Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get a refund.

SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

Call your bank say "The product is not as described.", they will probably ask for more information tell them the situation (The lady I talked to looked stuff up on the internet." after they see the game is unplayable by most standards they will say yes the product is "Not as described" and you will get your charge back. At least it worked for me, thought I would share.

Comments

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Originally posted by nttajira

why do that ?? how about you wait 1 week ?? the game have release recently , so everyone want to play

they will add server , fix stuft and error , and probably 1-2 day and you should be okay to play

that stupid cancel a good game that can last you for many year because you cant play RIGHT NOW ....

wow mmorpg player are sure ''special'' many of them look like manchildren , that just a game , relax and wait a few day omg...

my ps3 friend dont realy care that much they cant play right now btw , in 2-3 day or maybe one week they should play .

Ummmm excuse the eff out of me...I am with the OP on this one...MONEY HAS EXCHANGED HANDS...He is not getting what he paid for and has a reasonable expectation of something to play and if he wants his money back then that is his perogative because it is HIS money not YOURS..... 

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    meh, better off without him if he jumps ship that quick :P
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321

If you are a fan of MMO's then I recommend you keep the game, it's the best on the market by far. Once you can get in and start playing kiss your other MMO's goodbye. 

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    chargebacks is a sure way to get blacklisted from SE games.
  • simulacrasimulacra Member CommonPosts: 93
    This game is worth some patience. They will fix the issues. Getting a refund bc it's not working right during the first couple days is idiotic. This is a long term investment, not a meal at a restaurant you return because it wasn't pleasing
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Just let these people get their refunds and leave. They will be happy and the community will be better off as well.
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    I hope he gets his money back and then Square black lists him for not going threw the proper channels to do it. We dont need impaiant people like the OP in this game and the community will be better off with out him.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Totaly agreed, its a launch and if you quit at day 2 becuase there are problems at a luanch you do not deserve to be part of the better part of the community.
    Hope you get your money back dude have fun with the next refund from the next new mmo.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

its worth bearing in mind, that if you attempt a charge back for 'frivolous' reasons, your bank is also not going to be happy with you, and being blacklisted with your own bank is probably not a good thing to be.

Charge back is and always has been, regarded as the 'last resort' when all other attempts at negotiation have failed. If you can't prove that you even tried to negotiate with the seller etc, then you might find yourself with some bank charges for wasting the banks time, of course it depends on the bank, but most will need some degree of evidence to proceed with a charge back in the first place.

[mod edit[

The first week of any games launch is going to be busy, pretty sure all those people who bought GW2 the first week didnt demand their money back because they had to queue to play, and GW2 had some horrendous queues. The more popular a game is the more those queues are going to be present, and im guessing that Square Enix underestimated just how many people were really into their game, not the first time a company has made 'that' mistake, but im pretty sure they'll increase their server numbers to compensate. image

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Only be annoyed if paid for early access as launch time isn't the best time to start playing a game. So, wait a week. Have to expect afew problems at the start.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

Um, I waited 3 years for them to make 1.0 better and they failed, I paid for 90 days of sub so that I was legacy.

I paid 60 dollars for the CE, because I believed Yoshi P and he lied, the game is good but the service is still shit.

I could careless if SE blacklists me I'm done with them anyways I will not be purchasing another SE game.

This was just the final straw for me with SE/FFXIV I'm walking away because I can do without the headache and the excuses.

My bank has already approved my charge back it has already appeared on my bank statement, although the money will not be in my account for 30 days. I asked the lady on the phone and she said "It is my right to ask for a charge back on a product that, too me and them that is not as described", it is settled my bank could careless so stop trying to scare people into not getting their money back if they want it.

YOUR BANK WILL NOT BLACKLIST YOU, SE VERY WELL MAY.
  • WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 375
    Originally posted by Serenes

Um, I waited 3 years for them to make 1.0 better and they failed, I paid for 90 days of sub so that I was legacy.

I paid 60 dollars for the CE, because I believed Yoshi P and he lied, the game is good but the service is still shit.

I could careless if SE blacklists me I'm done with them anyways I will not be purchasing another SE game.

This was just the final straw for me with SE/FFXIV I'm walking away because I can do without the headache and the excuses.

