Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access Still Available?

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    OK, so I can just buy via this link and get in?  Are there any worlds that aren't full?
  • Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Vigg
    OK, so I can just buy via this link and get in?  Are there any worlds that aren't full?

It's the first day of launch, like any MMO aside from GW2 which had a few hiccups, it will have server stability issues, game altering bugs, repeated patching, and numerous emergency maintenance closures. Wait a week, two, or a month and come back when everyone has whined and complained and declared it shit, and play with hospitable people worth your time.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

Originally posted by Electro057

It's the first day of launch, like any MMO aside from GW2 which had a few hiccups, it will have server stability issues, game altering bugs, repeated patching, and numerous emergency maintenance closures. Wait a week, two, or a month and come back when everyone has whined and complained and declared it shit, and play with hospitable people worth your time.

I've been there for almost all the major MMO launches...First day problems won't scare me away, LOL.  Are there any servers that are open to new players, or are they all full?

Thanks!

• Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93

I've been there for almost all the major MMO launches...First day problems won't scare me away, LOL.  Are there any servers that are open to new players, or are they all full?

Thanks!

Some are def open for char creation, actually getting into play after may be another story though!

Originally posted by Elegance92

Thanks!

Some are def open for char creation, actually getting into play after may be another story though!

You can actually do this here for free with the Benchmark. It allows you to do character creation! 

NZXT Phantom 410 Case

So when I try to buy the game, it asks for my email address and password.  I tried using the same email and password I got into the beta client with.  Says "credentials invalid."  Do I have to create some second account with SE or something?  It doesn't give me the option to create an account, just to log in.
  • isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I use the same login and password as beta for early play, so I don't think you should have to do a new one. Just make sure the game is registered to the correct account.

Hmmmnnn, nope...I've got all my service accounts on the one SE account. Try again? What you gotta do is log into you SE account, here: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=accountFrom there you go.... MogStore....And reg your number.

NZXT Phantom 410 Case

OK, seems to be working.  Can I just update my beta client, or do I need to download everything again?
  • Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93
    OK, seems to be working.  Can I just update my beta client, or do I need to download everything again?

If its the beta 4 client, should be good to update.

• javon1334javon1334 Member Posts: 59
    If this is launch day, then why can I login in still..

OK, another problem.  I tried doing the early access separate registration, but apparently I wrote the code down incorrectly.  Says it's invalid.  I can't find an email listing the early access code, just the general code.

Where can I go to find my early access code?  After doing some Googling, it appears that SE has not been sending out emails with the code...

Thanks!

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    If the code 18 digits long it's the pre-order code.
    Originally posted by NetSage
    If the code 18 digits long it's the pre-order code.

Apparently I wrote it down incorrectly, as what I entered a couple of times is invalid.  I haven't received an email with the early access code, as apparently others have not from SE either.

Talking about the 20-digit early access code.  The general, 18-digit code worked fine...Got an e-mail with that in it.

• Zohdi118Zohdi118 Member UncommonPosts: 76
    You can buy it, but odds are you can't log in to play it.  Excessive server traffic making for an awful log in experience.  Been trying to log in since 6 PM EST......and still no luck.  Should get better in about a week to 10 days.
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    oh! I see.  Ya, there was a huge delay on that code for me with email.  think it took a day or two.
  • Zohdi118Zohdi118 Member UncommonPosts: 76
    I got my code in about 5 minutes from the Square Enix store.
    Originally posted by NetSage
    oh! I see.  Ya, there was a huge delay on that code for me with email.  think it took a day or two.

Shitttttttt, I guess I'm screwed until that email arrives.  I can't believe they wouldn't send it out right away...Stupid me for being sloppy in writing the code down.

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165

Not sure if anyones said this already, but the game has launched.  I don't care what that one post about early access being extended to the 29th says.

My early access code is still invalid but im in game. Of couse they didn't bother to give me any of the preorder items I was promised...not that it matters maybe except for the XP boost hat that's good for only 10 levels...

Anyway, im almost 100% certain that if you buy the game, enter the game registration code, and download the client you will get into the game.  Well unless you are EU then im sure youll be in line waiting as I think every single server is packed full, unless they added more a few hours ago.

I found one NA server that was good, was able to leave game and come back, both entries I had a queue less than 50 people.

It might be a decent idea to perhaps wait a bit.  The game itself seems to be extremely polished in the few hours I played. No bugs, no issues, no lag.  Lag thing is good because there are fcking people everywhere.

So far the game just seems like a standard mmorpg with the FF lore attached.  Yeah the world looks good graphically, combat is really slow, which I don't care about other than a skill order queue, as its annoying time the key hits to coincide with the 3 seconds between every attack that you just stand there.

Oh and I LOL'ed at their dynamic event attempt.  I saw them pop on the map and got cinematic text about a fate event or something.  Looked around curious what I was suppose to do.  Just one big mob shows up, everyone wails on it, you get xp and some money when it dies.  The End.  Every time.  It doesn't detract from the game but its just kind of funny how...I dunno just one mob pops and you tank and spank it...maybe higher level ones are more interesting...certainly not like any modern western style DE where lots of stuff is going on and lots of stuff needs to be done ect.

Also, I know its been said about voice overs in the game....yeah...it just feels so damn strange a game that looks as good as this to have a guy flapping his head silently as I read a text box.  Not sure if I remember how games use to do this but it just feels off in a game like this...perhaps im spoiled.  I think games use to have the guy say like one standard issue line...or something...either way the completely silent NPC thing is odd.

Originally posted by Strangerous

Anyway, im almost 100% certain that if you buy the game, enter the game registration code, and download the client you will get into the game.  Well unless you are EU then im sure youll be in line waiting as I think every single server is packed full, unless they added more a few hours ago.

Unfortunately, when I log in to the game (had the client from the 4th beta), it says that I have to register.  When I click the link to register, my only option is to enter a 5-part, 20-digit code.  All I have is the 4-part, 18-digit main registration code...I'm NA.