Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error 1017 World currently full, try again later.

2»

Comments

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

I picked the game on for PS3 on my way home from work launch day...by the time i got home, every single NA server was locked...and continues to be that way until now.

Lets review here......I purchased the game Tuesday afternoon....we are now Thursday evening...and I have yet to create a toon due to every single NA server being locked since i bought the game.....this isnt a "then roll on a low pop server" thing...this is a every single damn north american server has been locked since shortly after launch lol

In all my years playing playing AAA MMOs, including launch days in DCUO, Rift, SWTOR to name a few, I have never seen a cluster f**k like this ;)

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Un-F'in Believable they are now IP blocking NA off the Japanese servers. 

However all of our servers are full and there are ZERO servers where you can make a new character.

H

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by psiic

However all of our servers are full and there are ZERO servers where you can make a new character.

H

Im not uber mad or anything, but I have literally never seen anything like this lol

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    It seems they are kicking afk players now, I tried to stay logged in while I slept but came back to disconnection screen. Either that or I'm just unlucky and got dcd for some other reason.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

It literally takes me 6-8 trys/clicks before I get into game with the "world full `1017"  It has never taken me more than 5-10 minutes to get into the game, I dont understand why people are making such a big deal about this.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Originally posted by doodphace

H

Im not uber mad or anything, but I have literally never seen anything like this lol

Same and I've played everything since NWN on AOL back in 1992.  

I've seen bad launchs where servers struggled under the load, but NEVER seen servers showing as excellent with zero lag while intentionally blocking locking out more than half they people who paid for the game.

What really pisses me off though is the huge number of liars and bullshit artist that keep saying this is the way MMOs launch and its perfectly acceptable. 

NO! This is the way MMO's launched 10+ years ago.. NO MMO in the last 10 years has had anything other than nearly perfect launches. 

And, even 10+ years ago launches like this were still unacceptable.

Game launches do not have to be like this, the ONLY reason for this is because of cheap companies not buying enough hardware to cover pre-orders, and exsisting accounts.

Not to mention THIS MMO is NOT, repeat NOT new.. this is the 2nd attempt because they screwed up the 1st time.

This was suppose to be redemption, an apology to the fans, but no its more of a slap in the face.

Originally posted by thunderC

It literally takes me 6-8 trys/clicks before I get into game with the "world full `1017"  It has never taken me more than 5-10 minutes to get into the game, I dont understand why people are making such a big deal about this.

That is the point, they are letting some accounts through while just flat out blocking others.

That is the point, they are letting some accounts through while just flat out blocking others.

I seriously doubt that they are blocking certain accounts lol. Its more likely you have a bunch of whiney impatient drama queens who get denied on the first try and then run to these boards to cry......

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• xevanonxevanon Member UncommonPosts: 76

I will wait a few weeks ( I know its gonna be hard) before buying this game until things get stable

SE website message for the one that wanna buy the digital game:

Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we are currently experiencing extremely long wait times for users to be able to log in and play. As a temporary measure, we will halt sales of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN’s digital download products so we can accommodate all of those wishing to play. We are working to expand our server capacity in the coming days.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

Cheers

• SethiusXSethiusX Member Posts: 171

I actually tested this out, and others can too if they have two accounts available. My wife and I both play and we were both getting error 1017, and so I sat and spammed 0 on her login couple days ago. It took me about 25-30 mins and then suddenly the queue popped up, with about 250 people. So I turned to the other pc quick, and spammed 0 as fast as I could, and my account was placed in the queue to, a few places after her account. 

I've done this a couple more times since then, and it always works the same. When the queue finally pops for one account, both accounts are able to get in at the same time. What this seems to indicate is that all logging in to a server is suspended for awhile, and then for a little while (a very short window I think), they open it up and let some people in.

If you are lucky and you start spamming 0 right before the queue window opens, then you get in quick. However, I'm not sure how often the queue window opens, but I have not had to wait longer than 30 mins of spamming 0 for it to open for the two accounts.

Originally posted by SethiusX

I actually tested this out, and others can too if they have two accounts available. My wife and I both play and we were both getting error 1017, and so I sat and spammed 0 on her login couple days ago. It took me about 25-30 mins and then suddenly the queue popped up, with about 250 people. So I turned to the other pc quick, and spammed 0 as fast as I could, and my account was placed in the queue to, a few places after her account. 

I've done this a couple more times since then, and it always works the same. When the queue finally pops for one account, both accounts are able to get in at the same time. What this seems to indicate is that all logging in to a server is suspended for awhile, and then for a little while (a very short window I think), they open it up and let some people in.

If you are lucky and you start spamming 0 right before the queue window opens, then you get in quick. However, I'm not sure how often the queue window opens, but I have not had to wait longer than 30 mins of spamming 0 for it to open for the two accounts.

This makes a bit more sense, Guess iv just been very lucky then.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Originally posted by Vutar

I seriously doubt that they are blocking certain accounts lol. Its more likely you have a bunch of whiney impatient drama queens who get denied on the first try and then run to these boards to cry......

Ya, good call. My roommate is at the point of throwing things having tried for the past four hours to get in the game  without success. I'm sure he's just being a drama queen though. After all, "you" got in after a few tries. I completely trust you, no really.

Nod I've yet to get in, in under 4 hours of non stop clicking... I really starting to think these FEW people claiming instant access are on SE payroll.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    That's really odd. It was taking me 5-10 mins to get in since the 24th where I had to spam the start button lol; but last night after work I got in first time, no troubles no bubbles. Then again later that night. A bunch of folks I play with said they got right in too. I spose it was just our server (Exodus). 
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Vutar

Ya, good call. My roommate is at the point of throwing things having tried for the past four hours to get in the game  without success. I'm sure he's just being a drama queen though. After all, "you" got in after a few tries. I completely trust you, no really.

Nod I've yet to get in, in under 4 hours of non stop clicking... I really starting to think these FEW people claiming instant access are on SE payroll.

OR it could be you are on a busier server then others are. I've had to wait 90 minutes of trying to log in once, rest of the time it was instant or within 5-10 minutes.

Should (hopefully) be alleviated by Monday/Tuesday. If it really grinds your gears, try playing on a different server - their website says they are opening up world transfers in mid-September, I would bet that they'll be free for a while.

• ricardokisricardokis Member UncommonPosts: 5

Depends on the server, yesterday Goblin server was almost impossible to login, then i logged to Lamia server and i got in the first try. I feel sorry for everyone who did mains in servers like Behemoth, it´s probably much more crowded. 

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

And I am most definitely not on the SE payroll.  Was I lucky?  Who knows.  I've played multiple days in a row without issue.  I WAS on a JPN Legacy Server but I created this character on the NA server to log in a couple of times to see how the issue is.