Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I made the switch to Xbox One.

124»

Comments

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    I have no interested in the PS4.  I like the direction Microsoft is taking the One as far as features go, so I'll be getting one of those. 

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• drgrandrgran Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by drgran

Does anyone know why Microsoft lied to us in E3?

They said they will have November release in 21 markets now only 13 markets.

Before knowing this i went to pre order Xbone. Eb games told me that they arent doing pre-orders cause Microsoft said to stop pre-orders. 

So i pre-ordered PS4 instead. 

If we are talking about exclusives for a system. How many Exclusives did Microsoft release this year for the xbox 360? 

So i was really thinking of this . If Exclusives for a system are so important isn't it good to have a running new exclusives running after release not just line up release dates? 

Sony got new exclusives this year for the ps3 systems.

I bought the camera with the PS4 as well so i can do all that voice activation and stuff. (of course not sure if it will have it either)

but the option will be there.

It still cost me less money for the PS4 and camera then the xbone + kinetic (which you have to have it plugged in to run xbone)

Exclusives aren't really important.

Price for the same thing is alittle cheaper.

Oh and with Gaikai you can play some PS3 games. Good luck on continuing your nice large library of game for the 360 . 

It was the intention for MS to release in more countries, but there was more preorders than expected.

Sony is in similar predicament too, but instead of not launching in EU as they did with the PS3 for a few months later, they have put a preorder by date of Aug 6th. If you preorder after Aug 6th there is no guarantee to get the console on launch. If you preorder after Aug, you may not get one until 2014.

Microsfts way ensure everyone gets a console on launch day.

Neither lie, it is how they are managing the HUGE preorders.

Kinect is not required to be plugged in now

You will not be able to play PS3 games from the get go, it is a service coming in later. If it comes later, Sony are rather prone for not coming through with the goods. eg PS2 did not get HDD in Europe.  The HDD would have advanced the PS2 considerably if they launched it, but trying to get old games to play on a new console is not high priority. Xbox 360 started to get Xbox games to play, but then got shelved as there was not enough demand.

Well i pre-ordered after aug 6th EB games stopped pre-orders after aug 6th then got word from Sony to continue pre-orders cause they can get them for launch day. Well lets say if i walk in on launch day and they dont have it ill take my money back. easy as that. 

good to know about the kinect. 

And i know about the PS3 games not playing right away the service still has to be ironed out. And with this service it is possibility to play PC games . Which is a high possibility. Considering the service was made for playing games on tablets and all. 

The difference between Xbox and Xbox 360 is that people bought alot more games on 360 then original xbox. Cause of Xbox live. It was greatly improved then on the original and people loved the online features it had. 

Hell i didnt get xbox live but i when i had the free month on 360 i did enjoy it when i was on it. 

The ps2 HHD was originally for the final fantasy XI game that came out. 

and for its time it had lots of support for it. NA not so much but Japan there was alot of games that used it. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2_Expansion_Bay

They followed through cause PS3 had the Hard drive from the get go, and they didn't need anything special to connect the harddrive to it.

PS4 even has a upgradable hard in it. Think the 500GBs is to small put in 1tbs hdd.

Xbox has a cloud service that you have to pay xbox live for its service. and who knows might be like dropbox and have to pay for GBs storage as well. I can see that happening. 

ASUS G74sx
    i7 quad core
    16gb ddr3 ram
    3gb ram Nvidia 560M
    240GB SSD & 750GB

• mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by drgran
    Originally posted by mrputts
    if M$ reneges on their DRM. (Not that they will but I don't put it past anyone to try to weasel their control ideas into a world some how.)

or SONY

They were going to do DRM too, but after the roasting of MS with it, they backtracked before announcing it.

Also another thing to wait and see is if Sony pause your game to show adverts

Yah as i posted before that i pre-ordered PS4. 

The DRM thing i have to agree with superniceguy.

If one starts up the DRM The other might as well. Then everyone will be stuck with the DRM .

That is something to consider too.

PC can gets steam DRM

PS4 and XB One can use their own DRM.

Agree with both of you.  We will have to wait and see.

