Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Media] General: Support

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In this new bi-weekly comic, artist Blaz Klaric brings us his irreverent look into the foibles of the MMO worlds we love, and love to hate. Check out "Support" and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Lame joke is lame...?

I'm sorry, but these comics are becoming less and less likable each pass.  

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Well... I thought it was funny.

Smile

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

lol

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• TwigmansamTwigmansam Member Posts: 10

If you're going to give critism, at least make it constructive. Damn.

Enjoyed it, thanks for the laugh! I always look forward to seeing these throughout the week & can directly apply it to the MMO world.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

Reminds me of that Old EQ2 joke.  Two injured damsels stumble into a bar.  One falls into the arms of a Warden and is healed over time.  They turn to the Templar, and he is clubbing the second damsel.  The Warden grabs his weapon and demand to know what he is doing.  The Templar replies, "I'm healing her!"

I know, I don't tell it well.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    EQ2's Templars had a class of spell called Reactive Healing.  Basically it would heal when ever the target took damage.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• LungingWolfLungingWolf Member Posts: 73
    LOL.

Waiting for: Citadel of Sorcery. Along the way, The Elder Scrolls Online (when it is F2P).

Keeping an eye on: www.play2crush.com (whatever is going on here).

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Hahaha well played!

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    That was pretty funny.
    Originally posted by Twigmansam

Enjoyed it, thanks for the laugh! I always look forward to seeing these throughout the week & can directly apply it to the MMO world.

Constructive:

-The enemies are 1 dimensional solid black figures without any thought into their foreground/background placement (light/dark based on such).

- The healing symbols in panel #3 should be green and show up as actual healing, not the same color of blood as panel #2

- Panel #2's blood looks too orange and is more carrot juice than blood.

-Panel #2's tails of the arrows lack distinction that exists in Panel #3 (no symmetry there) and just look like silver shapes than arrow tails

-Blood on the right leg in Panel #2 doesn't belong. Nowhere near a wound and has no relation to the rest of the sustained injuries.

-Panel #3 has a greyish blue aura around the mace that fails to sync with what's doing, as it's the same shade as the background of most the bottom and lower right of the same panel

-Toothless smile in Panel #4 makes actions of Panel #3's removal of teeth a moot point.   In fact, the smile smacks of artificial linework  with being a very small drunk 'U' shape.

-Part of the underhang shading of the nose in panel #4 can be mistaken for an attempt at a Hitler mustache.

-Shading part around the cheeks and nose of the face doesn't align right with the rest of the skin tones for the person in panel #4.   Syncs up poorly with the dimples, making it look like a concave face.

-The left arm cuff on the rogue character in Panel #2 is missing the brown circlet that the right arm cuff has on it (same mistake repeated in Panel #4).

-Pinky in Panel #2 is completely misshapen and disproportionate compared to the other two digits on the same hand.

Is that "constructive criticism" enough for you?

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Nice! Made me giggle.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Konfess

< .... > The Templar replies, "I'm healing her!"

Same goes to AoC's DT :)  even has a Sadism counter, but that works a bit differently so not an exact match.

It's funny that Templars in games can usually heal only with afflicting damage...

• ganntakganntak Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Liked it myself. Sense of humor failure much?
    Originally posted by Siphaed
    Originally posted by Twigmansam

Constructive:

-The enemies are 1 dimensional solid black figures without any thought into their foreground/background placement (light/dark based on such).

- The healing symbols in panel #3 should be green and show up as actual healing, not the same color of blood as panel #2

- Panel #2's blood looks too orange and is more carrot juice than blood.

-Panel #2's tails of the arrows lack distinction that exists in Panel #3 (no symmetry there) and just look like silver shapes than arrow tails

-Blood on the right leg in Panel #2 doesn't belong. Nowhere near a wound and has no relation to the rest of the sustained injuries.

-Panel #3 has a greyish blue aura around the mace that fails to sync with what's doing, as it's the same shade as the background of most the bottom and lower right of the same panel

-Toothless smile in Panel #4 makes actions of Panel #3's removal of teeth a moot point.   In fact, the smile smacks of artificial linework  with being a very small drunk 'U' shape.

-Part of the underhang shading of the nose in panel #4 can be mistaken for an attempt at a Hitler mustache.

-Shading part around the cheeks and nose of the face doesn't align right with the rest of the skin tones for the person in panel #4.   Syncs up poorly with the dimples, making it look like a concave face.

-The left arm cuff on the rogue character in Panel #2 is missing the brown circlet that the right arm cuff has on it (same mistake repeated in Panel #4).

-Pinky in Panel #2 is completely misshapen and disproportionate compared to the other two digits on the same hand.

Is that "constructive criticism" enough for you?

This is just being done as something fun for us from MMORPG.com. People like you are the reason why we can't have fun things. Quit being nitpicky and just be happy for the fact that MMORPG.com even provides a comic for people to enjoy.

Smile

Originally posted by Razeekster
    *SNIPS*

This is just being done as something fun for us from MMORPG.com. People like you are the reason why we can't have fun things. Quit being nitpicky and just be happy for the fact that MMORPG.com even provides a comic for people to enjoy.

The thing about it is the lack of editorial over site on the thing.  It's using jokes referencing older games with select knowledge of referenced situations; and that's just the context of the joke itself, without consideration of all the issues mentioned above.    

The sketched in single-panel jokes used in the Guild Wars 2 articles on this site could/would have made a better comic than these things.

Here's an example:  http://www.mmorpg.com/image.cfm?id=7691&image=North-Aug19-2.jpg&width=400&height=440    Notice that the character shows fine, subtle detailed emotions through facial animation in mouth, eyes, and eyebrows.  Fingers are proportioned properly.   There's a lot of detail to the cloths and skin texture of the character too.   This is all basic stuff without coloring.    This is what MMORPG.com could turn into a readable, enjoyable comic.    The Trenches, a comic about making an MMORPG, is a good comic.    Guild Sores, LFG, ActionTrip, GUcomics, and Extralife are all good comics (many that don't even exist anymore).   This comic strip is not.  Okay?  My opinion has spoken!

• ricardokisricardokis Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Good one! Funny!
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I thought it was pretty funny, good job.
    Originally posted by Siphaed
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    *SNIPS*

The thing about it is the lack of editorial over site on the thing.  It's using jokes referencing older games with select knowledge of referenced situations; and that's just the context of the joke itself, without consideration of all the issues mentioned above.    

The sketched in single-panel jokes used in the Guild Wars 2 articles on this site could/would have made a better comic than these things.

Here's an example:  http://www.mmorpg.com/image.cfm?id=7691&image=North-Aug19-2.jpg&width=400&height=440    Notice that the character shows fine, subtle detailed emotions through facial animation in mouth, eyes, and eyebrows.  Fingers are proportioned properly.   There's a lot of detail to the cloths and skin texture of the character too.   This is all basic stuff without coloring.    This is what MMORPG.com could turn into a readable, enjoyable comic.    The Trenches, a comic about making an MMORPG, is a good comic.    Guild Sores, LFG, ActionTrip, GUcomics, and Extralife are all good comics (many that don't even exist anymore).   This comic strip is not.  Okay?  My opinion has spoken!

You clearly don't get that this wasn't professionally done, do you? This is done as something fun for the users of MMORPG.com. Quit being a  nitpicky know-it-all and enjoy the comic for what it is.

Smile

• BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Makes me think of my warrior priest. I miss Warhammer RVR something fierce.