Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I hate this game's pvp, why does everyone think its all that?t

2»

Comments

  • Bad.dogBad.dog Belleville, ONPosts: 1,108Member
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

    Only 50 people playing sPvP?

    More misinterpretation of what has been said by the usual suspects just to bash the game. When will it stop?

    It's really getting old.

    Hard to not look simple when you insert your foot that far into your mouth but I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's just boredom or being childish  ...+1 to it's really getting old though

  • mysticalspammysticalspam prairieville, LAPosts: 64Member
    if they only had tanks, heals, and dps this game would rule

    image
  • AeanderAeander Walker, LAPosts: 523Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by mysticalspam
    if they only had tanks, heals, and dps this game would rule

    They do have all of these things - it's just that everyone has to do all of these things at once. As opposed to having your teammates do 2/3rd of your job for you, you have to actually think and be responsible for yourself and your teammates. 

     

    And that's why the game already rules.

  • AeanderAeander Walker, LAPosts: 523Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by BichMittens
    PvP was pretty shallow in this game.  Follow the zerg, win.  Don't follow the zerg, opposing zerg finds you.

     

    Even Arenanet doesn't count WvW as PvP. Why do you think there are so many attempts to work WvW into the PvE experience? For starters, WvW counts towards PvE map completion. It also includes jumping puzzles and dailies that are lumped in with PvE dailies. Now add in that PvE gear is used in WvW, gear earned in WvW is used to PvE, and experience can be gained in WvW to level up your character for PvE (or vice versa). 

     

    It's clear that the zerg-happy WvW is not intended to constitute real pvp. 

  • KuppaKuppa Boulder, COPosts: 3,292Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by BichMittens
    PvP was pretty shallow in this game.  Follow the zerg, win.  Don't follow the zerg, opposing zerg finds you.

    Spvp is mostly what the OP is talking about I think. Which does not come close to that.

    image


    image

  • almalexiusalmalexius BredaPosts: 179Member
    I feel this game is very mediocre.

    WOW,eq2,Vanguard,WAR,LOTRO,AOC,Rift Aion, SWTOR, TERA.

    Currently playing GW2.

  • 9ineven9ineven Posts: 160Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by almalexius
    I feel this game is very mediocre.

     

    Signature: Currently playing GW2.

     

    You might change that now.

  • 1vald21vald2 StuttgartPosts: 75Member
    Originally posted by dimnikar

    What bother's me about it is zero strategy.

    In slower paced games that have more spells & skills, there's an interesting dynamic when faced with an equal level opponent.

    It's not so much a matter of who dpses who down first, but waiting for the other person to make a mistake. In fact, for me, a GOOD MMO pvp match can last a long time before it's resolved (low numbers, not ZERG obviously - different dynamic there).

    I like seeing/anticipating my enemies move, so I can counter it with a spell/skill designed for that. There is none of that in GW2.

    Reminds me of GW1's PvP. Which I personally like a lot more! 

    But I have to agree with the OP. The PvP in GW2 feels clunky and unrewarding. 

    image

  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by 1vald2

    Reminds me of GW1's PvP. Which I personally like a lot more! 

    But I have to agree with the OP. The PvP in GW2 feels clunky and unrewarding. 

    I prefer GW1 pvp too

  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon

    Combat in GW2 is all about timing and oredicting your ennemies actions... And so is the dodge roll,  this brings PvP in this game on another level.

     

    if youre not up for investing more time, forget it to be competitive at toplevel.

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • ZeroxinZeroxin LondonPosts: 2,521Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by lolunatic

    Seriously, I never log off gw2 with a positive attitude, it seems to always be in a rage-fit. One of the biggest thing that bothers me with this game is the fake dodge, it just doesn't feel like it fits, and the combat itself (how the abilities work + movement) just seem unbelievably clunky and un-fun. I give props this game's pve, even though I'm not a pve'er WHATSOEVER, and mostly aways just a pvp junky.

     

    Does anyone else feel this way? I hear ALL the time around almost all the forums that gw2 is a really solid pvp game, I mean it must be if it has this 'e-sport' following, and its own tournament but I just don't see it, in all honesty I had more fun pvping in swtor because I could at least tell what the hell was going on around me and could make desicions based on what I saw. 

    I've had this game since launch and I play it on and off just for the pvp, because I never bother with pve, I can't ever seem to stick with the game because I'm inconsistent when I play, ( I either do really well or do really badly ). I'm not just a hotjoin noob, I do the solo arenas, and try to keep up with the best specs.

    which brings me to another thing I absolutely hate about this game;s pvp, some builds are just insane, and can rip you apart if you don't dodge with in the 1/2 second you get, not to mention the animations for everything are incredibly small and your camera is pretty much stuck in your butt so you cant see around you too well. . .

     

     

    I am in a raging fit, but I just want to know how to does one find joy in this game's pvp, to me I haven't played pvp more frustrating.