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by crusher143

I dont get the point in buying a console. You can do everything on PC too, you want to play with a contoller ? Just buy one, you want to play on your big TV ? Get a HDMI cable, there really is no point in consoles. Oh and also games are even cheaper on PC.

And for upgrading, if you upgrade a PC at the time a console comes out it will last as long as the console since you have anyways graphic options in games unlike on consoles.

So tell me whats the point in consoles ? There are just only a few titles that are exclusiv for consoles but thats it. With a PC you can do even MUCH more, consoles are so limited. And If you build a PC on your own or just upgrade to new stuff its not that expensive.

I can understand maybe someone buying a console if he doesnt have a PC or doesnt want one. But having a PC and then getting a console,  nonsense really.

Why do we keep getting post like this? How can you do everything on PC too? So you telling me you can play God Of War, Halo, Forza Motorsport, Uncharted, Grand Turismo, Infamous, Heavy Rain, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Knack and Killzone on PC? Console gameers can do that and all for the price of $100-$500. That's why people buy consoles.

You keep getting these posts because they are valid ones. How many first class MMO's, Simulators or RTS games can you play on a console? And let's not talk about game pricing on consoles. Why should one sacrifice far superior utility and versatility for a handful of exclusive titles? Do i wan't more or faster RAM? I go to the nearest shop, by the modules, open the case and install them in less than 1 minute. Do i wan't a faster GFX card or a new CPU? Or maybe replace a faulty part? Same procedure. Do i wan't to upgrade drivers? One click at DriverMax and the new drivers are downloaded and installed. 

PC's drive the technology forward for over two decades with consoles trying to catch up. Do you know that when Xbox One and PS4 hit the shelves they will already be a step behind regarding their GFX systems? Less than two years later this step will have evolved into a chasm. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Please feel free to list these AAA PC exclusives that can compare to  games like Zelda, Mario, Halo, Uncharted, Last Of Us, Gears Of War, Metroid, God Of War, Persona, Final Fantasy,  and Forza Motorsport. Only a handful? I can go own forever with games on console thats not on pc.  LOL

I never said anything about not buying a pc. What I am saying is that its just plain silly for anybody to say they see no reason for anybody to  own a console.  This is not even a debate.

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    PS4 all the way.  I own an Xbox and an Xbox 360, but Microsoft's initial policies for the Xbox One were just plain abusive and were based on treating the customer like a criminal and attempting to further erode our customer rights.  They have since reversed those policies, but I still don't trust that they will not try to sneak them back in after the initial buying frenzy cools down.  After all, they clearly want those DRM-heavy policies, they just don't want to give Sony a giant head start in the next-gen console war.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• KyBoKyBo Member UncommonPosts: 140

Neither. 

I already own a decent PC, which negates any reason why I'd want or need a console that is inferior to what I already own the day it hits store shelves.

I also don't have to pay a monthly service fee on top of the costs for internet and subscriptions to online games on a PC.  Since I don't have to pay that extra cost, I won't have to bitch about the price of that unnecessary service increasing every year, which it no doubt will.

Almost every game that looks interesting to me will be released on the PC, usually at a lower price.  Most of those games will allow me to optimize settings to take advantage of the higher graphics and processing power of my PC for a richer game experience.  In a couple of years, I'll upgrade my PC for even better performance, which I can't do with a console. 

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Raventree
    PS4 all the way.  I own an Xbox and an Xbox 360, but Microsoft's initial policies for the Xbox One were just plain abusive and were based on treating the customer like a criminal and attempting to further erode our customer rights.  They have since reversed those policies, but I still don't trust that they will not try to sneak them back in after the initial buying frenzy cools down.  After all, they clearly want those DRM-heavy policies, they just don't want to give Sony a giant head start in the next-gen console war.

Sony were going to block used games too. Their policy allowed one game to be tied to your PSN account, but MS took it further by alllwing the games to be shared. More info here

They are both as bad as one another, but MS announced it massively in public, and Sony aborted.

They both were going to do DRM and they both aborted, and to get PS4 over Xbox ONE for this reason is stupid

If you prefer the games and what the PS4 has to offer then fair enough.

