Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too many invisible walls!

TalsalusTalsalus Member Posts: 12

If I want to jump off the ledge, let me. If I want to go down some rocks for a shortcut, let me. I am still really enjoying this game, but I had no idea how many invisible walls would be in the game.

Also, is there a two hand weapon dps class/job? Not the lancer/dagoon. I'm looking for a dps that uses 2hsword/axe/hammer. Not interested in tanking.

Comments

• WookieebobWookieebob Member UncommonPosts: 60
    2Handed class is Marauder, job is Warrior.
  • Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by Talsalus

If I want to jump off the ledge, let me. If I want to go down some rocks for a shortcut, let me. I am still really enjoying this game, but I had no idea how many invisible walls would be in the game.

Also, is there a two hand weapon dps class/job? Not the lancer/dagoon. I'm looking for a dps that uses 2hsword/axe/hammer. Not interested in tanking.

Well, you just eliminated both 2h classes, Lance and Axe. So no, there isn't a class like what you want.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• TalsalusTalsalus Member Posts: 12
    But they are tank role correct?
  • SararielSarariel Member UncommonPosts: 301

I agree, way too many walls.

Only thing I'm finding off putting about the game so far, that and no speech bubbles(?)

Other than the invisible walls, it's a perfect world.

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

Incorrect, you don't tank with a two-hander.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• c0existc0exist Member UncommonPosts: 196
    There are some invisible walls, but the ones ive come across are there for a reason.  If the jump is too high to where you can die if you do it the walls are there.  Also, if you have the chance of getting stuck somewhere the walls are there. 
  • TalsalusTalsalus Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by LizardEgypt

Incorrect, you don't tank with a two-hander.

Warrior uses a 2h and can only q as tank, right??

If not I need to change my class/job asap

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

There are fewer "walls" as you progress and the levels become a more complete 2-level layout.

It's not an open exploration game, they do railroad you, and you should expect it.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Marauder is a hybrid tank dps.

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by c0exist
     If the jump is too high to where you can die if you do it the walls are there. 

This is a lie.

I've thrown myself into the gorge in Western Thanalan.  The game caps falling damage at 1 HP, and if there are jumps/falls in the game that should kill you, that one more than qualifies.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by Gormogon

This is a lie.

I've thrown myself into the gorge in Western Thanalan.  The game caps falling damage at 1 HP, and if there are jumps/falls in the game that should kill you, that one more than qualifies.

Wrong.  I've died from fall damage.  You just got lucky - much like how I have when I jump from absurd heights.

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

This is a lie.

.. and I've run in to invisible walls trying to jump down a ledge barely the height of an Elezen. It's very inconsistent.

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by Alamareth

This is a lie.

Wrong.  I've died from fall damage.  You just got lucky - much like how I have when I jump from absurd heights.

Luck has nothing to do with it.

Yoshi-P - Yes. If the damage is high enough to kill, we will round it up to 1 HP. However, if you have a monster in the hate list you will die.

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297

Maurader/Warrior, Gladiator/Paladin are all tanks.