Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question: At what level does the game become fun?

2»

Comments

• KorzeamKorzeam Member UncommonPosts: 15

The right question should be :

If i have no fun until lvl 10, can i feel some fun later in the game ?

The answer is probably not.

• senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

Originally posted by Voqar
    ...snip..... The instance bosses are ok but the instances themselves overall are bland and uninteresting.  The questing is ultra simplistic/ultra generic.  But it's final fantasy!  Ok...even the story isn't presented all that well since cutscenes are simplistic and 75% or more lack VO.

I dont fully agree and i'll give you an example....

WARNING! Dont read below if you havent done Copperbell Mines yet!! WARNING!

One monster in the mine needs to be killed with the bombs that spawn. If you try to to dps'it, you will fail!

I thought this was quite aninteresting spin and though it's been done before, what hasnt? It fits the setting of the mine and it made me smirk when we faced this mob. There are other instances like this that i had to smirk! Even the music in some quests was inspired by old 80's 90's games!

Overall so far im liking it and i'm a level 28 pugilist.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

No matter what fans will tell you, the reallity is if you give it a few days and get to at least 20 and you can't say you really enjoyed the time than it's very safe to say you won't like it at later level either.

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Im gonna just say that if you have to ask where the fun in a game is....your either playing it wrong, or its simply not for you.   If your not having fun now, your not going to stay to find out....obviously the game didnt do what it was supposed to....win you from the get go!
  • gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    if you don't like it by lvl 20 then you probably wont like it.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    I've been having a blast from level 1, can't stop playing it.
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by doodphace
    I'd love to provide an opinion...but every single NA server is still locked since launch day...therefore its not going on 5 days where I have purchased the game, but there is not a single NA server that I can create a toon on...

make a toon some where then transfer offen it ...

You see, the few times I thought that, I goggle'fud if they have ever announced implementing server transfers...and seeing as they haven't, ill wait till an NA server is available before putting hours into a toon

Creating a toon on a japanese server shouldn't be my only option...

• cooleechang1cooleechang1 Member UncommonPosts: 24

The game gets good around 20+ for most class because that;s when more skills are introduce and the pace becomes much faster.  Once you hit 35+ you can start doing the interesting and fun/funny dungeon.  Not the story line one (Those are meant for idiot proof).  There are dungeons you get from the story line quest and those from side quest.  The side quest are much harder and actually have fun mechanics.  For example, just ran the 35 instance (fogot name) and you have to kill these sqaure stone mobs on panels and they will open doors(kind of like zelda when you move objects to platform).  First boss puts buff on you and you have to run to platform to get debuff or instant death(adds summon that can 1 shot if left alone).  Last boss has those stone I mention earlier that you have to place on platform cause if you dont and they died.  They will keep respawning.  There are also these wards that shoot laser and you would have to kill it or dodge laser(boss 25% summons multiple laser).  Than there are the wards where if a player stay too long near it it will create a barrier and people outside can't assit you(no heals or nothing).   To be free you have to kill the ward inside.  So if your tank or healer is trap that's GG.  This was a very fun and refreshing dungeon.  Took multiple try and was worth the death since it was very fun.  Also did the 38 dungeon and it's even better and also have its own mechanics.  I am told the dungeon gets harder and more interesting.  

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    I had fun starting at lvl1 also. I'm only lvl17 though even though I started playing at early access due to 1017. I dont' have the time to spam trying to get into the world. I try 5 times, if I dont' get in, I come back a few hours later. Since launch, I've only been playing 30mins to 1hour a day starting at midnight. That's my only gripe about the game, but it's a big one.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Game has been fun since I started at level 1. I would say it opens up around level 20. The one thing that I have not seen yet are open world dungeons. I hope their are some later in the game.
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

Intro, and by level 1 and only keeps getting better the deeper you get. Honestly, anyone whom finds this isn't fun might want to check for a pulse.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by r3t3

Intro, and by level 1 and only keeps getting better the deeper you get. Honestly, anyone whom finds this isn't fun might want to check for a pulse.

Not for me - I couldn't get through the initial couple of hours fast enough, worst part of the game by far for me. 

Not everyone likes the story aspect of MMOs, I can't stand it.

It would be nice if there was an option to skip the story and start combat immediately.

An engaging story such as this and you want to skip it? Yea don't think this game is for you, although later on the combat is heavier.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L