Sony also have a patent in place to pause your game to show adverts. It is usually a side effect to cheaper services, which PSN will be versus Xbox Live Gold

MS have reversed the policies to please their customers, Sony seldom do. Sony released the PS3 with the option for people to install Linux, then they removed it later with an update, making PS3s useless to those who wanted Linux. Even after an uproar they did not reverse the decision, and then Anonymous came along to create trouble.

MS are still bundling Kinect despite it not being needed, but giving FIFA 14 for free. This is what MS do, give out free stuff or sell at a loss, because they can afford it, Sony can not and just apologise. Chances are MS will sell Xbox ONE without Kinect afterwards but it is best being there at launch so developers will more likely put more attention into it than they did with the 360. I can imaging devs saying "Not much point spending much time on kinect features if not everyone has one" which explains why the Kinect on 360 was poor

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I recently got my first PS3. Until then, my kid had a wii, but I was never a console gamer, I was PC only. 

I love the PS3 so far and will definitely be getting a PS4, but not for a few years. I am still mainly a PC gamer, but I will definitely play my FFXIV account on the PS3 as well, and eventually on the PS4.

• XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by Shodanas
    PC's drive the technology forward for over two decades with consoles trying to catch up. Do you know that when Xbox One and PS4 hit the shelves they will already be a step behind regarding their GFX systems? Less than two years later this step will have evolved into a chasm. 

Yeah, I love my PC too, but call me when someone will be able to run the equivalent of Uncharted III on a $250 PC (which is called = a netbook)

When Netbooks will render Uncharted III or Forza Motorsport 5 graphics, call us.

You have to compare things in value range. Consoles are STILL a decent deal for people who don't have loads of money, want no hassle with mounting a PC but get first party exclusives optimized for their systems. Street Fighter IV was awesome on PC but on console you had 10 times more opponents to play against and honestly, even tho it runs with x8 anti aliasing or more on PC, it was looking awesome on TV too. Some people buy consoles for a "category" of games, for example "Mario", "Zelda" or "Forza", just like a lot of people buy a PC for MMO's, strategy games etc. Stupid to say one is superior to the other. It's evident that "power-wise", someone who has LOTS of money or good computer knowledge can make a killer PC. However, games are about gameplay and there are some console exclusives which I love and I would be sad if consoles disappeared from the surface of the world. (Only my 2 cents)

I own both consoles & PC's and never understood this PC vs CONSOLES war. So retarded...

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Yesterday we got some basic!just enough to add lot of promise but not enough to force user to yell :FINALLY SOME ANSWER!when you get out with more answer then you went in,it is never looking good .every body is then on the hunt for the thing that make corps like ms and Sony walk like they re walking on nitroglycerin coated fragmentation grenade!
  • IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    none; but I will get ps4 by the end of 2014 and I already have an xbox360 that I still use

gameplay > graphics

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Originally posted by madazz
    Originally posted by Quizzical

The only reasons I can think of to get an Xbox One over a PS4 are:

1)  Being a huge fan of Kinect,

2)  Being a huge fan of some Xbox One-exclusive titles,

3)  Getting a Microsoft employee discount price, or

4)  Not knowing any better.

Among people who will actually buy the Xbox One, I'd expect the usual justification to be (4).

The PlayStation 4 gives you far superior hardware for a much lower price tag.  Microsoft's backing off of some other anti-user policies may close the gap with Sony in those areas, but they haven't done anything to address the fact that they're charging far more for far inferior hardware.

If Microsoft could only attain rough parity with Sony in a generation when they made far more sensible hardware choices (Cell in the PS3 was a very, very bad idea), I can't imagine that having the hardware situation reversed will end better for them.

With the Xbox One, I'd worry about whether Microsoft is able to sell enough of them to get game developers to overwhelmingly be eager to develop for it, rather than many major games ignoring it for lack of market share, even without Sony buying them off somehow.  See, for example, Windows RT.

Far superior hardware? WTF are you talking about? LOL

Then again, this is the guy who said Oculus Rift can't work due to blah blah blah and then John Frickin Carmack joins their team and developers start expressing interest in it.... oh boy. If you had any idea what the specs were then maybe you'd say the same thing that other big developers have been stating... they are almost the exact same.

