Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Should I Play This Game Again?

Sky.FalconSky.Falcon Member UncommonPosts: 60
Dont get me wrong I love the final fantasy franchise but when I looked up some videos on this it doesnt look all that exciting to me. Tell me why you're excited about it.

Pretty much played every MMO that's come out since WoW.../sigh

Comments

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    I grew up on Final Fantasy. So when I'm playing in a final fantasy world and it TRULY has that final fantasy feeling to it, my nostalgia scales blows up. :P Other then that. Game looks amazing, love being able to play different classes, and have more things to due, dungeons are fun, and of course the music, the final fantasy feel wouldn't be complete without its amazing music to draw me into every battle, every dungeon, every new area.
  • Sky.FalconSky.Falcon Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I agree with you. But with the way MMO's are "strutting their stuff" so to speak. I just dont see how this game is pushing the envelope. 

• LProofLProof Member Posts: 24
    As of now...you shouldn't. It's just an added stress. When they fix the server issues, then play the game...it's very fun.

...nothing someone says before the word "but" really counts.
    -Benjen Stark

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Sky.Falcon
    I agree with you. But with the way MMO's are "strutting their stuff" so to speak. I just dont see how this game is pushing the envelope. 

It's not trying to push the envelope.  And, the FF franchise hasn't really been either for many years now :P.

All it's trying to do is be a solid MMORPG which imo is actually pushing the envelope because we don't get one great feature with the rest being shallow (eg. TERA, GW2, etc).

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Are you a FF fan? Then you should play this game.

Do you like traditional slow paced tab target hotbar MMO combat with a long GCD (slower than WoW)? Then you should play this game.

Do you like meaningful crafting? Then you should play this game.

Do you like to follow the crowd and play every new MMO? Then you should play this game.

Do you want a game that actually offers something new? Probably not the game for you.
  • MorvMorv Member UncommonPosts: 331

Honestly, I did not last that long. Primarily, it is the part where the static mobs standing around outside of town waiting to be slaughtered that drove me away... When I made it out of the city I immediately remembered an old online game I played called "Knights Online"... It felt exactly like that.... I think Knights Online was a Korean game to boot.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

You shouldn't

That is the answer you wanted right?

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    I would say, you play this game again because it has most updated realisc looking fantasy characters ever made, and a new storyline that continues at the start of the 7th age, which is after the first FFXIV storyline and because if someone like me can like this game and have canceled two preorders of the first version, and I can say this many good things, then it should tell ya something!
  • GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198

1. Go ahead and play something else, nobody cares.

2. Wait a second...right, there isn't a single new MMORPG on the market, which is worth playing.

• darthadendarthaden Member Posts: 47
    If it doesn't look interesting to you don't play it. the game is not for everyone. It's a low on action and high on story game. If your looking for a fast pace action game you would hate it.
  • shingoukiehshingoukieh Member UncommonPosts: 126

its maybe a 8/10 so far for me....im only level 6 though so meh.....the storyline is good i started out in limsa lominsa and i like the pirate type of theme. only thing i think is subpar is the fate system.  considering its a tab target vs an action it seems really lame so far at least. not bad but not as good as guild wars 2 dynamic events. flashy spells make you look like you do more damage than you should...im an arcanist and the first summon is cool...i cant imagine how max level is gonna look!!!! 

get it but dont go in looking for the next innovative mmorpg. go in there with a mindset that its going to be final fantasy like material.

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by evilastro

Do you like traditional slow paced tab target hotbar MMO combat with a long GCD (slower than WoW)? Then you should play this game.

Do you like to follow the crowd and play every new MMO? Then you should play this game.

Do you want a game that actually offers something new? Probably not the game for you.

I see what you did here

• DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136

For fun ?

no ?

move along to a another mmo ?

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424

I went into this apprehensive on early access, granted they've had their server issues im hopelessly addicted its really bad.  I don't know why this game has taken ahold of me so hardcore.  Everything about the game just feels alive and full of depth and the further you get the deeper it gets.  Great game.

• MatryoshkaMatryoshka Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by evilastro

I answered yes to most of these questions, and I have to say, I played the game, and it was still boring for me. It has only been a few days and I can't even bring myself to open it anymore, it is just a slow, boring grind, and there isn't much to do at low levels to help that and keep it exciting. I know you shouldn't judge a MMO by the low levels, but it's been too boring for me to keep playing. I really wanted a new MMO to replace WoW for me, but this one just doesn't do it for me, sadly.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by Morv

Honestly, I did not last that long. Primarily, it is the part where the static mobs standing around outside of town waiting to be slaughtered that drove me away... When I made it out of the city I immediately remembered an old online game I played called "Knights Online"... It felt exactly like that.... I think Knights Online was a Korean game to boot.

