Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEVEL 45-50: Standing in town

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

Yep, that's what you do from 45-50, or at least what everyone is doing to get leveled up fast.  Stand in town waiting for FATE's to pop.  Yipee.

And you better get there before the 14:00 mark or you get no exp.  I feel bad for these npc enemies getting zerged and just straight up flattened.  I mean they are dead as soon as they spawn.  Thumbs up to who ever came up with FATE's. 

I've been posting about FATE's but they just won't go away.  At all levels its just camping in town and hauling to them.  If you don't do this, they will be down before you can participate.  Yes, you can do them randomly and rarely if you quest or do kill quests, but you won't see this uber exp these guys are getting.

This is probably the biggest lamest part of FFXIV.  The rest is cool.  But why allow this mechanic to let people ding so fast and so mindlessly?  I mean come on, this is just nuts.  You can ding 50 in no time.

I'm just fed up with this.  I press M and all my team members blue dots on the map are just nestled near the port waiting for the next FATE pop.  It's just so lame seeing so many people just sitting in town tucked in together like ghey ferrets.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Have fun doing that for the next few months/weeks leveling classes. Then you can stand in town and do nothing!
  • YuniqueYunique Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Utinni
    Have fun doing that for the next few months/weeks leveling classes. Then you can stand in town and do nothing!

The joys of new games huh. I'd hate if there were a similar michanic to that with any other game... I love exploring an MMO, not Idling in it .. jeez. y so pro

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

That´s why I deleted my old char from 1.0 and started With a fresh New char.

The game has changed so much from 1.0. It´s basically a New game. Why ruin the experience With an old character.

And, like With any other MMO, I have no pitty on those powerlevelers.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    By all reports there are multiple paths to leveling (skilling) why waste the experience on only traversing one path? The only disservice here is one inflicted on self.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• trikkitrikki Member Posts: 58
    I've been mostly doing leves and normal quests.If the Fate is near,i will do it.Haven't touched crafting things,it looks really complicated and time consuming. Im now 32con/20arc.Im getting horribly bored.Really doubt that i'll make it to 50.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

Originally posted by Distopia
    By all reports there are multiple paths to leveling (skilling) why waste the experience on only traversing one path? The only disservice here is one inflicted on self.
    Because everything else dries up.

There are very few quests past level 41. For the main story quest line you will do a few quests then have to get to the next level to continue. Definitely something SE needs to fix in the near future.

Hunting logs dont last very long 40+.

Dungeons give good exp but get pretty hard. So, grab some good people because hard dungeons + time limit = PUGs fail hard.

Leves dont scale well. While leves are repeatable as long as you have allowances they give poor exp at high levels.

So, basically that leaves Fates.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

In the Main Menu, find the button called Armoury Chest and click it. Next click the button in the most upper left. This opens the Main Hand items in your Armoury. Now with the Main Hand window open, select any of the objects in the window, Right Click it and select Equip.

That should solve your problem.

(In the event that the Main Hand Window is empty, this is actually good news. It means you can go to any of the guilds and speak to the receptionist and they will give you quests)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    If that's the way those people want to spend their time then they can go ahead. I am going to take my time and enjoy the game doing everything it has to offer.
  • gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Dungeons give good exp but get pretty hard. So, grab some good people because hard dungeons + time limit = PUGs fail hard.

you guys are complaining that fates are too easy and are complaining that dungeons are too hard... now you are going to quit because you are frustrated. LOL. Man, and you want to know why developers have trouble catering to the MMO crowd. they think they can get absolute perfection for 12bucks a month. cable tv is utter garbage and that costs 50+ dollars a month.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

I was running through town yesterday and saw a level 47 standing by the main aetheryte.  I think he was showing off but all I could do was feel sorry for him.  Here we are one week after the release of the game and this guy is almost at top level.  At this point he is probably one of all of two people at that level.  This is a non-legacy server mind you.  So he has obviously power-leveled and skipped all of the content that makes FFXIV appealing, and now who exactly does this guy group with to do end game group content? 

This is exactly the type of player you see, and will see posting on this thread, and future threads, complaining that they are bored and have nothing to do.  They blame the game because they don't want to craft.  They are not immersed because they haven't read nigh a quest narrative.  They haven't joined a Grand Company and partook in what that offers.  They have no professions and have not involved themselves in the economy via retainers.  They have not taken the time to help guild members and/or contribute to building a fun group of people to play with at end game.  They probably don't know, or care, what melding or convertible means.  All they do is fight mobs non-stop, nary taking a break, not taking into consideration the burnout factor, as is prone to happen with anything that you do, non-stop, all day long, 7 days a week  ...