My bank has already approved my charge back it has already appeared on my bank statement, although the money will not be in my account for 30 days. I asked the lady on the phone and she said "It is my right to ask for a charge back on a product that, too me and them that is not as described", it is settled my bank could careless so stop trying to scare people into not getting their money back if they want it.

It's a bank-to-bank basis.  People should be scaring others into not just charging back because while your bank doesn't care, that doesn't mean others don't.  I know for a fact that mine would very well bend me over a barrel if I charge-backed on products I didn't like frivolously.   

Oh, and I like how you admit the game is good but still say the product is not as described.  Games are described as games, not the service.  Sure the login issues are bad, but they don't describe in their products "We have flawless servers."  So, yeah.   Definitely not all banks are going to go for that. 

• aliton12aliton12 Member Posts: 18
    Report ... it's act of abuse and false complain to Bank. You should not follow what he suggest.
    Originally posted by Wankyudo

It's a bank-to-bank basis.  People should be scaring others into not just charging back because while your bank doesn't care, that doesn't mean others don't.  I know for a fact that mine would very well bend me over a barrel if I charge-backed on products I didn't like frivolously.   

Oh, and I like how you admit the game is good but still say the product is not as described.  Games are described as games, not the service.  Sure the login issues are bad, but they don't describe in their products "We have flawless servers."  So, yeah.   Definitely not all banks are going to go for that. 

Yes because the start screen is how they described the game.

I told them my exact issue with the game, that it was basically unplayable, she even looked up information on the error that I was having consistently, and that I gave them a 3 day period to make any efforts to make this any better for me, and they failed to do so.

I'm sorry if you fan boys can not come to terms with the fact that a lot of the technical side of this launch is not within the norms.

Yes because the start screen is how they described the game.

I told them my exact issue with the game, that it was basically unplayable, she even looked up information on the error that I was having consistently, and that I gave them a 3 day period to make any efforts to make this any better for me, and they failed to do so.

I'm sorry if you fan boys can not come to terms with the fact that a lot of the technical side of this launch is not within the norms.

First.   Not within the norms?  Norms for what?  Launch or games that have been out for a long period of time?

Because if you've played ANY MMO at launch, this is quite clearly the norm.  Actually, I'd say it's better then the norm, because all they have to do is fix the login issue.  Once they do that, there hasn't been any noticeable or gamebreaking bugs inside the game that they have to replicate and fix.

Norm, loot bug in WoW/frequent crashes/Queues of upwards of 12k people.

Norm, Neverwinter having to rollback its economy because of an auction house exploit causing a massive influctuation of Astral Diamonds.

There's a list of past and present "Norms."  Either one is bad.

Two.  The start screen does not describe the game.  The start screen gives you details on the game after you've already purchased it, and does not describe what is being purchased.  

Three.  Again, bank-to-bank. She googled login issues, and decided that was enough.  Not all banks are going to decide that, so you're actively telling people to rock the boat with their banks which not necessarily will fly well.

Oh, and thanks for calling me a fan boy.  You know what?  I love the game.  I found a game that I actually sympathize with the fan boys because login issues aside, I haven't found anything that I could say negative or pick apart like any of the other MMOs I've played.  I'll take it as a compliment.  Now please, let the door hit you on the way out.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    (...)

Actually, it is within the "norms", as in

2.general level or average: Two cars per family is the norm in most suburban communities.

but  you have the right to expect certain criteria to be met even if those criteria would require a service that is above the norm.

I love how mad people get.

I'm not forcing people to get charge backs and if a bank is unwilling to do a charge back they will tell you.

I only put the information that my bank was okay with it.

Calm down.

"DON'T LIKE MY GAME I WISH BAD THING A ON YOU AND SAY AWFUL THING B AND TAKE THIS SHIT C."

Its quite amusing.

Starts finding problems refuting arguments > Goes troll route.

Good show chap.

Also not mad brah.  I'm just not half-assed if I'm going to argue a point.

• tadams2tonetadams2tone Member UncommonPosts: 59

So sick of these screaming man-children (or just plain children) making cry baby threads like this one. 

This is actually not the proper way to get a refund.  If you really want one, just ask SE, they will gladly give you one.

Also, I call B.S.

