Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game has the most stupid players!

rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371

It's unbelievable how stupid some of the players are in his game unable to grasp the simplest of tactics..

I just had to actually log off and take a moment to get over how shockingly bad a player was in my group, I thought at first that he was trolling but turns out he really was as thick as two short planks :(

I was in Cutter's Cry a level 38 dungeon and on the last boss, its a fairly easy boss, dragon eyes you run in and rams eyes you run out and of course avoid the blue ball.. anyway after explaining the tactics which in my opinion are fairly straight forward  the healer dies... that's fine of course not everyone gets in the first time.. so we explained it again to the healer run in when the message appears (dragon eyes ) 20 secs later he dies again he just stood there again and again  and again .. this happened 11 times ... no exaggeration, the time ran out...

This is just one example but i've had many pug groups like this while leveling and its so frustrating, i blame games like WOW that have made the newer generation absolute shit. You cant run in and just expect to win in final fantasy xiv arr you have to use your brain..

anyway i feel much better now i've vented logging back to game...but i'm never doing another pug again !!

lol 

ps please share your experiences good or bad in dungeons maybe ive been  really unlucky with my groups lol

Comments

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    well most of these players come from easy F2P games or from Action combat games . Also because the entitlement generation is playing they have lost all critical thinking skills and want people to hold there hands . Get used to it 

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

In some of the earlier dungeons, I was grouped with people who were not generally MMO players. 

Though they were often eager to learn, and very accepting of guidance. Not everyone is an MMO vet. 

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Thats your average MMORPG player tbh.

And don't the ps3 people also play on the normal servers? In that case you will get a lot of first time mmo players and people who don't know anything besides CoD.

• rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Originally posted by Ppiper
    I was pugging early on in a dungeon and the tank would aggro the mobs and bring them back to the healer and dps causing several wipes. However, someone in the group realized he hadn't tanked much so we tried to tell him what to do. He did better. No one got pissed, however. It's jut a game/

ye ive had a few bad tanks we try to help but it usually ends with them getting frustrated because we are telling him how to play, i thought at first  there was a problem with tanks in general because they would loose threat all the time but ive had good tanks that held agro really well so i think its just a l2p thing..

i think the new generation are going to need lots of help adjusting to a real mmorpg

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by rush1984

,dragon eyes you run in and rams eyes you run out and of course avoid the blue ball.. anyway after explaining the tactics which in my opinion are fairly straight forward  the healer dies... that's fine of course not everyone gets in the first time.. so we explained it again to the healer run in when the message appears (ram eyes ) 20 secs later he dies again he just stood there again and again  and again .. this happened 11 times ... no exaggeration, the time ran out...

So what is it then Run in on Ram eyes or run out because your contradicting yourself, no wonder the healer died if you where giving him/her/it mixed messages.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Its thouse PS3 players that never played with pc and are FF fans. they dont have experiement with mmorpgs like pc players.

yeah there is some bad players but there is some elitist dicks too that call every one else idiot retards etc etc.

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Originally posted by Snowdon_Cloudripper
    well most of these players come from easy F2P games or from Action combat games . Also because the entitlement generation is playing they have lost all critical thinking skills and want people to hold there hands . Get used to it 

id rather not get used to that, id rather just drop them and find someone who can actually play

Originally posted by AwDiddums

,dragon eyes you run in and rams eyes you run out and of course avoid the blue ball.. anyway after explaining the tactics which in my opinion are fairly straight forward  the healer dies... that's fine of course not everyone gets in the first time.. so we explained it again to the healer run in when the message appears (ram eyes ) 20 secs later he dies again he just stood there again and again  and again .. this happened 11 times ... no exaggeration, the time ran out...

So what is it then Run in on Ram eyes or run out because your contradicting yourself, no wonder the healer died if you where giving him/her/it mixed messages.

huh? dragon eyes run in ram eyes run out..what's so hard to understand? wait are you the healer ?

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Could there be a delay involved? How small are the time windows?
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I laugh at this cause most people on this site scream for MMO's to be hard, you would probably destroy your PC if this was early Cata heroics. Every game has idiots, hell still see some god awful tanks wipe in MoP heroics.
  • TechnohicTechnohic Member Posts: 148

huh? dragon eyes run in ram eyes run out..what's so hard to understand? wait are you the healer ?