.... and then they have the nerve to come to a forum and blame the game ... complaining that they are bored ... and have nothing to do.

Welcome to 2013 and the entitlement crowd.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by LacedOpium

I was running through town yesterday and saw a level 47 standing by the main aetheryte.  I think he was showing off but all I could do was feel sorry for him.  Here we are one week after the release of the game and this guy is almost at top level.  At this point, he is probably one of all two people at that level.  This is a non-legacy server mind you.  So he has obviously power-leveled and skipped all of the content that makes FFXIV appealing and now who exactly does this guy group with to do end game group content? 

This is exactly the type of player you see, and will see posting on this thread, and future threads, complaining that they are bored and have nothing to do.  They blame the game because they don't want to craft.  They are not immersed because they haven't read nigh a quest narrative.  They haven't joined a Grand Company and partook in what that offers.  They have no professions and have not involved themselves in the economy via retainers.  They have not taken the time to help guild members and/or contribute to building a fun group of people to play with at end game.  They probably don't know, or care, what melding or convertible means.  All they do is fight mobs non-stop, nary taking a break, not taking into consideration the burnout factor, as is prone to happen with anything that you all day long, 7 days a week  ...

.... and then they have the nerve to come to a forum and blame the game ... complaining that they are bored ... and have nothing to do.

Welcome to the entitlement crowd.

exactly. why cant they just leave the game and save everyone the hassle of bothering with their garbage.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314

Ugh, how boring.

And why wait around for them?  Seriously, while running around exploring and doing quest, I run into FATES all of the time!  They are always usually up so it is really worthess to sit around town waiting for them. 

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I was running through town yesterday and saw a level 47 standing by the main aetheryte.  I think he was showing off but all I could do was feel sorry for him.  Here we are one week after the release of the game and this guy is almost at top level.  At this point, he is probably one of all two people at that level.  This is a non-legacy server mind you.  So he has obviously power-leveled and skipped all of the content that makes FFXIV appealing and now who exactly does this guy group with to do end game group content? 

This is exactly the type of player you see, and will see posting on this thread, and future threads, complaining that they are bored and have nothing to do.  They blame the game because they don't want to craft.  They are not immersed because they haven't read nigh a quest narrative.  They haven't joined a Grand Company and partook in what that offers.  They have no professions and have not involved themselves in the economy via retainers.  They have not taken the time to help guild members and/or contribute to building a fun group of people to play with at end game.  They probably don't know, or care, what melding or convertible means.  All they do is fight mobs non-stop, nary taking a break, not taking into consideration the burnout factor, as is prone to happen with anything that you all day long, 7 days a week  ...

So much nonsense in that post. "probably one of two" a week after the game launches? There were over 1k level 50's within the first 48 hours, the game is ridiculously easy to level in. Skipped the content? There is barely enough content to get one class to 50 anyway and it's not something that matters when you are going to take that journey multiple times on one character.

As for the rest.. "they" do this and "they" do that. I thought you said that level 47 was just standing in town? You seem to have an active imagination or are able to read minds.

You my friend are what is wrong with MMO's, not the people who level fast, it's people like you who love to do nothing other than berate and complain about how other people play the games. Your whole rant labeling and complaining was based on someone who stood in town and had the audacity to be... shock.. horror.. level 47.

Welcome to the soap box crowd.

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

I was running through town yesterday and saw a level 47 standing by the main aetheryte.  I think he was showing off but all I could do was feel sorry for him.  Here we are one week after the release of the game and this guy is almost at top level.  At this point, he is probably one of all two people at that level.  This is a non-legacy server mind you.  So he has obviously power-leveled and skipped all of the content that makes FFXIV appealing and now who exactly does this guy group with to do end game group content?  This is exactly the type of player you see, and will see posting on this thread, and future threads, complaining that they are bored and have nothing to do.  They blame the game because they don't want to craft.  They are not immersed because they haven't read nigh a quest narrative.  They haven't joined a Grand Company and partook in what that offers.  They have no professions and have not involved themselves in the economy via retainers.  They have not taken the time to help guild members and/or contribute to building a fun group of people to play with at end game.  They probably don't know, or care, what melding or convertible means.  All they do is fight mobs non-stop, nary taking a break, not taking into consideration the burnout factor, as is prone to happen with anything that you all day long, 7 days a week  ... .... and then they have the nerve to come to a forum and blame the game ... complaining that they are bored ... and have nothing to do. Welcome to the entitlement crowd.

