Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only MMORPG without a Queue System = Epic Fail

CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288

How do you design a MMORPG without a Queue system? They seriously expect people to sit there and log on and off trying to get on their server for hours at a time?

This basically makes it impossible to play with friends and guild. As a NA player, I am stuck screwing around on a EU server.

I haven't seen a launch this bad in a very long time.. Most launches have their performance issues, but this launch basically doesn't allow you to play at all. Square Enix must be a bunch of noob's at this. 

Comments

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

How many hours did you have to try?

I tried for about 5 minutes then I got into a queue?

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    There is a queue system but for some reason the queue is limited to 500 is the word.  I agree it's insane and don'tget it.  But, the game it self is still great.
  • King_JgKing_Jg Member Posts: 27
    There is a queue system; they're just throttling players right now. I know, it's really frustrating. I got stuck, but I just kept trying and eventually got in.
  • flclimaxflclimax Member UncommonPosts: 92
    this isn't the only MMO without login queue system, but unlike a certain other game there is no solution for servers being full.
  • CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288
    There is a queue system? I must be excluded, as every single server I've tried on for days gives "server full" 1017 message. How is that a queue system?
    Originally posted by CallsignVega
    There is a queue system? I must be excluded, as every single server I've tried on for days gives "server full" 1017 message. How is that a queue system?

Yes, just ignore the answers we gave explaining why you aren't being put in it.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    IMHO, having a queue system in 2013 is an epic fail. An overflow system a la GW2 is a thousand time better. Waiting to log in is just plain stupid if you ask me, especially if you pay to play.
    Originally posted by SirFubar
    IMHO, having a queue system in 2013 is an epic fail. An overflow system a la GW2 is a thousand time better. Waiting to log in is just plain stupid if you ask me, especially if you pay to play.

I would disagree.  Overflow leads other problems like "standing" next to someone in your guild that you can't see. And, really messes up events imo as well.  But, this comes down to personal opinion and either system is better than what they're doing now.

• Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175

There is no queue right now. You either get in or you don't. Period. You need to stare at the log-in menu/character list while slamming the 0 key on your number pad to maybe get in.

By far the worst MMO launch in recent memory, and probably the worst one I've ever been in since Lineage I.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Epic?

Oh FFS, what's next?

• Rollcage8Rollcage8 Member Posts: 63

I must being playing offpeak too much, cause everytime over the last week i have been able to login straight away. I have also yet to recieve any of the instance bugs everyone is crying so loudly about.

Already a level 20 archer, 15 marauder, and a few tradeskills over lvl 10. 

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

I've remarked on this point previously in another thread.

But Square Enix's favoratism towards their home region is messing up their global reputation. They have more servers dedicated to Japan alone and that market sold just less than half of what sales were here in the states. Yet the servers for NA and EU are housed in the same location in Canada and run off the same bandwidth and third-party hosting provider who's dropping the ball left and right.

We need more servers dedicated to NA players and we need them NOW!

Beta 4 and early access were more than enough to present this as a fact to Square Enix, but they're going ahead with what they've got with their fingers crossed and hoping for the best. This is a huge mistake that may end up fumbling the ball to the point of no recovery.

Waiting to see what happens with the live launch to make my final judgements though.

• Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Keldor837

I've remarked on this point previously in another thread.

But Square Enix's favoratism towards their home region is messing up their global reputation. They have more servers dedicated to Japan alone and that market sold just less than half of what sales were here in the states. Yet the servers for NA and EU are housed in the same location in Canada and run off the same bandwidth and third-party hosting provider who's dropping the ball left and right.

We need more servers dedicated to NA players and we need them NOW!

Beta 4 and early access were more than enough to present this as a fact to Square Enix, but they're going ahead with what they've got with their fingers crossed and hoping for the best. This is a huge mistake that may end up fumbling the ball to the point of no recovery.

Waiting to see what happens with the live launch to make my final judgements though.

The game is live.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7ff4410ffb5eef0c621012a43204813522366069

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    This is really a dreadful early access launch.  At least with Vanguard, I could log in.  But this?  This is just.....bleh.  Awful.
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I fail to see the difference between not getting to login, and not getting to login because of queue.

