Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pages being redirected

ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
I am getting pages redirected when I click on a forum thread. The page ends up at API downloads today. This is only happening at MMORPG.com so pretty sure it has nothing to do with my PC.

Comments

• geremadygeremady Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Same here.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Me too..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    aye.  pissed me off earlier. 
  • itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Originally posted by Scot
    I am getting pages redirected when I click on a forum thread. The page ends up at API downloads today. This is only happening at MMORPG.com so pretty sure it has nothing to do with my PC.

You are not alone. Someone is up to some real shady shit is my guess. The re-direct i got was to some fake anti-virus program/virus download. That only happened on one of the instances but i have had a few pages try to re-direct to other sites. If its an issue with the website the mods i'm sure are aware and working on it.

If its bigger than that who knows... If it gets worse ill just stay away until they address it.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    We are looking into this right now. Hang tight!
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by MikeB
    We are looking into this right now. Hang tight!

I got this too.  It started yesterday.  I had to do a system restore.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Thought it was just me.  But, yes, Ive gotten that redirect to freedownloads also.  
  • MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    It appears to be completely random which is leading me to believe there's a malicious ad being served from one of our 3rd party ad servers.  Is anyone seeing this from a specific link every time you click it?  Is it always when you click a forum thread link and does it happen directly on the click or does a portion of our page load and then the redirect occurs?  Any specific information that can be provided will help me to track down and wipe this thing out as fast as possible.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Originally posted by Meddle
    It appears to be completely random which is leading me to believe there's a malicious ad being served from one of our 3rd party ad servers.  Is anyone seeing this from a specific link every time you click it?  Is it always when you click a forum thread link and does it happen directly on the click or does a portion of our page load and then the redirect occurs?  Any specific information that can be provided will help me to track down and wipe this thing out as fast as possible.

It just randomly happens when I click on a forum post from the main page.. It never happens to the same post two times in a row.

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    Main page meaning the home page or a link from within the forums area?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    I have had the problem come up multiple times while clicking on the forum page numbers (i.e. from 1 to 2), as well as clicking the show more recent activity.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

Originally posted by Meddle
    Main page meaning the home page or a link from within the forums area?

Home page in the "Current Forum Activity" section.