Hit 50 last night. I'll admit around 46 I just focused on fates. Group up in an 8 man party, do fates, and meet some cool people. This is my advice if you're like me.... as in someone who didn't grind dungeons for exp, didn't keep up with guildhests, or do any guild leves. Fates are bar none the most consistent exp high level in the game. But is it really "OP" if I grind for 9-10 hours straight for 3 levels? I mean you're essentially saying you want more single player ways to level in an MMO... when they're already there. They aren't as fast, but it's your choice for the pace you set for yourself.

Sorry in advance for any errors...cell phones suck on forums.
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I dont understand what's wrong with "standing in town" People stand around and bs all the time, if thats what they want to do then whats the problem? It is a social game after all. On a normal day in Wow there is more bsing than actual game play and guess what? It just as entertaining if not more.
  • slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    Yeah well I've seen people complain about there being nothing to do on the forums and on the game at around level 25.  Which is just the funniest and most ignorant thing I've heard since launch.  So yeah, I'll have to see this for myself.
    Originally posted by Kabaal

So much nonsense in that post. "probably one of two" a week after the game launches? There were over 1k level 50's within the first 48 hours, the game is ridiculously easy to level in. Skipped the content? There is barely enough content to get one class to 50 anyway and it's not something that matters when you are going to take that journey multiple times on one character.

As for the rest.. "they" do this and "they" do that. I thought you said that level 47 was just standing in town? You seem to have an active imagination or are able to read minds.

You my friend are what is wrong with MMO's, not the people who level fast, it's people like you who love to do nothing other than berate and complain about how other people play the games. Your whole rant labeling and complaining was based on someone who stood in town and had the audacity to be... shock.. horror.. level 47.

Welcome to the soap box crowd.

They don't do ...

Reading comprehension FTW.

... and 1k level 50's in 2 days?

Therein lies the problem, my friend.  You speak as if it's normal to reach level 50 in 2 days ... 2 DAYS???  I mean, did you do anything at all that the game offered for those two days other than power-level?  When you have 1k players reaching level 50 in 2 days, that's an MMO culture problem, not a game problem.  It's become a culture to rush to end game, because supposedly for many of you, the game doesn't start till end game.  You, the locust on steroids ... you're the problem!

For the record, I am fully expecting others who think, and play like you, to flame me for the above.  No matter what you or any of your brethren say, you are the problem in today's MMORPG's.  And MMORPG's will not begin getting on the right track again, until game developers start dismissing your baseless whines and complaints. 

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

I was running through town yesterday and saw a level 47 standing by the main aetheryte.  I think he was showing off but all I could do was feel sorry for him.  Here we are one week after the release of the game and this guy is almost at top level.  At this point he is probably one of all of two people at that level.  This is a non-legacy server mind you.  So he has obviously power-leveled and skipped all of the content that makes FFXIV appealing, and now who exactly does this guy group with to do end game group content? 

This is exactly the type of player you see, and will see posting on this thread, and future threads, complaining that they are bored and have nothing to do.  They blame the game because they don't want to craft.  They are not immersed because they haven't read nigh a quest narrative.  They haven't joined a Grand Company and partook in what that offers.  They have no professions and have not involved themselves in the economy via retainers.  They have not taken the time to help guild members and/or contribute to building a fun group of people to play with at end game.  They probably don't know, or care, what melding or convertible means.  All they do is fight mobs non-stop, nary taking a break, not taking into consideration the burnout factor, as is prone to happen with anything that you do, non-stop, all day long, 7 days a week  ...

You sounds like you're from the entitlement crowd yourself, slagging at others for playing how they want/wish. 

Myself, I quit yesterday at 30, game is borring as hell, I had to drag myself through levels. So i can see what that guy is trying to point at.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

It's threads like these that are so irritating.

For years, this community has complained (justifiably) that dungeons and leveling has become stupidly easy and a retarded faceroll. Now a developer designs a game where players can't just take one easy path to level as well as making dungeons harder. So then what happens? We see threads like this.

