Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is some feature or thing you would hope to see in EQN?

joe2721joe2721 Member UncommonPosts: 171

I am hoping there is some sorta of treasure hunting. Not just weapons and armor but relics and deco stuff to.  One of many UO pass times was rare hunting and seeking out those hard to find items must of which were then just display in your house.

thats my EQN  wish whats yours?

Comments

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

What is some feature or thing I would hope to see in EQ:N?

Kelethin.  Handrails optional.  (unless there's a spiffy parkour animation when someone goes over the side)

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• wizardanimwizardanim Member Posts: 278

I don't doubt it.

Check out this picture.  There are items in the dirt between layers: http://i.imgur.com/lxdEi1C.jpg

My guess is you will find things as you dig, or progress in the world.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Features?

Hmm like when someone gets caught exploiting and/or using unapproved 3rd party programs like speed hacks... they get perma banned.   Also that its reported to their ISP so they can be banned from net access for AUP violations....   (while the ISP thing could happen I would be happy to just actually see Eula/ToS enforcement.)

and another feature would be... account level ignore lists.

Seeing as how those are some of the most common "missing" features in every other MMO...

I suppose that sounds pretty negative... Which is because most of the "good" has already been covered somewhere.   If they supposedly really want to build a community you need to provide a place where it can happen or even for PvP because nobody should want the cheats there either.

So that's why I focused on those "features".   I've been promised those things in a lot of games but they never really deliver...

• GnostikGnostik Member Posts: 47

I'd like to see a robust building/NPC system that people could use to set up shops that function even when they're offline. The NPCs would be "apprentices" that I could hire, train, and keep in the game when I'm logged out. They could sell my crafted goods to other players, and even craft basic items on commission, provided the mats were available.

This has existed in a few games, but I've never felt like it was implemented in a fun way.

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

Voxel snow....

.... snowballs

.... snowmen

... snow way it can't be in!

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

Territorial open world pvp. (maybe not everywhere but at least at a continent)

And yes.. treasure hunting would be a cool feature, too. As much as i know only UO got it.. and i really have to ask why.. it was one of the better and more unique features.

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Apraxis

And yes.. treasure hunting would be a cool feature, too. As much as i know only UO got it.. and i really have to ask why.. it was one of the better and more unique features.

DFUW, Runescape both have treasure hunting. Not sure how many more but that is one aspect of those games that kept me playing for sure.

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

I would like to see player housing done on a scale not seen since SWG, yea I am talking about open world sprawls of junk houses....but that also allowed people to make real player run cities/taverns/SHOPS/communities. Though a bit of control of the sprawl probably wouldn't hurt things.

I would like to see a BIG world, with real space between the fast travel sites, UO had moongates but there was still a lot of open space, SWG had planets with lots of space....we have lost open space in MMO's,,,except for maybe Dark Fall 2.

I also really really really want to see item decay of some type so it can have a good crafter economy. 

• Jagsman32Jagsman32 Member Posts: 109

Rewarding difficulty

Lengthy progression

Large amounts of socialization options (Taverns, entertainment, minigames, arenas, food/drink)

No instances

Just to name some.

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092
    Originally posted by Antarious

Features?

Hmm like when someone gets caught exploiting and/or using unapproved 3rd party programs like speed hacks... they get perma banned.   Also that its reported to their ISP so they can be banned from net access for AUP violations....   (while the ISP thing could happen I would be happy to just actually see Eula/ToS enforcement.)

and another feature would be... account level ignore lists.

Seeing as how those are some of the most common "missing" features in every other MMO...

I suppose that sounds pretty negative... Which is because most of the "good" has already been covered somewhere.   If they supposedly really want to build a community you need to provide a place where it can happen or even for PvP because nobody should want the cheats there either.

So that's why I focused on those "features".   I've been promised those things in a lot of games but they never really deliver...

Most major MMOs already perma-ban for using 3rd party programs to enhance your character's abilities (+damage, warping, speed hacks, invul, etc).  I can't recall any AAA MMORPG from my list of played games that didn't perma-ban for those kinds of offenses.

