Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV is NOT Available now

ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141

Don't be fooled by the AD guys, The game is unplayable at the moment do to congested servers. EVERY single NA/EU server is not open.

This is a friendly warning.

Comments

• bizoux86bizoux86 Member UncommonPosts: 85

Pretty much. I was able to make a character at about 2am (then servers went down for maintenance!). This afternoon I got in no problem at about noon, played for a few hours no problem. However this evening I cannot log in at all - keep getting error 1017 :( Hope to get back on later tonight.

Advice, if you can play really early in the AM or early afternoon - do it! Servers are opened and hardly an queues. Prime time though don't even bother!

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

It's not friendly, it's not true, and was it necessary to congest this forum with yet ANOTHER un-necessary post that could have easily gone into one of the other 5 threads.

I had zero issue creating a toon last night at 7pm and playing all night.  Then because everyone was whining, I created another toon on another server that was (in a queue) and immediately logged in with no issues.  Nothing special.  So I'm sorry that was YOUR experience but it isn't necessarily the majority.

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339

use autohotkey program to get in saves ya sitting there mashin o all day.  download autohotkey then for script enter this:

autohotkey

F2::

If State=50

State=Off

elseState=50

SetTimer SendKey, %State%

ReturnSendKey:

Send {Numpad0}

Return

hit f2 to start and stop...if you get into que then hit f2 or if you enter game same as well.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Funny, I was just playing.
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Ikeda

It's not friendly, it's not true, and was it necessary to congest this forum with yet ANOTHER un-necessary post that could have easily gone into one of the other 5 threads.

I had zero issue creating a toon last night at 7pm and playing all night.  Then because everyone was whining, I created another toon on another server that was (in a queue) and immediately logged in with no issues.  Nothing special.  So I'm sorry that was YOUR experience but it isn't necessarily the majority.

I just tried to create a character, every single server is locked to new characters in NA/EU. That's been the case much of the time since Square halted sales.

Square halted sales 2-3 days ago.  I created a new toon yesterday and another today....  The only thing I haven't done was try PS3.. because I can't score a copy of the CE... (I want the mount and the book)
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Square halted sales 2-3 days ago.

They halted sales this morning, not 2-3 days ago.

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141

Just warning people that they may not be able to play with their friends on locked serves. 

Sure you might get a very rare chance to create a character, but what happend when you log out? Hmm?

You'll be with the rest of us. Waiting until next week 

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Every single US/EU server is full all day when I try to create a new character, luckily I have a 1.0 character on a legacy server, but I still have to wait to log in.

Its worth the wait though, pity its on a US legacy when I wanted new and EU, I hope I can get into a EU server before the new servers are installed.

• Faran_BrygoFaran_Brygo Member UncommonPosts: 19

It's weird. I really had no interest in this game at all this time last week (well, ok, minimal interest :) ), yet because of all this hullabaloo about not being able to get into or play this game at launch, suddenly I now have a HUGE interest in wanting to play, so much so that I even stopped at a Gamestop tonight to try to buy a boxed copy (but couldn't find any).

It's feel like that South Park episode where Cartman buys the Amusement Park and "builds" all this desire in people wanting to go by not letting anyone in! Good move Square-Enix, good move!

I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque...

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Faran_Brygo

It's weird. I really had no interest in this game at all this time last week (well, ok, minimal interest :) ), yet because of all this hullabaloo about not being able to get into or play this game at launch, suddenly I now have a HUGE interest in wanting to play, so much so that I even stopped at a Gamestop tonight to try to buy a boxed copy (but couldn't find any).

It's feel like that South Park episode where Cartman buys the Amusement Park and "builds" all this desire in people wanting to go by not letting anyone in! Good move Square-Enix, good move!

It's the "you want what you can't have" move, and it works swimmingly.

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

Calling BS.  Sorry.  And if it isn't, you might want to buy a lottery ticket.  It just didn't happen.  Nice white-knighting though.

