Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Videos] Darkfall UW Adventures with NOX

Hey mmorpg.comers,

My name is Healing Hands. I don't usually post on these forums but I read it from time to time.

I'm posting this here because my clanmates and I (from clan Nox), are passionate about the game and want to promote it. There's no reason I personally advocate the game other than that I enjoy playing it and I want others to enjoy it with me (the more the better).

DF:UW is definitely not a game for everyone. Nor is it anything like the pure sandbox that was UO. But it's its own unique game and there's a lot to delve into and enjoy. It's not without its flaws but its strengths allows it to stand on its own as a solid and very enjoyable game--if you'll let it.

In this forum, there's 6~10 people on two extreme camps, and if  you really want to know what it's like to play DF:UW neither are reliable sources. Because the conversation on these forums is basically this: "game is bad so bad so so bad I loved the previous game this game is NOT the same game, I'm going to point out all the differences from DF1 and DF2 in the worst way possible" vs. "what other game offers you x and y and z you're just a burned out DF1 vet." blah blah blah.

Below are links to two videos I made of my time in DFUW. Although they have a few great fights I didn't make them to showcase me being "leet" and killing everyone. I tried to capture all the different kind of moments I have playing this game, and put them together into something that captures the overall feel of being a DFUW player. Non of the things that happened in the video were planned or discussed or reshot or anything like that. These are moments that happen spontaneously while you play the game.

Needless to say, I've captured but a fraction of the kinds of moments that keep me subbed. Those of you who are on the fence or curious about what playing DF:UW is really like, I hope my videos will help you figure out whether this is a game you're willing to take a chance on.

There's a steam sale of the game going on until September 2. Personally I think it is waaay worth the price, if you think this kind of game will be fun for you.

TL;DR Videos to help you get an idea of what playing DFUW is like--

The videos (I play primalist, a healer/support class)

Hands of Healing 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2fCAOy5jU8

Hands of Healing 2: Grand Theft Mar Shral: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mvx5SVCsE8

I'll be happy to answer any questions about the game on this thread.

-Healing Hands

NOX

Comments

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

I've never played the original version or this one - i think I'd like to check it out sometime but don't want to splash out without being able to try it first.

Having said that - your videos made me want to Vomit, with the Jittery Camera, Spinning around and bouncing around it was just like you were having a mouse seizure or something....

The game interests me a little, however i don't think your videos showcase the game too favorably.

Cheers

Paul

• HealingHandsHealingHands Member Posts: 9

Hey Paul,

The way my video looks is how the game looks when you play, because it has FPS movement and aiming.  I'm not trying to make the game out to be what it is not, simply for what it is. I'm happy you got to see my video and find out that it's not something you're interested in. If you can't handle rapid screen movement then you should definitely think twice about getting this game.

For me as a gamer that plays a lot of slower paced games (like Civ 5) as well as faster paced games (starcraft 2, counterstrike, team fortress 2) I really like the blend of FPS-like action in a persistent open-world MMO. I think to other gamers like me who enjoy that type of gameplay the video wouldn't be so puke inducing.

Best of luck to you in the future. :)

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

OP seems a authentic DF:UW supporter and for that yu made a good post from player perspective.

But i am afraid DF:UW is of no lonegtivity cause first you said its no sandbox means it discourages ALOT of players wo initialy have been intrested in this game and secondy AV  is able to ruin things as you know.  MMORPG's  have a big potions of being  investements in the future and AV prooved again and again that discontinuity is the characterization to describe them.

So maybe for a few people it has a feqw moments here and then but it gets fast old and you investement in the future is unsure with this game and company.

But again i point out OP is a good post for a supporter.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by HealingHands

Hey mmorpg.comers,

My name is Healing Hands. I don't usually post on these forums but I read it from time to time.

I'm posting this here because my clanmates and I (from clan Nox), are passionate about the game and want to promote it. There's no reason I personally advocate the game other than that I enjoy playing it and I want others to enjoy it with me (the more the better).

DF:UW is definitely not a game for everyone. Nor is it anything like the pure sandbox that was UO. But it's its own unique game and there's a lot to delve into and enjoy. It's not without its flaws but its strengths allows it to stand on its own as a solid and very enjoyable game--if you'll let it.

In this forum, there's 6~10 people on two extreme camps, and if  you really want to know what it's like to play DF:UW neither are reliable sources. Because the conversation on these forums is basically this: "game is bad so bad so so bad I loved the previous game this game is NOT the same game, I'm going to point out all the differences from DF1 and DF2 in the worst way possible" vs. "what other game offers you x and y and z you're just a burned out DF1 vet." blah blah blah.

Below are links to two videos I made of my time in DFUW. Although they have a few great fights I didn't make them to showcase me being "leet" and killing everyone. I tried to capture all the different kind of moments I have playing this game, and put them together into something that captures the overall feel of being a DFUW player. Non of the things that happened in the video were planned or discussed or reshot or anything like that. These are moments that happen spontaneously while you play the game.

Needless to say, I've captured but a fraction of the kinds of moments that keep me subbed. Those of you who are on the fence or curious about what playing DF:UW is really like, I hope my videos will help you figure out whether this is a game you're willing to take a chance on.

There's a steam sale of the game going on until September 2. Personally I think it is waaay worth the price, if you think this kind of game will be fun for you.

TL;DR Videos to help you get an idea of what playing DFUW is like--

The videos (I play primalist, a healer/support class)

Hands of Healing 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2fCAOy5jU8

Hands of Healing 2: Grand Theft Mar Shral: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mvx5SVCsE8

I'll be happy to answer any questions about the game on this thread.

-Healing Hands

NOX

Good stuff Healing Hands...you have any of the vids where Incognito takes a poo on all of you?  Just kidding,...but heres another good vid:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As935_cH2Nw

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

OP seems a authentic DF:UW supporter and for that yu made a good post from player perspective.

But i am afraid DF:UW is of no lonegtivity cause first you said its no sandbox means it discourages ALOT of players wo initialy have been intrested in this game and secondy AV  is able to ruin things as you know.  MMORPG's  have a big potions of being  investements in the future and AV prooved again and again that discontinuity is the characterization to describe them.

So maybe for a few people it has a feqw moments here and then but it gets fast old and you investement in the future is unsure with this game and company.

But again i point out OP is a good post for a supporter.

Every game will eventually get old no matter how good it is.  The most important thing is how long will people stay entertain with a $20 game and a sub fee?  I been playing DFUW since April and it doesn't get old yet.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Great post.
  • gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360

I want to mention one important aspect of this game, which is server politics.

It is very deep. It is a meta game by itself.  There is huge server war going on right now in NA between at least 4 large alliances.

Clan going to war over city/territorial control, clans getting defeated loosing/wining city/hamlet, clan making alliance, clan betraying their alliances, clan making siege pact, mercenary being hired/fired, clan closing their eyes for survival.

There is always pvp drama, tournament drama.

There are politics on Sea warfare, sea tower.

We have the usual who plays auction house, crafting, etc.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Nice to see someone post a Darkfall video on here that isn't just a bunch of people slaughtering helpless people.

Be very afraid if this game goes FTP.