Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO is 150 hrs of content enough ?

Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
It came up on my facebook page today that ESO has over 150 hrs of content ,now if that was an rpg I would be dancing with joy ,but I remember being half way through wow and on typing /play my character had clocked up 13 days or 312 hrs .I realise gameplay is a bit different from content but 150 hrs didn't seem all that much to brag about even if you averaged just 10 hrs a week that's not going to hold you long

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Tindale111
    It came up on my facebook page today that ESO has over 150 hrs of content ,now if that was an rpg I would be dancing with joy ,but I remember being half way through wow and on typing /play my character had clocked up 13 days or 312 hrs .I realise gameplay is a bit different from content but 150 hrs didn't seem all that much to brag about even if you averaged just 10 hrs a week that's not going to hold you long

Usually this refers to story content. Can't really place a time on things like PVP, crafting, general exploring, etc...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• myxaplixmyxaplix Member UncommonPosts: 41
    In WOW, I played 100s of hours without advancing any real content. Its hard to tell how long its would take to go through 150 hours of content. MMOs have a lot of distractions.
  • GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

I hope to god that's 150 hrs per Realm and not 150 hours total.

If I decide to play I will likely be doing PvP exclusively but I remember all of the screaming in Warhammer, Rift, and GW2 that there wasn't enough content to level yourself via traditional questing.

O there will be tears

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• AriannaeAriannae Member UncommonPosts: 40

My first Oblivion character had over 300 hours clocked on their save file.

And they expect a fifteen dollar monthly fee on top of everything else for this load of crap? What a joke.

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Well, that doesn't seem like much at all. SWTOR was purported to have 200 hours per class. If ESO only has 150 total hours...well...I can already hear the tears hitting the keyboard.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Honestly just announcing the game has 150 hours of content really does show their inexperience with the mmo genre.

MMO's dont determine hours of content like single player RPG's do and that they are still thinking like RPG developers is probably not a very good sign.

Originally posted by Ariannae

My first Oblivion character had over 300 hours clocked on their save file.

And they expect a fifteen dollar monthly fee on top of everything else for this load of crap? What a joke.

How much of that time was spent solely doing story content? IE no exploring, no downtime just chilling in a city, no time spent making potions, enchanting weapons, reading books?

Originally posted by psiic

Honestly just announcing the game has 150 hours of content really does show their inexperience with the mmo genre.

MMO's dont determine hours of content like single player RPG's do and that they are still thinking like RPG developers is probably not a very good sign.

Uhm you do realize just about every MMo team has given a number to it's 0-cap run?

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I don't think an MMO needs these kind of estimations.

This makes it sound like a SP game

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/the-elder-scrolls-online-has-new-game-plusish

"You can level all the way from 1 to 50 with your character; that's 140 to 150 hours of content," he explained. "Once you get to level 50, maybe you don't want to participate in the PvP endgame or you're not interested in group dungeons, but you really want to play more of the game.

"You can take the character and go back through the other alliances, but all of the content is scaled to level 50. So you can start playing through another chunk of content, but everything is harder.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    It depends on how the content works really.  Estimate hours mean nothing if it doesn't tell you what it includes.
  • ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

As much as i can remember SWTOR was also something around 150 hrs of content.. So you have a comparsion, although pvp endgame can add a lot to your played stats, and can not be counted towards hours of content. In DAoC i did 2 years nothing else as RvR...

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Enough for?

If it is fun content, then 150 hours of it .. is a good thing.

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Enough for?

Paying a year worth of subscription. At least if they want to earn some money, and want to make another game.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Well, I'm able to mod Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim...one mod adds 30+ hours to gameplay to Skyrim. Mods fix and modernize Morrowind. And Oblivion is overall improved with mods.  So when players create new lands/quests/races and what not, it will greatly up the amount of playable time.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by TheScavenger
    Well, I'm able to mod Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim...one mod adds 30+ hours to gameplay to Skyrim. Mods fix and modernize Morrowind. And Oblivion is overall improved with mods.  So when players create new lands/quests/races and what not, it will greatly up the amount of playable time.

This game isn't "modable" in that way.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Apraxis

Enough for?

Paying a year worth of subscription. At least if they want to earn some money, and want to make another game.

Well they supposedly have a 5 year plan taking effect as we speak, in their last interview they said the game is pretty much done, now they're beginning work on content additions.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

As much as i can remember SWTOR was also something around 150 hrs of content.. So you have a comparsion, although pvp endgame can add a lot to your played stats, and can not be counted towards hours of content. In DAoC i did 2 years nothing else as RvR...

Was that 150 hours for all the classes in total say 8 or even the full 16 ? If it's for one class like ESO then it will be quite a short game up to level 50. So it will probably be an altoholics dream. 

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    If the pvp and rvr is lacking, that 150 hours will be enough for 1 month. They need to show they learned from others mistakes and will create a world where we players can make the content ourselves. I'm not suggesting mission editing tools, but systems that encourage us to explore, decorate, socialize and have something of value to fight for.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

Originally posted by BadOrb

Was that 150 hours for all the classes in total say 8 or even the full 16 ? If it's for one class like ESO then it will be quite a short game up to level 50. So it will probably be an altoholics dream. 

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I already mentioned this on the first page. 200 hours per class in SWTOR.  ESO will have 150 x 3 realms. 

• McSireMcSire Member Posts: 43
    I know for a fact they said it will be around 150 hours of content per faction, so really it's probably close to 400+ hours of content.

Originally posted by McSire
    I know for a fact they said it will be around 150 hours of content per faction, so really it's probably close to 400+ hours of content.

Yes, you're supposed to be able to take your max level character and play through the other faction content. However, I'm not sure how this is supposed to work.  From what I've read, the three factions are at war. So at 50th level, you go over to the enemy and what? Do missions against your own faction?

• McSireMcSire Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Drakephire

Yes, you're supposed to be able to take your max level character and play through the other faction content. However, I'm not sure how this is supposed to work.  From what I've read, the three factions are at war. So at 50th level, you go over to the enemy and what? Do missions against your own faction?

The only time factions are at war is in Cyrodiil, so no. You will probably just be fighting the other threats, like Molag Bal.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Drakephire

when you reach lvl 50 you unlock the other faction zones.  they will have quests/story arcs relevant to your faction.  and as McSire said the game will supposedly have over 400 hours of PvE content at launch.  which is a lot imo seeing as I used to play skyrim religiously and have only spent 250 hours in that game.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Enough for?

If they just want to earn some money, and make another game, it is probably a lot easier to just make SKYRIM 2 (or whatever they call it), selling it $60 a pop, and then sell DLCs.