even at launch. I was really excited to play and the first 25 were a lot of fun but this is a pain in the neck.

Comments

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

I don't know how many mmo launches you have participated in. But this is NOT the worst launch ever. I know this because I have been involved in launches that were worse.

Shadowbane launch was worse. EQ2 was worse. WAR was worse or maybe about the same. AOC was worse, once you left the starter area. If I were to give it some more thought, I might be able to come up w/ a couple more.

• AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149
    Tera, GW2, SW:TOR, Rift, Neverwinter and even Aion had better launches. EQ2 was many years ago. I think we can expect a better technology in 2013 (having atleast working waiting queues).

Rift's launch went well for some. However, for me it did not. 

I was hacked for the first time ever very early on in Rift. It basically killed it for me...

Not everyone has the same experience.... For me, this launch has been pretty smooth. Except for the awful user interface on Squarenix web site, and all the 'hoops'.

It's a difference when only some players are affected, like you in Rift, or hell a lot of players like in FFXIV now - for more than one week. Sorry to hear you get hacked though.

I'm not sure what you're having trouble with, and the other 50%.. is it that the servers are full and you're not able to log in?

I know some servers have MUCH larger populations than others, that's part of the problem. But waiting to log in is nothing new.

They should have a better Q system, that's for sure....

Changed it to "a lot of players". Yes, to be honest, I expect a better Q system in 2013, especially form a company which had big troubles in the first run.
  • TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    I see plenty of people dont bother reading the game news. They are adding more servers to handle  the extra number of players. And not only that, but its not like your paying for these days, not including the fact they will add extra time for everyone. If you can't wait, then too bad. Just stop posting about the same thing over and over.
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Are you kidding. It will go down as one of the most successful launches ever. They were expecting 400k players and ended up with 10 times that.
    Yes there are server issues because of the population, mainly because of no AFK system. Many players are unable to get in atm, myself being one of them. Other than that, the game is fantastic. How you can say it is the worst launch ever makes me question reasoning.

A. Are you mad because you cant get in.
    B. Are you mad because you cant get in and want to play.
    C. Are you mad because you cant get in and are simply venting on the forums.

I personally think its C but that's just my opinion.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by vidiotking

I'm not sure what you're having trouble with, and the other 50%.. is it that the servers are full and you're not able to log in?

I know some servers have MUCH larger populations than others, that's part of the problem. But waiting to log in is nothing new.

They should have a better Q system, that's for sure....

Do you happen to know what is going on? Its not waiting to log in that is the problem, a queue would be ok actually...

What is the issue you're having?

And as far as Rift goes... LOTS of people got hacked, lots. Thousands.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    The ONLY problem is logging in due to all the servers being full.   But once you manage to get in the game works flawlessly.  I played 5 hours straight this morning with ZERO issues.  Made it to level 11.   They are working to add more servers.  It's not a bug ridden launch, they just did'nt expect that many peoples.
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by vidiotking I'm not sure what you're having trouble with, and the other 50%.. is it that the servers are full and you're not able to log in? I know some servers have MUCH larger populations than others, that's part of the problem. But waiting to log in is nothing new. They should have a better Q system, that's for sure....
    Do you happen to know what is going on? Its not waiting to log in that is the problem, a queue would be ok actually...

Currently they are setting capacity at 5000 players per server. They are currently full of players who are AFKing to avoid log in issues. If there were an AFK boot solution, there would be no log in issues.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
    It's more like A+B+C and D because friends of mine, among other my wife, have lost interest in this game. Sucks if you were the one who convinced them of a good service. I'd be really fine with a proper que system but this random thing is bad.
    Originally posted by Krimzin

Originally posted by vidiotking I'm not sure what you're having trouble with, and the other 50%.. is it that the servers are full and you're not able to log in? I know some servers have MUCH larger populations than others, that's part of the problem. But waiting to log in is nothing new. They should have a better Q system, that's for sure....

Currently they are setting capacity at 5000 players per server. They are currently full of players who are AFKing to avoid log in issues. If there were an AFK boot solution, there would be no log in issues.

I must say, not having a system in place to kick AFK'ers is pretty retardersauce...

Originally posted by vidiotking

What is the issue you're having?

And as far as Rift goes... LOTS of people got hacked, lots. Thousands.