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    I think the NO create character is for folks with NONE on that server...if you have one there then I dont think you will have an issue

I don't need to prove nothing to you.  If I could screenshot when I created the characters I'd show ya.. but since I'm not a magician and I can't go back in time... just deal with it.  I'm not white knighting anything.  In fact, if you could go back I basically HATED the first one.  I like how anyone who says nice stuff though is automatically a "white knight".  Nevermind the hyperbole people are using about being stuck forever waiting...

P.S.  Just doublechecked... doesn't have a creation timestamp.. what a bummer.. I'd love to show it off just to shove it down the naysayers throats.

I don't need to prove nothing to you.  If I could screenshot when I created the characters I'd show ya.. but since I'm not a magician and I can't go back in time... just deal with it.  I'm not white knighting anything.  In fact, if you could go back I basically HATED the first one.  I like how anyone who says nice stuff though is automatically a "white knight".  Nevermind the hyperbole people are using about being stuck forever waiting...

I never asked you to prove anything, but i don't appreciate people lying when there is no reason, and what you said just flat out didn't happen.  Take it how you want.  I care not.

Originally posted by Skymourne

I never asked you to prove anything, but i don't appreciate people lying when there is no reason, and what you said just flat out didn't happen.  Take it how you want.  I care not.

And yet, it did.  And seeing as I don't come on to the forums and lie my arse off... I've got a decent post history and I've been around.  I've got zero reason to lie.  The servers were Ridil (which I understand which is why I recreated on a NA server just to see because people were complaining) and Siren.

Oh look.. no queue... here's me logging in:

And here's me in the game:

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

And yet, it did.  And seeing as I don't come on to the forums and lie my arse off... I've got a decent post history and I've been around.  I've got zero reason to lie.  The servers were Ridil (which I understand which is why I recreated on a NA server just to see because people were complaining) and Siren.

Sorry but he could be right. I bought the CE for the PS3 yesterday and set everything up for my daughter to play. It let her create a character and when she went to pick my server it bumped her to another and logged her in without issue. It was Siren. Dunno if they are trying to give priority to newly created accounts or characters but she got in right away. It was about 8pm CST.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Sorry but he could be right. I bought the CE for the PS3 yesterday and set everything up for my daughter to play. It let her create a character and when she went to pick my server it bumped her to another and logged her in without issue. It was Siren. Dunno if they are trying to give priority to newly created accounts or characters but she got in right away. It was about 8pm CST.

well it was Siren. it's possible i suppose.

Funny.. I show there isn't any wait and .. silence.  Guess my pic is worth a thousand words.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Funny.. I show there isn't any wait and .. silence.  Guess my pic is worth a thousand words.

I guess that settles it no one is having login issues...SE has been acknowledging a problem that doesn't exist.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

That's NOT what I'm saying.  My point is.. don't be greedy and keep going after Hyperion or Bahamut or whatever.  Once servers organize themselves out, things'll be fine.  But people are constantly complaining on here they can't get in... obviously they need to switch it up.  People using hyperbole like EVERY SERVER IS LOCKED... that's just not the case.

And I felt like I was called a liar on a forum.  It kinda unhinged me a bit because I don't lie.  Mostly I really dislike being called a "white knight" which is the exact same as being called a "fanboy". I'm not.  I could mostly careless.  I'll play the game to see if I'm interested, if not I won't sub.

I have a character on Siren.  i can't get in.  I have my main on Balmung and that's a fruitless endeavor.  I'm glad you can get in but others cannot.  A lot of others.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    That's NOT what I'm saying.  My point is.. don't be greedy and keep going after Hyperion or Bahamut or whatever.  Once servers organize themselves out, things'll be fine.  But people are constantly complaining on here they can't get in... obviously they need to switch it up.  People using hyperbole like EVERY SERVER IS LOCKED... that's just not the case.

You're forgetting people play where their friends are. WHen they're not planning on offering free transfers (supposedly) server choice will be extremely important to some.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Dude, if you still can't get on Siren.. I seriously just logged in in those pics... there wasn't any queue.  I don't know why you're getting an error.  Hell I haven't even installed that autologin script I saw running around here earlier.
This discussion has been closed.