     

    I make builds. I enjoy testing out and trying out crazy ideas and posting them on youtube. Geting those to work well in a competitive scenario is one of the great challenges of making builds and it's fun.

    People in this game generally follow the meta, I like to find ways to counter it. Everyone goes "Oh no, Anet you've gotta nerf that!!!" and I go "Hmm, if we take that class and that class and use these skills, we should be able to squash this little meta of theirs" unfortunately, I never have a team to try things with. But nonethelesss, it's fun to play in these metas and come up with strategies to counter them.

    It's all about the Build Wars for me. That's why I find it fun.

    This is not a game.

  • coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,928Member Uncommon

    GW 2 PvP thread reminded me of the "first impressions" video with Ripper X where he keeps repeating that he is going for some "open world PvP" and that he is engaged in "open world PvP".

    Always makes me laugh when I play it. It is like I am going to this special zone which is completely separated from the rest of the world for some open world PvP. Hilarious.

    Sorry for OT.

    Waiting for L2 EU Classic

  • djazzydjazzy louisville, COPosts: 3,578Member

    I enjoy it but there isn't a game that every single person will like.

    I mean I hate LoL but a lot of people like it. I just think all of those people are wrong and I'm right.

  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Posts: 2,114Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by lolunatic

    Seriously, I never log off gw2 with a positive attitude, it seems to always be in a rage-fit. One of the biggest thing that bothers me with this game is the fake dodge, it just doesn't feel like it fits, and the combat itself (how the abilities work + movement) just seem unbelievably clunky and un-fun. I give props this game's pve, even though I'm not a pve'er WHATSOEVER, and mostly aways just a pvp junky.

     

    Does anyone else feel this way? I hear ALL the time around almost all the forums that gw2 is a really solid pvp game, I mean it must be if it has this 'e-sport' following, and its own tournament but I just don't see it, in all honesty I had more fun pvping in swtor because I could at least tell what the hell was going on around me and could make desicions based on what I saw. 

    I've had this game since launch and I play it on and off just for the pvp, because I never bother with pve, I can't ever seem to stick with the game because I'm inconsistent when I play, ( I either do really well or do really badly ). I'm not just a hotjoin noob, I do the solo arenas, and try to keep up with the best specs.

    which brings me to another thing I absolutely hate about this game;s pvp, some builds are just insane, and can rip you apart if you don't dodge with in the 1/2 second you get, not to mention the animations for everything are incredibly small and your camera is pretty much stuck in your butt so you cant see around you too well. . .

     

     OP...I share your feelings about the WvW.The developers clearly have no knowledge of or concern for WvW.When the game first launched the were 2-5 hour long cues waiting to get into the WvW battlegrounds. Arenanet's solution was to ignore the cries to fix WvW(the complaints stated in beta) and the result is people stopped WvW or playing the game).

    GW2 is a good pve game...crafting and WvW are simply awful.

     

     

  • StrangerousStrangerous ny, ILPosts: 165Member

    Ive never heard anything good about GW2 pvp...which is sad granted how GW1 was a pvp utopia.

    Most of the people who I know that played this game didn't enjoy the pvp, and the brief time I played, the pvp was pretty dull.  Just spamming one skill with occasionally needing another one or two...and since they give you the full skill deck so early...

    I really don't get the hype on this site over the game.  The PVE was pretty dull...though it was perfectly tailored to ADD kids who just want to run around and trip over repeatable content...and it does do that quite well I guess.

    Looking back I just see this game as a quick money grab...for all of its hype (Im confidant in saying this game had the most massive hype campaign and viral marketing ive seen in a mmorpg)

    Here is why I think that:

    They promised to evolve the holy trinity into something more...all the did was delete the healer role and distribute its parts to all the remaining classes.

    They promised awesome dynamic content...its not dynamic, its static.  I knew where the certain events where, just go there and pop it...

    They promised revolutionary gameplay with dodge and skill combos ect.  Well dodge is exactly the same as it was in TSW, which was nothing more than a gimmick.  I mean its better than back peddling out of an obvious aoe...but certainly not needed, not responsive, and really wasn't even entertaining to use.  Skill combos...well everyone kind of just spams the same one or two skills for the entirety of the game so..

     

    So yeah the pvp...it was pretty shallow...not a lot of people liked it, I know that for a fact, don't care what youtube video you toss at me...I don't know a single person who plays GW2 for the pvp...they all play it for the casual mans pve themepark.

  • SilentstormSilentstorm Rahway, NJPosts: 1,159Member

    See not to use you as a example but. Here's the problem with complaining that everyone just uses the same skills.

    That doesn't translate into you actually being good at pvp. And in most cases when you do that towards a good player. You most likely end up face planted. Also that doesn't validly portray a pvp system. Because you could do the same thing in gw1. Difference in the two games is the bloat of skills available. And how hard that is to balance it. 

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.