Minor 3rd party program use (things that don't really make your character more powerful, like macro programs, radars, etc) tend to not be perma-ban though, because they are minor in their harm and generally a warning is followed by a perma-ban for repeat offenders anyway.

I +1 the account level ignore list though.  Only a few, newer games have it, and it's a nice feature for sure.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    • customizable mounts
    • crafting resources with stats
    • true 3 dimensional travel
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Hmm, so much. I focus on some favs.

- playable races: Ratonga, Fae, Sarnath

- cool player housing similar to EQ2

- toned down, less clownish gear (aka: no giant WoW-esque shoulderpads!)

- really large zones

- tons of collectible stuff for houses as in EQ2

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Univers0Univers0 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    A continent with faction-based pvp.  Just to throw it out there, Velious has dwarf and giant factions, players alligned with opposite factions can attack each other and similarly it can be on a larger scale such as defence of Kael.
  • Burdoc101Burdoc101 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by wizardanim

I don't doubt it.

Check out this picture.  There are items in the dirt between layers: http://i.imgur.com/lxdEi1C.jpg

My guess is you will find things as you dig, or progress in the world.

Wow great find! That sword and axe are really hidden in the layers, gonna keep looking for more items!

I want everything they are promising to be well made and polished. And hoping that Day 1 there is no server issues (sooo unlikely) lol.  

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    open world pvp with restrictions of some kind and also some kind of faction(s)-system...
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I'm hoping a few things get reconsidered ..

Like making the combat more realistic, instead of arcade'ish moves and MoonBounce-like fights with particle effects instead of realistic choreographed combat.  Better fights than EQ1, but far less repetitive flashy-ness than GW2.

SWTOR had good choreography (ie not just lifeless attacks with particle effects.. but rather attacks / thrusts / dodges / parries / deflects / blocks visually shown & synced to other PC's / NPC's moves in real-time).

Truly pitch-black nighttime, using light sources to see only what is around you.  The better the lightsource, the further you see / the brighter the reflections off distance objects / structures.  This was very powerful in EQ1, and I don't agree it was a "denial of service" as SOE claims.

Deep progression within a players favorite class build.  Pick and choose to see what you like, unlock new classes, but if someone likes a specific style, let them go with it, beyond getting new titles / achievements.  Even if spending time just means getting a 1 or 2% power increase, at least it felt worth it.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

Originally posted by Univers0
    A continent with faction-based pvp.  Just to throw it out there, Velious has dwarf and giant factions, players alligned with opposite factions can attack each other and similarly it can be on a larger scale such as defence of Kael.

Originally posted by Nemesis7884
    open world pvp with restrictions of some kind and also some kind of faction(s)-system...

As a self-proclaimed PVPer, I'm having a hard time seeing how PVP will fit into the new lore which has less focus on racial tension and god alignments or factions.

If the world is huge, they could have giant sections for guild structures and land to capture/attack, but I can't see the point besides simply throwing us PVPers a bone.

Really hope they have something meaningful in place and not just leader board grinding arenas. I prefer when PVP isn't a side mini game, but that is hard not to do in most games.

Wildstar's 40 vs 40 guild designed Warplots sound interesting and something EQN could probably crank up a notch. Guilds could design their own battlegrounds and could have "friendly" battles which could be interesting. I loved DAoCs lower level battlegrounds that didnt have much importance, but were always fun. A player or guild could easily design something better, visually.

PVP is probably the only thing I'm worried about EQN not doing well, seems they have pretty much everything else someone could ask for. It is also what I end up focusing on in most mmos, hopefully they get it right. If not there is sure to be plenty to do.

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Allein

Originally posted by Univers0

Originally posted by Nemesis7884

As a self-proclaimed PVPer, I'm having a hard time seeing how PVP will fit into the new lore which has less focus on racial tension and god alignments or factions.

If the world is huge, they could have giant sections for guild structures and land to capture/attack, but I can't see the point besides simply throwing us PVPers a bone.

Really hope they have something meaningful in place and not just leader board grinding arenas. I prefer when PVP isn't a side mini game, but that is hard not to do in most games.

