Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally... don't feel the need to rush to level cap...

gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

Its been so long since i felt this way... Its been a long time since i felt that there were other things interesting enough to put time into instead of blowing through to level cap. I've been playing NON STOP since early access start(and i have played since beta 2), and i feel like i have only scratched the surface of this game. So much immersion, such a great storyline, so many things to do... everything feels so alive and popping, the community is great, the environments still feel as gorgeous and rich as ever, people fishing at bridges and stuff as you are walking by, towns and cities are full of action. i was also worried about combat at first but now that i am lvl 20+ and i have more skills and used to the system, it all seems very well done. To top it off, i am totally in love with the crafting system too... theres just so many types of progressions you can do and they all seem worthwhile to your character even if its not "leveling your main class."

i seriously did no expect to have this much fun. get this game. now. if only they didnt have the stupid server problems...

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Comments

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by gessekai332

Its been so long since i felt this way... Its been a long time since i felt that there were other things interesting enough to put time into instead of blowing through to level cap. I've been playing NON STOP since early access start(and i have played since beta 2), and i feel like i have only scratched the surface of this game. So much immersion, such a great storyline, so many things to do... everything feels so alive and popping, the community is great, the environments still feel as gorgeous and rich as ever, people fishing at bridges and stuff as you are walking by, towns and cities are full of action. i was also worried about combat at first but now that i am lvl 20+ and i have more skills and used to the system, it all seems very well done. To top it off, i am totally in love with the crafting system too... theres just so many types of progressions you can do and they all seem worthwhile to your character even if its not "leveling your main class."

i seriously did no expect to have this much fun. get this game. now. if only they didnt have the stupid server problems...

Agree. I most certainly did not expect this to be my new home. (Been homeless since about  2009ish.) Glad i FINALLY found it.  This is it finally. Its odd.  Wasn't excited for the game at all.............then..............I played it and............well.................DAMN......

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Epicent

Agree. I most certainly did not expect this to be my new home. (Been homeless since about  2009ish.) Glad i FINALLY found it.  This is it finally. Its odd.  Wasn't excited for the game at all.............then..............I played it and............well.................DAMN......

its hard to believe it when you finally found an MMO you feel like you will be able to call your home. I too have been homeless for a looong time.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

I'm just happy to see some good news attached to Square Enix's name XD

They need to let people in to play though! Did they run stress tests?

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

Originally posted by Epicent

its hard to believe it when you finally found an MMO you feel like you will be able to call your home. I too have been homeless for a looong time.

I thought it was going to be  Rift,  Tera,  Guild Wars 2. FF14 was such an  after  thought for me. I only got legacy status because I accidentally forgot to cancel  my sub. (lucky me :) )  But, those other games I found myself trying to like them. Telling myself they would get better. This game is so fun the whole damned time. You are right. this isnt about the endgame. Its about the journey. But I have a feeling the end game will be amazing as well.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

Me: Never followed game; disappointed by ver 1.0 in 2010 to say the least; not in beta.

This game is frankly ... just fun.  

That's the best way to say it, I think.

A lot of unexpected fun, because I expected it to be meh, and instead it has me playing social gamer, which I almost never doin MMOs.  

This is a very, very god reboot.  Yoshi deserves massive kudos.  And I would love to be his agent atm, just sayin.

• Bluefear77Bluefear77 Member UncommonPosts: 112

Wow, it is pretty amazing you can make that decision so quickly.

People have asked me if I like it and I haven't been able to make a definitive decision with the limited time of gameplay. Even if the servers weren't a disaster I don't think I could decide if I like it or not yet.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Bluefear77

People have asked me if I like it and I haven't been able to make a definitive decision with the limited time of gameplay. Even if the servers weren't a disaster I don't think I could decide if I like it or not yet.

i mean ive also played since spring because of the betas. but  also i feel like i'm at the point in my mmo-life where i already know what i want and what i dont want .

Originally posted by Bluefear77

i mean ive also played since spring because of the betas. but  also i feel like i'm at the point in my mmo-life where i already know what i want and what i dont want .

Best to ignore people like  that.