So, pretty much like every other MMO. Are you playing any MMO right now?

I hate this myself, it's one of the worst things about MMOs that has never been re-invented although it would be so simple to fix. I call it the virtual Zoo. Mobs standing in designated areas like in a Zoo but without the cages. They barely move or mix, they do not eat or hunt each other as they should and they do not migrate in packs. Its really simple to do these things but none of the MMO developers has ever even tried to do it.

I totally agree with you that this is a terrible thing but unfortunately every MMO has it. So it's either accept it or don't play MMOs at all.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    If it doesn't appeal to you at all with all the info available, then idk what to say.
  • NephelaiNephelai Member UncommonPosts: 185

Just wasted $30 what a disappointment.

• Intro is boring as hell with no sound its like you are watching a silent movie - cant even esc out of it and have to go thru it every  new char.
    • The world feels dead there are no worldly sounds just elevator music and footsteps
    • The abilities are slow
    • The mobs dumb
    • The quest interactions are slow with bubble chat - ain't nobody got time for that
    • Instanced city zones within instanced city zones..............
    • Graphics are what you'd expect from 3 years ago
    • Its basically re modeled / skinned Aion

I cant see how people are expected to get thru that rubbish on the promise that things get better later.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Nephelai

• Intro is boring as hell with no sound its like you are watching a silent movie - cant even esc out of it and have to go thru it every  new char.
    • The world feels dead there are no worldly sounds just elevator music and footsteps
    • The abilities are slow
    • The mobs dumb
    • The quest interactions are slow with bubble chat - ain't nobody got time for that

I cant see how people are expected to get thru that rubbish on the promise that things get better later.

Wait......what??????

Did you really just post that about an MMORPG?

• NephelaiNephelai Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Nephelai

• The abilities are slow
    • The mobs dumb

Wait......what??????

Did you really just post that about an MMORPG?

Yep there are far more efficient quest interaction systems than sitting there acknowledging chat bubble after chat bubble. Its typical of Asian MMORPG's.

The time should be spent in the doing not finding out what to do.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Seems to me people play and enjoy this game for one or more of the following reasons:

* They're FF fans

* They like the tried and tested "themepark 1A" formula

* They want to try the new major AAA title, i.e. the "new and shiny" logic

* "There is nothing else to play"

Nothing wrong with the first three reasons imho, the game is what it is and it never claimed it would change the genre or anything. Personally I'm not interested in this type of game but obviously a lot of people are. More power to them.

What I fail to understand though is how it can be so important for some gamers to always be playing an MMO that they will invest time and money in a title they would probably not play if there were other games around that they wanted to play.

I mean it's not like there's REALLY a severe lack of games in general, so the "there's nothing else to play" reason is just moot. I would never spend time playing a MMO I don't really like just because no other MMO grabs my interest at the moment. I can hardly find time to play the SP games I enjoy right now, so it would feel absurd to spend time on an MMO that's new and shiny because it just released, but bland and boring in every other aspect.

• Jairoe03Jairoe03 Member Posts: 732

If a player can't do his/her own research then maybe you aren't even interested enough in the game to begin with. Seems somewhat arrogant and cocky to create what I view as a selfish thread then try to get people that do enjoy the game to try to "convince" OP to play even when this person possess dissenting opinion. I won't tell players like yourselves what you are missing out on. Keep judging every MMO by its cover, I would prefer you out of my games.

• Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229

it's just like every other themepark. Big differences are that crafting is pretty good, it's polished, it's breathtaking. If you are looking for innovation then no.

I am going to wait a while , maybe a year or so before investing money into it. I do love final fantasy but after beta testing a couple months i just don't see it worth the investment for me at the moment.

OP just ask yourself if you want a polished themepark game that gets off slowly but it's depth is what keeps you playing. If the answer is yes then play it, if not don't play it. 

• Sky.FalconSky.Falcon Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Thanks for the input guys. After watching a few videos on youtube I think im going to hold off on this one. I am desperately in need of a home MMO. I feel like an orphan out here lol

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Sky.Falcon
    Thanks for the input guys. After watching a few videos on youtube I think im going to hold off on this one. I am desperately in need of a home MMO. I feel like an orphan out here lol

sorry to hear that. its a shame really, because the youtube videos are deceptive and ffxiv is a really really great home. i havent felt this way in 10 years and i played every almost every single big mmorpg launch to date. good luck finding a new game.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)