Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Infographic Tells Story of Year One

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Guild Wars 2 has been released for exactly one year. The ArenaNet team has sent out a terrific infographic to give some of the more interesting statistical data from the past year as well as posted a new blog that details some of the amazing content additions of the past twelve months.

Those of you who have been with us from the beginning will recall that our first goal with Guild Wars 2 was to make a truly dynamic world where the actions of players change the world around them. We had railed against traditional MMO mechanics like quest chains that force the world to be static and unchanging, and instead had built a world full of dynamic events where players working together can actually change the state of the world. We knew we wanted to use live updates to make the world even more dynamic. And we knew that in order to really succeed at that, we’d have to be able to ship new content into the world at an unprecedented scale.

Read the full post on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Sasori_japSasori_jap Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Happy birthday GW2! Keep the adventure going for years to come!
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Grats on 3.5million sold. Keep it up.

Plenty of content updates as well...you guys are doing great ANet. Can't wait for the LFG system, new WvW map,  and guild hall/housing to get in.

Now that you have a year's worth of content resources at your fingertips, I'm excited to see how you plan on expanding upon the foundation over the next year.

For those who are interested in coming back, are new, or just want to know what's been going on:

Living World Summary

Releases

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• spaniard81spaniard81 Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by Sasori_jap
    Happy birthday GW2! Keep the adventure going for years to come!

Indeed!

So far GW2 has gone beyond my expectations and I am looking forward to playing this game fo rmany years to come!

If this is what it has been like in the first year, imagine what we have coming for the next 5 to 7 years?? Can't wait!

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    That is a lot of information..... 45 petabytes (WOW)

• DiemosDiemos Member Posts: 129
    It's been the best year I've ever had in an MMO. The bar has been set!

[PvX]Tempest - Check us out

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Congrats A-net on a great game I can't wait to see what you go coming this year.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• flclimaxflclimax Member UncommonPosts: 92
    that's the best one year later story since WoW or GW1.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I knew that people played humans more than any other race, but I didn't know the differences were that large.

Also, this reminds me of the Infographic done for Phantasy Star Online 2, except without a bust size chart.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• janjanahmetjanjanahmet Member CommonPosts: 7
    Amazing , Congrats ANet.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    How awesome! Congrats ANet. Keep up the great work. GW2 is an amazing and fun game. I do it all. PvE, PvP, WvW, or just standing around starring at my toons for the 15 minutes I have to play :)

• justincojustinco Member Posts: 12
    Great work Anet, GW2 has been tons of fun. I can't see myself going back to a P2P game while GW2 is out...
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Nice job ANet.  Keep up the great work!

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    So much for a dying game posted by so many haters! Congratz to ArenaNet, and all the awesome players I have had the pleasure of meeting! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

1 billion trading post transactions....wow

Is that the Gem store, the AH, or combined?

• NixeskaNixeska Member UncommonPosts: 39
    But will it blend?