Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall Unholy Wars SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends September 2nd

SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

Darkfall Unholy Wars is 50% off at Steam, fyi!

I am seriously thinking about buying it.  But wanted everyone to know. I miss the old UO days!

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by Saryk

I miss the old UO days!

Okay, I miss the days before the internet became a thing.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

I am seriously thinking about buying it.  But wanted everyone to know. I miss the old UO days!

darkfall has nothing to do with UO.. FYI

Game is a big failure.. everyone is leaving

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

Well, then you're still going to miss the old UO days.

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476
    I know UO and Darkfall is not the same thing. But UO had full PvP (ouside of cities) and full loot. So it is not good?
  • gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    It it's not UO but it can stand on its own.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    New DF is pretty rubbish compared to the old one. New one also has lots of stuff missing that was in the first one. Combat is also rubbish, like so bad.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    I know UO and Darkfall is not the same thing. But UO had full PvP (ouside of cities) and full loot. So it is not good?

my advise: keep your money in your pocket.. the game is still in beta fase..

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271

i just unsubbed from dfuw so a word of warning to potientail new players its empty and what clans are still

functioning are very clicky so youll find it hard to get anywere or gain pp and its very hard to solo most things in this game.

i was kicked from a clan because i couldnt play 24/7 the said clan had 8 ppl still playing at the time so this is the sort of ppl you will have to deal with.but having said all that if your lucky to get into one of the last few good clans and have plenty time to play the game can be fun.

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

UO = Good

Darkfall = Save your time and money

Healthy games don't need promotions.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Many of us have been playing since April.  We are still loving this game.  Ignore DF1 vets who can't let the first iteration of the game to go.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

The devs took this month off to go and release the game in Korea and Japan. People only found out when a mod let the cat out of the bag. Then just before subscription renewal they post about taking August off for holidays and moving offices and hoping to release a patch in a few weeks.

It feels like they are giving the middle finger to their player base. I know friends who have unsubbed over this now. It hasn't gone over well with the DF community.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog
    New DF is pretty rubbish compared to the old one. New one also has lots of stuff missing that was in the first one. Combat is also rubbish, like so bad.

OP if you didn't play the original Darkfall, you can throw out all the comments from bitter DF1 people.  I'm new with this game and I'm having a blast.  This game really fills the void that EQ1 left for me.  No quests, freedom set your own goals all set in a dangerous virtually seemless world.  

I didn't play UO but if you are tired of the same old themepark linear quest hubbing give this game a shot.

Originally posted by Mardukk

OP if you didn't play the original Darkfall, you can throw out all the comments from bitter DF1 people.  I'm new with this game and I'm having a blast.  This game really fills the void that EQ1 left for me.  No quests, freedom set your own goals all set in a dangerous virtually seemless world.  

I didn't play UO but if you are tired of the same old themepark linear quest hubbing give this game a shot.

And your comment is more valid than the "bitter" DF1 people why exactly?

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

Because they have an agenda.  They are mad they can't play their old game and will trash this game at all costs.   The fact that they can't play their old game has nothing to do with a new person enjoying this game.

Originally posted by grimgryphon

Because they have an agenda.  They are mad they can't play their old game and will trash this game at all costs.   The fact that they can't play their old game has nothing to do with a new person enjoying this game.

Really now. Well, I guess you'd know an agenda when you see one...

+1.  There are no games that will satisfy 100% of the population.  Believe it or not there are people that hates wow and GW2.  Having said that if you didn't play original Darkfall this is a must try.  Check out all the Ripper X video in youtube for Darkfall Unholy Wars.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Alone that this massive discount exists says alot about DF being a failure and they have problems to sell copies to someone.

This is fully justified. Instead of adding to the sandbox they created a themepark arena deathmatch almost on one wants to play.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    OP, DFUW is a great game for what it is. It is NOT UO. It's largely a pvp game. The pvp, city building/sieging is phenomenal. However, you have limited options in terms of profession. Everybody is either a fighter, crafter or both. If you're ok with that, the game is really really good.
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Alone that this massive discount exists says alot about DF being a failure and they have problems to sell copies to someone.

This is fully justified. Instead of adding to the sandbox they created a themepark arena deathmatch almost on one wants to play.

Why don't you enlighten us by naming another MMORPG game that is in the market RIGHT NOW that has

• Action PvP,
    • Skill based pvp
    • Open World,
    • Full Loot,
    • Massive area
    • city building
    • Housing
    • Conquest/Seige
    • Massive naval warfare
    • player based economy
    • rich crafting
    • collision detection
    • Friendly Fire
    • rich political/alliance system
    • treasure hunting
    • pvp boss
    • non instanced dungeon

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by Rusque

I miss the old UO days!

I miss the days before electricity became a thing.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

The game is very entertaining for atleast a few months. It is unique with its open world full loot PvP and you won't feel the adrenaline rush in any other game like in DF.

however the Dev is horrible with communication. 

And btw the promotions are made by AV and currently several greenlight games are promoted, DF is one of them.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    Originally posted by Rusque

I miss the old UO days!

I miss the days before electricity became a thing.

I miss the days before the printing press was developed. Good times, those...Good times.

The days when a man could be a man and witches were burned at a Stake. The days of the inquisition and periodic outbreaks of plague. The days of the crusades (real HARDCORE FFA PVP) and some serious crafting/townbuilding. Interesting political scene as well and some kick ass Guilds to join.

Fuck you 21st century...Just....Fuck you.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by gamekid2k
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Why don't you enlighten us by naming another MMORPG game that is in the market RIGHT NOW that has

• Action PvP,
    • Skill based pvp
    • Open World,
    • Full Loot,
    • Massive area
    • city building
    • Housing
    • Conquest/Seige
    • Massive naval warfare
    • player based economy
    • rich crafting
    • collision detection
    • Friendly Fire
    • rich political/alliance system
    • treasure hunting
    • pvp boss
    • non instanced dungeon

That list may sound good on paper, but a list cannot reveal how badly each of those features have been implemented.

As the OP played UO, i'll reveal the shallowness of owning a home in UW...

Housing in DF is a static placement in a static village position and offers nothing more than quick travel to that house. It has a few fixed house addons that can be used to increase bind spots and a place to store a few items via a bank. In DF1 this was actually an asset, because houses close to valuable mob spawns, dungeons and various other hotspots made them valuable, in UW this isn't the case due to pve being absolutely pointless other than to grind prowess, thus making them pretty much worthless in the long run.

So anybody looking at that list and thinking how cool it sounds, do a bit of research first before you buy, because once you scratch the surface your soon realize that the listed features have been very poorly thought out and badly implemented.

• DraconianredDraconianred Member Posts: 4

[mod edit]

Game gives some experiences I never had in a game befour I recommend it (but needs lots of patience that's for sure :)

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

I would say go play UO it is more polished, works better, and probably has better graphics (the last one is subjective).