Wildstar's 40 vs 40 guild designed Warplots sound interesting and something EQN could probably crank up a notch. Guilds could design their own battlegrounds and could have "friendly" battles which could be interesting. I loved DAoCs lower level battlegrounds that didnt have much importance, but were always fun. A player or guild could easily design something better, visually.

PVP is probably the only thing I'm worried about EQN not doing well, seems they have pretty much everything else someone could ask for. It is also what I end up focusing on in most mmos, hopefully they get it right. If not there is sure to be plenty to do.

I am not saying they would, or even should, do this...

but isn't there a point to guild structures and land to capture if it is tied to the large economy? Isn't that the entire basis of Eve online's pvp system more or less? I mean sure it has smaller scale solo gangs but the big fights are exactly about capturing space. I don't think Devs have to feed us lore to make PvP viable, I think they just have to provide a structure on which PvP would be the logical outcome.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    no cartoony artstyle since it doesnt fit.. and their OWN animations instead of the ones they have stolen off other games that they have now.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Originally posted by Karteli

Truly pitch-black nighttime, using light sources to see only what is around you.  The better the lightsource, the further you see / the brighter the reflections off distance objects / structures.  This was very powerful in EQ1, and I don't agree it was a "denial of service" as SOE claims.

I was disappointed to hear no true darkness, but I think they said it might come into play the further down in layers you go. So darkness may play a part in some way, just not on the surface.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by joe2721
    I am hoping there is some sorta of treasure hunting. Not just weapons and armor but relics and deco stuff to.  One of many UO pass times was rare hunting and seeking out those hard to find items must of which were then just display in your house.thats my EQN  wish whats yours?

Bash players with a sword and board... Yes, I'm talking about a damage build.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    Originally posted by coretex666

Longterm vertical character progression.

That would be so awesome.

imo thats the enemy of any mmo and especially a sandbox game - horizontal progression seems a lot more advisable and give more longevity...

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I would really like to see vanity items or spells in the game. For example in EQ1 I loved it when enchanters could change their form and gain benefits that way. Like transform into a tree that had enhanced hp regeneration. I hope that there are spells or abilities in the game that are class specific that allow you to do some of this stuff.
  • irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

"Realism/Survivalist" options

-True night option

-Hunger/thirst/exposure to the elements meter that affects stamina and or health

-Death penalty slider to include permadeath...however the closer to permadeath you choose the higher your reward loot is from mobs to incentivize risk vs reward. IMO if someone takes permadeath and completes challenging content they should be rewarded significantly, like a gamble.

-Open world pvp flagging or flagging/rating system

-Player run shops with 24/7 NPC support, not simply an AH (this one is really low on my scale though)

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

Longterm vertical character progression. That would be so awesome.

Really interesting, especially when i read your own "sandbox concept" thread linked in your sig. I will quote..

What I think a problem with current games is that they are"
    1) Linear - You have zones, divided by levels. Towns with NPCs that give you quests which make you kill 10 wolves. Then you come back, get exp + gold and you are ready to move on to another quests, where you kill 10 birds for similar reward. It is practically just a way how to get to maximum level. The recently introduced dynamic events work the same way.
    2) Fast paced - You start at level 1. In one week, you are level 50 which is maximum level at which "the game really opens up". It doesnt...
    3) Rides - The game opens up at maximum level, so that you can go to do endgame content. You can choose from battlegrounds, raids, dungeons, arena, some meaningless sieges, quests,. Why? To have quick instant fun like if you play a race in Need for Speed.
    4) Everything is there since start - Again, you start at level 1 and the next day you are killing huge dragons and similar monsters. One hour after you start, you have a glowing sword as large as your body and full gear that makes you look like a raid boss.

Looking at especially to your point 1 one would assume that you are against longterm vertical character progression, because it creates linearity and the typical gated content we are used to nowadays.

Just out of curiosity, what changed your mind about that? That you now would rather see longterm vertical progression and a more linear, gated mmo?

At that affects point 2), too. Without huge vertical progression you will not rush through the content.. and again affects point 3)