Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks for keeping my hope up!

While playing my 14 free days in Warhammer Online I notice something.  Darkfall Unholy Wars has a bigger population than Warhammer Online.  That gives me high hopes for Darkfall but makes me sad for WAR.  I do like WAR still and hope EA doesn't shut you down.  Maybe they will make the game F2P to save it?

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94

It's so sad, the situation now and I'm not talking about population on our 2 remaining servers. But if this silence from EA Mythic goes on I fear for the future of Warhammer Online.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    They have recouped the investment made on WAR so at this point they couldn't give a damn.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Nidwin

It's so sad, the situation now and I'm not talking about population on our 2 remaining servers. But if this silence from EA Mythic goes on I fear for the future of Warhammer Online.

WAR's future is already be a vegetable until it no longer supports itself.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    I don't think they even have the dev manpower to turn it f2p.
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    They don't have. And Nid here could confirm that.

They have what? Three devs total? And several more(not more than five, don't get your hopes up!) that bounce between all the Mythic games(UO, DAoC, WAR).

Such a shame for such a franchise to get the devs of this "magnitude"(or the lack there of)...

Yeah.

It doesn't look like there's any kind of manpower left for Warhammer Online. No 2nd part of the live event and no info since months about the patch 1.4.9 that was nearly finished back in those days. That patch should have "shortly" followed the 1.4.8 Currency patch that went live 9 months ago.

With zero communication since months my guess is that everything concerning War has been put on hold for quite some time now, till ...

Even Fozee, lead moderator is being kept in the dark, no contacts anymore with any staff for a very long time now.

It's a pain in the arse but nothing we can do, or now even hope, about it.

Nid

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

After playing a week and reading about WAR it feels like a sinking ship.  WAR doesn't deserve this type of death.  I wonder when the franchise contract is up.  I bet it will shut down then (usually 2 year contracts).

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

It's going to be a big loss for us, the remaining playerbase, as there's nothing else for us to play.

We only have 1 game and even that is going to be taken away from us. And because we're linked to that fucking Warhammer IP, you have no idea Gorwe how much I hate it to be linked to the Warhammer Fantasy IP, we won't be able to have a private server up and running or the code made available to someone willing to keep a private server up.

Sad panda Nidwin