Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of buying. Few questions though

So I'm an old DF vet and was really considering buying this game. Anyways my questions are; is all this talk about the game basically being a big PvP deathmatch true? Is there really nothing else noteworthy? I enjoyed the PvE in DF, has it really diminished that much since then? Is the crafting useless now or something?

Yes I have a dream… And its not some MLK dream for equality. …I wanna own a decommissioned lighthouse …And I wanna live at the top… And nobody knows I live there. …And theres a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.

Comments

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by Mr_Wolfx
    So I'm an old DF vet and was really considering buying this game. Anyways my questions are; is all this talk about the game basically being a big PvP deathmatch true? Is there really nothing else noteworthy? I enjoyed the PvE in DF, has it really diminished that much since then? Is the crafting useless now or something?

Doing pve is pointless because everything from gold to rare resources can be gathered whilst afk now and theres no enchanting, so no need to kill specific mobs to get those well sought after mats.

• DraconianredDraconianred Member Posts: 4

Go get it now theres a 50% discount on steam 

no crafting is not useless ofc , there's always need of maths and gold and markets now are up too 

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by Draconianred

Better yet, wait for it to go Free 2Play

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by ilives

Wait for a big maybe? DF1 never went F2P.  If you can afford $20 go get it now.  I gamble well worth taking.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Originally posted by gamekid2k

Wait for a big maybe? DF1 never went F2P.  If you can afford $20 go get it now.  I gamble well worth taking.

LOL...AV wanted to go F2P from the beginning with DFUW and everyone knows the Asian clients already are.  Its just a matter of time, the western model clearly isn't working out. (other than to beta test for the new markets)

Also, DF1 did go free to play image

• HealingHandsHealingHands Member Posts: 9

DF1 went free to play with no cash shop as a form of promotion to gather interest for df:uw, which they had announced by then. The implication of no cash shop meaning AV never seriously considered the move to be a viable long-term model. 0 monetization was planned nor implemented. AV won't easily switch NA/EU DF:UW to free to play. At the VERY least, the Asian versions would have to do considerably well and NA/EU version have to fail much harder for AV to start considering it. Guaranteed it will not happen (if at all) before 2014. This game is worth playing right now if you can afford the monthly sub. Honestly I'd rather pay $15 a month for this game and forgo one pancake dinner at a crappy diner.

Originally posted by HealingHands

. Guaranteed it will not happen (if at all) before 2014. This game is worth playing right now if you can afford the monthly sub. Honestly I'd rather pay $15 a month for this game and forgo one pancake dinner at a crappy diner.

1.  How can you guarantee anything, you work for AV?

2. If the game was worth playing, people wouldn't have quit and they wouldn't need to keep running these promotions

3. You wouldn't be throwing your money away with a pancake  dinner.

WELCOME TO MMORPG...again

• HealingHandsHealingHands Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by HealingHands

. Guaranteed it will not happen (if at all) before 2014. This game is worth playing right now if you can afford the monthly sub. Honestly I'd rather pay $15 a month for this game and forgo one pancake dinner at a crappy diner.

1.  How can you guarantee anything, you work for AV?

2. If the game was worth playing, people wouldn't have quit and they wouldn't need to keep running these promotions

3. You wouldn't be throwing your money away with a pancake  dinner.

WELCOME TO MMORPG...again

You're funny :)

1. Good point. I don't work for AV. Rephrased to: I don't think it will happen because AV never wanted to monetize a free to play model, and going F2P now would mean no more subs from what members they do have, having to invest money/time they don't have into a proper cash-shop system, and gambling that destroying the sub revenue they have right now will be worth the cash shop spending later; get econ'd on.

2. This promotion is the STEAM Greenlight sale, initiated by Valve to celebrate the anniversary of their "greenlight" program.

3. Yes, I would.

WELCOME TO DARKFALL