Please don't do this. There are many of us who are finally happy that we finally have one game.......ONE GAME again. Please don't make dumb threads like these. It would be better to adjust to the game or if you really need a face rolling powerlever of a game, WoW is a better choice.

If you are already complaining about the way it is, I doubt it will get any better going forward.

Originally posted by StarI

You sounds like you're from the entitlement crowd yourself, slagging at others for playing how they want/wish. 

Myself, I quit yesterday at 30, game is borring as hell, I had to drag myself through levels. So i can see what that guy is trying to point at.

The question begging to be asked is ... why did you wait until level 30 to quit.  If you had to force yourself to play to level 30, the game is clearly not for you.

What you, and your type, seem to have a hard time understanding, is that no one is asking you to stay.  It is inherently understood that FFXIV is not for everyone.  It is you, the one's that know the game isn't for you, that are taken in by the rave reviews and popularity of the game, and are forcing yourselves to play a game that is clearly not of your liking.  And then on your way out, you throw salt on everyone else enjoying the game, because you are the minority being left out of a game that the majority are enjoying to the tune of maxed out servers that players haven't been able to log on to for days. 

So, good riddance, my friend.  On behalf of the FFXIV, I thank you for quitting.  Maybe now, players who want to play the game will be able to log on and join the fun.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I would like to note that I get that you (according to posts I've read from you in the past few days) enjoy this game, and are just frustrated as a whole with a certain issue that you feel the need to complain about them on an outside forum as opposed to the official feedback forum.  But this is like the fifth new thread (New thread, not a response to one) you've posted complaining about  FATES, and probably the 10th just lashing out at the game and community in as many as two days.  Please just use any existing thread (as it is, in my opinion, rude to keep on creating new ones about the same subject as that pushes other, new topics made by others further down).

Though I would like to quote part of an article that I wrote some time ago that may or may not suit the occasion:

"When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth.  It is then when we see the character of the individual.  It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes."

This is how many gauge the maturity of someone they have never met before (and thus could never know for sure).  When used in an example with Video Games, it's the same as what occurred in Tales of Xillia.  Jude was only 15 and had a lot of things happen to him that ruined his life, yet he never complained and just went about doing whatever life brought him thereafter with his friends.  They all thought him to be incredibly mature for his age, as he dealt a hand he did not like, yet didn't bring the moral of his colleagues down by saying something negative every time they stopped for a rest.

It's a passing note and I don't mean to claim these threads are representative of that or not, but I am starting to get a similar feeling as a personal opinion of mine based on my past experiences, past thoughts and citing a video game (since we are gamers) that show an example of this.

Thanks for your time in reading this.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Should have slowed your leveling down . Go gather or craft .

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Don't blame the game because YOU CHOOSE to sit around and only do FATEs, simply because it's the fastest way to level.  You will never get any enjoyment out of ANY MMO, if all you do is race to endgame.  Stop and smell the roses.  There are several different ways to get exp late game.  Do a dungeon, guildleves, guildheist, chain kill group (which btw is actually faster in some cases than FATEs).  People always do this,  they complain about something that THEY are doing in the game...If you don't like it, don't do it...simple as that?
  • skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252

@OP

This is what happens when a new game is released.....every.....single.....time. If you make any sort of criticism about any feature in the game, you will be shunned and exiled from the community. I'm currently in that level range 43 right now and I find this to probably be the most boring leveling this game has to offer. I don't want to level another class, and I'm not "Speed running" to max level. I'm pretty much just not playing and building up rested exp because the game isn't fun to me.  But it's ok, we have the SE FFXIV apologists who see nothing wrong with this game. Can't wait to level my 4th class and have to deal with the same boring fate grind. And I love these "well you should have played my way" posts.

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by skamper

@OP

This is what happens when a new game is released.....every.....single.....time. If you make any sort of criticism about any feature in the game, you will be shunned and exiled from the community. I'm currently in that level range 43 right now and I find this to probably be the most boring leveling this game has to offer. I don't want to level another class, and I'm not "Speed running" to max level. I'm pretty much just not playing and building up rested exp because the game isn't fun to me.  But it's ok, we have the SE FFXIV apologists who see nothing wrong with this game. Can't wait to level my 4th class and have to deal with the same boring fate grind.

I don't get this, if the game isnt fun to you why torture yourself and keep on playing?  And who is exiling the OP from the community?  All they are telling him is if you don't enjoy it, don't do it?  All those responses would pertain to your rant as well.