There are various errors. It all boils down to not getting errors when trying to log into the game. During peak times it can take more than an hour of retrying before you get in(not waiting in a queue, that would be too convenient)...not to mention the 3102 nightmare.

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by Abrraham

I don't know how you feel about this but I haven't been able to play for almost a week now. I'm someone who can only play in the evening thus it's more difficult for me to join my server. I thought it would improve after a week, defending this game all the time, but it's even worse now. I'm already thinking of going back to my old MMO because I'm losing interest from day to day. 

Personally, I've never witnessed a mess like this, not even at launch. I was really excited to play and the first 25 were a lot of fun but this is a pain in the neck.

You must be new to mmorpgs because this is nothing compared to some other games. Even WoW had this problem when it launched, too many people trying to play and the servers cant handle it.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Changed it to "a lot of players". Yes, to be honest, I expect a better Q system in 2013, especially form a company which had big troubles in the first run.

I definitely understand your frustration, I haven't been able to play neither but it's happened to me in other games launches as well.  I'm ok with it.  The game is great, it's not going anywhere so i'll just wait until they fix all their server issues like I did with those other games.  I find it worth it to have patience with a game I find very enjoyable when i'm able to log in.

Originally posted by Krimzin

Agreed, but there isn't one. So the status of their servers atm is pretty much a disaster.

Originally posted by Kaynos1972
    The ONLY problem is logging in due to all the servers being full.   But once you manage to get in the game works flawlessly.  I played 5 hours straight this morning with ZERO issues.  Made it to level 11.   They are working to add more servers.  It's not a bug ridden launch, they just did'nt expect that many peoples.

Agreed, and don't log out.

Originally posted by shamall

You must be new to mmorpgs because this is nothing compared to some other games. Even WoW had this problem when it launched, too many people trying to play and the servers cant handle it.

I'm definitely not new, my first MMO was in 1999. Well, WoW wasn't one of them. But again: I expect more in 2013!

• DecimanDeciman Member Posts: 101

50% of the launch is flawless.  That being the game itself is extremely polished.

The other half...server and congestion...not so much.

For this game to be the worst launch ever it needs the same server issues going on now paired with a buggy and unplayable game...the game itself also needs to be incredibly unfun.

I can think of a lot of games that had a worse launch.

In fact the reason the launch is going so rough is because the game itself is really good and a lot of people are trying to play it.

You probably wouldn't care so much if the game sucked.

Also, they wont start the billing cycle until they get this all sorted next week.  So this isn't going take away from your 30 days time for having purchased the game...

Yeah it does suck though, especially labor day weekend.  Its going to be a very messy weekend.  Be lucky if you get on and hope the servers stay up while you are on.

Oh and afk kickers wont fix this mess...its so easy to skirt an afk mechanic that its not going to stop anyone or bots from staying online despite not being active.  More servers/bandwith will only fix the issue and that happens next week.  Until then nothing is going to fix people inability to get on...though it seems some get frustrated at not being able to instantly log on and have more issues getting in than others.  See a guy complaining he hasn't been able to play all week...which is odd...since it normally takes me 5-10 min or trying to get into the queue, and about 5min waiting there.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

If you knew they "had big troubles" in the first run?

WHY DID YOU PREORDER?

WHY NOT WAIT TO SEE IF THE POOP WAS IN A GROUP.

I am sorry but I am sick of all this "It's 2013 it should be better than this".

Maybe I should have said that to the lady at the financial aid office when she told me "Sorry our IT dept has some people on vacation ATM. That is why you account says there are no unfilled requirements, yet the University wont release your financial aid because of unfilled requirements." Seems to me this is a much more serious issue than some full servers. But I digress.

As a random note I can't find a single copy of FF XIV ARR within 200 miles. Covering no less than 10 large scale big name retail outlets.

Edit: typo

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Worst in the last 5 years, MAYBE.

Not the worst ever...though you'd think their 3rd MMO launch would be the charm.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

During the early access I had the 3102 error for most of the weekend. That sucked.

Now though, if I just keep trying to log in, takes me about 15 min tops so far, and that's on Behemoth, which is one of the most populated servers.

If you're on Gilgamesh...I think you're pretty much s.o.l.

• nimbuszero2nimbuszero2 Member Posts: 43
    I'm on Goblin, been trying to log in with very brief breaks for about 5 hours (since 7:30AM PST). About to kick my monitor through the wall.