Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Launch Day Finally Arrives

2»

Comments

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by cura
    Originally posted by Darkspire
    To be honest the game is more or less as bad as it was 2 years ago, i am sure it will do well because of the fan base out there, but besides hard core ff fans i dont see a lot of people picking this one up.

Today i played marauder to level 12 with plan to be a tank. To be honest i cant imagine how this game could be much worse. Its painfully basic nad shallow grinder with awfull story. The combat is not bad but the rest... Ill try to force myself into playing some more tomorrow but i dont have much hope for improvement.

Lucky you, EU servers were so many times unavailable I was not able to play a lot. In middle of day there were no servers avail to create new characters. But after being playing with 1 alt I have impression I will shave 3 times before i get to killing some mobs. Rest very boring quests where all npc being completely mute does not add a lot to make them more fun.

For now enough, better wait day or two for more judgment, but so far it is more disappointment then not. Snif. And loved so much FF series.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    1017 IS HERE!!!

• Not sure what the issue is with most people.  They managed to fix most issues right before main launch.  I logged in, got a queue window saying 30 people ahead of me... and the promptly was logged in 45 seconds later.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    Originally posted by Cervani

Not sure what the issue is with most people.  They managed to fix most issues right before main launch.  I logged in, got a queue window saying 30 people ahead of me... and the promptly was logged in 45 seconds later.

ya that can happen but its rare.  they didnt fix anything btw, you just happened to either get lucky and snagged a spot or you logged in on off - peak hours.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    wow harder to get on tonite why ar epoepl goign afk now server maint is in like 4 hours so there going to get kick
  • keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Played today for ten hours and not a single problem getting on or in playing. The game changes a lot after level15 and I had a great time. I love the crafting system and everybody seemed very nice and not one bit of Argo in chat once. Great game and I hope they solve the log in problems you guys are haveing and if they get rid of all the afkers it would solve a lot of the problems.
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by dekkion1

this game is great!! you kids just need to learn patients!!!  ya know somthing i was taught  by my parents!!!!   to many people  wanna play!!  

ya SE should have been more prepared for this, But hey ,,alot of people like this game.

i played for 12hrs yesterday not one single problem, and yes they do have people working on the game.

so relax  all bugs will be fixed soon.

I love blind moronic fanboys but kid you need to learn what patients really are.

• HardcodedHardcoded Member UncommonPosts: 97

1) Hit start

2) Get put into queue if you are lucky

3) Get told that server is full and booted from queue.

4) Go back to #1

The fact that I have to do this for at least 15 min to even get into queue is completely unacceptable, if the world is full you should be put into queue, end of story. I was enjoying this game but if this does not get fixed I may end up writing this off.

• shikyo111shikyo111 Member Posts: 10
    Another >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EPIC FAILED LAUNCH. 
  • HappyThoughtsHappyThoughts Member Posts: 22
    Gotta love this latest batch of QQ.  If you are seriously cancelling or "writing off" this game because you couldn't play today just shows how you are slaves to your emotions and no different than children.
  • pkpsangriapkpsangria Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Darkspire
    To be honest the game is more or less as bad as it was 2 years ago, i am sure it will do well because of the fan base out there, but besides hard core ff fans i dont see a lot of people picking this one up.

Yeah millions of people playing is not a lot. 

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

'Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn : Launch Day Finally Arrives-and its drawbacks'

you guys talked about the the suspension of the downloadable version?

shame really -i own the original CE edition from 3 years ago?- wanted the 19.99 upgrade- guess i wont be seein that for a while.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by JeroKane

All NA and EU servers are full and on lockdown!  JP servers are hammered and pretty much full now too!

They ordered New hardware for JP data center only, but it won´t be ready until Next week.

So everyone buying the game now won´t be able to play anymore until SE pulls their fingers out of their rear ends and understands that it´s the NA and EU data centers that need New hardware badly!!

What a joke!

Another person unable to read. This is simply not true at all:

Thank you very much for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

We would like to make a clarification regarding our previous announcement “Regarding Congestion in Japan Data Center Worlds (Aug. 27)” in which we stated that we are preparing to increase the capacity of our data centers.

The first half of the announcement regarding login and character creation restrictions was directed towards our players who would be playing during peak hours in Japan data center Worlds.

However, the second half of the announcement regarding increasing the capacity of our data centers was meant to also encompass North American and European data center Worlds and not just be limited to Japan data center Worlds.

We deeply apologize for causing concern amongst the North American and European community due to our lack of clarity. Capacity will be increased for data centers in all regions.

Once again, thank you for your understanding and cooperation to help us welcome more players to the game.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178

Right now I would be playing. Unfortunately Best Buy Canada has decided that they suddenly do not take pre-orders for collector editions of the game. While this policy is all fine and good, the problem was I was told this a MONTH AND A HALF after I had already paid a portion of the game off after making a pre order for Final Fantasy 14 ARR Collectors Edition. Worse, is the fact because of large screw ups with the pre-order codes, which had me talking to 10 OTHER in store people, two store managers STILL no one caught the error. So release day I went to pick it up and to be brief got told "You should not have been able to pre-order that. The game doesn't exist in ANY store in Canada. Sorry there is nothing we can do."

Is there a lawyer in the house?

I will say those testing for the last 3 phases of the game, it is a LOAD better than 1.0. Sure they've had problems, but what game launches and does? Hell look at Star Wars Galaxies, their launch day their DB had a meltdown and was down for what a week?

• HardcodedHardcoded Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by HappyThoughts
    Gotta love this latest batch of QQ.  If you are seriously cancelling or "writing off" this game because you couldn't play today just shows how you are slaves to your emotions and no different than children.

There was a time in the early days of MMO's, where this type of launch was to be expected. This is no longer that time. It has nothing to do with not being able to play, for me this type of screw up would be expected from a company's 1st mmo, but surprise this is not Square Enix's 1st one, and it's not the 90's where no one knows what they are doing. It's a simple matter of if they can't get their crap together, I'm not going to waste my time and money on them.