The last time I waited in queue, was Rift. All it did was kick me after an hour or so of waiting. That to me seems no better than just not getting to log in, since I couldn't log in.

I understand the lameness of paying and not getting to play.

Maybe being old and jaded has actually brought me a level of peace? My "been there, got DC'd" attitude affords me the luxury of being able to "wait and see".

As far as empathy goes, I do understand. I did it before. Pre-ordered. Early started. Got kicked. Missed out on guilds. Had to pick new servers. Got error XXXX987476509q3759q23867. All of it.

As far a sympathy goes I have little. This is a learning experience, for the players and SE. -IF- the players vote, respond. react., with their wallets, this will likely be a 1 time episode. If the players still play, well then SE, NC Soft, BLizzard, ANet, all of them can have a conference call and say, "Yup, it is true what they say about fools and their money."

Maybe I see you in FFXIV ARR some weeks from now. Maybe not. I have lots of crap on my plate ATM that helps me decide how much not to spend on gaming. But I have heard lots of good things from trusted sources, that would encourage me to paly. Meh

My 2 coppers. 

• BallistaBallista Member UncommonPosts: 120

I haven't been able to log into the server I played in Beta 4 even once since Friday because of the 1017 "world is full" system. I'm beyond angry. This genuinely is the worst experience I've ever had with an MMO launch ever.

• nennafirnennafir Member UncommonPosts: 313
    Queue system sucks as currently implemented.  Anyone who disagrees is on a rare ghosttown server or a rabid Square fanboy.  Early access at least is a complete disaster.  I have only been able to login once (this morning at 7 am, which was useless as I had about 5 minutes until I had to go to work) for the whole EA period.

I would suggest to anyone even considering to buy this game, wait.  Do not drop any money on this game at the moment because due to the massive login issues, chances are you won't be able to play.

By the time they get this squared away, there will be those few who will have already reached max level.  They can then hear input as to how the rest of the game is.

At this point, I am actually regretting making my preorder purchase.

• nennafirnennafir Member UncommonPosts: 313
    Originally posted by Four0Six

I fail to see the difference between not getting to login, and not getting to login because of queue.

The difference is that with a CORRECTLY WORKING queue system, if you wait then you will get in eventually.  With the other system, you might never get in that night.  Does this make it simple enough for you?

Obviously, a dysfunctional or non-correctly working queue system is of benefit to no one.

Originally posted by nennafir
    Originally posted by Four0Six

The difference is that with the queue system, if you wait then you will get in eventually.  With the other system, you might never get in that night.  Does this make it simple enough for you?

Yes, with the queue you know exactly at what place you are in line.  With the current system its very ambiguous.

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Ballista

I haven't been able to log into the server I played in Beta 4 even once since Friday because of the 1017 "world is full" system. I'm beyond angry. This genuinely is the worst experience I've ever had with an MMO launch ever.

You've had some pretty tame experiences...This is nothing. Stop whining, everyone with 2 worthwhile cents in their head and a few years of MMO launches know to avoid that shit like the plague. Sub a month or two after they've worked out the issues and all the WoW migrants have quite playing and the servers are stable.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I havent been able to get on any US servers but I've been playing on an JP server and it's been great, there are surprisingly alot of English speaking players on this server.  I did a search for GLD and CNJ and the 200 that popped up were all english speaking players and I havent felt any FPS lost at all.  The server i'm on is Kujata.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Sounds like almost every MMO launch or even most expansion launches to date. GG on the early access though. Playing beta for a few days + the lack of any real info on anything endgame = no purchase for me.
    Originally posted by Utinni
    Sounds like almost every MMO launch or even most expansion launches to date. GG on the early access though. Playing beta for a few days + the lack of any real info on anything endgame = no purchase for me.

I find it more reminiscent of earlier MMO launches.  Most recent launches I have been a part of have been fairly smooth.  Sure, maybe a day of some issues, but this is going on the third day,  And many, myself included, have not been able to play for more than an hour or so.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    I don't know that I'll ever understand these types of issues this day and age.  They can't be "surprised" by how popular the game is, they should know how many they sold.  If they can't resolve this in a stress test, then stress tests have no value whatsoever.