*edit and to beat you too the punch, the DDR5 ram won't make a noticeable difference in gameplay at all. The only thing that is going to make a difference is Microsoft has admitted 3GB fo ram will be reserved for the OS. With that said, you, nor anyone else really knows how Sony is going to utilize theirs. I am still smiling that you said Sony's hardware was far superior though HAhAhahAhAhahah.

18 GCN CUs > 12 GCN CUs

GDDR5 memory > DDR3

And they're both a pretty big difference.  Expect the PS4 to typically offer about 50% better graphical performance than the Xbox One, in addition to being easier to code for because there's no need to optimize things for the ESRAM.

And if you want to go ad hominem, you're doing rather badly at it.  I never said that Oculus Rift couldn't work.  I have repeatedly said that most games aren't ready for it, which is pretty much an indisputable fact at this point.  I think we're several years away from widespread (but not universal!) software support for it.

You can argue that the PS4 being about 50% faster than the Xbox One matters or that it doesn't.  But given the choice between faster and slower, wouldn't you prefer faster, even if it's only by a small amount?  Especially when faster is also $100 cheaper.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Sony were going to block used games too. Their policy allowed one game to be tied to your PSN account, but MS took it further by alllwing the games to be shared. More info here

Bullshit, Give us a link. The Japanese would never stand for that and Sony know it. So Sony has a patent but isn't using it. You talk like Sony announced DRM then backflipped on it. Give us a link of that Sony announcement.

They are both as bad as one another, but MS announced it massively in public, and Sony aborted.

Bullshit

They both were going to do DRM and they both aborted, and to get PS4 over Xbox ONE for this reason is stupid

Bullshit

Sony also have a patent in place to pause your game to show adverts. It is usually a side effect to cheaper services, which PSN will be versus Xbox Live Gold

MS have reversed the policies to please their customers, Sony seldom do. Sony released the PS3 with the option for people to install Linux, then they removed it later with an update, making PS3s useless to those who wanted Linux. Even after an uproar they did not reverse the decision, and then Anonymous came along to create trouble.

That was never Sony approved. Linux coders wrote the kernel.

MS are still bundling Kinect despite it not being needed, but giving FIFA 14 for free. This is what MS do, give out free stuff or sell at a loss, because they can afford it, Sony can not and just apologise. Chances are MS will sell Xbox ONE without Kinect afterwards but it is best being there at launch so developers will more likely put more attention into it than they did with the 360. I can imaging devs saying "Not much point spending much time on kinect features if not everyone has one" which explains why the Kinect on 360 was poor

MS will never sell the Xbox without Kinnect

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

If I get either, and that's a big 'IF' it will be the PS4.

I have both PS3 and Xbox 360 and I rarely use either anymore. However, the cost of a gold membership just to play online or watch Netflix on the 360, and the mere fact I've had to replace the 360 twice from overheating issues while I still have a launch PS3 in working order is the main reason I'll be going with Sony.

Also the debacle with MS and their back pedaling raises my distrust even more for them. Not saying Sony is angelic by any means but with my past experiences with both, I trust Sony a tad more.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

Linking patents and claiming they were going to use them doesn't really work. Companies have all sorts of patents that they never bother using. Apple got one long ago for a software that freezes the phone, making it completely useless unless you prove you're paying attention to the advert. Have they used it? Nope.

Sony announced since Feb that the system did not have built in DRM, people refused to believe them.

http://kotaku.com/just-for-further-clarification-they-confirmed-that-the-454006643

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

Those two links are from February.

But people such as yourself have REFUSED to believe them. And even when they kept reiterating, people just kept going "NOPE NOPE NOPE." Even AFTER E3, people were STILL trying to say they were going to do it.

Sorry, but every time they've said anything regarding this, it has always been "no." 

The closest you can claim is them saying that if a publisher wants to force it, they won't force them to back down. Of course publishers tried that this gen already with online passes, and they've given up on that. But they could still continue trying. This one is outside both Sony's and Microsoft's hands, however.

• CapitatCapitat Member Posts: 7

I'm in a similar boat I was originally going to pre-order the PS4 but moved to the Xbox One because I liked the title line up and my gamer are friends were all leaning that way so we wanted to all try get the same console.

At the end of the day it won't matter too much, I just want to get my hands on one of them :P