In your quote you said run out on rams eyes, then later (the 2nd part he underlined) you said you run in with rams eyes.

Originally posted by VassagoMael

This game has the ***dumbest*** players!

"Dumb" is when you are not aware of or are ignorant to an idea, topic, or subject.
    "Stupid" is knowing the idea, topic, or subject and acting in it's opposition.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

In your first "sentence", if you can call it that, you say to run out when "Ram's Eyes" appears and run out when "Dragon's Eyes" appears, later you say that you explained again that the healer should run in when "Ram's Eyes" appears which contradicts your first statement. Perhaps you should take just a moment longer to explain yourself and use coherent, complete sentences, it would probably make it easier for someone to understand what you would like for them to do.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by Technohic

In your quote you said run out on rams eyes, then later (the 2nd part he underlined) you said you run in with rams eyes.

Damn that must be why the healer kept dying...

no seriously though i'm glad your on the ball 

• Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Interesting you blame WoW players since doing dungeons is pretty much what everyone does in WoW. I think your blame is misplaced.
  • MishakaiMishakai Member Posts: 105
    You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have.....

DRAGON EYES YOU RUN IN RAMS EYES YOU RUN OUT LOL

Even if myself or the other grp members that tried to explain this to him said nothing at all and the healer was learning from experience it wouldn't take 11 tries to work out now would it lol ....

anyway latex

• Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91

That would be funny if that is why. Poor guy...lol

Originally posted by Sunnyguy46
    Interesting you blame WoW players since doing dungeons is pretty much what everyone does in WoW. I think your blame is misplaced.

dungeons in wow are pathetic im not even going to explain why now i really must be off lol

• TechnohicTechnohic Member Posts: 148

LOL But it wasn't me.  I was just pointing out what they were talking about where you typed it wrong.  No need to get all worked up.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by Deleted User

DRAGON EYES YOU RUN IN RAMS EYES YOU RUN OUT LOL

Even if myself or the other grp members that tried to explain this to him said nothing at all and the healer was learning from experience it wouldn't take 11 tries to work out now would it lol ....

anyway latex

What does this mean to someone who's never done this and doesn't know what to expect? 

It either means:

- When "Dragon Eyes" appear, you need to run in. And when "Rams Eyes" appear, you need to run out.

OR

- When "Dragon Eyes" appear, you need to run in and ram the eyes, and then run out.

Actually, there's probably various other ways to read that too, especially if a player hasn't a clue what to expect.

I know you deleted your account, but for the sake of other new players one may encounter, when explaining something please try to take the extra 10 seconds to use proper grammar.

A broken sentence can be read various ways depending on the readers' perspective.

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

Ive done this dungeon, and I dont understand what OP means by dragon eyes and rams eyes?

The combat text, which appears in your chat box, AND on your screen, says, The dragons eyes turn Violet... or The dragons eyes turn Blue. 

At no point are any description of rams involved.

When the eyes turn violet, you stack on the boss to avoid the outside 360 degree aoe.. 

When the eyes turn Blue, you run towards the outside walls, to avoid the closerange 360 degree aoe.

When the balls show up, you stay where you are, untill the ball starts to cast its AE.. then you run away. If you just run from the start, it doesnt stop to cast its ae, and you just spend more time running away.

Anyway, rams eyes, dragons wtf... Its called out by the game - no need to get all zoologist about it.

Also, if someone is playing poorly, tell that person to stand where you are, and run when you do. - Problem solved. Even if the ball goes for them, you just wait till it stops and casts, then you move yourself and that person away. 

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

I find that most players are extremely apathetic to any consequence of their actions upon another. Don't blame wow for that, blame society in general. I've seen the "it's just a game" thing plenty of times, as if playing a game uses up none of your real life time and real life is on pause. 

Play with your friends, MMO's aren't ever going to get better.

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

Well, when the game has 20 out of 50 levels setup as tutorial and is generally dumbed/stripped down, ie, when the game is designed for the not so bright, what do you expect?

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

Dunno, there may be quite different skill levels within the population at any given time, and many people won't really learn how to do a dungeon from their first time running it. I'd generally like it if we could be nicer to newbies.

Utinii makes a good point, though.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?