Any bank would first ask if you tried to get a refund the normal way.  Did they?  If so did you lie to them?  They then go through a mandatory investigation period while you get the money temporarily credited to your account.  It is not instantly over the phone with a 30 day waiting period.

This launch is normal.  Problems happen during every major mmo launch.  Why do people not understand this? 

I know you didn't get your fix like you wanted to, but you need to calm down and examine your behavior.

Again to anyone else considering this, just go through the proper channels, SE is pretty good about refunds.  Or better yet, just play?  The game has been fine for the last 2 days.  It takes like maybe 5 min to log in during peak hours. 

People like the OP make me ashamed to be a part of this community.  I'm so sick of these threads.  Get a grip people.

I'm not forcing people to get charge backs and if a bank is unwilling to do a charge back they will tell you.

Calm down.

"DON'T LIKE MY GAME I WISH BAD THING A ON YOU AND SAY AWFUL THING B AND TAKE THIS SHIT C."

Its quite amusing.

Good show chap.

How am I trolling you? I gave people information on my experience.

I'm not the one making statements like "I hope the door hits you on your way out." that is a troll statement I have stayed calm and nice this entire time, I'm sorry that you cannot do the same.

Originally posted by tadams2tone

So sick of these screaming man-children (or just plain children) making cry baby threads like this one. 

This is actually not the proper way to get a refund.  If you really want one, just ask SE, they will gladly give you one.

Also, I call B.S.

Any bank would first ask if you tried to get a refund the normal way.  Did they?  If so did you lie to them?  They then go through a mandatory investigation period while you get the money temporarily credited to your account.  It is not instantly over the phone with a 30 day waiting period.

This launch is normal.  Problems happen during every major mmo launch.  Why do people not understand this? 

I know you didn't get your fix like you wanted to, but you need to calm down and examine your behavior.

Again to anyone else considering this, just go through the proper channels, SE is pretty good about refunds.  Or better yet, just play?  The game has been fine for the last 2 days.  It takes like maybe 5 min to log in during peak hours. 

People like the OP make me ashamed to be a part of this community.  I'm so sick of these threads.  Get a grip people.

I have nothing to prove to someone on the internet.

Calm down.

Its quite amusing.

Good show chap.

How am I trolling you? I gave people information on my experience.

I'm not the one making statements like "I hope the door hits you on your way out." that is a troll statement I have stayed calm and nice this entire time, I'm sorry that you cannot do the same.

When people fall back to the whole "YOU SO ANGRY, YOU MAD YOU MAD," (Granted that's a more juvenile version,) it's trolling.  Yes, I realize the door aspect was a bit over-the-top and I apologize.  

Also, you gave people information without taking into account that your bank might just be more lenient, and then people go to their banks and do it and suddenly find themselves in a steaming pile of doo. 

• HappyThoughtsHappyThoughts Member Posts: 22

Also, I call B.S.

You are starting to show your true colors my bridge lurking friend.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Don't get me wrong, it frusterated me to no end when I couldn't get on. (I'm that no lifer who loves shooting for first Max level, Heck on Rift I got it in SL for my server by nearly 12 hours on a warrior (weakest solo class at time) thats how sad I am) but over-all....

ITS AN MMO LAUNCH! A BIG MMO LAUNCH. Do we need to emphasize the fact problems on big titles launch happen very frequently. Even the most flawless launches have issues. If what I heard is correct they are actually extending 'early access', mostly providing extra free game time to players due to the issues which should be PLENTY to make up for the issues they have now. If you are expecting perfection on a MMO LAUNCH, I'm sorry, but you really are in some strange world.

Next time, don't go buying an MMo for early access if you expect it to be perfect and wait for a few weeks if you don't understand launches will never be flawless. 

Originally posted by HappyThoughts

Also, I call B.S.

You are starting to show your true colors my bridge lurking friend.

How would you like me to prove I did indeed get a refund? Post a screenshot if my bank statement to the internet?

Like I said if you want to call someone a liar over the internet be my guest most people on the internet are liars, but I will not find a purpose in proving anything to you.

I provided the information in which I had on getting a refund for this game.

Also as I said before a bank will not just do a charge back if they do not want to, and they will not put you in doo-doo if your bank is not as lenient as mine they will probly just tell you no, and that will be that.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    One less whiner. That's fine with me.

This discussion has been closed.